PDA

View Full Version : My take on why Texas lost to tOSU

AggieJohn
09-10-2006, 11:54 AM
1. Mack Brown turned back to "Can't win the big ones"

2.Colt McCoy didn't involve Limas Sweed enough

3. Selvin wasn't particularly amazing

4. Brown's absense was apparent

5. Anytime you have the all-time leading rusher on the sidelines in the state that he did a majority of his work in, and he says that the visiting team is gonna win, that's just bad karma.

carter08
09-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Instant Karmas gonna get you

wedo
09-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

5. Anytime you have the all-time leading rusher on the sidelines in the state that he did a majority of his work in, and he says that the visiting team is gonna win, that's just bad karma.

O well is a Win Game considered to be A&M??

b/c i know we will beat them!!!

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 12:06 PM
1. Ohio State is the #1 team in the country and showed it last night, they pretty much have TWO defenses that compete with top 10 schools and two great offensive lines...

2. Sweed wasn't involved in a lot of the play-calling after the 1st qt... #1 reason is they covered him so damned well

3. Selvin was pretty damn amazing if you ask me... minus that dropped pass toword the end, which game were you watching? The fact is they should have kept giving him the ball... but you gamble, you work on other things...

4. You are correct on that one... though I felt they should have scouted that offense a tad better, it was still obvious they needed that kid in the game...

5. He's also about to be on a stupid 'reality' show about that 'fancy' dancin'...

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2006, 12:08 PM

I love it..Brown loses, and he "turns" into cant win the big one...This loss broke a NINE game winning streak agianst ranked teams...So when Texas beat USC did Carroll turn back into cant win the big one? Would you say Bob Stoops can now not win the big one? I mean heck he lost in two BCS title games and got beat by Texas last year. This was not a Brown lost the game for Texas..OSU beat Texas.

And you say Selvin was not amazing..well I guess getting 8.5 yards a carry is not amazing..Right now I am more concerned that Charles seems to lack that explosive cut he had last year.

I agree about not involving Sweed, but Sweed has yet to show he can really be the number one target..he has flashes..My question is where is Jordan Shipley? Will he ever produce anywhere near the level everyone thought.

Yes Brown's absent hurt..but what hurt even worse was not having him and Griffin being hurt so early in the game.

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Right now I am more concerned that Charles seems to lack that explosive cut he had last year.

Yah, he didn't show it as much this week, he did show his toughness by not giving up on first contact, he was running like he thought he was Zonka...

Bullaholic
09-10-2006, 12:20 PM

AJ....I think you ran #1 thru the Aggie "spin" machine before posting it. I think you were in touch with reality enough on your other reasons to allow some discussion. :D

AggieJohn
09-10-2006, 01:22 PM
in response to my five earlier:

1. I don't mean that he's going to be a horrible coach from here on out...I just don't think that the things that he did to win against USC, he did last night against tOSU....I honestly believe that the horns roll the rest of the season....and get a BCS bid, but they lost their abliity to play for a MNC last night....;

2. 36 yards by Limas is not going to get you a win anytime

3. 150 yards by young/charles against the number one team in the nation is not going to get you a W

4. A. Gonzalez 8 rec for 142 yards for 17.8 yrds per carry

5. Watch out for the athletes on that show, Jerry Rice made it pretty far last season.

zeke
09-10-2006, 01:23 PM
For the shotgun spread to be successful, the QB needs to run the ball a significant number of times to hold the defense in their lanes...otherwise the defense keys the lone RB. I think McCoy ran it by design maybe once. He's also lackluster when he hands off to the RB...he needs to act like he still has the ball...3 hard steps.

The Hill
09-10-2006, 01:35 PM
if Pitman doesnt try to stretch for the endzone and fumble we have a whole new ball game

BreckTxLonghorn
09-10-2006, 01:35 PM

Just a couple thoughts from this. Not a rebuttal by any means, just my opinions.

1. It's not so much Mack losing his edge more than him letting Greg Davis go back to the usual offensive script. He's too conservative, he rarely throws a ball downfield, and he gets too stuck in his ways. Thus, the shotgun read with a more traditional quarterback.

2. Once again, that goes back to Greg Davis' play calling.

3. I thought Selvin and Jamaal played particularly well. The play was just more grind it out than big plays. Still, considering they combined for 27 carries for 171 yds, I'll take it. If one running back did it, people would say thats a damn good day at the office. Well, Selvin and Jamaal are used for different plays in order to maximize their efficiency.

4. You are correct.

5. Emmitt should go support HIS college, instead of hanging out at other games.

wos fan1
09-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm ready for A&M to play somebody. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2006, 01:45 PM
We say Davis did not call more deep throws, and I was one saying that at first..BUT after listening to what Davis said, I cant reall blame him

The did call some pass plays that were designed to go deeper down the field, but Colt checked down to his valve..Also OSU started sagging their CBs 5-10 yards off the ball..they wanted Texas to be forced to throw short passes. So not all the blame can be laid at Davis. Some of it was their D making good calls, and some of it was Colt not making the throws

MagicMan
09-10-2006, 05:03 PM
the only answer for this thread is the crappy defense that was played...and if they continue to play like that jarvorskie will run them over

Texas-Fight
09-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by The Hill
if Pitman doesnt try to stretch for the endzone and fumble we have a whole new ball game Ditto!

DDBooger
09-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
the only answer for this thread is the crappy defense that was played...and if they continue to play like that jarvorskie will run them over lol UT is not the citadel or louisiana lafayette(or who ever a&m played). better yet, a&m IS NOT ohio state! a&m will start strong, product of its schedule, but finish horribly, say good-bye to coach fran after this year

3afan
09-10-2006, 05:26 PM

Mack had nothing to do with it ---- thats the lamest thing people say - "Mack can't win th big one" - so cliche-ish

OSU was simply better!!!!!!!!!!!!

DDBooger
09-10-2006, 05:28 PM
no kidding who are aggies to bring that up? can't win the big one but on occasion win the national championship or hey lets just win one(coach fran).

WestTXLonghorn
09-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Easy to answer.

1. The Bucks played a near flawless football game and we made a bunch of mistakes.

2. Tressel and Co. exploited our depleted secondary all night.

If you look at the stats, tOSU hardly got any rushing yards until right at the end of the game. They had absolutely no running game. . .Troy Smith who's always been booked as a dual threat QB didn't run for jack the entire night either. The only thing they did was throw to their receivers who were wide open because our brand new DB's in Foster/Palmer had no clue what was going on. That was painfully obvious the entire game.

We played like crap on offense and made some HUGE mistakes and STILL the game was close the entire way until the end.

We'll win out, go 11-1 or w/e and we STILL might end up in the championship game considering that 5-6 out of the 7 teams above us play each other before the season ends.

DDBooger
09-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Easy to answer.

1. The Bucks played a near flawless football game and we made a bunch of mistakes.

2. Tressel and Co. exploited our depleted secondary all night.

If you look at the stats, tOSU hardly got any rushing yards until right at the end of the game. They had absolutely no running game. . .Troy Smith who's always been booked as a dual threat QB didn't run for jack the entire night either. The only thing they did was throw to their receivers who were wide open because our brand new DB's in Foster/Palmer had no clue what was going on. That was painfully obvious the entire game.

We played like crap on offense and made some HUGE mistakes and STILL the game was close the entire way until the end.

We'll win out, go 11-1 or w/e and we STILL might end up in the championship game considering that 5-6 out of the 7 teams above us play each other before the season ends. :clap:

eagles_victory
09-10-2006, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AggieJohn
[B]1. Mack Brown turned back to "Can't win the big ones"

He won " The Grandaddy of them all" two years in a row I know football is a what have you done for me lately bussiness but good lord. Here come the critics he cant win the big one without Vince load of crap i think

DDBooger
09-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

He won " The Grandaddy of them all" two years in a row I know football is a what have you done for me lately bussiness but good lord. Here come the critics he cant win the big one without Vince load of crap i think most people saying that are people following teams that UT beats and no longer considers big games.

PHS Wildcats
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

He won " The Grandaddy of them all" two years in a row I know football is a what have you done for me lately bussiness but good lord. Here come the critics he cant win the big one without Vince load of crap i think

Couldn't have said it better myself.

AggieJohn
09-10-2006, 06:17 PM
before you guys try to axe me out of the group, let me explain some things........

1. I did not say that I think Texas is worse than A&M
2. I did not make mention that I thought that this was the true showing of the longhorns.
3. I do realize that A&M schedule is less than amazing
4. I project that Texas still makes a BCS game this year, but not the MNC.
5. My opinions on this game were not based on my love for the aggies.
6. I still think a&m loses to texas this year, but i think we are closing in on the gap.
7. Yes Fran is on the hot seat, however, the schedule being easy was not entirely his doing. We had a lot of teams pull out last minute that we had to fill a void for.
8. Texas will have to have McCoy develop more, and he could lead to 2-3 possible losses if he doesn't develop
9. OU still sucks
10. Mack will have to get Davis to be more open

Cameron Crazy
09-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Ohio State just couldnt be stoped!!

PHS Wildcats
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Ohio State just couldnt be stoped!!

plain and simple, they had a almost perfect game plan, but I still think the horns have a shot, long one, but I could see it happening, there's still a ton of football left in the season.

Emerson1
09-10-2006, 06:43 PM
McCoy needs to run it more, he has enough speed to get the first with an open field. So many times the entire OSU defense would crash on the run and McCoy could of pulled the handoff away and ran with it.

DDBooger
09-10-2006, 06:44 PM
before you guys try to axe me out of the group, let me explain some things........

1. I did not say that I think Texas is worse than A&M
2. I did not make mention that I thought that this was the true showing of the longhorns.
3. I do realize that A&M schedule is less than amazing
4. I project that Texas still makes a BCS game this year, but not the MNC.
5. My opinions on this game were not based on my love for the aggies.
6. I still think a&m loses to texas this year, but i think we are closing in on the gap.
7. Yes Fran is on the hot seat, however, the schedule being easy was not entirely his doing. We had a lot of teams pull out last minute that we had to fill a void for.
8. Texas will have to have McCoy develop more, and he could lead to 2-3 possible losses if he doesn't develop
9. OU still sucks
10. Mack will have to get Davis to be more open regarding #1, my comments weren't directed at you but at someone who thinks javorskie will tear up UT based on their performance against the #1 team in the land.

IHStangFan
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
heres my take....

Ohio State was a better team yesterday and played a better game....period.

DDBooger
09-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
heres my take....

Ohio State was a better team yesterday and played a better game....period. i love UT but thats the fairest assertion so far! :)

Eagle 1
09-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Nothing against Colt, but I think this sums it up.

I think Division 2 would best suit him. The leap from a 2A school to a Division 1 program may have been to far.
He is a good kid and a pretty good qb, good luck.

KTA
09-10-2006, 06:55 PM
If JC gets the same touches Selvin got (play calling wise) thats a big difference. Why are you not playing your best rb more? Sure Selvin did good, but Charles turns those 10 yard gains to 20+ yard gains. That and the play calling was horrible, Greg Davis doesnt have VY to bail his ass out now.

AggieJohn
09-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
regarding #1, my comments weren't directed at you but at someone who thinks javorskie will tear up UT based on their performance against the #1 team in the land. javorskie will rip your heart out....you are now on his list....

AggieJohn
09-10-2006, 07:00 PM
http://www.aggieathletics.com/images/2005headlines/full/lane-jorvorskie-ull06.jpg
that's a whole lot of man

DDBooger
09-10-2006, 07:00 PM
javorskie will rip your heart out....you are now on his list.... hahahaha only thing javorskie will rip out is a hotpocket that guy isn't gonna do anything to UT or me!

bulldogman06
09-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Hahaha, The Lane Train knows your name! lock your doors tonight

DDBooger
09-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Hahaha, The Lane Train knows your name! lock your doors tonight the lane train stops in ATX so im safe! ;)