PDA

View Full Version : Coach has some work to do in Snyder

Technoredneck
09-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Well, it looks like after 2 weeks that we have seen what the Snyder Tigers have to offer this year.

As an open impression of a true fan these are my observations:

Offense:

While the Running backs are doing a great job the QB position does not seem to be settled just yet. In week 1 we were offered a taste of a "QB Controversy" and I have to admit it seemed to have created a spark on the team. While Coach may have planned to use it as just a fire starter, it might bode well to delved deeper into those posibilities. I am not yet impressed by the offensive line, who seem to be undersized and not yet able to move opposing defenders out for the running backs or provided enough pass protection to allow the pass routes to develope. Hopefully Coach will find the necessary tools to correct these weaknesses and the Tigers will amake a long season out of this year.

Defense:

Once again, the overall theme seems to be undersized. While Coach does have some "Large" players on the roster they don't seem to get on the turf to help their teammates. I don't know any of the defense backfield personally so I don't know their class but they seem young or maybe just inexperienced. They seem to have the speed to play with all of the receivers we have seen but lack the skill to "play the ball" when the time comes even though they have managed a few interception. They should have at least 8 interceptions by now.

Remember these are just the ramblings on a fan. Who, win, lose or draw will be in the stands at every game cheering the Tigers on to victory.

Tech
(sig to come)

Snyder_TigerFan
09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Good insight Tech and welcome to the board. The good thing is that they showed improvment on offense. Take away a few of the stupid penalties and I think we might have put a few more points on the board. I'm confident that the coaches will make the necessary adjustments and Snyder will continue to improve. 0-2 should light some fires.

Technoredneck
09-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I agree 0-2 should be plenty of fuel to get the fires burning.

DaHop72
09-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Well, it looks like after 2 weeks that we have seen what the Snyder Tigers have to offer this year.

Offense:

While the Running backs are doing a great job the QB position does not seem to be settled just yet. In week 1 we were offered a taste of a "QB Controversy" and I have to admit it seemed to have created a spark on the team. While Coach may have planned to use it as just a fire starter, it might bode well to delved deeper into those posibilities. I am not yet impressed by the offensive line, who seem to be undersized and not yet able to move opposing defenders out for the running backs or provided enough pass protection to allow the pass routes to develope. Hopefully Coach will find the necessary tools to correct these weaknesses and the Tigers will amake a long season out of this year.

Defense:

Once again, the overall theme seems to be undersized. While Coach does have some "Large" players on the roster they don't seem to get on the turf to help their teammates. I don't know any of the defense backfield personally so I don't know their class but they seem young or maybe just inexperienced. They seem to have the speed to play with all of the receivers we have seen but lack the skill to "play the ball" when the time comes even though they have managed a few interception. They should have at least 8 interceptions by now.

Remember these are just the ramblings on a fan. Who, win, lose or draw will be in the stands at every game cheering the Tigers on to victory.

Tech
(sig to come) I have to agree that the offense needs to start doing a better job in the passing game. Seemed like everytime we got something going we would shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties.

On defense we need to wrap up better, we seem to be letting the ball carrier get away due to arm tackling. It also seems as though we want to face shield the receiver instead of looking back for the ball.

Despite what we see a fans, I think the boys made vast improvements from 0 week to week 1 and I believe that as a lot of the guys settle into their new postitons that we will be ready when district rolls around. Polls are for the fans, playoffs are for the players.

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I have to agree that the offense needs to start doing a better job in the passing game. Seemed like everytime we got something going we would shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties.

On defense we need to wrap up better, we seem to be letting the ball carrier get away due to arm tackling. It also seems as though we want to face shield the receiver instead of looking back for the ball.

Despite what we see a fans, I think the boys made vast improvements from 0 week to week 1 and I believe that as a lot of the guys settle into their new postitons that we will be ready when district rolls around. Polls are for the fans, playoffs are for the players.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_2_92.gif

stateboundWR#5
09-11-2006, 02:09 AM
i think they also need to go back and BELIEVE in each other... football is a team game the coach being part of the team as well, you have to believe in the player next to you and know that he is gonna make the play just like the coach needs to believe in the other players as well. COACHES BELIEVE IN COACHES, PLAYERS BELIEVE IN PLAYERS, COACHES BELIEVE IN PLAYERS, PLAYERS BELIEVE IN COACHES, OFFENSE BELIEVE IN THE DEFENSE, AND THE DEFENSE NEEDS TO BELIEVE IN THE OFFENSE! less negative chatter and more positive coaching the way it used to be

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by stateboundWR#5
i think they also need to go back and BELIEVE in each other... football is a team game the coach being part of the team as well, you have to believe in the player next to you ...

Good point. However that belief must be earned, it is not just there, or else it is false belief. The Tigers have shown improvement each week and I expect more improvement to come but at some point the team has to find itself, discover who it really is, discover who its leaders are and who its followers and learn to use their strenghts. Sometimes coaches get blinded by what they want to happen instead of by what is happening and a good team will have a mediocre season. Hopefully the Tigers will get it on track and get the win this week.

Tech

STANG RED
09-11-2006, 08:22 AM
So where is Blackie & Str?
:thinking:
Just typical fair weather fans I guess.

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
So where is Blackie & Str?
:thinking:
Just typical fair weather fans I guess.

Blackie doesn't post anymore, he changed his nationality and str god only knows... :D

Black_Magic
09-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I have Vowed to my self that I would not comment on posts from people about Snyder who Clearly have no clue what they are talkning about... Quietly reading and sometimes laughing. Thinking how stupid some comments will look weeks from now and wondering howmany will want back on the bandwagon at that point.;)

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I have Vowed to my self that I would not comment on posts from people about Snyder who Clearly have no clue what they are talkning about... Quietly reading and sometimes laughing. Thinking how stupid some comments will look weeks from now and wondering howmany will want back on the bandwagon at that point.;)

Glad to here from ya! Just haven't seen you in awhile I thought you might have gotten lost...:D

Curly
09-11-2006, 11:19 AM
i think they also need to go back and BELIEVE in each other... football is a team game the coach being part of the team as well, you have to believe in the player next to you and know that he is gonna make the play just like the coach needs to believe in the other players as well. COACHES BELIEVE IN COACHES, PLAYERS BELIEVE IN PLAYERS, COACHES BELIEVE IN PLAYERS, PLAYERS BELIEVE IN COACHES, OFFENSE BELIEVE IN THE DEFENSE, AND THE DEFENSE NEEDS TO BELIEVE IN THE OFFENSE! less negative chatter and more positive coaching the way it used to be

WOW statebound
you seem to be saying that the Snyder team has some major problems to deal with, hope that they get it all behind them before this weeks game
how good is Marlin???

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 11:39 AM

Oh please share your great insight with us.

And I don't remember seeing any Snyder Tiger Fans jumping off of the Bandwagon.

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 12:21 PM
posts from people about Snyder who Clearly have no clue what they are talkning about... Thinking how stupid some comments will look weeks from now and wondering howmany will want back on the bandwagon at that point.;)

:confused: Would you care to elaborate on this...;)

EricDraven
09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
See where Tigers are come November. They just get better and better.

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
We know the Tigers will be there in November. I was merely making observations about where they are now. Trying to stimulate dialog. Trying to have conservation. Why is everyone here so scared to admit to the shortcoming that they see in their team. It does not mean you don't care or support your team or the program. It just means that you have a brain and can see through the propaganda and make an educated evaluation of the team based on the performance that you see on the field on gameday. Noone here has any right to question my pride in the Tigers or my support of the program here. But that does not change what I have witnessed these past 2 weeks, as I outlined in my original post in this thread.

Flameproof suit on, bring it on.

Born a Tiger, Raised a Tiger, and gonna Die a Tiger

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 12:56 PM

:confused: Just a question here, did something happen for you to post this??

EricDraven
09-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Understand. I'm just making an observation as well. Snyder will regroup and rebound. No flaming, just philosophizing.:D

stateboundWR#5
09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
you are right they need to find themselves... but there is alot of activity that is not needed takin place! and as far as im concerned not too many players are believing in themselves the player next to them or even the coaches for that matter, and the same goes for the coaches. those kids wouldnt be the starters if they couldnt handle the heat of the game and make the play, especially the ones returning from last year. believe in them. football is 60 percent mental and 40 percent physical, the mental side needs to be positive and helpful,and less negative! criticism is good putting players down bad. personally last week the tigers were out coached maybe this week coach rogers will turn this around!

stateboundWR#5
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
no nothing happened but as a player of the past i have been thru this exact program and i know what it is like... personally i like the staff in snyder coach rogers is an awesome guy but now as i watch from the outside i was just offering a positive option for some consideration. personally i think the whole team needs to be closer as a family. like i said earlier, they all need to believe in each other alot more. that includes everyone from coaches and players to the trainer to the managers and the waterboy

Johnny Moxen
09-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Good points made Technoredneck. Since when do we all have to be PC? All you did was make observations from your prespective. Never once did I read any type of "team bashing" within your post.

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the good word, I was beginning to think I was mis-typing my posts. :D :D

Snydertigersrul
09-11-2006, 05:37 PM

I didn't go away either. Unlike most people on here, I do have a life outside of the download. Don't count the Tigers out yet? Like most teams, they have areas which need improvement, but they will go back to the playoffs and make noise in the postseason. They are playing a murder's row non-district schedule because no one would play them after they beat up on them for the past two years. Marlin will be a good test for the Tigers and a tougher opponent than Monahans and Hereford. Win or loss Friday night, they still will get to the playoffs. The district looks like a battle between the Tigers and Greenwood.

Bubba-Joe
09-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I didn't go away either. Unlike most people on here, I do have a life outside of the download. Don't count the Tigers out yet? Like most teams, they have areas which need improvement, but they will go back to the playoffs and make noise in the postseason. They are playing a murder's row non-district schedule because no one would play them after they beat up on them for the past two years. Marlin will be a good test for the Tigers and a tougher opponent than Monahans and Hereford. Win or loss Friday night, they still will get to the playoffs. The district looks like a battle between the Tigers and Greenwood.

With malice towards none of the Snyder fans (including you Black Magic but especially you Da Hop)-Witchy Woman and others, Bubba just got to speak up about this deal...

Okay now ole Bubba Joe just can't let this post go, don't shoot the messenger - but STR you ----well man you are sure makin some bold statements here....

1. Lets see Murder's row cause no one would play them--cause they BEAT UP ON EM for the past TWO years- hum Sweetwater (from what ole Bubba heard was willing to play the tigers) but that is an old argument... lets move ahead

2. Marlin is a TOUGHER OPPENENT than Monahans & Hereford???
uh Monahans has beaten the Tigers the last two times they have meet up-- and Hereford beat the tigers at the beloved Tiger Field
not a statement with a lot of wisdom...

3. I guess that Andrews is just going to lay down for the tigers this year??? again how wise of a statement is this coming from a team that has yet to win this season?

Hey I aint saying much this season either-( kinda like my ole pal Blackie) but hell you done and went and got stupid in this post and son that is hard to ignore

I know I will probable not be believed but really -----

Best of luck to the Tigers this year- man do I hope they get the ship back on course - nothing better than a couple of West Texas Teams playin for a chance to go to the Semi's --- but dang gum it son don't go writin checks with your mouth that somebody else has to cash

Snydertigersrul
09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Okay now ole Bubba Joe just can't let this post go, don't shoot the messenger - but STR you ----well man you are sure makin some bold statements here....

1. Lets see Murder's row cause no one would play them--cause they BEAT UP ON EM for the past TWO years- hum Sweetwater (from what ole Bubba heard was willing to play the tigers) but that is an old argument... lets move ahead

uh Monahans has beaten the last two times they have meet up-- and Hereford beat the tigers at the beloved Tiger Field

3. I guess that Andrews is just going to lay down for the tigers this year??? again how wise of a statement is this coming from a team that has yet to win this season?

Hey I aint saying much this season either-( kinda like my ole pal Blackie) but son you done and went stupid in this post and son that is hard to ignore
Best of luck to the Tigers this year- man do I hope they get the ship back on course - nothing better than a couple of West Texas Teams playin for a chance to go to the Semi's ---but dang gum it son don't go writin checks with your mouth that somebody else has to cash

I know for a fact that Lake View, Levelland and Merkel turned them down. Sweetwater offered to play on a date which already had been taken on the schedule. Estacado only agreed to play when they couldn't find another team to play. Of course, Lake view, Levelland and Merkal turned down Sweetwater also. Andrews lost to a private school and struggled against Pecos before pulling away in the second half. You need to check the strength of schedule. Sweetwater toughen up its schedule also and won big games already. Greenwood and Snyder are the two best teams in 3-3A without question. Snyder shut out Andrews last year and I don't believe their JV or freshman scored against them either. Enjoy sitting in the cheap seats, while I look from above.

Bubba-Joe
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
so if Marlin beats Snyder- and you are the one that said Marlin is tougher than either Hereford or Monahans....
Snyder will have been beaten by a 2A team that is better than a 3A team that went to round 4 last season and a 4A team from the panhandle???????

WOW

and you have already discounted any chance that Andrews can beat the Tigers????????????

Well lets just go ahead and set the site for the first round of the playoffs

lookin to your crystal ball STR and tell us all
who do the Tigers play in the first round ???????

are they wearing green????
that has to be a lovely sight

and since we brought Sweetwater into the mix-- Like I said Bubba only heard the Mustangs wanted to play Snyder--why the two West Texas Rivals aint playin who knows again its and old argument but,
Yes - The Mustangs have beaten 2 good 4A teams this year....

but what does who Sweetwater has played or what Sweetwater's record is have to with your statements about the state of Affairs in Snyder Texas?????

Snyder_TigerFan
09-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Enjoy sitting in the cheap seats, while I look from above.

I'm not worthy....http://discussion.treocentral.com/images/smilies/bow.gif

Snydertigersrul
09-11-2006, 06:49 PM
so if Marlin beats Snyder- and you are the one that said Marlin is tougher than either Hereford or Monahans....
Snyder will have been beaten by a 2A team that is better than a 3A team that went to round 4 last season and a 4A team from the panhandle???????

WOW

and you have already discounted any chance that Andrews can beat the Tigers????????????

Well lets just go ahead and set the site for the first round of the playoffs

lookin to your crystal ball STR and tell us all
who do the Tigers play in the first round ???????

are they wearing green????
that has to be a lovely sight

and since we brought Sweetwater into the mix-- Like I said Bubba only heard the Mustangs wanted to play Snyder--why the two West Texas Rivals aint playin who knows again its and old argument but,
Yes - The Mustangs have beaten 2 good 4A teams this year....

but what does who Sweetwater has played or what Sweetwater's record is have to with your statements about the state of Affairs in Snyder Texas?????

You need to go and check the UIL bracket, Monahans and Snyder would not play until the second round.

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I do have a life outside of the download.

I'm sorry I just had to point it out one more time... :D...download...:D...its a down low...:doh:

formermbcouns
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
I just hope that the Snyder coach doesnt get everything worked out before they play Marlin...lol.

Offense:

Defense:

Tech
(sig to come)

HAN SING
09-12-2006, 01:26 PM
HAN SING Think people give up or too impatient on Snyder. HAN SING hear in bakery today that Snyder only have 2 Sr. Starting on Offence and 5 Starting on Defense. Student may not be ready to snatch pebble from masters hand yet. Still many game to go. Han think Snyder end up in 3rd or 4th round anyway.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Still many game to go. Han think Snyder end up in 3rd or 4th round anyway.

Very wise man, this Han Sing.:D

Bullaholic
09-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Very wise man, this Han Sing.:D

Yes, and if "Mr. Hoss" finds out that Han Sing is "singing" the praises of Snyder---it won't be his "pigtail" that gets cut off. :D

HAN SING
09-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Not True! Hoss Like Snyder. Little Joe not care much for Snyder. Hoss and Little Joe not agree on anything since Hoss knock up Little Joe girlfriend.

Bullaholic
09-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Not True! Hoss Like Snyder. Little Joe not care much for Snyder. Hoss and Little Joe not agree on anything since Hoss knock up Little Joe girlfriend.

lol. :clap:

STANG RED
09-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Enjoy sitting in the cheap seats, while I look from above.

You keep saying this, like it's supposed to impress people. Do you really think anyone is impressed by this? Think again!

Snydertigersrul
09-12-2006, 02:25 PM
You keep saying this, like it's supposed to impress people. Do you really think anyone is impressed by this? Think again!

If you ever go to a Longhorn game, look up and you might catch a glimpse of me if you are lucky.

STANG RED
09-12-2006, 02:37 PM
If you ever go to a Longhorn game, look up and you might catch a glimpse of me if you are lucky.

Then I'll be sure and keep my eyes on the field, where I might actually see something impressive. Unless your saying your God or something. ARE YOU GOD??? OMG, I'm so sorry to have questioned you! Please forgive me!!!

Curly
09-12-2006, 02:39 PM

Ghezz what are you like 9 years old

ohhhh I get to sit in the press box cause I are sportswriter in Snyder
ohhhh everyone wants to be me..........

Snydertigersrul
09-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Then I'll be sure and keep my eyes on the field, where I might actually see something impressive. Unless your saying your God or something. ARE YOU GOD??? OMG, I'm so sorry to have questioned you! Please forgive me!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
09-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Well, this thread went to crap. Leave it to STR to turn things to crap.

WestTexasTiger
09-12-2006, 02:52 PM
With malice towards none of the Snyder fans (including you Black Magic but especially you Da Hop)-Witchy Woman and others, Bubba just got to speak up about this deal...

uh Monahans has beaten the Tigers the last two times they have meet up-- and Hereford beat the tigers at the beloved Tiger Field

Hey I aint saying much this season either-( kinda like my ole pal Blackie) but hell you done and went and got stupid in this post and son that is hard to ignore

I know I will probable not be believed but really -----

Best of luck to the Tigers this year- man do I hope they get the ship back on course - nothing better than a couple of West Texas Teams playin for a chance to go to the Semi's --- but dang gum it son don't go writin checks with your mouth that somebody else has to cash

I would agree with Bubba on this

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
That's true, anybody wanna guess what Snyder Coach Hoss Played College Ball with? Past Coach, not current.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-12-2006, 03:13 PM
That's true, anybody wanna guess what Snyder Coach Hoss Played College Ball with? Past Coach, not current.

This is getting deep, and I'm getting confused!:) But I'd love to hear the answer anyway!

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 03:14 PM
I'll post the answer in a few days

Tiger Baseball
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
What was the name of that blimp that was flying above the Longhorn game on Saturday...:thinking:

DaHop72
09-12-2006, 04:43 PM
That's true, anybody wanna guess what Snyder Coach Hoss Played College Ball with? Past Coach, not current. Mo????

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 04:45 PM
nope

Technoredneck
09-12-2006, 04:49 PM
see y'all later gone to the shack

ThE_OnE_lObOe
09-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I didn't go away either. Unlike most people on here, I do have a life outside of the download. Don't count the Tigers out yet? Like most teams, they have areas which need improvement, but they will go back to the playoffs and make noise in the postseason. They are playing a murder's row non-district schedule because no one would play them after they beat up on them for the past two years. Marlin will be a good test for the Tigers and a tougher opponent than Monahans and Hereford. Win or loss Friday night, they still will get to the playoffs. The district looks like a battle between the Tigers and Greenwood. I beleive that 3-3A isn't gonna be between greenwood and snyder i think its gonna be a battle for second because greenwood is stout and are improving every week i don't see a team in that district that could take greenwood on a decent night for greenwood now i'm not sayin there couldn't be upsets but if Greenwood is clickin i don't think so, and this is from a non bias observer because i have no love loss for either team

Snydertigersrul
09-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ThE_OnE_lObOe
I beleive that 3-3A isn't gonna be between greenwood and snyder i think its gonna be a battle for second because greenwood is stout and are improving every week i don't see a team in that district that could take greenwood on a decent night for greenwood now i'm not sayin there couldn't be upsets but if Greenwood is clickin i don't think so, and this is from a non bias observer because i have no love loss for either team

Greenwood has played well, but they beat an average team in Graham and not a very good team in Crane. But I do agree that they are hot team right now. Butyou have to remember that Snyder played Monahans, a regional finalists last year in the first game, and a 4A team in Hereford who won their district last year and favored this year and who lost to Frenship in last year's playoff. Not knocking Andrews, they lost to Midland Christian and then beat Pecos.
Please RM, don't get mad at me, I'm not knocking Greenwood, just telling it how it is.

DaHop72
09-14-2006, 11:09 AM
That's true, anybody wanna guess what Snyder Coach Hoss Played College Ball with? Past Coach, not current. Wayne Tyrone??

DaHop72
09-14-2006, 11:10 AM
That's true, anybody wanna guess what Snyder Coach Hoss Played College Ball with? Past Coach, not current. .

Snyder_TigerFan
09-16-2006, 12:25 AM
We might need to bring this thread back up, since it appears they still have some work to do.:) I didn't see much improvment over last week. In fact, it almost looked like a replay of last week. We had very stupid and costly penalties. The offensive line did not do a very good job of blocking or providing protection.

Marlin's QB looked very sharp. Everytime he went back to pass, I got worried. Their backfield was quick as well. If they break a tackle or two, look out! Congrats to Marlin a good game. Look out 2A.

However, to our defense, the teams that we've played are a combined 7-1. This can only make us better (I hope), and we still have alot of time before district. We're gonna need it.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2006, 01:20 AM
Greenwood has played well, but they beat an average team in Graham and not a very good team in Crane. But I do agree that they are hot team right now. Butyou have to remember that Snyder played Monahans, a regional finalists last year in the first game, and a 4A team in Hereford who won their district last year and favored this year and who lost to Frenship in last year's playoff. Not knocking Andrews, they lost to Midland Christian and then beat Pecos.
Please RM, don't get mad at me, I'm not knocking Greenwood, just telling it how it is.

How can I get mad at you for having an opinion?? I don't claim to know a lot about football...I thought Graham was a good team myself, and Crane would have been lots better had their QB not got hurt (they won 28-0 tonight by the way).

All I can go by is previous scores:

Week 0- Hereford 46 Estacado 32
Week 1- Hereford 33 Snyder 29
Week 3- Greenwood 35 - Estacado 8

Technoredneck
09-19-2006, 08:56 AM
We might need to bring this thread back up, since it appears they still have some work to do.:) I didn't see much improvment over last week. In fact, it almost looked like a replay of last week. We had very stupid and costly penalties. The offensive line did not do a very good job of blocking or providing protection.

Marlin's QB looked very sharp. Everytime he went back to pass, I got worried. Their backfield was quick as well. If they break a tackle or two, look out! Congrats to Marlin a good game. Look out 2A.

However, to our defense, the teams that we've played are a combined 7-1. This can only make us better (I hope), and we still have alot of time before district. We're gonna need it.
I disagree about the level of improvement. I think the O-line blocked better, I thought the backs ran harder. I felt like the D-line stopped a lot more of the inside runs.

Now they do need to get over those DUMB penalties (cost us 10 points) and we have to quit throwing the ball up for grabs into triple coverage. Defensively, gotta start getting pressure on the passer or cover the receivers, several times we have done neither and it has cost us a TD or 2.

I think the progress is on track for the District timeframe and I believe the Tigers will be OK and should go deep into the playoffs.

Tech

sweetwater07
09-19-2006, 10:16 AM
i think i'll just talk mess about snyder ...how bad they suck etc. and maybe it will get the old district rivals into gear.....:D :D

SideBurnWillie
09-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Is that HC from New Mexico?

BMOC
09-19-2006, 10:33 AM

Sounds just like a FAIR WEATHER FAN. I said it before, and I will say it again. That is a heck of a staff with a heck of a team playin' a heck of a schedule. When it comes to crunch time, them boys will be ready, they always are. We learned that lesson two years in a row.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
Sounds just like a FAIR WEATHER FAN. I said it before, and I will say it again. That is a heck of a staff with a heck of a team playin' a heck of a schedule. When it comes to crunch time, them boys will be ready, they always are. We learned that lesson two years in a row.

What did I say that makes me a "fair weather fan"? I'm just calling it the way I see it. I'll be a fan win or lose. I stated that we are playing some tough teams, and that will make us better. We WILL make the playoffs, and my gut feeling is that we will do pretty good. We're off to a rough start, and that was to be expected with the positions that had to be filled. We're 0-3, but we could have very easily won those 3 games.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
Is that HC from New Mexico?

Yes, he is.

SideBurnWillie
09-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Yes, he is.

I thought so. Being this far west and this close to New Mexico that name sounded familar. Dang it I might as well be in NM.

Stownhorse
09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Who does snyder play this week?

Snydertigersrul
09-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Amarillo Palo Duro, who is 1-2, winning last week in two overtimes against Clovis, N.M., at homecoming.

Mrs. Priss
09-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

At this point, does it really matter?

Mrs. Priss
09-19-2006, 12:21 PM
really

mrescape43
09-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Priss
really

The Chief in still another reincarnation maybe?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tuff26
10-28-2006, 02:45 PM
TTT

IronMustang
10-28-2006, 03:18 PM

i'll jump back on the bandwagon at that point..ride it all the way to Snyder b-ball courts....;)

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by IronMustang
i'll jump back on the bandwagon at that point..ride it all the way to Snyder b-ball courts....;)

Which team is on a 5-game winning streak and holds first place in their district. It's not the might Mustangs who could not even hold Wylie off with a 10-point halftime lead.

TIGERS RULE-

tigerbyheart
10-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Which team is on a 5-game winning streak and holds first place in their district. It's not the might Mustangs who could not even hold Wylie off with a 10-point halftime lead.

TIGERS RULE- :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
:D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks and good to meet you last night at halftime.

wildstangs
10-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I gave Snyder props for winning (Heck, I said all week they would) but for you guys cant compare yalls win over Greenwood to our loss against Wylie isnt right.....Your comparing apples and orangers here.

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I gave Snyder props for winning (Heck, I said all week they would) but for you guys cant compare yalls win over Greenwood to our loss against Wylie isnt right.....Your comparing apples and orangers here.

Snyder didn't blow a halftime lead. What was the score at halftime (SWEETWATER 17, WYLIE 7)? I would be nervous too if I was a Mustang fan after losses to Decatur and Wylie. Maybe Sweetwater needs to start working on not fumbling in practice and learn how to catch kickoffs.

wildstangs
10-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Snyder didn't blow a halftime lead. What was the score at halftime (SWEETWATER 17, WYLIE 7)? I would be nervous too if I was a Mustang fan after losses to Decatur and Wylie. Maybe Sweetwater needs to start working on not fumbling in practice and learn how to catch kickoffs.

Sweetwater will be just fine....you have predicted a Sweetwater loss for probably 75% of their games this year...sooner or later you were bound to hit one. Your a reporter, so you can read the facts and understand that Sweetwater was given a couple of gifts and were very fortunate to be leading at the half by that much. Sweetwater will be fine, how about we see who goes further in the playoffs, and then decide who the better team is?

tuff26
10-28-2006, 10:05 PM
The mustangs will be just fine and good luck to them. Weird things happen between Wylie - Sweetwater - Wylie - Snyder - Sweetwater etc. It was a great game everytime I thought the momentum would change then change again

WTF-82
10-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Snyder fan's need to settle down you won a couple of games.

But Canyon is struggling not near as good as they have been the past 2 season's. The Greenwood win good win but we really dont know how good the Rangers are they are better than last year but speed killed them lots last year against Sweetwater and Monahans and looks like the first time they saw speed this season and killed them again.

no offense Ranger fans I do think yall are dangerous team against anybody just pointing out some weaknesses.

tigerbyheart
10-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by ***-82

But Canyon is struggling not near as good as they have been the past 2 season's. The Greenwood win good win but we really dont know how good the Rangers are they are better than last year but speed killed them lots last year against Sweetwater and Monahans and looks like the first time they saw speed this season and killed them again.

no offense Ranger fans I do think yall are dangerous team against anybody just pointing out some weaknesses.

According to certain mustang fans, Wylie was not near as good and also struggling.... What does that say for Sweetwater? :thinking:

WTF-82
10-28-2006, 11:02 PM
You are right my point many teams still with lots of question marks.

Sweetwater we know they can run but not nearlly the good defense they had last season.

Snyder getting better still defense and balanced offense a ?

Greenwood ? It is hard to tell saw them struggle against a weak Lakeview and against an average Seminole team.

Monahans ? still QB questions

Wylie now this team is much better and will continue to get better.

These are just some of the future playoff teams I am familiar with.

tuff26
10-29-2006, 12:15 AM
You are right my point many teams still with lots of question marks.

Sweetwater we know they can run but not nearlly the good defense they had last season.

Snyder getting better still defense and balanced offense a ?

Greenwood ? It is hard to tell saw them struggle against a weak Lakeview and against an average Seminole team.

Monahans ? still QB questions

Wylie now this team is much better and will continue to get better.

These are just some of the future playoff teams I am familiar with.

I have to agree there is still alot of Football to be played.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2006, 12:25 AM

None taken....but I don't think Snyder speed is what killed us (not taking anything away from Snyder here)....but we hurt ourselves plenty with our own mistakes.

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2006, 05:05 AM
Sweetwater will be just fine....you have predicted a Sweetwater loss for probably 75% of their games this year...sooner or later you were bound to hit one. Your a reporter, so you can read the facts and understand that Sweetwater was given a couple of gifts and were very fortunate to be leading at the half by that much. Sweetwater will be fine, how about we see who goes further in the playoffs, and then decide who the better team is?

Losers tend to always make excuses why they win. What team has won FIVE games in a row and stand in FIRST place in their district. What you do in track doesn't MEAN anything on the football fiield. If Wylie was not that good as most Sweetwater fans were claiming, how did they beat those mighty Mustangs. Wylie manhanlded them just like Decatur did.

SideBurnWillie
10-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
None taken....but I don't think Snyder speed is what killed us (not taking anything away from Snyder here)....but we hurt ourselves plenty with our own mistakes.

This was written by a Midland sports writer! Sports Writers are never wrong! ;)

10/28/2006
Snyder's speed too much for Rangers
Oscar Leroy<br>Sports Writer
Midland Reporter-Telegram

The Greenwood football team rolled through the first seven games of its season, but it hadn't face speed like Snyder's.

And that may have cost the Rangers on Friday night.

Advertisement

Using its quickness on defense, Snyder corralled the Rangers to just 72 yards rushing and forced three turnovers in a 27-17 victory at J.M. King Memorial Stadium.

With the loss, the Rangers (7-1 overall) drop from the ranks of the unbeaten, but more importantly, fall in their District 3-3A opener.

"We just couldn't move the ball and Snyder's defense played really well," Greenwood coach Steve Taylor said. "They had a lot of guys stacked up in there and have a lot of kids that can run. They used their quickness against our size and quickness won out quite a bit. We hadn't faced a defense that quick all year."

With the Tigers (5-3, 1-0 in district) keying on stopping the Ranger rushing attack, Greenwood was forced to pass behind quarterback Michael Washington. The senior had some success with 10 completions for 135 yards, but was also picked off twice, including once late in the fourth quarter that was returned 85 yards by Dillon Matthies for a score.

Washington, who was hobbled by a sprained ankle in the fourth, also didn't have much success running the ball as he was held to 55 yards on 17 carries.

"Snyder contained him pretty well," Taylor said of Washington. "Those three linebackers they did a good job of not letting him get away."

Snyder coach Chad Rogers said he was proud of the way his defense played.

"The kids just studied a lot of film and the defensive coaches had a great game plan," Rogers said. "I didn't know how many rushing yards Greenwood had, but I know they didn't have nearly as many as they normally do."

It was a good start to the game for Greenwood as the Rangers went on an nine-play drive on their first possession that culminated in a 30-yard field goal by Aaron Brooks for a 3-0 lead.

Snyder got on the board early in the second after a misplayed shotgun snap pinned the Rangers deep in their own territory. A 34-yard punt return by Ryan Claxton set up Snyder at the Greenwood 7. Three plays later, Chase Arrendale punched it in from three yards out to give the Tigers a 6-3 advantage.

Greenwood's offensive woes continued in the second as a low snap resulted in a lost fumble for the Rangers and the ball for Snyder at the Greenwood 45-yard line. Nine plays later, the Tigers cashed in on the Greenwood miscue when Blaine Knipe scored on a 1-yard plunge to give Snyder a 13-3 lead at the half.

A fumble by Snyder gave the Rangers some life in the third quarter as Washington scored on a 2-yard run to cut Snyder's lead to 13-10.

Greenwood appeared to have the momentum at that point but Snyder answered with the most important drive of the game two possessions later. Behind a lateral pitch from Lance Day to Ryan Claxton to gain 12 yards on a third-and-8, the Tigers marched 57 yards, culminating with a 5-yard run by Arrendale to give Snyder a 20-10 lead with 3:10 remaining in the game.

"I thought if we could get the ball back, we would have a chance to win the game," Taylor said. "They did a good job of keeping the ball and making key third downs."

Added Rogers, "I thought we were stalling and we challenged them on the sidelines. I thought we responded well. Kids that we count on to make plays made the plays."

Snyder 27, Greenwood 17

Snyder 0 13 0 14 --27

Greenwood 3 0 7 7 --17

First Quarter

GRE -- FG Aaron Brooks 30, 6:30

Second Quarter

SNY -- Chase Arrendale 3 run (kick failed), 10:26

SNY -- Blaine Knipe 1 run (Lance Day kick), 4:06

Third Quarter

GRE -- Michael Washington 2 run (Brooks kick), 1:31

Fourth Quarter

SNY -- Arrendale 5 run (Day kick), 3:10

SNY -- Blake Matthies 85 interception return (Day kick), 1:44

GRE -- Blake McColloch 1 pass from Washington (Brooks kick), 0:13

SNY GRE

First Downs 12 14

Rushes-Yards 46-169 34-72

Yards Passing 40 135

Comp.-Att.-Int. 3-7-0 10-22-2

Punts-Avg. 3-32.3 4-36.5

Fumbles-Lost 3-1 2-1

Penalties-Yds. 6-56 1-15

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING -- Snyder, Chase Arrendale 12-42, Lance Day 12-54, Joe Carrizales 4-9, Blaine Knipe 6-12, Ryan Claxton 1-17. Greenwood, Michael Washington 17-55, Bryce Williams 5-20, Lane Flowers 8-20, Aaron Brooks 1-3, Chad Caver 1-(-1), Willie Dains 1-0, Team 1-(-13).

PASSING -- Snyder, Day 2-6-0--21, Claxton 1-1-0--19. Greenwood, Washington 10-21-2--135, Blake McColloch 0-1-0--0.

RECEIVING -- Snyder, Cody Reed 1-19, Knipe 1-9, Claxton 1-12. Greenwood, Logan Bawcom 5-94, Brandon Herring 2-9, McColloch 2-19.

INTERCEPTIONS -- Snyder, Day 1-5, Dillon Matthies 1-85.

wildstangs
10-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Losers tend to always make excuses why they win. What team has won FIVE games in a row and stand in FIRST place in their district. What you do in track doesn't MEAN anything on the football fiield. If Wylie was not that good as most Sweetwater fans were claiming, how did they beat those mighty Mustangs. Wylie manhanlded them just like Decatur did.

Most Sweetwater fans never said Wylie wasn't good. I know your not near as dumb as you act, so you can't actually believe that Snyder's district is comparable to 7-3A. Whats your obsession with Sweetwater anyways? Get turned down for a job at the Sweetwater Reporter?

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Most Sweetwater fans never said Wylie wasn't good. I know your not near as dumb as you act, so you can't actually believe that Snyder's district is comparable to 7-3A. Whats your obsession with Sweetwater anyways? Get turned down for a job at the Sweetwater Reporter?

Why would I want to work there? I don't work for peanuts.

loboes86
10-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Losers tend to always make excuses why they win. What team has won FIVE games in a row and stand in FIRST place in their district. What you do in track doesn't MEAN anything on the football fiield. If Wylie was not that good as most Sweetwater fans were claiming, how did they beat those mighty Mustangs. Wylie manhanlded them just like Decatur did. I know this is a crazy maybe even a stupid statement, but aren't you tied with Andrews at this point in time for first in district 3-3a at 1 and 0 in district play? How many games your team has won or lost before district really doesn't count does it? Also a big portion of the undeafeted teams can lay claim to winning their last five games and are actually in first in their disrict. Have a nice day.:)

Ranger Mom
10-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Whats your obsession with Sweetwater anyways?

He grew up there, went to school there and now lives and works in Abilene.....isnt' it only normal that Sweetwater would be the team that he roots for??:confused: :confused:

Ranger Mom
10-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
This was written by a Midland sports writer! Sports Writers are never wrong! ;)

The Greenwood football team rolled through the first seven games of its season, but it hadn't face speed like Snyder's.

And that may have cost the Rangers on Friday night.

SEE?? Even the almighty sports writer isn't 100% sure!!:p :p :D

tuff26
10-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by loboes86
I know this is a crazy maybe even a stupid statement, but aren't you tied with Andrews at this point in time for first in district 3-3a at 1 and 0 in district play? How many games your team has won or lost before district really doesn't count does it? Also a big portion of the undeafeted teams can lay claim to winning their last five games and are actually in first in their disrict. Have a nice day.:)
You are so right all this talk is giving the other 2 teams bulletin board material and that is what some writers do when the do not take the same approach as the team they are covering does..

wildstangs
10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
He grew up there, went to school there and now lives and works in Abilene.....isnt' it only normal that Sweetwater would be the team that he roots for??:confused: :confused:

Huh?

Ranger Mom
10-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Huh?

Didn't you go to school in Sweetwater??

wildstangs
10-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Didn't you go to school in Sweetwater??

Yeah...but it was me that asked STR why he was so obsessed with Sweetwater.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah...but it was me that asked STR why he was so obsessed with Sweetwater.

OHHHH!!!!:doh: :doh:

Well don't I feel stupid now!!:p

DaHop72
11-15-2006, 09:56 PM
TTT

Looks like the coach did okay so far. :D

tuff26
11-25-2006, 03:14 AM
As Well

DaHop72
11-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72