PDA

View Full Version : Snyder vs. Hereford

Snyder_TigerFan
09-09-2006, 11:23 PM
I didn't see a thread about this game, so I thought I would start one. This was a game that Snyder should have won. They never trailed, and had the lead until about 2:00 left in the game. I give credit to Herefords QB, but we pretty much handed them the game with have 10 penatlies for 90 yards (several of which came on very good drives) and giving them the ball on our 40 with 1:50 or so left in the 4th. I can (somewhat) understand the decision to go for it on 4th (we hadn't had very many downs that didn't result in positive yards), but it was a huge chance. Also the pass play before that totally baffled me. We needed to run the clock.

I was pleased with the defensive line, the were in the back field ALOT. The Hereford QB was very good at scrambling and making the pass. I was also pleased to see our running game doing well. Clay is a junior and is having a good year so far. He's one to watch. According to the stats, Clay had 168yds on 17 carries. Great game.

On one hand, I'm upset that Snyder started the season 0-2, but on another I know that Snyder should have won this game, and they made some improvments. PENALTYS KILLED US!

Anyone have any opinions on the game?

wildstangs
09-09-2006, 11:26 PM
If they would have converted it would have been the smartest decision of the game. Tough non district schedule, and as long as Snyder gets out of it without any serious injuries, they will roll through the district, which is really the only important games prior to the playoffs.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
If they would have converted it would have been the smartest decision of the game. Tough non district schedule, and as long as Snyder gets out of it without any serious injuries, they will roll through the district, which is really the only important games prior to the playoffs.

Very true. Had we converted, we had the game wrapped up. Rogers likes to take chances, but that one cost us the game. We vastly improved from the first game, and that's what matters most.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-10-2006, 05:34 PM
ttt

loboes86
09-10-2006, 05:39 PM
The season still early maybe everything will line out and we'll see Snyder and Monahans going at it again this season. Be a heck of a game don't ya think?:thinking:

Technoredneck
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Nice analysis. Another example of the wonderful "PREVENT" defense played to perfection, and once again it prevented a team from protecting a lead. Hereford only has one ball carrier and he's the QB. Their receivers never outran the coverage, but they were able to make the catches when the ball got there. Snyder underutilized the deep ball and had receivers behind Hereford's defense many times. Snyder needs to make better adjustments to what the opponents are providing instead of being so set on proving that they can run their game plan. There is plaenty if time to get better, but I sure hope we see a lot more improvement this week.