PDA

View Full Version : Kansas football -- or lack thereof

lepfan
09-09-2006, 11:11 PM
....stinks! At least it does in the western portion of the state. Our team travels at least 2.5 hours for their away games...Friday night they went over 3 hours to play a game. The last game I went to they were all so proud of their 'cow bells' for noise makers. I had to laugh when I saw the little 2 inch bells...

We will probably only make one game this year...Friday night is homecoming and my daughter was chose for the Soph. Attendant for the queen's contest. She is all excited...too bad that will be the most excitement of the night! Kansas football can not hold a candle to Texas football...I miss that!

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Would you like me to UPS you a Texas-sized noise maker so you can teach them Yankees a thing or two about noise makin'? I know I've got at least 7 or 8 empty propane tanks laying around here somewhere. I've been saving them in case I ever had the urge to go into business brewing my own brand of homemade Meth. (Everyone else around here already does, I think Odis is the ringleader.) I even bet I could run over to Grainger supply and pick up some big ol' ball bearings for you to insert into the tank for a louder effect. Then again, they might go into shock if you were to introduce noise makin' Texas-style all at once. Better start small and work your way up. I'll have IHStangfan send you a real cowbell instead. ;)

wildstangs
09-09-2006, 11:23 PM
I got family in Dodge City...Not only does their football stink, but the town does as well.

sinton66
09-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Football is life in Texas. Corn is life in Kansas.