PDA

View Full Version : there is hope for Texas...

Adidas4I0s
09-09-2006, 11:05 PM
the last 3 teams to lose a #1 vs #2 regular season matchup have gone on to win BCS MNC.

wedo
09-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Texas will get to the BCS game if they ride their two headed monsters at running back!! They didn't get nearly enough carries tonight!!! I know they were behind the whole game but even early in the third down by ten, i would have gave them a heavy dose of selvin and jamal!!! And then threw up top to Limas!! Gred Davis paniced and choked on the play calling!!!!

sinton66
09-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Texas will get to the BCS game if they ride their two headed monsters at running back!! They didn't get nearly enough carries tonight!!! I know they were behind the whole game but even early in the third down by ten, i would have gave them a heavy dose of selvin and jamal!!! And then threw up top to Limas!! Gred Davis paniced and choked on the play calling!!!!

I don't think it was all play calling. The O line allowed a lot of pressure in the backfield. I think it caused the errant interception as well as the overthrow to Sweed in the endzone.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2006, 01:21 AM
I was giving Davis a hard time about not throwing deep earlier..but then I read what he said about the DB of Ohio sagging off the WR and I went back and watched on Tivo parts of the game, and he was right...they were sagging back at the snap sometimes 5-10 yards...Now Texas did the same thing BUT the veteran Smith saw this and would make the correct reads...Something McCoy still is learning to do...So Cant blame Davis on the passing part..

Give credt to DC for OSU...usually when u play a new QB, you tighten up coverage, bring 8 in the box and make him beat you..they took the opposite approach..they let Texas run and run, because they knew it is hard to dirve down the field 75 yds and score 3 or 4 times...Which leads me to the next point..Texas could just never get good field position on a consitent basis..they did a couple of times, but could not finish the drives

I say it like this..Not sure if OSU as a team is better than TX..just like last year I honestly could not say Texas was a better OVERALL team than OSU..but the QB play of Smith was the difference..He made ALL the right reads, hit his second and third reads all night long and that is why they won.

Jody
09-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Bottom line....Texas freasham QB is going to get his ASS handed to him by A&M....period...:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
09-10-2006, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Bottom line....Texas freasham QB is going to get his ASS handed to him by A&M....period...:clap:

sorta like McGee did last year?

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2006, 02:25 AM

That remains to be seen..dont know what the teams will look like by that time..one plus he will have over the Aggie QB last year is that Colt will have 10-11 games under his belt and will really no longer be a RS freshman as far as logging field time.

Maroon87
09-10-2006, 02:33 AM

Don't think so. If he could hang in against Ohio St., I don't think the "Wretched Crew" will be much of a hurdle.:nerd:

gobbler grad
09-10-2006, 08:15 AM
OSU was the better team last night and it's only the 2nd game of the season...Texas will get a BCS game, don't think OSU can go undefeated this year...:thinking: just have to wait and see...McCoy did play a good game, just not the way Vince Young could do...give the man time