PDA

View Full Version : Greg Davis

injuredinmelee
09-09-2006, 10:21 PM
We have the one series whre we run the option and move down the dield unmolested. god forbid you call it gain. Greg davis is the anti christ... i hate him so much. ohio stateis th real deal. i still stand behind the comment I made in december... if thre ius a playoff system OSU wins the whole enchilada.

I must say i have drank a entire bottle of vodka tonight... that is why i am so calm for the first horn loss since october of 2004.

Adidas4I0s
09-09-2006, 10:24 PM
whoa...everybody back up 20 ft from Rickadamius.

I agree about GD. Last year, Vince could improv and make things look good but with Colt operating in the system they just look weak. When you have good receivers and don't allow them to use their size and talent downfield...you don't even give yourself a chance.

lostaussie
09-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
We have the one series whre we run the option and move down the dield unmolested. god forbid you call it gain. Greg davis is the anti christ... i hate him so much. ohio stateis th real deal. i still stand behind the comment I made in december... if thre ius a playoff system OSU wins the whole enchilada.

I must say i have drank a entire bottle of vodka tonight... that is why i am so calm for the first horn loss since october of 2004. you smell, i mean spell like it too!!!!!!!!!!!

lepfan
09-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

I must say i have drank a entire bottle of vodka tonight... that is why i am so calm for the first horn loss since october of 2004. That is a killer...that first one after a big run! LOL Glad to see ya had the vodka to help get you through it. (I remember back "when" ....it took a few beers at our house)

injuredinmelee
09-09-2006, 10:26 PM
vodka is good...

Txbroadcaster
09-09-2006, 10:28 PM
I am calm because as a Horn's fan I knew this could be a scenario that could happen. OSU is the real deal, but Texas also shot themselves in the foot.

As far as Greg Davis, I did not like how conservative he was with the passing games at times, but it is a RS freshman at QB, so I give him a bit of an excuse.

The defense will get raked over the coals for this game, but really they should not. I dont think alot of teams will keep OSU to 24 points this season. They looked confused at times, and it hurt them.

Texas still is in good position to have a great season. It is now up to the players to find someone to step up and be a leader thru the first rough patch they have been thru since the 12-0 loss to OU

Adidas4I0s
09-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah we can say that Colt is a young QB...but we saw a lot of the same play calls a few years ago when Simms and Applewhite were under center. Davis is so scared of giving up the big play so he'll never go for a big play.

The Texas rush defense was pretty good...but the defense was giving A LOT of room to the OSU wideouts. Other than Ginn, they weren't blazing fast. However, all of the guys were given 5-8 yards of cushion on most plays and were able to catch the ball easily and then get YAC. The DB's were constantly looking for the big hit but just couldn't make it.

PHS Wildcats
09-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Yea, we were out played and the better team did win this game, now we have to go to work and make sure we make it to a BCS game. Colt will grow up and be a good QB at Texas

Congrats to Ohio St.

Adidas4I0s
09-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Yea, we were out played and the better team did win this game, now we have to go to work and make sure we make it to a BCS game. Colt will grow up and be a good QB at Texas

Congrats to Ohio St.

true...true...

44INAROW
09-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you smell, i mean spell like it too!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL - I was thinking the same thing........ :D :D he got enchilada right :cool: (just giving you a hard time Rick)

wedo
09-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Im not going to make any excuses Texas got out played!! But i think that they had their chances in this game!!! Colt looked good to me, but i did not like the play calles by Greg Davis he did not run the ball nearly enough!! The game was in reach for 3 and a half quarters!! Jamal and Selvin looked great and they each should have had twenty carries!!!! And i think that and the fumble by billy pitman in the first quarter was the difference!!!!!