PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Monahans vs. Midland Christian

zeus63
09-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I think the Loboes take the victory in a close game.

tigerbyheart
09-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I think Midland will win big over the loboes....

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Lobos!!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't know much about Midland other than what I saw last night.

That being said, this team has the size and speed. They mix the run and pass and they have a very good defense. I don't know much about privates or what size school this is but they soundly beat Andrews and Vernon. Vernon has a good team this year and Midland was a notch or two better all around. These guys are very good. They executed very well especially the short passing game. They drove the field and then they also threw long. The QB was spot on all night. They have a kicker that put it in the endzone every time.

If the Lobos beat these guys then look out.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-09-2006, 11:02 PM
This is a toss up for me. I don't know much about Midland Christian other than they've been a tough team the past couple of years. I would like to think that Monahans has a good team this year (since they be my Tigers;)), but it's hard to tell. Monahans has some good backs and a good defense. Is Robertson playing in this game?

I think I'll with Monahans by a TD or less.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Unless Midland Christian was playing SLC I wouldn't pick against them. Well I don't know if they are that good but I'm telling you folks these cats can execute their system very well.

Very, very tough team.

Technoredneck
09-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Not knowing anything but what I've read about MC and having seen Mohahans play our Tigers, I have to believe Monahans takes this one on the chin. Monahans did not impress me very much and if you notriced there was no trash talking from any of their suppoerters after the Snyder/Monahans game. I don't think either team was real proud of their performance in that game but based on the play seen there I have to go against Monahans.

Tech

WTF-82
09-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Ill go with Monahans. Midland Christian has hat a lot of trouble with Monahans in the past, Monahans is very hungry to get back on the field after a week off they are healthy again and will have the whole backfield playing including our tight end and linebacker who got hurt against Snyder. The Loboes have fixed many of there mistakes from the opener game including the special teams play. The Lobo passing game, I look for it to be smooth against
Midland Christian.

loboes86
09-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Not knowing anything but what I've read about MC and having seen Mohahans play our Tigers, I have to believe Monahans takes this one on the chin. Monahans did not impress me very much and if you notriced there was no trash talking from any of their suppoerters after the Snyder/Monahans game. I don't think either team was real proud of their performance in that game but based on the play seen there I have to go against Monahans.

Tech Monahans may very well take this one on the chin this year. But not from Snyder thus far. The Monahans posters on this board are very proud of what or young men do. We're just not like some of the typical Snyder posters who think its all about talking trash.( These statemants do not apply to all Snyder posters ) . Monahans has won against MC the last two years in fact check into it you will find out we're one of the few teams that can say that. In 2004 they were the state champs and if I remember correctly they (Loboes) were the only team to win against them that year, no disrespect intended to Midlland Christian. As far as impressing you the score board was all that counted was'nt it. That impressed me.:)

Mustangpride09
09-10-2006, 06:44 PM
I take MC.

Technoredneck
09-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Monahans may very well take this one on the chin this year. But not from Snyder thus far. The Monahans posters on this board are very proud of what or young men do. We're just not like some of the typical Snyder posters who think its all about talking trash.( These statemants do not apply to all Snyder posters ) . Monahans has won against MC the last two years in fact check into it you will find out we're one of the few teams that can say that. In 2004 they were the state champs and if I remember correctly they (Loboes) were the only team to win against them that year, no disrespect intended to Midlland Christian. As far as impressing you the score board was all that counted was'nt it. That impressed me.:)

As I said before, nothing in the Monahans/Snyder game impressed me. Neither teams offense, defense, special teams or the officials. Monahans may go on to develop into one of the powerhouse teams in the state, but they did not display it that night. We, like you are proud of our young men, and appreciate all of their hard work and effort, but I still call it like I see it on here. Please refer to my post on Coach has work to do in Snyder (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50191) for my insight on Snyder's team. I offered my statement as a basis for my pick, this board is based on different opinions and that is exactly what I offered, one person's opinion.

I by no means meant any disrespect to the fine lads from Monahans and if I offended you I offer my apology.

Tech

loboes86
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
As I said before, nothing in the Monahans/Snyder game impressed me. Neither teams offense, defense, special teams or the officials. Monahans may go on to develop into one of the powerhouse teams in the state, but they did not display it that night. We, like you are proud of our young men, and appreciate all of their hard work and effort, but I still call it like I see it on here. Please refer to my post on Coach has work to do in Snyder (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50191) for my insight on Snyder's team. I offered my statement as a basis for my pick, this board is based on different opinions and that is exactly what I offered, one person's opinion.

I by no means meant any disrespect to the fine lads from Monahans and if I offended you I offer my apology.

Tech No apology needed I know all the posts on here are somebodies opinion and I respect that. I don't post alot but I do read alot. I have seen your other posts and respect what is being said.

zeus63
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
MC is very good this year, no doubt. But, so are the Loboes. I think this game will be a battle of defenses. Another low scoring, close game.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2006, 10:46 AM
When and where is this game being played?

fury900
09-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Monahans 0 VS Midland Christian 24

STANG RED
09-11-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm picking the Lobos, but they better jump on em, early and often.

zeus63
09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When and where is this game being played?

7:30 Friday at Midland Christian (unless I missed a memo on the where)

Ranger Mom
09-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
7:30 Friday at Midland Christian (unless I missed a memo on the where)

I will be there if it's played in Midland.

(Would that be at Midland Christian or Grande???)

zeus63
09-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I've asked around and far as I can tell it is at MC, not Grande.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2006, 11:05 AM
I've asked around and far as I can tell it is at MC, not Grande.

I need to get out more...I didn't even realize they had their own field!!

zeus63
09-11-2006, 11:06 AM
It's not very big, but it is pretty nice, or at least i thought it was

Ranger Mom
09-11-2006, 11:07 AM
It's not very big, but it is pretty nice, or at least i thought it was

I assume it's close to the school?

zeus63
09-11-2006, 11:09 AM
far as I recall. Been a while since I have been there

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 11:09 AM
I may be wrong, but I thought that it was Grande.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2006, 11:10 AM
The schedule on MC's home page shows it at Grande!!

MC Schedule (http://www.midlandchristianschool.org/varsity.htm)

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Looks like Grande is their Home field

the_truth
09-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
This is a toss up for me. I don't know much about Midland Christian other than they've been a tough team the past couple of years. I would like to think that Monahans has a good team this year (since they be my Tigers;)), but it's hard to tell. Monahans has some good backs and a good defense. Is Robertson playing in this game?

I think I'll with Monahans by a TD or less.
Yeah...Robertson is playing this game.

ThE_OnE_lObOe
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
It is a Grande where monahans has prolly played more games there than the christans

Ranger Mom
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by ThE_OnE_lObOe
It is a Grande where monahans has prolly played more games there than the christans

We need to arrange a little M&G at halftime....Im going to this one!!

WTF-82
09-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Great, Grande I like that.