PDA

View Full Version : West Oso Fans

footballgal
09-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Anyone making the long trip to the tip of texas?

Maroon87
09-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Beware the Howling Bear!!!:D

I had to beat Phil C to it. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2006, 02:05 PM
the only fan from OSO is Phil C but hes not really from Oso and not really from Sinton neither lol hes a buckaroo.

footballgal
09-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks Phil, I mean Maroon87 :D

Fal44
09-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
the only fan from OSO is Phil C but hes not really from Oso and not really from Sinton neither lol hes a buckaroo.

Phil c is from freer..?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Phil c is from freer..?

its his alma matar, but hes been a pirate fan a long time also hes our Godfather now:)

Fal44
09-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
its his alma matar, but hes been a pirate fan a long time also hes our Godfather now:)

my dad and my older brother both are alma matar from freer but imm a jersey :D

footballgal
09-10-2006, 07:39 PM
I guess I won't get any info for West Oso.

sinton66
09-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I've got one I'm trying to get on here, but he doesn't have a computer yet.:rolleyes:

Bull Butter
09-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Not that many made the trip to the playoff game in Kingsville last year, despite it being only 30 minutes away. I would not expect more than a mere handful to make the 2 1/2 hour trip down to Port Isabel.

Oh, BTW this is post # 500 for me. I'm no longer Junior Varsity:)

pirate4state
09-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
I guess I won't get any info for West Oso. West Oso usually doesn't have many fans at their HOME games....:eek: :(

I'll see what I can scrounge up for you and send you a PM later in the week. :)

Fal44
09-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Sorry I really never got to the point of this topic..

Offense

Well on Offense they run the veer,lead and option.. they have 1 very shifty back they also carry out their fakes really well their qb is athletic... They dont pass much they will turn the ball over just have to make sure and put some helmets on them and they will lose the ball (4 turnovers against us)

Defense

They bring alot of guys into the box alot of man on man coverage, their best defensive players are on their line as they like to rush alot...

They are very beatable..

Good luck tarpons get you a bear...

footballgal
09-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the info Fal44, and thanks for the best wishes too. Believe me we need the W, to help out these young ones get some confidence in themselves. Because they have the abilities, they just need to believe they do.

Phil C
09-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Not that many made the trip to the playoff game in Kingsville last year, despite it being only 30 minutes away. I would not expect more than a mere handful to make the 2 1/2 hour trip down to Port Isabel.

Oh, BTW this is post # 500 for me. I'm no longer Junior Varsity:)

Way to go Bull! Keep them coming! :clap:

Phil C
09-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I went to the Freer web site to see where they are playing this week in volleyball and football thinking I might take in a game at my old alma mater since Sinton is on a bye and they still have the 2005 schedule there!! Come on Alma Mater! Let's get those updates! Shame for Shame! :mad:

footballgal
09-11-2006, 10:49 AM
We lost 3 starters on Friday; I hope that they come back in time for this game. Nolan Nunez, will be missed if he doesn't come back, as he had 179 yards on Friday and 84 against a very good 4A EE. Alvarez I think hurt his hand, he might be able to play at least on defense although not this week (he is also one of our FB). And Nolan Nunez, back up Diego Garcia was the other one, but I don't know what the deal is with him. But, if Nolan did in fact hurt his hamstring, it's best for him to sit out and heal. That type of injury can nag a player, for a while if not taken care of.

footballgal
09-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I went to the Freer web site to see where they are playing this week in volleyball and football thinking I might take in a game at my old alma mater since Sinton is on a bye and they still have the 2005 schedule there!! Come on Alma Mater! Let's get those updates! Shame for Shame! :mad:

Call someone at the school Phil.

I am glad I will be able to catch one of the key match-ups if not THE key match-up for my alma mater, in week 10. Tarpons are open and Cotulla will play now district foe Dilley(30-AA) If things turnout the way they should, mostly likely this game will have district championship implications. That would be something I HAVE to expierence, as Cotulla hasn't won a district title in my lifetime, only one was in 1952. They recently have gone to the playoffs, (3A) but not as the district champions. So this would be something special to watch.