PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Cameron Yoe???

Milk That Cow
09-09-2006, 12:58 PM
With that 29-19 Loss...

Out Played?

Out Coached?

I know that Gatesville couldn't have had more talent and experience than Cameron...

Could they?

Gobbla2001
09-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
With that 29-19 Loss...

Out Played?

Out Coached?

I know that Gatesville couldn't have had more talent and experience than Cameron...

Could they?

Gatesville always has good talent...

Maybe Yoe's gotta get on a roll this season or something...

hereandnow
09-09-2006, 01:16 PM
I'll bet there wasn't a Kleenex to be found in nearby Rockdale since they are bigger supporters of Cameron than, well, Cameron is.

3afan
09-09-2006, 01:22 PM

Could they?

of course they could ........

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
of course they could ........ They had to have more if they won!

Gobbla2001
09-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
They had to have more if they won!

Nah, I've seen teams with little or no talent take teams with loads of talent to the woodshed...

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah i see what you mean!

JR2004
09-09-2006, 01:42 PM
I wasn't surprised to see that score. This is the most talented team Gatesville has had since they won state in 2000. I know this year's senior class is one their coaches have been pointing towards since they were in junior high. Last season was their first year running the spread after about a decade of running the I-formation with backs like Derrell Moten, Taurean Henderson and Lashon Thayer. They've got a very big offensive line, a mobile QB with Luke Howard who already has around 500 yards passing and 6 TD's, very good speed at the skill positions with John Williams, Adrian Miller and Barry Pickens (Pickens ran in the 100 at the state meet this past spring I believe) and they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state year in and year out.

I might go on down there to watch them against Liberty Hill this week since Madison has a bye. If they beat Liberty Hill on the road this coming Friday they'll run the table in the regular season.

Milk That Cow
09-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Anybody go see the game?

Swarm 51
09-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Anybody go see the game?

Yes, I was at the game. It wasn't that Gatesville had more talent than Cameron, but they simply came out to play and win in the second half, which I think surprised Cameron as last year the Hornets were not known for playing four full quarters. But, that was last year. This year the Hornets are a completely different team. The turning point of this game seemed to be in the third quarter when the Yoe recovered a fumble on their one yard line. On the first series, Scott, the quarter back, attemped a sweep to his left and was nailed in the end zone giving two points to the Hornets which tied the score at 19 all. That seemed to take some wind out of Cameron's sails as with their quarterback's speed that play, up until then, had worked all night for them producing yardage. My personal feeling is Cameron was superior in talent, but the Hornets were more mentally ready to play, especially in the second half as they held the Yoe scoreless.

Texas-Fight
09-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I wasn't surprised to see that score. This is the most talented team Gatesville has had since they won state in 2000. I know this year's senior class is one their coaches have been pointing towards since they were in junior high. Last season was their first year running the spread after about a decade of running the I-formation with backs like Derrell Moten, Taurean Henderson and Lashon Thayer. They've got a very big offensive line, a mobile QB with Luke Howard who already has around 500 yards passing and 6 TD's, very good speed at the skill positions with John Williams, Adrian Miller and Barry Pickens (Pickens ran in the 100 at the state meet this past spring I believe) and they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state year in and year out.

I might go on down there to watch them against Liberty Hill this week since Madison has a bye. If they beat Liberty Hill on the road this coming Friday they'll run the table in the regular season. Where did Thayer end up?

I heard Cameron had plenty of turnovers and no protection for the QB.

c-town_balla
09-10-2006, 11:23 AM
we had plenty of QB protection. We just couldnt run the ball with the RB

Texas-Fight
09-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
we had plenty of QB protection. We just couldnt run the ball with the RB 9 times out of 10 if you can't run the ball it's the blocking.;)

c-town_balla
09-10-2006, 11:39 AM
yeah thats what im sayin our qb running plays were fine but not our rb ones