PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs Bandera

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 12:02 PM
i dont know anything about either team so im hoping somebody else does.

big daddy russ
09-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Bandera's got a nice little squad this year. They're 0-2, but their two losses have been to quality teams.

But Cuero's just too good. There are only a couple of teams this year that are on their level, and Bandera isn't one of them.

Gobbla2001
09-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Bandera is 0-2 and the #1 (AP ranked, could be #2 next week with Gilmer's impressive win) team in the state is coming to THEIR house to try and win their 600th game...

I say Bandera takes that very personally and it may be a closer game than anyone expects...

The Bulldogs don't want this season slipping away, and though I feel they'll make the playoffs either way, I still think they want to turn the ship around right now and that's scary for any #1 team who is comfortable going into games...

sinton66
09-09-2006, 12:21 PM
IMO, Cuero isn't very far from post-season form at all. Both sides of Cuero are very good. Haven't seen Bandera yet, so I can only wish both the best of luck for an injury free game.

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 12:23 PM
i was only at the game for the first five tds but the one problem i saw was the blocking for the qb counter. that play has never failed to work since reeve has been here and last night kyle got stopped in the backfield.

piratebg
09-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
IMO, Cuero isn't very far from post-season form at all. Both sides of Cuero are very good. Haven't seen Bandera yet, so I can only wish both the best of luck for an injury free game.

I couldn't agree more 66. The Gobblers are playing some very good ball right now. They are definitely on a roll.

STANG RED
09-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Any bet against Cuero at this point, would be a foolish bet imo. Bandera would have to get very lucky, and get out to an early lead, to even have a chance. Cuero will have to stub their own toes pretty bad to lose this one. If they come out firing on all cylinders, they'll win it big.

JT44
09-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i was only at the game for the first five tds but the one problem i saw was the blocking for the qb counter. that play has never failed to work since reeve has been here and last night kyle got stopped in the backfield.

I think its more Kyle not being patient to see the hole, he's just turning and running into the traffic. Since he seems to be a pretty tough kid I think he feels like he can absorb a few hits.They ran the play to perfection last year against Swenny in the playoffs

Besides that, I hate QB runs especially since he's a great passer with great receivers.

Leave those QB runs to the finley and littleton era teams

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2006, 03:14 PM
last week poll stafford got some early votes and the score was 8-7 very early in the game. This week poll is turning to be a blowout from the start.

Cuero D will face the best offensive team so far this year and should help them see what to work on after this game if any.

Boosty_Hondo
09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
were is this gameat cause if its in cuero i might go

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
cuero's secondary is cold so i hope bandera doesnt pass a lot.

Boosty_Hondo
09-09-2006, 03:16 PM
cuero's secondary is cold so i hope bandera doesnt pass a lot.

they do and they have a great qb

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Kyle Noack will lead the gobblers to win..

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
were is this gameat cause if its in cuero i might go
its in bandera

rodeo-rider
09-09-2006, 04:51 PM
I hear their stadium(Bandera) is small, so if you don't get there early, you will be standing...kinda like some did in Sinton...

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by rodeo-rider
I hear their stadium(Bandera) is small, so if you don't get there early, you will be standing...kinda like some did in Sinton...
Actually, they have a nice new (2-3 years old) stadium.

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 05:08 PM
bandera is too far to drive for a preseason game anyways

Boosty_Hondo
09-09-2006, 05:11 PM
they just built a new stadium last year i believe its really nice too

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 05:16 PM
cuero needs to stop building new schools and start building a new football stadium. all the money that school makes comes from football.

Boosty_Hondo
09-09-2006, 05:50 PM
lol that is true haha who is cuero playing next week cause i might go visit my dad in cuero and go to a game

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 05:54 PM
they play liberty hill on the 22nd in cuero

Boosty_Hondo
09-09-2006, 05:55 PM
oh ok i will be there for that one it will be a great game

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2006, 07:38 PM
cuero needs to stop building new schools and start building a new football stadium. all the money that school makes comes from football.

if they build a new stadium then they will have to build one for each sport they have, something about all sports are equal.

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 07:39 PM
they built a new basketball gym

44INAROW
09-09-2006, 08:06 PM
they built a new basketball gym

come on MM, you gotta admit Cuero needed a REAL gym. And since you brought it up, it is a darn fine gym - :)

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 08:16 PM
yes it is. but reeve should have got field turf put in so he could take advantage of all the speed he has to work with

JT44
09-10-2006, 06:37 AM
yes it is. but reeve should have got field turf put in so he could take advantage of all the speed he has to work with

turf was considered a year ago, but new drainage and irrigation was done instead. the track did get resurfaced. the only thing bad about gobbler stadium is the weak spots in some of the bleachers and the restrooms/ congregating areas around the concessions
Football does make money, but they football program doesn't keep it all, some is distributed to other programs.
Cuero was more behind in gym facilities than football stadium.

JT44
09-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Cuero's secondary is great, I think that's their best part of the defense.
over the reeve era, spread teams have only beaten cuero twice
(a.wylie 04 and wharton 03)

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Aren't they planning on a new baseball facility???

Basically the stadium is a great stadium and holds plenty, we just need to get the prisoners out there to put new boards on it every 10 years :D

JT44
09-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Aren't they planning on a new baseball facility???

Basically the stadium is a great stadium and holds plenty, we just need to get the prisoners out there to put new boards on it every 10 years :D

it's under renovations now. a group of citizens took over control of the land from the city. passing by recently i saw a new brick wall behind the plate and the dugouts are being totally replaced.

Gobbler Fan
09-10-2006, 10:50 AM
What are they going to do about the big sign going into the parking lot being updated ? It actuallly need's to be added onto and repainted and from what I hear the booster club wanted to do this but the people/bank that own's the sign refused to let the booster club have it or do anything with it .:confused:

Cameron Crazy
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Gobblers should win big!!

bulldogman06
09-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Im pulling for my dogs in this one, but playing a team like Cuero... we are going to have to play better than perfect. However, I would like to see how the Cuero Defense does against that offense. Hopefully the OLine is gellin because once that solidifies that offense will be incredible

JT44
09-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
What are they going to do about the big sign going into the parking lot being updated ? It actuallly need's to be added onto and repainted and from what I hear the booster club wanted to do this but the people/bank that own's the sign refused to let the booster club have it or do anything with it .:confused:
All of the info on the board is on display in the new gym
they should place the football only on the back of the scoreboard

SintonFan
09-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Im pulling for my dogs in this one, but playing a team like Cuero... we are going to have to play better than perfect. However, I would like to see how the Cuero Defense does against that offense. Hopefully the OLine is gellin because once that solidifies that offense will be incredible
If you guys play like you did against Wimberley last year, yall can keep it close for about three quarters. Then Cuero's depth will take it's toll.
I can't understand this years team. Last year Bandera started strong and then kinda fizzled. This year? We know Hondo is good, but La Vernia? I'm still scratching my head on that one. Oh well, as long as you finish the season strong...:)

44INAROW
09-10-2006, 12:57 PM
How many does Bandera's stadium hold?

MagicMan
09-10-2006, 12:59 PM
will this game be on tv?

SintonFan
09-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
25 on the home side and 12 on the visitors side.;)

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:05 PM
We do have a new stadium, but seating is still small....i think they plan on adding more stands when money is available, but with the new stadium, they built new basketball gym and lots of updates to high school and practically an whole new middle school! The best thing about the new stadium is on the backside of the scoreboard! Be sure and look at it if you go to the game!!! Our QB seems to like to run, too, and it sure worries me when he thinks he has to do that!!! I think Cuero will be good for our team.... step up to the challenge and hopefully use it for inspiration and growth. I won't make any predictions, but I just want it to be an excitng and injury free game. Safe travel for those coming from Cuero. Hope you enjoy Friday Night football in Bandera! :)

SintonFan
09-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I think the paper said it holds 2500. I'll find the link for you. I have found the link for directions. Bandera stadium (http://www.banderaisd.net/Our_Campuses/BHS/PDF/BHS_Stadium_Map_2006-2007.pdf)
Gimma a sec.

44INAROW
09-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think the paper said it holds 2500. I'll find the link for you. I have found the link for directions. Bandera stadium (http://www.banderaisd.net/Our_Campuses/BHS/PDF/BHS_Stadium_Map_2006-2007.pdf)
Gimma a sec.

Donkeyshane........... :D

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:12 PM
25 on the home side and 12 on the visitors side.;) That was MEAN!!! FOR YOUR INFO, IT HOLDS 26 ON THE HOME SIDE AND 13 ON THE VISITORS SIDE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :p

44INAROW
09-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Stadium Bob - on TexasBob says 3100......... we're leaving Cuero really early on Friday.. I've never been in that area and heard the drive is really pretty so I wanna enjoy it (dang, that sounds like something an OLD LADY would say :rolleyes: ) :blush: :blush:

SintonFan
09-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
That was MEAN!!! FOR YOUR INFO, IT HOLDS 26 ON THE HOME SIDE AND 13 ON THE VISITORS SIDE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :p
I'm sorry. I forgot about that extra bleacher that was set up.:( lol;)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Stadium Bob - on TexasBob says 3100......... we're leaving Cuero really early on Friday.. I've never been in that area and heard the drive is really pretty so I wanna enjoy it (dang, that sounds like something an OLD LADY would say :rolleyes: ) :blush: :blush:

TexasBob has Pirate Stadium at 1500 seating capacity. So dont know if TexasBob is accurate.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry. I forgot about that extra bleacher that was set up.:( lol;)

more like a extra chair for each side:D

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Stadium Bob - on TexasBob says 3100......... we're leaving Cuero really early on Friday.. I've never been in that area and heard the drive is really pretty so I wanna enjoy it (dang, that sounds like something an OLD LADY would say :rolleyes: ) :blush: :blush: The drive is nice, for sure. Hope we have nice weather.....75 and dry......or 60 degrees would be good too!! I'm soooooo ready for fall!!! The parking is bad at the stadium, some idiots forgot that minor detail when building the stadium....if you get there REAL early, should be spaces in the school parking lot, otherwise, its find one on the road outside the stadium. Sorry.....real pet peeve of mine!! So, what are the plans on meeting before the game???
I know you don't leave at half time.... :D

SintonFan
09-10-2006, 01:27 PM
The drive is nice, for sure. Hope we have nice weather.....75 and dry......or 60 degrees would be good too!! I'm soooooo ready for fall!!! The parking is bad at the stadium, some idiots forgot that minor detail when building the stadium....if you get there REAL early, should be spaces in the school parking lot, otherwise, its find one on the road outside the stadium. Sorry.....real pet peeve of mine!! So, what are the plans on meeting before the game???
If you're nice I'll let you sign the "shirt" YaYa.:D

MagicMan
09-10-2006, 01:28 PM
bandera sucks

44INAROW
09-10-2006, 01:31 PM
So, what are the plans on meeting before the game???

I am sure we'll be there before 6 - we'll be at the stadium early (I hope) I'll get with you later on in the week so we can figure something out.... OK?

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:33 PM
I am sure we'll be there before 6 - we'll be at the stadium early (I hope) I'll get with you later on in the week so we can figure something out.... OK? OK. I'll pm you my cell so you can call me when you get there! :)

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 01:35 PM
We do have a new stadium, but seating is still small....i think they plan on adding more stands when money is available, but with the new stadium, they built new basketball gym and lots of updates to high school and practically an whole new middle school! The best thing about the new stadium is on the backside of the scoreboard! Be sure and look at it if you go to the game!!! Our QB seems to like to run, too, and it sure worries me when he thinks he has to do that!!! I think Cuero will be good for our team.... step up to the challenge and hopefully use it for inspiration and growth. I won't make any predictions, but I just want it to be an excitng and injury free game. Safe travel for those coming from Cuero. Hope you enjoy Friday Night football in Bandera! :)

Who's playing at the Cabaret that night?

I'm not gunna be able to make it, just wondering :(

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:37 PM

I'm not gunna be able to make it, just wondering :( OMG you're not coming to Big B!!!!! :( :( :( :dispntd: :bigcry: :weeping:

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:41 PM
bandera sucks ...or maybe just you do..... :thinking: :wave:

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 01:42 PM
OMG you're not coming to Big B!!!!! :( :( :( :dispntd: :bigcry: :weeping:

no, I'm so upset

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 01:43 PM
...or maybe just you do..... :thinking: :wave:

he thinks the same of Cuero under his other 499 usernames so it's cool...

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 01:46 PM

I looked, and it's Cory Morrow :( :mad:

I swear this new position at work has been more trouble than it's worth...

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 01:48 PM
I looked, and it's Cory Morrow :( :mad:

I swear this new position at work has been more trouble than it's worth... Oh shoot....you could have danced with my daughters!!! Do you work all night?? :D :(

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh shoot....you could have danced with my daughters!!! Do you work all night?? :D :(

Yah, I go in at 7:30 Fri night...

It's pretty cool if it's not football season...

Stownhorse
09-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Cuero is going to dominate Bandera....region 4=weak

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Cuero is going to dominate Bandera....region 4=weak

and so it begins....... again

MagicMan
09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
region 4 has no depth. there are only a handful of good teams out of the 1000

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Yah, I go in at 7:30 Fri night...

It's pretty cool if it's not football season... Dang is that EVERY friday nite?? Speaking of a good concert, Sept 30th, Jack Ingram 4th annual thingy at Floores Country Store, with Charlie and Bruce Robison, Randy Rogers Band, Micky and the Motorcars, Ray Wylie Hubbard, and The Derailers. FUN FUN FUN!! :D :clap:

MagicMan
09-10-2006, 02:00 PM
he thinks the same of Cuero under his other 499 usernames so it's cool...
haha i have one name.

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Dang is that EVERY friday nite?? Speaking of a good concert, Sept 30th, Jack Ingram 4th annual thingy at Floores Country Store, with Charlie and Bruce Robison, Randy Rogers Band, Micky and the Motorcars, Ray Wylie Hubbard, and The Derailers. FUN FUN FUN!! :D :clap:

Dang that sounds like a damn good show...

Not every Friday... one Friday out of the month, and another Friday I work up TO 7:30... shift...

Bandera YaYa
09-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Dang that sounds like a damn good show...

Not every Friday... one Friday out of the month, and another Friday I work up TO 7:30... shift... Well, you got a way to keep up with the score??

Gobbla2001
09-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Well, you got a way to keep up with the score??

It'll be on the radio... but I can't hear it out in the plant... just gunna keep updated via my car or something...

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Pirates have no game and i am going to Leander for the weekend, where is Bandera located at? is it near SA off 281?

maroogreen
09-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Okay, here are the answers/input for a couple of things that have come up:

The big sign outside the high school is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. A number of people question the bank regularly about it, but the bank has changed names at least 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years. Not a lot of Gobbler Pride coming from bank owners that live far away... Nevertheless, the size of the sign must be increased or the entire sign must be repainted. Cuero does not include district championships, etc. You must be a regional champ or higher to make the board. Just have too many of those championships... :D :D Most of the items on the list are football-related, but there are at least three (should be four) track championships, a number of trips to the state golf tourney, and one or two baseball items. Still don't have last year's football, track, or golf items on the board.

The school board considered building a ticket booth/concession stand/restrooms at the south entrance at a cost of $250K, but it was not approved. The worst place in the stadium complex is the press box. But renovations to the press box would have to include an elevator to meet federal ADA requirements. So nothing has been done and someday someone may fall through the floor!

The new competition gym is awesome!!! Liking the green bleachers. I've heard some of the banners are incorrect, but couldn't tell you how...

The baseball field is owned by the city. The CHS stuco wanted to make some improvements a few years back, but the city was impossible to work with. The district let the lease with the city go, and a group of community people, who formed a 501(c)3 corp. called C-BAT, picked up the lease. They have done an unbelievable job revamping the field, working on the backstop, and are now putting in new dugouts. It is going to be great. But it wasn't done by the school district--it was done by parents, local businesses, etc.

BTW, Cuero schools get out at 12:30 p.m. on Friday for the game. Woohoo!!!

And Gobbla, Cory Morrow will be at Turkeyfest on Oct. 15th

bulldogman06
09-10-2006, 10:06 PM
If you guys play like you did against Wimberley last year, yall can keep it close for about three quarters. Then Cuero's depth will take it's toll.
I can't understand this years team. Last year Bandera started strong and then kinda fizzled. This year? We know Hondo is good, but La Vernia? I'm still scratching my head on that one. Oh well, as long as you finish the season strong...:)

Well, last year, the OLine was very very solid, and this year losing 4 starters there, it has taken a little more time for the line to gel. Once it does, we will be able to compete with anybody. Also, in the Hondo game, we were on their 10 yd. line down only 6 when the first bad snap of the night happens and Hondo recovers the fumble. game over. The OLine coach at Bandera will make that line great, and once it happens, we will be alright

44INAROW
09-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks for explaining the items Maroogreen..... Would you please do me a favor? Would you please find out what is not printed/listed correctly on the banners (or at least let me know who knows) and I'll make sure those things are corrected (or at least I'll get the info to the person in charge so he can do what is necessary to correct them). The folks in charge of that project were at the mercy of some "oldtimers" for information :D :D No one was left off intentionally, as I am sure you are well aware. Anyway, any help on corrections would be greatly appreciated :) The banners were made in a fashion to add on to it as needed :cool: It is SO NICE to have a Competition Gym in Cuero and the green bleachers are great! :clap:

maroogreen
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I do remember who told me that, so I will ask that person and get back to you ASAP. I went through old yearbooks from the 1920s forward for Coach Reeve, but a lot of the info was simply not there. Please don't take it as an insult; it certainly was not meant as such!:)

44INAROW
09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
I do remember who told me that, so I will ask that person and get back to you ASAP. I went through old yearbooks from the 1920s forward for Coach Reeve, but a lot of the info was simply not there. Please don't take it as an insult; it certainly was not meant as such!:)

oh no, I didn't take it that way by any means..... I just would like to get it fixed.. I know if I was on one of the teams that might have been 'left off" or whatever, I'd want it on there...... :)

piratebg
09-10-2006, 10:59 PM
GO GOBBLERS

big daddy russ
09-11-2006, 12:35 AM
LaVernia's actually a pretty underrated team year-in, year-out. They usually win that little district of theirs and go about two deep before finally meeting up with a better team. I didn't know what they had this year, but after seeing their two scores I think they're definitely a top-ten team in R4.

1. Cuero
2. Wimberley
3a. Sinton
3b. Ingleside
5. Rio Hondo
6a. Hondo
6b. LaVernia
8. Bandera
9. Medina Valley
10. Raymondville

I still think Bandera comes out of the regular season as the fourth-best team out of R4 behind Cuero, Wimberley, and Ingleside/Sinton (whichever one is better... I'd put the other one at five). The Bulldogs will gel before it's all said and done, they've just got to find their rhythm first. Guy Grover's 'prize' teams have a habit of starting slow and finishing dominant. This is a Grover 'prize.'

big daddy russ
09-11-2006, 12:38 AM
region 4 has no depth. there are only a handful of good teams out of the 1000
Of course it doesn't. It only has about half the teams that R2 and R3 have. Not that we'd be better than R3 anyways, but we could hold our own against R1.

SintonFan
09-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
LaVernia's actually a pretty underrated team year-in, year-out. They usually win that little district of theirs and go about two deep before finally meeting up with a better team. I didn't know what they had this year, but after seeing their two scores I think they're definitely a top-ten team in R4.

1. Cuero
2. Wimberley
3a. Sinton
3b. Ingleside
5. Rio Hondo
6a. Hondo
6b. LaVernia
8. Bandera
9. Medina Valley
10. Raymondville

I still think Bandera comes out of the regular season as the fourth-best team out of R4 behind Cuero, Wimberley, and Ingleside/Sinton (whichever one is better... I'd put the other one at five). The Bulldogs will gel before it's all said and done, they've just got to find their rhythm first. Guy Grover's 'prize' teams have a habit of starting slow and finishing dominant. This is a Grover 'prize.'
I'll respectfully say this...
what are you smoking? lol Yes, La Vernia does have good teams on occasion(and wins their district all the time), but both of us predicted Bandera to be a Good darkhorse for the region. They look less than that now at 0-2. They should have won one of those games imho. While I do like La Vernia, I never saw them as one of the best teams from this area. This time last year the Bulldogs looked much better than they do now.
How can you have Sinton ahead of Ingleside in your rankings? Yall have two extremely solid wins against good competition while we got shut out once and had a good defensive perfomance against the other. Ingleside deserves to be ahead in this poll.:clap: Let the Sinton Pirates develope some offense before you place them at 3a or whatever. lol
At this point, why do you have Wimberley at 2? They should be 8th best right now.:thinking:
I see it this way with the same teams:
1. Cuero
2. Ingleside
3. Hondo
4. Medina Valley(Beeville is that good)
5. Sinton (a good defense)
6. Rio Hondo
7. Raymondville
8. Wimberley
9. La Vernia
10. Bandera (good potential and all, I remember the whuppin they took from Burnet in '02 like 56-21. Then they just took the state title the same year in div. 2. Sinton take notice ;))

big daddy russ
09-11-2006, 01:56 AM
I'll respectfully say this...
what are you smoking? lol Yes, La Vernia does have good teams on occasion(and wins their district all the time), but both of us predicted Bandera to be a Good darkhorse for the region. They look less than that now at 0-2. They should have won one of those games imho. While I do like La Vernia, I never saw them as one of the best teams from this area. This time last year the Bulldogs looked much better than they do now.
I haven't seen a boxscore or any stats, but I'd be willing to bet that Bandera's problems are more miscues and early-season problems than anything else. Losing to LaVernia (a perennial playoff team in an extremely weak R4) and Hondo by a combined seven points isn't that big of a deal. Those are two of the best teams in the region.

Bandera's still my R4 darkhorse. Two non-district losses, especially by those margins to those particular teams, don't scare me off.

How can you have Ingleside ahead of Sinton in your rankings? Yall have two extremely solid wins against good competition while we got shut out once and had a good defensive perfomance against the other. Ingleside deserves to be ahead in this poll.:clap: Let the Sinton Pirates develope some offense before you place them at 3a or whatever. lol
Because Ingleside's 'solid' competition wasn't on the level of a G-P or a Cuero. We'll wait until my boys play a defense or offense worth writing home about before giving them undeserved praise.

At this point, why do you have Wimberley at 2? They should be 8th best right now.:thinking:
I see it this way with the same teams:
1. Cuero
2. Ingleside
3. Hondo
4. Medina Valley(Beeville is that good)
5. Sinton (a good defense)
6. Rio Hondo
7. Raymondville
8. Wimberley
9. La Vernia
10. Bandera (good potential and all, I remember the whuppin they took from Burnet in '02 like 56-21. Then they just took the state title the same year in div. 2. Sinton take notice ;))
Wimberley's number two because:
A. Giddings is that good, and...
B. They beat a 4A team who's one of the favorites to win their district.

I didn't realize that Beeville was that good this year. I knew about the Soza kid, just thought that all they had was a sophomore QB and a hell of a coach.

SintonFan
09-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I haven't seen a boxscore or any stats, but I'd be willing to bet that Bandera's problems are more miscues and early-season problems than anything else. Losing to LaVernia (a perennial playoff team in an extremely weak R4) and Hondo by a combined seven points isn't that big of a deal. Those are two of the best teams in the region.

Bandera's still my R4 darkhorse. Two non-district losses, especially by those margins to those particular teams, don't scare me off.

Because Ingleside's 'solid' competition wasn't on the level of a G-P or a Cuero. We'll wait until my boys play a defense or offense worth writing home about before giving them undeserved praise.

Wimberley's number two because:
A. Giddings is that good, and...
B. They beat a 4A team who's one of the favorites to win their district.

I didn't realize that Beeville was that good this year. I knew about the Soza kid, just thought that all they had was a sophomore QB and a hell of a coach.
Good point but I mis-stated my point about Sinton/Ingleside. Ingleside should be ahead period. The Pirates have no offense as of yet.:o
Good defense yes...:cool:
I still like my top 10.:)

crabman
09-11-2006, 07:40 AM
But renovations to the press box would have to include an elevator to meet federal ADA requirements. So nothing has been done and someday someone may fall through the floor!

Within the next 6-12 months there will be a new TAS (Texas Architectural Standard), the state equivalent of ADA, that exempts sports facilities pressboxes from the elevator requirement. That will enable us to rebuild the pressbox.

I've heard some of the banners are incorrect, but couldn't tell you how...

The new banners were meant to rekindle old memories and stimulate conversation about the past as well as give the kids something to shoot for in the future. Any corrections to them is a tribute to our old Gobblers, not a slight on the people who made the banners.

Oh yeah, that is one awesome looking gym, isn't it? :D

44INAROW
09-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by crabman

Oh yeah, that is one awesome looking gym, isn't it? :D

It sure is :clap: :clap:

Phil C
09-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Cuero 52 Bandera 6 (Against Cuero's second team). Sorry Bandera but Cuero is just too good this year.

pirate4state
09-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Ingleside should be ahead period. The Pirates have no offense as of yet.:o
Good defense yes...:cool:
Not so fast my friend! Sinton should be on top because we haven't played Ingleside yet and because I'm a homer!! :p :p IMHO, they can't be ahead, until they can beat us and I'm not saying they will. :D Lots of time before November 10th. I'm almost sure Ingleside will be undefeated going into our game which should make it all the more interesting!! :D :D

pirate4state
09-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Not so fast my friend! Sinton should be on top because we haven't played Ingleside yet and because I'm a homer!! :p :p IMHO, they can't be ahead, until they can beat us and I'm not saying they will. :D Lots of time before November 10th. I'm almost sure Ingleside will be undefeated going into our game which should make it all the more interesting!! :D :D Sorry, for getting off topic!! :o

Cuero keeps rolling!! :thumbsup:

44INAROW
09-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Sorry, for getting off topic!! :o

Cuero keeps rolling!! :thumbsup:

Off Topic but still talking football - no demerits issued this time :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

pirate4state
09-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Off Topic but still talking football - no demerits issued this time :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I would say something, but I might get in trouble! :doh: :doh: :devil:

44INAROW
09-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I would say something, but I might get in trouble! :doh: :doh: :devil:

oh, come one - :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bullaholic
09-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Everybody "done" on this game? I'm going to say that this may be a better game than many think. Bandera ain't "shabby" this year. Still, Cuero has got all the "horses" this year and I think the score will be around 35-28 Cuero and 14-21 Bandera.

MagicMan
09-12-2006, 02:11 PM
i picked the score right last week saying cuero 49-7 so im gonna go ahead and say 49-7 once again...to be honest im gonna pick 49-7 every game the whole regular reason for cuero

pirate4state
09-13-2006, 02:52 PM
page 6??? shame on you Cuero & Bandera fans!!!

Cuero 35 Bandera 7

pirate4state
09-14-2006, 09:32 AM
bump...football, people .... it is FOOTBALL season!!

cjeffsjeep
09-14-2006, 09:38 AM
well im going to say Cuero 53 -5 lol figure that one out ;)

44INAROW
09-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by cjeffsjeep
well im going to say Cuero 53 -5 lol figure that one out ;)

lol

GO MEAN GREEN :)

Old Green
09-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Game Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone drive safe:thumbsup: :cheerl:

gobbler grad
09-15-2006, 08:24 AM
I'll take care of the homefront tonight...the radio will be blasting to 100.9 come 7:30...and the grill will be smoakin'...:D
everyone drive safe...

GOOD LUCK GOBBLERS...:cheerl: :cheerl:

44INAROW
09-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I'll take care of the homefront tonight...the radio will be blasting to 100.9 come 7:30...and the grill will be smoakin'...:D
everyone drive safe...

GOOD LCK GOBBLERS...:cheerl: :cheerl:

nice to see you posting GG - too bad they blocked the site at your work :confused:

PPHSfan
09-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Wow six yayas.:D

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm gunna try and check out the score here and there at work...

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
BTW - is anyone from Cuero making a weekend out of this trip??? If so, go to the Cabaret after the game and see Cory Morrow for me...

Bandera YaYa
09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Wow six yayas.:D Oh darlin', there are more than six fabulous YaYa's...... :p :p :p

Phil C
09-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Where is the game being played.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Bandera

44INAROW
09-15-2006, 01:05 PM
I am heading out to Bandera...... Everyone please have safe travels to and from your respective games.
I have my fingers crossed that my PC at home is going to decide to boot-up and let me get online when I get home tonight/in the morning :)

GO MEAN GREEN

Bandera YaYa
09-15-2006, 01:58 PM
I can't believe that Cuero's school gets out at noon, for a football game! I mean, isn't this against some State school thingy....???? How do they make up the time?? :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
I can't believe that Cuero's school gets out at noon, for a football game! I mean, isn't this against some State school thingy....???? How do they make up the time?? :thinking: :thinking: I don't think they released at NOON for a regular season game, must have been something else going on maybe.'

Good Luck tonight!

MagicMan
09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
they just want everyone to have plenty of time to go to the game instead of driving 90 to get there on time. theres alot of band people and cheerleaders and other made up things that travel to all the games that have to be there at certain times so making it there at 7 isnt a good thing for them apparently. the only people that need to be there early are the teams and coaches.

crabman
09-15-2006, 02:14 PM
I can't believe that Cuero's school gets out at noon, for a football game! I mean, isn't this against some State school thingy....???? How do they make up the time??

They get out at 12:30. It counts as a complete day. No need to make up anything. I am shutting the doors today at 2:30. On the road by 3:00. 3 hour drive plus San Antonio traffic and a bite to eat.

We let out at 12:30 because the team leaves at 2:15. The buses have to run their routes and be back at the school to pick up the equipment and the team and be on the road by 2:15. We only take Yellow Dogs to out of town games. No charters since Reeve came here except for the State Finals. We got out of our routine there and look what it cost us.

Bandera YaYa
09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
I don't think they released at NOON for a regular season game, must have been something else going on maybe.'

Good Luck tonight! Well, that's what maroogreen stated above.....and a coach's wife here told me the same thing....just wondering, if so, how they get by with doing that. Could someone that actually knows for sure, give the down low on it....i'm just curious, that's all!! Anyways, good for them!!!! :clap:Thanks for sending your luck.....you maybe should get down on your knees for us!!!! Hope you win your game too!!!!!! :) :clap:

crabman
09-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Actually, I've been thinking. Maybe we are like Abilene Wylie and we just give the entire district off so our ADA stays low and we can stay in 3A when everybody knows we have 5A numbers. :D

Bandera YaYa
09-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by crabman
They get out at 12:30. It counts as a complete day. No need to make up anything. I am shutting the doors today at 2:30. On the road by 3:00. 3 hour drive plus San Antonio traffic and a bite to eat.

We let out at 12:30 because the team leaves at 2:15. The buses have to run their routes and be back at the school to pick up the equipment and the team and be on the road by 2:15. We only take Yellow Dogs to out of town games. No charters since Reeve came here except for the State Finals. We got out of our routine there and look what it cost us. Oh yeah, i forgot about the bus thing......ok, thanks!! SAFE TRAVEL!!!!!! Be careful in SA!!! :D

Phil C
09-15-2006, 03:06 PM
It should be a great game. Cuero 24 Bandera 21.

htowntransplant
09-15-2006, 03:08 PM
if bandera db's dont have speed, then cuero will win. cuero can beat you in so many ways however.

KingRob
09-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Survey Says:

Cuero - 35
Bandera - 0

Go Cuero!!

MagicMan
09-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Cuero 49
Bandera 7

greenwitch
09-17-2006, 10:18 AM
With a qb like Kyle Noack why leave the qb run to the Finley-Littleton era?