PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Bulldogs vs Snyder Tigers

dutchman
09-09-2006, 12:00 PM
These two teams will meet in the Gordon Wood Brownwood Classic as the second game of a four game matchup, they have not met that I am aware of.

A very good venue in Brownwood as Marlin traveled there last year to meet Waco University. Snyder is currently a 14 point game favorite.

Marlin is still developing their chemistry on offense and will go into district barring injury in pretty good shape with a win next week. The defense is also coming around and will again be the Bulldogs strength this year.

Snyder comes into the game with an 0-2 record losing to Monahans 7-12 and 4A Hereford 29-33.

Marlin comes into the game with a 1-1 record losing to Waco La Vega 6-13 and defeating Waco Connally 13-7.

Tiger Baseball
09-09-2006, 02:03 PM
This should be a good game. I hope! Looking foward to going to Brownwood and watching this one.

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Marlin is 2a arent they?

Tiger Baseball
09-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Marlin is 2a arent they?

They were 3A but fell to 2A this year.

formermbcouns
09-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Probably won't make this game but good luck to the 'Dogs!

sweetwater07
09-09-2006, 03:03 PM
if Snyder would get the Vagi*** off their cleats then maybe they can win against this 2A team......
i overrated Snyder this year

DaHop72
09-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
if Snyder would get the Vagi*** off their cleats then maybe they can win against this 2A team......
i overrated Snyder this year And I guess you saw both of Snyder's game to make this statement. And I guess you weren't real smart if you overrated them since if you knew about them you would have know that we had to replace many parts of both the offense and the defense. They showed vast impovements from the first game to the second and I feel that they will get better as the year goes on. Ratings mean nothing anyway, district wins and the playoff mean much more.

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
They showed vast impovements from the first game to the second and I feel that they will get better as the year goes on. Ratings mean nothing anyway, district wins and the playoff mean much more.

Hop I agree with ya on this one... :thumbsup:

EricDraven
09-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Snyder gets a win in a close one.

Technoredneck
09-11-2006, 01:11 PM
While I think this might turn out to be a close one, I actually believe it will be at least a 14 point victory for the Tigers. I think they will find their way and get on the right path with a big win. Tigers 28-14

Old Tiger
09-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Marlin...why you might ask. My reply to you is why the hell not?

Old Tiger
09-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Too bad Marlin lost future star in the Penn, Jeremy Sanders.

Tiger Baseball
09-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Marlin...why you might ask. My reply to you is why the hell not?

:confused:

Curly
09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Dutchman what kind of speed does Marlin have in the backfield?

How good were the 2 Waco Teams that Marlin faced?

dutchman
09-11-2006, 03:44 PM
*********** has Snyder as an 11 point favorite.

Marlin is Marlin. Very young this year in the skill positions, but most of the line has been on varsity since their sophomore year. The starting quarterback is a sophomore and got his first start against Waco Connally after the senior quarterback hurt his knee in the Waco La Vega game. Marlin again is running back by committee senior fullback played defensive tackle last year. Two juniors with 4.5 40 and a sophomore with a 4.5 40. I have not seen the quarterbacks 40 time. The tight end was previously a backup to Sanders as a freshman and goes about 6' 2" 230 lbs with a 4.6 40. The line has very good size this year on offense and defense. Marlin has maybe two players currently that play both ways.

Waco La Vega is another very young team that outplayed the Bulldogs week one. They had a sophomore quarterback with about 170 yards total offense and a freshman running back with over 100 yards rushing. Most of their starting team was mainly juniors. La Vega is always fast; their relays teams have been to the state meet for the past three years. Although in the past this usually did not translate on the football field. La Vega usually has good speed but always fall apart by district. Last year they played Marlin into overtime, Marlin won 27-21. La Vega won 3 more games after that and then did not win a game in district. La Vega was picked to finish last in their district by DCTF and TexPrepXtra.

Waco Connally has usually been a playoff team for the past few years. They had the misfortune to meet the freight train named Giddings last year in the playoffs. Connally is another school that always takes most of their relay teams to the state meet, so it is usually more of a track meet than a grind it out game. This year some of their playmakers were missing or were not played, I did not see a couple I thought would have played until the 4th quarter. Connally also has a freshman quarterback who had almost 300 yards of offense against Liberty Hill, although they lost 35-21. Connally had a total of 22 yards rushing and 23 yards passing against Marlin, with only 2 yards passing in the second half of the game. Their score came on interception before the half.
Waco Connally is in the same district 17-3A with China Spring, Gatesville, and Robinson and was picked either second or third in the district by DCTF and TexPrepXtra.

dutchman
09-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Too bad Marlin lost future star in the Penn, Jeremy Sanders.

Actually, Jeremy is starting at quarterback for Navarro Junior College until his court date.

Bulldogs remain undefeated (http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/sports/local_story_254093644.html?keyword=topstory)

Snyder_TigerFan
09-15-2006, 08:59 AM
It's Game DAY!! Go Tigers! I'm confident they have reviewed their short comings of last week, made the necessary adjustments, and will be clicking on all cylinders tonight. This ought to be a great game!

Pudlugger
09-15-2006, 09:28 AM
I'll take Marlin by a td or so. They seem to be picking up momentum and are always tough. Snyder would be a big win for them giving them confidence going forward into district play.

DU_stud04
09-15-2006, 09:36 AM
the polls are lookin mighty close....this one outta be a doozy:D

The wizard
09-15-2006, 10:24 AM
The Tigers will win this one. They have got to keep improving to keep track with Greenwood ( they are good).

dutchman
09-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Safe travel for all of the Snyder fans. See you at the game.

LEROY
09-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Quick preview of Marlin----------SPEED. La Vega and Connally are always loaded with speed, and the Dogs seem to match up just fine with both. Good luck to both.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Go Bulldogs! :cheerl: :cheerl:

Stownhorse
09-15-2006, 04:51 PM
And I guess you saw both of Snyder's game to make this statement. And I guess you weren't real smart if you overrated them since if you knew about them you would have know that we had to replace many parts of both the offense and the defense. They showed vast impovements from the first game to the second and I feel that they will get better as the year goes on. Ratings mean nothing anyway, district wins and the playoff mean much more.

They sure were ranked pretty high then if they werent expected to do good

DaHop72
09-16-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
They sure were ranked pretty high then if they werent expected to do good :doh: Shows you what the people that do the rankings know as well.:rolleyes:

Technoredneck
09-16-2006, 02:12 AM
My congratulations to the Marlin Program for a big win. The Bulldogs seemed to come out a little flat and the Tigers hit hard in the mouth. But the 'dogs were able to shake it off and get back on track to a big win after overcoming several turnovers. Once Marlin got moving Snyder couldn't quit shooting itself in the foot with penalties and dumb interceptions.

However, the on-field bahavior after the game was over by the Marlin players really showed a lack of respect for the game of football and the other team and their fans. It was in very poor taste and has NO place at a high school football game. I am very disappointed in the Marlin Coaching Staff for allowing it to take place. Any respect that was earned during a hard fought ball game was lost in the moments of poor sportsmanship afterward.

But that's just my opinion.

Tech

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2006, 02:20 AM
What was the on field behavior?

dutchman
09-16-2006, 02:55 AM
I too am interested to find out what happened. After the clock expired, I left the stadium.

Technoredneck
09-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Some, not all of the players took off their jerseys & pads and some even their shirts and they were grabbing their crotch and humping towards the Snyder stands.

hutex04
09-16-2006, 03:42 AM
strange....:confused: Id hate to think any coaching staff would allow that to happen.

marlin fan
09-16-2006, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
I too am interested to find out what happened. After the clock expired, I left the stadium. I staye for a while after didnt see anything lol guess it was after i had left also!!!

Technoredneck
09-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Well. it happened in the middle of the field! Not very classy.

marlin fan
09-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Well. it happened in the middle of the field! Not very classy. lol when has marlin ever worried about being classy?????????????

Pudlugger
09-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Some, not all of the players took off their jerseys & pads and some even their shirts and they were grabbing their crotch and humping towards the Snyder stands.

Oh my, that is nasty. :eek:

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2006, 10:35 AM
this kind of reminds me of last year when sweetwater beat monahans in the playoffs, and witchy woman,(a snyder poster) came on here and made remarks about one of the sweetwater players, "showboating" after a touchdown, and showing disrespect for the game of football, which I was there to witness that game and no "showboating" was done to disrespect the game. Now I'm not saying that what tech said didnt happen last night, but I need some more sources to confirm it as true. DId anyone else see this?

Snyder_TigerFan
09-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I didn't see it either. I left with about 1:00 left.

I give credit to Marlin on a well played game. They have a speedy backfield and a accurate QB. I got worried everytime he dropped back to pass.

Snyder still has a lot of work to do. It almost looked like a replay of last weeks game. We still had alot of costly penalties. We might be 0-3, but we are playing some very good teams. I had a feeling losing some of the key players that we did, it would take some time to get back to where we were, but I'm still confident.

DaHop72
09-16-2006, 11:31 AM
When I left the game, the boys were going across the field to shake hands, so I don't know what might have happened.

I agaree with Snyder_TigerFan, we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties. The boys have got to become more disciplined with the snap count. It seems every time that we would gain good yardage we would have a penalty and move the ball backwards instead. It appears to me that teams are stacking the line of scrimmage with no respect for the pass. Most of the second half Marlin was running 9 men in the box with the safety being the deepest defender and he was only five yards off the ball. We have got to start to complete some passes or that is what we will see all year and it will be very hard to run the ball.
I think we will continue to improve and be ready come district and the playoffs.

Congrats to the Marlin Bulldogs, they have a very good team and tremendous speed.

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2006, 11:35 AM

Congrats to the Marlin Bulldogs, they have a very good team and tremendous speed.
but apparently their bad sports:D

DaHop72
09-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
but apparently their bad sports:D Dre, it would appear that something happened for Tech to have posted what he did. I left after the boys went to shake hands, so I can't comment to anything that might have happened after that.

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I just like makin a little noise on saturday mornings when I can...its very rare that I am actually at home at my computer on a saturday morning...

DaHop72
09-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I just like makin a little noise on saturday mornings when I can...its very rare that I am actually at home at my computer on a saturday morning... :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
09-16-2006, 11:56 AM
I picked this on right on this poll....

of course i voted at 12:01 pm on sat afternoon.

Pmoney
09-16-2006, 12:06 PM
i was on the field and i didnt see anything marlin did wrong...the only possibility of what tech said happened would be when we did our alma mater and faced our stands but marlin was doing their alma mater as well....