PDA

View Full Version : Haha! Take a look at this PM I got...

KTJ
09-09-2006, 06:25 AM
You showed your age with the statement about your biggest rival. The only reason you say that is OU has beaten you 5 out of the last 6 games, including some blowouts. Ask old Horns what happened from '83-'94 in football vs. A&M (like 8 out of 11 for A&M right?). Texas has dominated lately. It goes in cycles. As you get older & gain more perspective, you will understand the big picture. And hopefully learn to appreciate what both schools offer to our great state. I stand by what I said, & no I didn't attend tu by choice. Thanks anyway. I challenge you to check your facts on ALL sports & their outcomes recently. The gap has closed significantly across the board. I fully admit football & baseball are inexcusably down, while others are flourishing. A&M's women's basketball is preseason #15 in the country, while Texas is unranked. What about men's basketball, soccer (#3 now), tennis, track, softball, volleyball, etc.? Both schools' women's track programs last year finished in the Top 10 nationally. Check the facts & recent progress before you state old numbers. I give credit where it's due, so why don't you? Those orange blinders are restricting your vision.

Hilarious.

I'm still laughing.

:D

3afan
09-09-2006, 06:28 AM
tu :rolleyes:

its like those G-P guys saying Gal Allen .... its like advertising that you're I'm jealous and have to call names

KTJ
09-09-2006, 06:29 AM
The fact that this poster can sit there and TELL ME who my main rival is and DEMAND that I believe it is downright hilarious!

You didn't go to school here. How do you know who our main rival is? Don't get mad because we don't view it like that. How many times do I have to go over this?

Your main rival should be Texas Tech. They are only 4 games back in the all-time series. They've also won 8 out of the last 11.

These arguments are really getting old. Except they seem to pop up everytime a new genius gets a computer and discovers this website. We've been through this a million times.

Txbroadcaster
09-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Well KTJ the PM is correct to a point. In that span when A&M was dominating, they were the Horns main rival. And yes it does go in cycles.

For the life of me I dont understand why Texas fans( and yes I am one and have been since i first began watching football thanks to my dad) Feel the need to say one rival is bigger than the other.

BOTH are big. Yes it is true OU has had bigger impacts in the national scene, but that does not mean the A&M rivalry has been a lesser one. ENJOY the fact we have TWO rivals that most would list as one of the top 10-15 rivalries in the nation. That is a positive not a negative.

David McWilliams is a good example..

He was 3-2 agianst OU...but only 1-4 agianst A&M, that was not good. People at that time did not care that he had a winning record agianst OU, the fact he could not beat A&M was one of his undoings.

carter08
09-09-2006, 09:34 AM
NOTHING IS REAL

Adidas410s
09-09-2006, 09:38 AM
7). Do not divulge contents of Private Messages.
Private messages are meant to be private, do not post private messages you receive in an open thread.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

carter08
09-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Private messages are meant to be private, do not post private messages you receive in an open thread.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Show some compassion :mad:

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 10:29 AM
ROM him

Gobbla2001
09-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
ROM him

Now THAT is halarious...

slpybear the bullfan
09-09-2006, 01:11 PM
"Divulging PMs" is meant to be posting a private communication (contens and sender) that you receive.

However, all content posted by yourself must follow all the other rules... so just quoting a PM without the authors name can still be an issue if the content is a problem.

Nothing meant toward this thread in particular... just addressing the question about policy.

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Thats wierd!!

injuredinmelee
09-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Hook em Horns!!!

AggieJohn
09-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

:mad: :mad: :mad: yeah
two points here

1. don't divulge pm's

2. txbroadcaster is right, a&m is your rival longterm, OU is short term

Gobbla2001
09-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah
two points here

1. don't divulge pm's

In-state Rival? Maybe, TT is about to take it over...

carter08
09-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Ohio State is UT's official Ohio Rival

sinton66
09-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Thats wierd!!

Nothing weird about it at all. Every post we see has to be evaluated based on its content. It's a judgement call by the moderator who sees it. Each of us is a different person with individual beliefs and values.

KL3
09-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well KTJ the PM is correct to a point. In that span when A&M was dominating, they were the Horns main rival. And yes it does go in cycles.

For the life of me I dont understand why Texas fans( and yes I am one and have been since i first began watching football thanks to my dad) Feel the need to say one rival is bigger than the other.

BOTH are big. Yes it is true OU has had bigger impacts in the national scene, but that does not mean the A&M rivalry has been a lesser one. ENJOY the fact we have TWO rivals that most would list as one of the top 10-15 rivalries in the nation. That is a positive not a negative.

David McWilliams is a good example..

He was 3-2 agianst OU...but only 1-4 agianst A&M, that was not good. People at that time did not care that he had a winning record agianst OU, the fact he could not beat A&M was one of his undoings.

Exactly. Thank you for shedding some light on the subject.

As for the A&M athletic program as a whole, Bill Byrne is doing amazing things. We had a very solid showing in the Sears cup standings, with 2 of the biggest sports (baseball&football) being bad. We are very solid in many sports right now, and getting better.

Rabbit'93
09-09-2006, 02:34 PM
I actually think he posted the majority of that PM in a thread somewhere.

This is growing tiresome. UT will fall off one day and all the wagoneers will be gone.

Even when that happens A&M and UT will still play every year after thanksgiving. Until then keep on Hookin' Em and Gigin' Em.:) :D

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 03:54 PM
UT will never fall off.

Adidas4I0s
09-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I actually think he posted the majority of that PM in a thread somewhere.

This is growing tiresome. UT will fall off one day and all the wagoneers will be gone.

Even when that happens A&M and UT will still play every year after thanksgiving. Until then keep on Hookin' Em and Gigin' Em.:) :D

Also...I'm pretty sure that Texas and BlowU will still be playing during the State Fair every year too! :thumbsup:

Texas-Fight
09-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Exactly. Thank you for shedding some light on the subject.

As for the A&M athletic program as a whole, Bill Byrne is doing amazing things. We had a very solid showing in the Sears cup standings, with 2 of the biggest sports (baseball&football) being bad. We are very solid in many sports right now, and getting better. Archery is a sport?:confused:

Txbroadcaster
09-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah
two points here

1. don't divulge pm's

Dont take what I said and change it..I said BOTH are LONG TERM.Both have had cycles where on team was dominant over the other..Both have been big games when conference championship, rankings and bowls mattered...They BOTH are big games when neither team has anything to play for.

Rabbit'93
09-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
Also...I'm pretty sure that Texas and BlowU will still be playing during the State Fair every year too! :thumbsup: They might play DURING the fair, just not @ the Cotton Bowl, right.;)

big daddy russ
09-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
UT will never fall off.
You must be a young 'un. The name John Mackovic mean anything to you?

carter08
09-09-2006, 10:37 PM
STOP BREAKING RULES

Buckeye80
09-09-2006, 10:45 PM
I've lived in Texas all of my life. I was raised to hate UT. I still do. I'm glad they lost tonight. There's no "Big XII" allegiance when it comes to UT for me!

The whole point of this, when it comes up, is that A&M hasn't beaten UT in 43 years, so how can you call it a rivalry. My point is that the win/loss record cannot be the only criterion for a rivalry.

Gladewater hasn't beaten Gilmer in something like 10 years, but they are still our biggest rival.

It sounds to me like someone just gloating during the glory years of one program.

wedo
09-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Im a die hard UT fan and to me they are both rivals!! But the OU game traditionally has national championship implications!! OU seems bigger b/c A&M has never really been a power house football program like Texas and OU!!!!