PDA

View Full Version : Osterman throws perfect game for Gold

Green Ranger
08-15-2003, 06:56 AM
Osterman struck out 14 in route to American Gold in the Pan American Games.

Phil C
08-15-2003, 09:06 AM
That is great news Green Ranger. Way to go CAT! We are proud of you.

Phil C
08-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Oh by the way she is the one that was snubbed by ESPN at the ESPY awards. Talk about (ESPN) having egg on their faces! :) Oh and one more question to ESPN: "WHERE'S THE CAT?"

3afan
08-15-2003, 09:51 AM
she wasn't "snubbed by ESPN" ... she just didn't happen to win that particular award. i'm sure whoever won it was deserving ... you need to get over it.

pirate4state
08-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Ok, I'll admit that at the present time I have too much time on my hands, but I had to look this up because frankly, I'm really getting tired of Phil's question to ESPN! Sorry Phil, I like you and I also agree that Cat should have won the Espy for Best Female College Athlete, but enough already!! PLEASE.

Diana Taurasi, UConn Basketball player won the ESPY. I don't like her, but hey someone at ESPN does. The other 3 nominees were, Alana Beard, Duke Basketball player, Natalie Coughlin, Swimmer & Cat Osterman. Here are their respective credentials:

DT-Led UConn to its second straight national championship, avg 26ppg. in six NCAA tournament games.

AB-Led the ACC with 22.0 ppg & the Blue Devils to an ACC record 35 victories, a second consecutive Final Four appearance, an ACC Regular Season and ACC Tournament titles.

NC-Became the NCAA's first 3-time champion in the 100 yard butterfly, 100 back, and 200 back. She owns the American and NCAA record in each of those events. In all, Coughlin broke three world, seven American, and 3 NCAA records during the 2002-03 season.

AND,

Cat Osterman-Two-time All-American left-handed pitcher Cat Osterman was one of 18 players named to represent the US at the 2003 Pan American Games in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, USA Softball announced June 16. Osterman led the nation in ERA at 0.38 & strikeouts per seven innings at 14.1 while anchoring the nation's best pitching staff with a 0.61 ERA.

I got all these credentials from the ESPN website.

SO, I think we all probably agree that Cat Osterman should have won the award, BUT she didn't, so lets just move on. OK? wink

Now, I'm off my soapbox!!! http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/animated_emoticons/emotes_r/ranting_on_your_soapbox.gif

Phil C
08-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Ok Pirate and 3A but now it is time for me to get on my soapbox because you must have missed my point. I did not criticize ESPN for CAT not winning! The winner was well deserving but she was not interviewed during the show or even mentioned. That was the snub not that she didn't win it but she was never mentioned or interviewed and she was at the awards. You are making it seem like inadvertently I am sure that I was upset that she didn't win but that was not the case. I hope I made it clear why I still say to ESPN: "WHERE'S THE CAT?" :)

By the way how about them Spurs beating the Nets in the 2003 NBA Championship! BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!

pirate4state
08-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Phil C:
I did not criticize ESPN for CAT not winning! The winner was well deserving but she was not interviewed during the show or even mentioned. That was the snub not that she didn't win it but she was never mentioned or interviewed and she was at the awards. You are making it seem like inadvertently I am sure that I was upset that she didn't win but that was not the case. I hope I made it clear why I still say to ESPN: "WHERE'S THE CAT?" :)

Ok so your not upset that Cat didn't win, but your upset that the winner didn't get TV time? I thought they did bring out all the winners at the end of the show. I mean :rolleyes: a jockey, a bowler & a fisherman were up on that stage, I think the best female athlete in college sports would have been up there.

Phil C:
Yes Ranger Mom and she was also snubbed at the ESPY awards on ESPN. She was nominated for college female athlete of the year and she was there but they didn't show her one time or mention her name after all her accomplishments and awards in college softball this year. That is why I also ask ESPN "WHERE'S THE CAT?"I found this post on another thread...so I'm sorry I still don't understand. Am I missing something?? I would assume that they didn't "mention her name or show her one time" because she didn't win?? And if they didn't "show her one time", how do you know she was there? :D

Phil C
08-15-2003, 02:38 PM
She was there. She sent some articles to the States from the Pan American Games and said she was there and had a great time even though she wasn't on tv. I watched the whole show and she was not mentioned or interviewed. Only the winner was announced.