PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas (3a) vs Barbers Hill (4a)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Looks to be a good match-up, both teams are 2-0, this game will be at Barbers Hill.
Give insight and a prediction.

gobbler grad
09-08-2006, 11:40 PM
didn't Bellville and West Columbia go at it tonight...any updates

tortilla_man
09-09-2006, 12:01 AM
bellville 42 west columbia 13

tortilla_man
09-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Game Statistics
Bellville Columbia
First Downs 10 14
Rushes - Yards 32 42
Comp-Att-Int 4 9
Passing yards 88 80
Puts-Avg 2 4
Fumbles-lost 1 1
Penalties-yards 6 7
Highlights
Bellville's defense and special teams led the way with three touchdowns. Marshall Crawford returned a fumble five yards for a score while Allan Cooper intercepted a pass for a 38-yard touchdown. Brad Harris returned a punt 62 yards for six points.

Notables
Bellville's Brandon Harris scored two touchdowns on 59 yards receiving and 146 yards on returns.

Scoring Summary
BEL-Brandon Harris 59 pass from Lane O Connor (Logan Ledbetter kick) 9:00, 1st
BEL-Marshall Crawford 5 fumble return (kick failed) 10:36, 2nd
BEL-Allan Cooper 38 interception return (run failed) 5:57, 2nd
COL-Jareth Edwards 14 pass from Jason Scott (Carlos Paniagua kick) 1:18, 2nd
BEL-Logan Ledbetter 26 FG 5:02, 3rd
BEL-Brandon Harris 62 punt return (Logan Ledbetter kick) 0:41, 3rd
BEL-Allan Cooper 8 pass from Lane O Connor (Logan Ledbetter kick) 8:38, 4th
COL-Adrian Baldridge 10 run (kick failed) 3:05, 4th
BEL-Chris Medina 5 run (kick failed) 0:57, 4th

Leading Rushers
BEL Allan Cooper 11 - 73
COL Jareth Edwards 15 - 46

Leading Passers
BEL Lane O Connor 10 - 88
COL Jason Scott 17 - 80

Leading Receivers
BEL Brandon Harris 1 - 59
COL Jareth Edwards 2 - 17

Interceptions
BEL Allan Cooper 2
BEL Lane O Connor 2

big daddy russ
09-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Bellville's gonna tear BH a new one.

BrahmaMom
09-09-2006, 12:18 AM
That's the plan. Go Brahmas, you have your assignment now.

scrub c
09-09-2006, 12:59 AM
bellville good

Bull's-eye
09-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Another good win for the Brahmas. Watching Columbia in pregame, they had very good size and lots of athletic players. Didn't think the smaller Bellville team would match up very well or have enough speed to hang with those guys. Not sure if it's coaching, discipline or just heart, but this Bellville team went out and man-handled a much bigger and more athletic opponent.

Great game by the Bellville defense. They are stopping the run and really getting after the QB. DT's Crawford and Canchola are doing a great job on the inside. WR Harris is a highlight waiting to happen anytime he touches the ball. Great night returning punts and an incredible display of running on the 59 yd TD reception.

KL3
09-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Those stats posted above are not correct, the Chronicle's website for some reason is not formatting right.

carter08
09-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Bellville reminds me of Wimberly

Big C
09-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Bellville's gonna tear BH a new one.

Dream on. Just ask Jasper how it feels to get pounded by BH's defense. The Boys in Blue are BIG and BAD.

Paratrooper
09-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Gotta go with Barbers Hill on this one.

Bull's-eye
09-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Those stats posted above are not correct, the Chronicle's website for some reason is not formatting right.

Bellville's rushing total has got to be more than 32 yards. I knew their offensive total wouldn't be too high, considering all those return yards and scores by the defense.

One thing about coach Chancellor, he will never intentionally run up the score. Bellville could of easily been in the 50's, but he started substituting reserves late in the 3rd quarter. I think the 3rd team offense scored late, led by the 4th string QB.

tigerpride_08
09-09-2006, 12:11 PM
i gotta take bellville myself...barbers hill never really impressed me when we played..

carter08
09-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i gotta take bellville myself...barbers hill never really impressed me when we played..

They won, didn't they :D

tigerpride_08
09-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by carter08
They won, didn't they :D

yes they beat us, but we hurt ourselves too so i know if we would have played like we can, we could have pulled out a win...

carter08
09-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
yes they beat us, but we hurt ourselves too so i know if we would have played like we can, we could have pulled out a win...

Good job anyway. Win last night???

Jody
09-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Out of the three preseaon games this year Bellville stuck out the most to me. Bellville has good coaching and kids that listen and carry out their assignments on the field. BH is well coached as well and we haven't quite got our Offense on track. The BH defense is awesome and is the reason we are sitting at 2-0. Last night the defense scored 9 against Jasper and for a while I though that was going to be it. I'm picking my Eagles of course,but if our Offense doesn't step up it will be tough to pull out a win. long trip for bellville to BH be safe!!!!

BH 24
Bellville 21

RBARKER
09-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Sorry the post above was from me!!! Jody stopped by yesterday and logged in and it didn't log him out.

shellman54
09-09-2006, 01:04 PM
This game scares me, even if is it being played at BH. I see a game of strength vs strength, Bellville's rushing offense against the rush defense of Barbers Hill. The only question mark going in is if BH can muster up enough offense, both on the ground and through the air, to move the ball downfield and keep our defense off the field and catch a breather. If so, I think Bh can win by 7-10. But, if we continue to struggle as we have, Bellville may wear out our defense and put it to us. Too early to predict, will have a prediction later in the week.

hereandnow
09-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville's rushing total has got to be more than 32 yards. I knew their offensive total wouldn't be too high, considering all those return yards and scores by the defense.

One thing about coach Chancellor, he will never intentionally run up the score. Bellville could of easily been in the 50's, but he started substituting reserves late in the 3rd quarter. I think the 3rd team offense scored late, led by the 4th string QB.

He probably remembers what it was like on the other end at Palacios.

hereandnow
09-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Caldwell at Bellville regular season finale could end up being a humdinger.

Bull's-eye
09-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Kind of hard to make predictions when you haven't seen the opposing team. Bellville has been playing 5-6 players on both sides of the ball. This concerns me somewhat, going against a larger school that should have plenty of depth. I'm sure BH will be bigger in the trenches, but that will be nothing new for the Brahmas. They play much like the smaller Permian teams of the past. I look for Bellville to rely on the speed of WR/KR Harris and their gang tackling style defense. Should be a good game!

tigerpride_08
09-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Good job anyway. Win last night???

we beat brazosport 33-23...

Bull's-eye
09-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by KL3

From the THSCA website:

Bellville's offense- 184 yds rushing, 88 yds passing, 146 yds on returns

Defense- 4 sacks by the defense (Abbs, Crawford, Bryant, Pawlowski) & 2 INT's (Cooper, O'Connor)

Bull's-eye
09-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Some really good hard nosed running by #35 late in the game. Like to see him get some more attempts.

MagicMan
09-09-2006, 03:56 PM
i bet bellville wins. just because they have a cooper on their team.

scotty
09-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I think that Bellville will be too much for Barber's Hill even though the Eagles look to be much larger. Speed and quickness is such a big factor in football and Bellville has that. Last week when it looked as though Sealy would be able to make some yardage, the hole closed up because of Bellville's quickness. I looked at it as Sealy's weak offense, but Friday night the Tigers picked up close to 400 yards and scored 28 points against Rice a team that is touted as being real strong in class 2A after stepping down from 3A.
Don't know what Barbers Hill has as far as an offense, but it seems as though a big ball control team that could get into the lead and control the ball would give Bellville some trouble because of their lack of size. But they better be able to keep the ball as Bellville will score and they can do it real fast. Last year's game against a real good Giddings team proved that.
I'm a bit like Bulls-eye and feel as though with as many good athletes as Bellville seems to have there shouldn't be as many kids playing both ways. Cooper played almost four quarters against Sealy and no matter how good you are, the more time you spend out there the better the chances are of getting tired and hurt.
I see Bellville with about the same amount and kind of athletes that Sealy had in the 90's when they won big and they didn't have anyone going both ways. They even had new people going in on punts and kickoff return teams. No one played two ways. Sometimes there was a kid at a position where you just didn't believe he could hold it down but somehow they did. All that participation made the mediocre kids feel very much a part of the teams success and they pleyed their butts off to not let the rest of their team and teammates down.
It looks to me as though Bellville has a real good chance at winning it all, maybe this year, and if they could ever break the ice maybe they could string together several as they seem to have a great abundance of athletes on the way.

Jody
09-09-2006, 09:21 PM
If the BH coaching staff throws the ball and the BH defense does as good as they normally do, BH will win. Bellville will NOT be able to establish a running game and if we play a 4-2 defense, they have the ability to stop the passing game. BH's biggest problem is the coaching staff's inability to identify sigle coverage and call in the correct play. I am not sure why we run a no-hiddle offense if your not going to take the defensive reads and use them. We should have beatin Jasper by 40 or more, but we failed to get the ball into the play maker's hands on the BH team. We have 2 if not 3 that can catch the ball and make BIG plays on almost any given play.

I say special teams and defense in the difference in this game and Bh wins by 7.

Bull's-eye
09-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Bellville will NOT be able to establish a running game.

I say special teams and defense in the difference in this game and Bh wins by 7.

Very bold statement since Bellville does have a very good running game. Ask anybody from Columbia about Bellville's defense and special teams. Bellville does have one of the best KR/PR in the state. Here's an article from the Houston Chronicle:

BELLVILLE 42, COLUMBIA 13

• The highlights: Bellville's defense and special teams led the way with three touchdowns. Marshall Crawford returned a fumble five yards for a score while Allan Cooper intercepted a pass for a 38-yard touchdown. Brad Harris returned a punt 62 yards for six points.

• Notable: Bellville's Brandon Harris scored two touchdowns on 59 yards receiving and 146 yards on returns

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2006, 09:27 AM
What is the best way to Barbers Hill from Bellville?

Tucson
09-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What is the best way to Barbers Hill from Bellville? get on I-10 head east, after the baytown exits you will come to 3180( the next exit after hwy 146 ), exit there and go over the overpass, you will see the school on the right side of the road about 1 mile. the stadium sets behind the junior high.
Drive Safe

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Barbers Hill is past Baytown? How far is BH past Downtown Houston? How big is the Stadium? What is the price of gas there?
Will they sell Frito Pie, with chili& cheese ?:D

Bull's-eye
09-10-2006, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Barbers Hill is past Baytown? How far is BH past Downtown Houston? How big is the Stadium? What is the price of gas there?
Will they sell Frito Pie, with chili& cheese ?:D [/QUOTE

There's a DQ off of Hwy146, what else do you need to know? :D

Bull19
09-10-2006, 02:46 PM

UR HOYT

BHtheHILL
09-10-2006, 02:59 PM
BH is about 35 miles east of down town Houston. The concession stand serves sausage on a stick & chilli cheese dogs among other things. The visitor stands hold probably close to 1,000 people. we have nice facilities, drive save & enjoy the game.

sports=life
09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Jody
If the BH coaching staff throws the ball and the BH defense does as good as they normally do, BH will win. Bellville will NOT be able to establish a running game and if we play a 4-2 defense

I think that is a very bold statment too. Im shoor BH has a very good defence and will proble stop the brahmas on many plays but u wont stop them that many times. I'm willing to bet that cooper puts up at least 100 yards rushing and if not i wouldnt doubt if they put in big #33 byron abbs and run the ball and knock the defence around. Bellville by at least 14.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
UR HOYT

I know you are but what am I!:D

Tucson
09-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Will they sell Frito Pie, with chili& cheese ?:D the cheapest gas is now is 2.21 for regular at several places on 146 and I-10

Tucson
09-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by sports=life
I think that is a very bold statment too. Im shoor BH has a very good defence and will proble stop the brahmas on many plays but u wont stop them that many times. I'm willing to bet that cooper puts up at least 100 yards rushing and if not i wouldnt doubt if they put in big #33 byron abbs and run the ball and knock the defence around. Bellville by at least 14.
:rolleyes: well just how much are you willing to lose?:thinking: :D

RBARKER
09-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Back to the top. The exit number off of I-10 is exit 800 FYI. Also Gas is down to 2.19 as of today :D . Should be a good one!!!

BH96
09-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I have kin foke that live in Bellville. It takes about 2 hours to get to BH. The Easiest way is to go down 10 but you will run into traffic at houston. The way I go is 290 into Houston to 610N loop and head toward 10 on the east side of Houston to avoid the traffic.

But about the game. This game scares me. I think and I want BH to pull it out. I am not to worried about the so called speed of Bellville for 8 out of 10 people on our defense runs 4.4 to 4.6 forty. Everyone thought Jasper would run around us cause we couldn't contain or handle their speed. But we showed them just because we are a bunch of white boys doesn't make us slow. Now what does scare me is us not be able to muster up enough offense. Dont get more wrong we will score but I dont how much. But the defense will be strong but we will see how long they stay out on field

sports=life
09-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Tucson
:rolleyes: well just how much are you willing to lose?:thinking: :D

haha thats funny. The only thing loosing will be yall...And that is a fact!!

Tucson
09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by sports=life
haha thats funny. The only thing loosing will be yall...And that is a fact!! sports=life, do you play?

strike hard
09-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Bellville by 10

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Back to the top region 3 game of the week.

EAGLETOWN
09-12-2006, 01:03 AM
The offense has been struggling but getting better.

They are going to continue to improve every week.

The defense has been tough and is continuing to improve.

BH defense will again be the difference.

BH 28
Bellville 14

BTEXDAD
09-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by BH96
I am not to worried about the so called speed of Bellville for 8 out of 10 people on our defense runs 4.4 to 4.6 forty. WOW! That would make BH probably one of the fastest teams in state.

BH96
09-12-2006, 08:08 AM
They are fast for the past 2 years they have went to state in track. BH has always won district in track. When we scrimmage WOS our QB broke one up the middle and no one from WOS could catch him.

We are fast and Jasper figured it out pretty quick.

I dont know about Bellville they might be fast 2.

If you have Dave Campbell magazine which all highschool football fans do look us up which I am sure you've done it will tell you how fast we are.

pancho villa
09-12-2006, 08:22 AM

You might have to bring your own lone star and copenhagen.

BlueBlood
09-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

It's a Baptist community.

Big C
09-12-2006, 09:53 AM
They are fast for the past 2 years they have went to state in track. BH has always won district in track. When we scrimmage WOS our QB broke one up the middle and no one from WOS could catch him.

We are fast and Jasper figured it out pretty quick.

I dont know about Bellville they might be fast 2.

If you have Dave Campbell magazine which all highschool football fans do look us up which I am sure you've done it will tell you how fast we are.

DC's magazine will also show one of BH's linebacker/DE in the top 300. GO EAGLES!!

Bull19
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
BH DONT COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THE EGGS HATCH

BH96
09-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Were not but I dont want anyone to think this is going to be a blow out or we cant keep up.

I think it will be a close fight and determination will be the key to winning this one. It will be a good game to watch.

BlueBlood
09-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
BH DONT COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THE EGGS HATCH

I think Bellville is the one counting chickens, sheep or whatever you count in Bellville.

Bull's-eye
09-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I think and I want BH to pull it out. I am not to worried about the so called speed of Bellville for 8 out of 10 people on our defense runs 4.4 to 4.6 forty.

Just think how good the defense would be if they played with the full 11 players. :doh:

Tucson
09-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Just think how good the defense would be if they played with the full 11 players. :doh:
:thinking: ya'll don't cheat and play with 11 do you?:D

Tucson
09-12-2006, 01:56 PM
gas is down to $2.17 on garth and I-10 today at racetrack

BH96
09-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
I think Bellville is the one counting chickens, sheep or whatever you count in Bellville.

Yes we do my mistake but the other 3 run 4.7 to 5.0 so I didn't want to mention them. But hey you'll will see soon enough it will be a good game

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa

This guy must be from west columbia, You were the one with the red-neck jokes? Just keep making fun of Bellville. We make our fun on the field! Bellville 42 west columbia 13.
You keep the lone star and copenhagen to yourself!

BH96
09-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Actually we dont have Lonestar we have Milwauke best light (Beast). And we do serve snuff 5 different brands.

bheagle
09-13-2006, 08:45 AM
This is going to be a toss up, both teams are pretty evenly matched. I think it will come down to turnovers, who ever has the
fewest will win. Gotta go with the Eagles in a low scoring defensive game. Eagles 21 Brahmas 17

Raider Nurse
09-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Go Bellville!!!!!!!!!!

BlueBlood
09-13-2006, 12:06 PM
GO EAGLES!

Bull's-eye
09-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Barbers Hill may have to score more than 21 points to win this game. Bellville proved last week that they can score in many different ways. Defense scored twice and the special teams also scored on a punt return. In fact, the offense hasn't really been hitting on all 8 cylinders. When they finally get rolling, this team should average in the 40's.

Bull's-eye
09-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Raider Nurse
Go Bellville!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support and good luck to the Raiders! :)

bheagle
09-13-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't think the Brahmas have played a defense as strong as the Eagles yet. The same goes for the Eagles. I seriously doubt that either team will have to score more than 21 points to win. This will be a low scoring game. Maybe a total of 40 points.

KL3
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I'll be very, very surprised if Barbers Hill holds Bellville to 21.

Bull's-eye
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Wharton had 18 first downs in their game vs BH. They ran 58 plays for 233 yds, that's an average of 4 yds per play. BH won this game 23-6, but Wharton lost 4 fumbles, had 2 passes intercepted and committed 9 penalties. What amazes me is that BH only scored 23 points while receiving 6 turnovers. The offense appears not to be putting up the big points.

From BH point of view, defeating Bellville would probably favor or have to be a low scoring defensive game. A high scoring game tends to favor Bellville. This Bellville team has the ability to run or pass and score very quickly. Most teams are good at stopping one, but not both. IF BH can do this, Bellville will then have to rely on their special teams and defense. They accounted for 21 points last week against the former #1 area 3A team.

jykoy
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I'll be at the game. Can't wait to see the Brahmas play again!

Bull's-eye
09-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by jykoy

Wear something red.

Tucson
09-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Wharton had 18 first downs in their game vs BH. They ran 58 plays for 233 yds, that's an average of 4 yds per play. BH won this game 23-6, but Wharton lost 4 fumbles, had 2 passes intercepted and committed 9 penalties. What amazes me is that BH only scored 23 points while receiving 6 turnovers. The offense appears not to be putting up the big points.

From BH point of view, defeating Bellville would probably favor or have to be a low scoring defensive game. A high scoring game tends to favor Bellville. This Bellville team has the ability to run or pass and score very quickly. Most teams are good at stopping one, but not both. IF BH can do this, Bellville will then have to rely on their special teams and defense. They accounted for 21 points last week against the former #1 area 3A team.
I dont know about those stats you have, 18 first downs seems like way too many. Wharton couldnt seem to get anything going offensively because of the defense. Jasper a much better team had 8 first downs and 29 rushes for 111yrds.

Pudlugger
09-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Bellville is formidable. BH is outstanding.
Ummmmh,

Bellville by a td:D

j_dog
09-13-2006, 06:35 PM
It won't surprise me which ever team wins. I have seen very few teams over the years that Jasper could not run outside on. BH was one of those teams. :( Good luck to both teams.

Bull's-eye
09-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Tucson
I dont know about those stats you have, 18 first downs seems like way too many. Wharton couldnt seem to get anything going offensively because of the defense. Jasper a much better team had 8 first downs and 29 rushes for 111yrds.

Took them right off the THSCA site.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2006, 09:16 PM
This game is getting many post, Could be R3 game to go see!

Bull's-eye
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
FBB, you'll finally have to drive farther than me (unless you fly). :D

RBARKER
09-14-2006, 08:37 AM
This game is getting many post, Could be R3 game to go see!

This is the game of the week:D You don't get to see action like this until November! These teams are going to put on a show!! Bellville is enjoying the best of both worlds right now with a strong D and a offense that can light up the board. BH defense is what makes them strong with an offense that is learnng ,but is starting off real slow!! The BH D will contain Bellville I have no doubts on this! The question for me is will the BH offense be able to move the ball against the best D they have lined up against??? There's not going to be a lot of flare in this game with two good defenses on the field the offenses will struggle for both teams.

PS gas is down to 2.15 :D Can't wait to see the game

BHBrave08
09-14-2006, 08:51 AM
someone (whoever started the thread) should make a poll on this thread so we can see what people think.

bheagle
09-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Just one more day!

EAGLETOWN
09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I am not impressed with either of Bellville wins.

They won big, but both teams are down.

In Sealy’s scrimmage against Giddings they got scored on like 8 or 9 times.

I also hear that WC is having a down year.

One thing everyone is forgetting is the fact that we are returning 10 on defense from a pretty outstanding team from 2005.

There is a lot of experience on that field.

Now the 10 are not always on the field, but they are we it counts.

I do not think Bellville is going to fair much better than our two previous opponents offensively.

As far as our offense goes we have definitely not been playing like we are capable of.

If and when this team gets it going they can put up so points.

If we keep playing like we are we will win by 14 or 21 points.

If our offense starts playing like they are capable of we will win by 21 or 28 points.

I am not really worried about their offense verses our defense.

BH will win that battle.

It is just a matter of how many points we can score over 21.

KL3
09-14-2006, 12:20 PM

Jykoy, I too will be making the treck to Barbers Hill.

KL3
09-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
I am not impressed with either of Bellville wins.

One thing everyone is forgetting is the fact that we are returning 10 on defense from a pretty outstanding team from 2005.

There is a lot of experience on that field.

Bellville also has a lot of experience returning, maybe the most in 3A, 9 offensive & 8 defensive returnees.

If Barbers Hill slows down the running game, Bellville will need O'Connor to perform well in the passing game.

BHBrave08
09-14-2006, 12:23 PM
The BH defense is doing very well, but before we can talk about Bellville's opponents being "weak" we have to consider that Jasper is having a down year also. If our defense plays like they have and the offense comes alive it should be a win for the Hill, but if some thing happens to either the defense or the offense BH could be in a very tough situation. As always I wil go with BH.

BH - 24
Bellville - 17

HillBoy
09-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Good luck both teams this is the first game im have been able to make but it should be a good one.

KL3
09-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Bellville 27
Barbers Hill 10

RBARKER
09-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
someone (whoever started the thread) should make a poll on this thread so we can see what people think.

Agreed!! Formerbellvillebrahma started the post. If you would FBB edit your first post and add a poll for us. Thanks!! JV and Freshman play tonight I guess in Bellville goodluck Eagles.

Bellville22
09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Bellville 23
Barbers Hill 14

HillBoy
09-14-2006, 05:15 PM
We can We will We're Barbers Hill!!! Go Eagles!!!!

Bull's-eye
09-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Bellville Freshman team won 36-6 over BH Freshman. The half time score was 30-0.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2006, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RBARKER
[B]This is the game of the week:D

Your are correct, this game will not be a easy game to win for either team, Barbers Hill has a very good team and also Bellville.
Looks to be a good match-up of 4a and 3a. Cant wait!
Bellville vs Barbers Hill, Looks to me by the post, this is the game of the week!:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Anyone want to have a 3a Downlow meeting at Half?

Bull's-eye
09-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Great test for the Brahmas! This should be a very good measuring stick on where this Bellville team stands. Best of luck to both teams!

Go Bellville!!!

Tucson
09-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Anyone want to have a 3a Downlow meeting at Half? sure at the concession stand
DRIVE SAFE

Bull's-eye
09-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Something that might of been over looked in this game is the Bellville defense. Lots of talk about the tough BH defense, but the Bellville defense has also been getting the job done. They held Columbia to an average of 2.5 yds per play and 22 plays went for no yards or less. Only one Columbia play went for over 15 yds (a 16 yd pass). To top off their performance, they scored 2 TD's on a fumble recovery & INT. Most wonder if Bellville's offense can move the ball against BH's defense, but BH may have a tough time going against the Bellville defense.

neck_94
09-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood

sheep... definitely sheep.

But this is going to be a great football game between two established programs. This matchup may come down to the "big-play" and bellville has 1 big play maker. (#5)

I say if BH can contain #5 they win.
If not bellville wins.

btw...dont punt or kick the ball to #5.

BrahmaMom
09-15-2006, 09:09 AM
The Bulls are ready for this year, I think BH is gonna be surprised. It is definitely game of the week material! Bull's Eye, that is almost to Red Mustache's stomping grounds, is he gonna come watch his Brahmas, or is it still too far a drive? Give him our best if he's there. KL3, jykoy, and everyone else: Please, please drive safely. If everyone makes it home safely, that's victory, too. GO BIG RED! Love ya, Bulls!!!

KL3
09-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
sheep... definitely sheep.

But this is going to be a great football game between two established programs. This matchup may come down to the "big-play" and bellville has 1 big play maker. (#5)

I say if BH can contain #5 they win.
If not bellville wins.

btw...dont punt or kick the ball to #5.

Harris (#5) is definately one of the most exciting players in 3A, but don't think he is the only legitamite(sp) weapon Bellville has. Neck, you guys didn't see much of Jr. RB Chaney last week b/c of his injury, but he should be getting close to 100% and is a big time playmaker in his own right. Soph. RB Nunn will improve with every game and I wouldn't be surprised to see him breakout soon.

***Not sure how I forgot about Cooper, the leading rusher on the team, who is averaging 8.4 yards a carry.

KL3
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Bellville Freshman team won 36-6 over BH Freshman. The half time score was 30-0.

Previous scores for the Bellville freshmen:

Bellville 37
Sealy 6

Bellville 36
West Columbia 0

neck_94
09-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Neck, you guys didn't see much of Jr. RB Chaney last week b/c of his injury, but he should be getting close to 100% and is a big time playmaker in his own right.

Not sure how I forgot about Cooper, the leading rusher on the team, who is averaging 8.4 yards a carry.

If you are referring to #10, I was not impressed (at all)
and #28, good player, not a big play guy, just solid.. #5 is the man on the bellville team.

good luck to bellville the rest of the way, you will have your hands full in that district this year. And once again, what a freshman class bellville has..whew..look out in the future...

my prediction, BH handles #5 and wins the game by two touchdowns.

KL3
09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Yes, Chaney is #10, and like I said, that was his first game back from a knee injury. He started last year as a Soph both ways. Although he probably wasn't that impressive last week, he performed very well at the Greater Houston Combine this summer running a 4.5 and will sign D1 next year. He is receiving letters from all over.

I agree that Cooper isn't really a threat to break 50 plus yarders on you, but it is hard to argue with 8 yards a carry. He isn't that big, isn't a burner, but he does have excellent vision & balance. A 3 year starter.

As for the game tonight, the key for Bellville is not Harris, its QB O'Connor. If he plays well, Bellville wins by 14-17 points.

RBARKER
09-15-2006, 12:04 PM
If some of you would like to meet at half time we can meet at the consession stand as someone already mentioned. It's probally best to meet on the Bellville side of the stand due to the amount of folks at the stand. Hope to see all of your there! I will be the guy in the blue BH polo shirt with a 2 year old on my shoulders:D (Future all state running back for BH) and a 4 year old at my side ( Future all state QB for BH):D :D see you at the game hope everyone has a safe trip.

RBARKER
09-15-2006, 12:06 PM

You forgot the JV score :D

Barbers Hill JV 46 Bellville 6 :D

Bull's-eye
09-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
You forgot the JV score :D

Barbers Hill JV 46 Bellville 6 :D

Didn't forget, just didn't receive the score. Looks like the varsity will have to settle the tie.

BrahmaMom, Red Mustache is going to the Tatum games. He will probably come down for the Navasota game.

AggieJohn
09-15-2006, 12:32 PM
bellville should win this one, i think that barber's hill is probably banged up from other 4A opponents

KL3
09-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Bellville's JV teams always suffer from the varsity getting almost all of the good sophmores, and they never move freshman up to JV.

Bellville22
09-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by KL3

As for the game tonight, the key for Bellville is not Harris, its QB O'Connor. If he plays well, Bellville wins by 14-17 points.

Excellent point 'KL3'. My only knowledge of BH is their score vs. a Wharton team which I wasn't impressed with, and the little I've read on this board. But judging by the talk this game is stirring up on this board, it must be a big game, and BH's defense must be for real. And like you said, I can't recall a big game where it wasn't up to the QB to step up and "not lose" a ballgame. Harris, Chaney, and Cooper will get theirs, the pressure falls on O'Connor. Sticking with Bellville 23-14, with one non-offensive score for the Brahmas.

I'll be scouting Sealy, 'KL3'. Keep me posted.

mojoman
09-15-2006, 12:59 PM
THe BH defense is pretty good. The one that stood out against us was the nose. He was an all-stater against us.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
bellville should win this one, i think that barber's hill is probably banged up from other 4A opponents

BH has not played a 4a yet.

We will meet at half, look for us in Red!:D

KL3
09-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I'll give you a call later 22.

jykoy
09-15-2006, 03:40 PM
KL3, is Ty going with you?

Bull's-eye
09-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by neck_94
and #28, good player, not a big play guy, just solid..

He may be the heart & soul of this Bellville team. I consider him one of their best players.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2006, 04:12 PM
10-10 , somebody vote and break the tie.

BH96
09-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by mojoman
THe BH defense is pretty good. The one that stood out against us was the nose. He was an all-stater against us.

We have only scrimmage a 4A team and that was Lumberton.

KL3
09-15-2006, 05:32 PM
KL3, is Ty going with you?

Yes.

Gobbla2001
09-15-2006, 05:39 PM
I just tied it by voting for Bellville... RATS, shoulda voted for BH (jk)

Eagles52
09-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Seems like some people have some crow to eat...Big Daddy Russ among others...

Bull's-eye
09-16-2006, 01:05 AM
KL3's post about QB play was on the money. First string QB had a very poor game and was replaced in the 2nd QTR. We should see next week if this is permanent.

The Hill
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
33 had a good game running the ball

big daddy russ
09-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
Seems like some people have some crow to eat...Big Daddy Russ among others...
Didn't see this until just now, but I was here for the serving on Saturday morning.... and I think I was the only one who said Bellville would roll. I don't think a single Bellville poster said so, but either way you guys shut me up.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=614275#post614275 (link)