PDA

View Full Version : UT volleyball loses to No. 2 Penn State 3 - 2 tonight

Phil C
09-08-2006, 11:04 PM
I didn't see the games but got the scores and this was a close match. It is too bad the Lady Horns lost it at home though and that the final point that won for Penn State was a service error that we could have tied the game at 14.
UT had a 2 - 0 lead but Penn State showed why they were great to come back. The points were mostly hard fought and the match could have gone either way. Both teams have young promising players that are already playing great.The scores were 30-27,30-28,28-30, 34-36. 13-15 so it doesn't get much closer than that.

Megan Hodge is a great freshman player that decided for Penn State rather than UT but I am glad we got Destinee Hooker. I wouldn't trade Hooker for Hodge any day and besides Destinee is a track star and may play basketball for us.

These are great young teams and it is possible they may play for a National Championship in the future and it should be a close one that can go either way. Let's hope it goes our way next time.

Good Job Lady Horns!

luvhoops34
09-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Phil thanks so much for posting this score and the tidbits about the match! I'm a huge volleyball fan and I try and keep up with UT as much as possible.

Phil C
09-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Phil thanks so much for posting this score and the tidbits about the match! I'm a huge volleyball fan and I try and keep up with UT as much as possible.

You are welcome luv and I have some more information from a friend that went to the game. Ironically it was our freshmen and younger players that kept us in this match as some of our older players had a off night according to him. The younger players did magnificient but he said they made a few mistakes that were costly plus most of the close calls went Penn State's way.

Still the potential is great for this team and hopefully everyone will have their act together in the playoffs and conference play.

Phil C
09-09-2006, 12:13 AM
This is Destinee Hooker in action tonight. Man I am glad she is at UT! There is no other freshmen anywhere that I would trade her for.

http://www.texassports.com/image_lib/hooker_destinee_090806_300.jpg