PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie 21 - IowaPark 7 Final

GreenMonster
09-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Edwards kid is super slippery. Hawks showed moments of how good they can be. Both teams showed their youth. Very little size for either team.

GreenMonster
09-08-2006, 10:18 PM
On a side note, it was nice to see The Great Rickadamus back in Ip even if it was only for the evening. He even brought the new g/f along. :thumbsup:

GreenMonster
09-08-2006, 10:38 PM
ttt

thewyliefan
09-09-2006, 02:41 AM
true that neither team has size.....but size doesn't alway matter though, right??:p

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
true that neither team has size.....but size doesn't alway matter though, right??:p

I don't know about Abilene but we like 'em BIG up here in Iowa Park!

Tiger Baseball
09-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Man I nailed this score in the pickem game and dangit Stang Red gave IP 3 more points...:doh:

Adidas410s
09-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Man I nailed this score in the pickem game and dangit Stang Red gave IP 3 more points...:doh:
Yeah I think somebody on our team gave me Wylie 21 IP 7 but the average didn't come out right. I'll have to double check that later. I left my spreadsheet at work again. Going to be some interesting scores this week though.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yeah I think somebody on our team gave me Wylie 21 IP 7 but the average didn't come out right. I'll have to double check that later. I left my spreadsheet at work again. Going to be some interesting scores this week though.

That was me! I also picked Monahans over Snyder last week!!! But the average reversed us.

Adidas410s
09-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
That was me! I also picked Monahans over Snyder last week!!! But the average reversed us.

I even tweaked things this week and gave "double influence" to the picks from those within the Region. From now on...I'll just go with your R1 pick. I'm just dragging the team down...

carter08
09-09-2006, 12:14 PM
i picked Wylie to win :D

vBulletin Message
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I even tweaked things this week and gave "double influence" to the picks from those within the Region. From now on...I'll just go with your R1 pick. I'm just dragging the team down...

The pressure is on now I will just start to implode. No, keep it the same way it will all even out in the end. On those playoff pickem's every year I always finish middle of the pack.

I knew that IP was very young and even against a young Wylie team I figured that IP would only score a TD and or maybe two. IP will put things together by district but they will not win it this year and will have to fight to make the playoffs.

Adidas410s
09-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
The pressure is on now I will just start to implode. No, keep it the same way it will all even out in the end. On those playoff pickem's every year I always finish middle of the pack.

I knew that IP was very young and even against a young Wylie team I figured that IP would only score a TD and or maybe two. IP will put things together by district but they will not win it this year and will have to fight to make the playoffs.

I think my pick was Wylie 21-10 or 21-14. I didn't think either team would be able to get past 21...but I figured that Wylie would make enough mistakes to give IP a few easy scores. Heck...after reading the article it should have been a shutout. IP fumbled at the goalline and then recovered and ran it in with about 20 seconds left in the game.

NDFootball
09-09-2006, 12:21 PM
0 points in the second half. Enough said

We still need work. 21-7 isn't good enough.

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 12:27 PM
I think my pick was Wylie 21-10 or 21-14. I didn't think either team would be able to get past 21...but I figured that Wylie would make enough mistakes to give IP a few easy scores. Heck...after reading the article it should have been a shutout. IP fumbled at the goalline and then recovered and ran it in with about 20 seconds left in the game.

Now now Forrest, you can't say should have been a shutout. Wylie SHOULDN"T have run the opening kick-off back and Wylie Shouldn't have scored just before the half either. This game very easily could have been 7-0 or 7-7. Just because IP was fortunate to get a good bounce on the goal line doesn't make this game a "should have been a shutout" for Wylie. The best team won last night, let's just leave it at that.

Adidas410s
09-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Now now Forrest, you can't say should have been a shutout. Wylie SHOULDN"T have run the opening kick-off back and Wylie Shouldn't have scored just before the half either. This game very easily could have been 7-0 or 7-7. Just because IP was fortunate to get a good bounce on the goal line doesn't make this game a "should have been a shutout" for Wylie. The best team won last night, let's just leave it at that.

Oh I'm not saying that Wylie didn't get breaks. For them to put up 21 pts with their current offense...it's going to take some breaks going their way. I was more saying that if you can shutout a team for 47+ mintes...why couldn't you do it for 48? :thinking: Then again...knowing Sandifer I'm sure many of the backups were already in to get some playing time.

STANG RED
09-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Sorry TB, I think I had about the same as you, but some of our teammates had IP scoring 14, so I had to do it. Good pick though.

injuredinmelee
09-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Oh I'm not saying that Wylie didn't get breaks. For them to put up 21 pts with their current offense...it's going to take some breaks going their way. I was more saying that if you can shutout a team for 47+ mintes...why couldn't you do it for 48? :thinking: Then again...knowing Sandifer I'm sure many of the backups were already in to get some playing time.

Sandifer played alot of guys in the last two possesions both offensively and defensively. The first quarter flew by and then the refs discovered they had flags in their pockets and started tossing them. the game drug on forever after that.

injuredinmelee
09-09-2006, 01:08 PM
A couple of side notes:

Was also good to see Green Monster and some of the other IP posters. COuldnt find anyone until halftime but enjoyed the game.

Both teams are very young and very small. IP had a tough time with Edwards speed but penetrated well and kept containment on him most of the night. Alot of mistakes by both teams and Wylie ended up making less. I can see the Bulldogs growing and coming together. By the time distrcit rolls around they will be ready to rumble. Saw where Frenship beat 5A Odessa High. Thats got to be a pleasant thought coming up in a couple of weeks.

The Wichita falls paper is a waste of a good tree. I couldnt believe being ten miles away and absolutely nothing in the paper friday. Not even on the weekly area schedule. What did yall do to piss of Nick Gholson? A little blurb and a picture in the sat rag but not much. Like someone I was sitting with said last night, " They only talk about us when we lose to one of the Wichita Falls School." Thats too bad.

All HAIL the Cheddars on Kell and their $2.50 margaritas. Was quite the interesting post game celebration.

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Good try IP..im ready for us to play yall should be a good one!

Odis
09-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Nick Gholson is a Mo-Ron!

The WF newspaper only cares about the Rider Raiders. In addition to no Iowa Park, I noticed that they did not send a reporter to Fort Worth for the WFHS-Everman game. Relied on the Ft. Worth Star guy for that story. Andy Screwberry was at the Windthorst game so I guess a 1A game was the best use of a reporter. Windthorst is 30 miles from WF and Iowa Park is 10, Iowa Park is 3A, Windthorst is 1A, so kinda tells you something, doesn't it. The Times Record News has been a piece of crap for years now. Very little coverage of the local players (including Duggins) in the Oil Bowl coverage this summer. They'd rather throw together some AP stories about the Rangers, Cowboys or Mavs than do any in-depth local reporting. We have some great small schools in this area. (Holliday, Electra, Windthorst, Vernon, Burk, and Iowa Park) but we all get crappy coverage. I guess I am used to it until someone else points it out.

BTW, I was pretty happy with the Hawks last night. Things are starting to look a little better. I was really worried after last week, I thought we might take a bigger loss than we did. Eliminate a few mistakes and we can be a play-off calibre team. Or of course, Wylie might not be as good as I thought they were. Anyways, these games don't count and my Hawks are always ready to rumble by the time district rolls around.

Rick, I just went ahead and drank your Natural Lights last night. I bought you a six pack and waited around at Allsups, but you never showed and I didn't want to miss kick-off.

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Odis, i think newscenter 3 was in Graham last night!

Tiger Baseball
09-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sorry TB, I think I had about the same as you, but some of our teammates had IP scoring 14, so I had to do it. Good pick though.

That was a lucky pick. I had no idea on this one. I thought wylie would win, but that was just a bingo pick. Your doing a fine job cappy.

injuredinmelee
09-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Odis
Nick Gholson is a Mo-Ron!

The WF newspaper only cares about the Rider Raiders. In addition to no Iowa Park, I noticed that they did not send a reporter to Fort Worth for the WFHS-Everman game. Relied on the Ft. Worth Star guy for that story. Andy Screwberry was at the Windthorst game so I guess a 1A game was the best use of a reporter. Windthorst is 30 miles from WF and Iowa Park is 10, Iowa Park is 3A, Windthorst is 1A, so kinda tells you something, doesn't it. The Times Record News has been a piece of crap for years now. Very little coverage of the local players (including Duggins) in the Oil Bowl coverage this summer. They'd rather throw together some AP stories about the Rangers, Cowboys or Mavs than do any in-depth local reporting. We have some great small schools in this area. (Holliday, Electra, Windthorst, Vernon, Burk, and Iowa Park) but we all get crappy coverage. I guess I am used to it until someone else points it out.

BTW, I was pretty happy with the Hawks last night. Things are starting to look a little better. I was really worried after last week, I thought we might take a bigger loss than we did. Eliminate a few mistakes and we can be a play-off calibre team. Or of course, Wylie might not be as good as I thought they were. Anyways, these games don't count and my Hawks are always ready to rumble by the time district rolls around.

Rick, I just went ahead and drank your Natural Lights last night. I bought you a six pack and waited around at Allsups, but you never showed and I didn't want to miss kick-off.

I was looking at the TRN website for high school football and it also is a huge joke. The Abilene paper goes all out for theirs.

Abilene Paper High School Site (http://gofridaynight.com)

I make fun of the reporter news for alot of things but this they did right.

injuredinmelee
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM

the opening kickoff was probably worth missing if you were wearing green.

I am not big on the IP helmets. Too generic of a logo. Wylie however was logo-less which is the tradition until district play starts.

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I was looking at the TRN website for high school football and it also is a huge joke. The Abilene paper goes all out for theirs.

Abilene Paper High School Site (http://gofridaynight.com)

I make fun of the reporter news for alot of things but this they did right.

That's just crazy Rick, the paper 100+ miles away did a much better job of covering this game than the local paper did. Sad thing is, both papers are owned by Scripps. That just shows that Wichita Falls chooses to do little or nothing to cover local and area HS football.

sweetwater07
09-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan

we are the smallest about 90% of the time...and no size doesn't matter...we showed last last night against BW.....bigger they are harder they fall

thewyliefan
09-09-2006, 07:11 PM
at least someone knows what i'm talking about