big daddy russ
09-08-2006, 09:25 PM
nm

3afan
09-08-2006, 10:02 PM
LH wins 28-15

Chris Hart
09-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Congrats to the Panthers on a great game! After both teams came out flat, the Panthers started to get rolling in the second quarter. Burnet looked alot like they did last week in the first half against Taylor, completely out of synch(sp?), but unfortunately we weren't playing Taylor this week. Liberty Hill had the team to make the Bulldogs pay for it. When Burnet finally got on the board with a FG to make it 14-3 late in the second quarter, I felt as if Burnet was about to make a run. LH's Coach Vance then made the best call yet in his series against Burnet just before the half, when on 3rd and long, but what is generally still a rushing attempt by LH, he goes for all the marbles and the Panthers executed it perfectly with a perfect pass to a wide open receiver. He was ran down and knocked out at the Burnet two yard line. The Panthers punched it in two plays later. IMO, that was the game winning play for LH, itjust killed the little momentum Burnet had finally established, and sent the Dawgs reeling again with about 1:00 til halftime. The Panthers came out and scored on their first posession of the second half to make it 28-3. Burnet finally started to get some things going early in the fourth, and eventually scored two TDs to close it out at 28-15. It hurts losing to our arch rival Panthers, but I believe it will benefit Burnet in the end. The Dawgs showed great character by never giving up(cliche), and taking control late in the game. It was just too little too late. I know they do, but I hope our boys don't feel ashamed of losing to LH after 8 straight wins against the Panthers. The Panthers are a real quality football team(may end up being their best yet). I hope tonight taught our boys that you can't make that many mistakes, or take too long to get going against just anybody. Hopefully our team can learn from this game and be better for playing it. Once again congrats to the Panthers of Liberty Hill, you guys played great.

LHPM, Please tell #74 he played awesome! I just hate that he'll be on that line for three straight years, lol. Great job!:clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
LHPM, Please tell #74 he played awesome! I just hate that he'll be on that line for three straight years, lol. Great job!:clap:
Will do, Chris! And thanks. :)

All I can say is this was one of the best games I've seen in a while. Our defense did such an incredible job and really were on fire. :eek: I think I'm at a loss for words. Way to go Panthers on the awesome win! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(BTW....# 74 said the Burnet players were very good sports the entire game. He was impressed. :) )

Ranger Mom
09-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think I'm at a loss for words.

WOW!!!:eek::eek: :eek:

That's a first!!:devil: :p

Tell "B" BIG congrats!!!!

LHMom
09-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Chris -- we all love the LH/Burnet rivalry. It once again made for a really good game. Thanks for the good words about LH. Good luck to Burnet from here on out.

TP - I'm proud of you! We love you!

Chris Hart
09-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah LHMom, we all love the rivalry too. It would be awesome if all games had the same atmosphere that this game always has. We were on the short end tonight, but enjoyed it still. I think you guys' "REBUILDING YEAR" may just turn out to be the best one yet. Good luck and we're behind you guys!:)

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2006, 12:42 AM
From Austin American-Statesman

Liberty Hill 28, Burnet 15
Panthers get first win over Burnet in seven years.
Saturday, September 09, 2006

Doug Allman scored three touchdowns and rushed for 158 yards on 34 carries, leading Liberty Hill over Burnet.

The victory was Class 3A Liberty Hill's first over Class 4A Burnet in seven years.

Allman, a junior transfer, carried the ball just five times in two years at McNeil High School. He was called upon for 15 carries in the first half alone Friday, rushing for 71 yards as the Panthers (2-0) took a 21-3 lead.

"Blocking is OK, but it's a lot more fun to run the ball," said Allman, who gained 118 yards on 19 carries last week against Waco Connally.

Burnet was limited to a 37-yard Ross Evans field goal and mustered only 57 yards in first-half offense, as the hard-charging Panthers' defense managed sacks by Dylan Holbein, Blake Mings and Kyle Crumley.

Allman's third score of the game came on the Panthers' opening drive of the second half, which took 16 running plays — 11 by Allman — to cover 75 yards and take 8:22 off the clock.

Burnet tried to rally with 7:14 left in the game. The Bulldogs recovered a Panther fumble at their own 7-yard line and on the first play, quarterback Cullen Stifflemire threw to Jacob Meyer, who flashed down the field untouched for a 93-yard scoring play.

Stifflemire connected with Cory Warner on a 56-yard scoring pass on the next Bulldog possession, but Burnet did not score again.

Stifflemire went 11 of 27 and finished with 276 yards passing. Both Jacob Meyer and Cory Warner of Burnet had 122 yards receiving on three catches each.

— Butch Hart

link (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/09/09/9burnet.html)

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I think you guys' "REBUILDING YEAR" may just turn out to be the best one yet. Good luck and we're behind you guys!:)
We don't rebuild....just reload. :cool: :)

pirate44
09-09-2006, 07:28 AM
congrats LH on a nice win:clap:

olddawggreen
09-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Congratulations Panthers! Your guys played some good hard football from start to finish. They started hammering away in the 1st quarter and never let up. I know Burnet is on the smallish side this year, but your players seem to have doubled in size since last year. Wow! I think this could be a very good year for Liberty Hill and if they continue the season the way they started it, I may may be meeting up with some of you guys at some playoff games. Congratulations!:) :)

LH Panther Mom, it was good to see you, as always, tell #74 he played a really great game, it was a lot of fun watching him. Hopefully our teams will continue to meet for years to come, its always a fun game. And hey, you guys were finally able to get the AAS to put Burnet on the front page of the sports page;)

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
LH Panther Mom, it was good to see you, as always, tell #74 he played a really great game, it was a lot of fun watching him.
You too, ODG....and will do. :)

Originally posted by olddawggreen
And hey, you guys were finally able to get the AAS to put Burnet on the front page of the sports page;)
The pleasure was all ours. :D ;)

Now, go out there and kick some butt, Bulldogs! LHPD and I will be there Oct 6....not sure if the boys will come or not.