PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Burnet Play For State???

unnamed_bdawg06
11-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Who do yall think Burnet will play for the title of State Champions?

Chris Hart
11-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Somerset
Wharton/Cuero
Sinton
Waco Connally/Jasper
Everman/Gainesville/Forney

IF they make it, those games are ALL a part of State.

Ranger05
11-11-2003, 08:37 PM
u dont even know if yall are gonna make it state or not. Anything can happen. Also anybody can win on any given day

spaniard
11-11-2003, 08:42 PM
unnamed_bdawg06:
Who do yall think Burnet will play for the title of State Champions?ive tried to hold back on this one, but...

you blockhead

Buckeye80
11-11-2003, 08:50 PM
If they make it to the final game, I believe the Jackrabbits will be there waiting on them.

BHS#1
11-11-2003, 08:51 PM
They play Somerset Saturday.

FBJones
11-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Winner of the Region 1 vs Region 2 semifinal will most likely beat Burnet. Could be a title for Forney or Everman. My pick is the Forney Cators.

3afan2K3
11-11-2003, 10:22 PM
FBJones:
Winner of the Region 1 vs Region 2 semifinal will most likely beat Burnet. Could be a title for Forney or Everman. My pick is the Forney Cators.cators?????

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2003, 10:36 PM
3afan2K3:

FBJones:
Winner of the Region 1 vs Region 2 semifinal will most likely beat Burnet. Could be a title for Forney or Everman. My pick is the Forney Cators.cators?????It's a joke....I think.

3afan2K3
11-11-2003, 10:44 PM
what makes you so sure their going to make it to state? They could lose in the first round, who knows one of those teams with a losing record might win

Rabdad
11-12-2003, 07:35 AM
We should all just stop wasting our time, and give them the trophy.
Burnet is unbeatable, the shoe-in, and the greatest.
The only reason they lost last year is because they had an unjured player...or wait...because Everman had an injured player...(I forget)

bc 76
11-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Burnet if there not careful could be there own worst enemy by being overconfident.At this stage of the season its a new ballgame and i know burnet is on a roll they have not had a bad game yet,just hope its not going to be a playoff game to have there worst game of the year.

marktaras
11-12-2003, 08:12 AM
I've seen Burnet play and I've seen 5A #1 the Woodlands play, Burnet would beat them. It doesn't matter who they play, give them the trophy now!

jason
11-12-2003, 08:24 AM
marktaras:
I've seen Burnet play and I've seen 5A #1 the Woodlands play, Burnet would beat them. It doesn't matter who they play, give them the trophy now!lol...ur kidding right???

LogieJoeBean001
11-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Yes, let's just all go ahead and give them the trophy NOW! How about if none of us even show up for any of the our playoff games. Afterall, we are all just wasting our time, right? Let's all bow down before the mighty king(s). Yea, right.....

Now that's some ........ to be that sure of yourself, and arrogant to boot. Which reminds me, it gives me something else to list on "Things that Pi$$ me OFF" thread!

footballgal
11-12-2003, 09:29 AM
LogieJoeBean001:
Yes, let's just all go ahead and give them the trophy NOW! How about if none of us even show up for any of the our playoff games. Afterall, we are all just wasting our time, right? Let's all bow down before the mighty king(s). Yea, right.....

Now that's some ........ to be that sure of yourself, and arrogant to boot. Which reminds me, it gives me something else to list on "Things that Pi$$ me OFF" thread!Ditto! LOL

olddawggreen
11-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Guys, lets get to the final first before we start worrying about who we might play. Its a long hard road to get there. And to some of you students that get on here and think the world is yours and nothing can take it away, let me tell you, you can lose it all in a flash. I know its easy to get overconfident but in real life things don't always work out the way you think they will. I believe we have the best chance of going all the way this year, if we can remain injury free. But one thing I know for sure, Coach Shipley and his coaches are not taking any thing, or any one for granted and their not letting the team take it for granted either. We have some great teams to play, the best of the best, and believe me they want the #1 spot every bit as much as Burnet does and their willing to fight hard to get it. I saw teams take Burnet for granted last year and I saw them fall. I know we are all proud of our team and excited about their accomplishments this year, but lets not jinx it. The best advice I could give my fellow Burnet fans would be to use Everman last year as an example, I don't remember them coming on here bragging, talking trash or telling every one "were the best and you can't beat us". They just worked their way through the play offs and showed up at the final to play for the championship. My motto this year is "One game at a time, take no one for granted".

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

zippy
11-12-2003, 11:17 AM
I try not to be sarcastic or pointed in my post, but as a Burnet fan, this kind of post just burns my butt. I hope the readers of 3adownlow realize that the community doesn't tolerate the few bad apples that post crap like unnamed_bdawg06 just did. As a insider, I can guarantee you that the coaching staff and athletes do not carry this same attitude. The playoffs are sudden death and no-one can afford to take no-one for granted.

One last thing, we must remind ourselves of Sinton's season last year. They came off a State runner-up season heavily favored to win it all last year and a previously unranked team spoiled their championship run. I hope this doesn't repeat itself this year.

deeone
11-12-2003, 11:31 AM
all it takes is for one of your 2 stud players to get hurt and it could be down hill from that

pirate4state
11-12-2003, 12:34 PM
zippy:
One last thing, we must remind ourselves of Sinton's season last year. They came off a State runner-up season heavily favored to win it all last year and a previously unranked team spoiled their championship run.TRUE :cool:

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
11-12-2003, 12:43 PM
We all have our predictions about who is going to make it to state, but that's just what they are...our own personal predictions. So people really shouldn't get bent out of shape over who someone else might think will make it to state and who won't. Obviously we will have to wait and see how the playoffs unravel as to who will make it to the big game because we all know that you never know what to expect in the playoffs.

CatWoman
11-12-2003, 12:47 PM
unnamed_bdawg06:
Who do yall think Burnet will play for the title of State Champions?I heard they were playing OU!

BulldogGrl64
11-12-2003, 12:49 PM
CatWoman:

unnamed_bdawg06:
Who do yall think Burnet will play for the title of State Champions?I heard they were playing OU!LOL Good one! LOL :D

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2003, 03:04 PM
CatWoman:

unnamed_bdawg06:
Who do yall think Burnet will play for the title of State Champions?I heard they were playing OU!Oh Catwoman, you just crack me up...good one!! :D HAHAHAHAHA :p

PAINTBALL
11-12-2003, 04:05 PM
CatWoman:

unnamed_bdawg06:
Who do yall think Burnet will play for the title of State Champions?I heard they were playing OU!They wouldn't do any worse then A & M.

merlin69
11-12-2003, 04:11 PM
I've seen Burnet play and I've seen 5A #1 the Woodlands play, Burnet would beat them. It doesn't matter who they play, give them the trophy now! Dude...... just dont ever talk again.

sharpie
11-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Ok..I give all the props in the world to Burnet. They are a very very good team. However, we are talking about Texas High School Football playoff style here. Burnet take it game by game. Don't overlook your opponents because once you step on that football field it is all about heart! Anyone can lose on any given day and don't think that some High School coaches can't wait to pull the upset. But I don't see Burnet getting tested until the semi-finals. Good luck Big Green!

20dawgz05
11-12-2003, 10:05 PM
nothing is guaranteed to us take it one week at a time just like the players!!!!!!!