PDA

View Full Version : so my wife was calling...

AggieJohn
09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
a student's parent the other night on her cell phone, and told the parent that if she ever need to get ahold of her, to please use this number if it was after hours(during hours she informed her to call the school)

Well yesterday when i was talking to my wife after school, she informed me that her cell phone was going off. I went to go check it and it was a TEXT MESSAGE!!!!

The mother wanted to see if her daughter could do D-hall tomorrow. All Via Text Messaging

ah, the 21st century

Adidas410s
09-08-2006, 01:02 PM
man I was really hoping this thread was just going to say "and I didn't answer!!!" :D :D :D

If it had...then you could have your man card back! :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
09-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
man I was really hoping this thread was just going to say "and I didn't answer!!!" :D :D :D

If it had...then you could have your man card back! :thumbsup:

What gives you the right to re-instate AJ's man card when you turned YOURS in??:p :wave: :crazy1:

Adidas410s
09-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What gives you the right to re-instate AJ's man card when you turned YOURS in??:p :wave: :crazy1:

cuz I'll have mine returned at about 2:00AM Saturday morning! :eek: ;) :D

AggieJohn
09-08-2006, 01:36 PM
i get to use my Man Card tonight

GreenMonster
09-08-2006, 01:54 PM
I hope Aggie Jane told her "No way" D-Hall is a punishment, it wouldn't have near the effect if it were to be served at the student's leisure. I can't believe a parent would actually ask that question. Nice parenting skills by that lady. I never would have given my cell or home number to a parent. Now the dang thing will be ringing constantly with the whiners of this generation.

AggieJohn
09-08-2006, 02:11 PM
hopefully that won't happen greenmonster

spiveyrat
09-08-2006, 03:33 PM
She'll probably never give it out again after this year.

STANG RED
09-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
She'll probably never give it out again after this year.

She's young. She'll learn.

AggieJohn
09-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
She's young. She'll learn. at this point with the class she's given she'll try anything.....she's had good response from the parents generally...

i suggested an aireal dispension of ritalin or prozac through the air ducts

Txbroadcaster
09-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I hope Aggie Jane told her "No way" D-Hall is a punishment, it wouldn't have near the effect if it were to be served at the student's leisure. I can't believe a parent would actually ask that question. Nice parenting skills by that lady. I never would have given my cell or home number to a parent. Now the dang thing will be ringing constantly with the whiners of this generation.

How do you know it is at the student's leisure, and not an issue for the parent? How is it bad parenting skills to contact the teacher via text message, which is less intrusive than calling to find out if something could be arranged? To me for the parent to actually contact the teacher BEFORE and ask is alot better than the kid skipping it, then the teacher having to track down the parent is not a bad thing.

Cameron Crazy
09-08-2006, 06:50 PM
This thread reminds me of the Outside Of the lines about coaches texting there recruits now parents are texting the teachers quite odd!