PDA

View Full Version : #24 Texas Tech vs UTEP

KTJ
09-08-2006, 12:39 PM
I like where this Texas Tech team is headed. With a new QB and Leach's system, I think he will be alright. I didn't get a chance to watch Tech's game last week but it seems like it was a chance to iron out some kinks. My only question with Tech is how does the Defense look? Will they be prepared for teams like Texas and Oklahoma?

I think UTEP will give Tech a scare. I like Mike Price and how he's brought the UTEP team to a level it's really never be en at before. Can UTEP's defense stop the Nintendo offense of Tech? Will UTEP's offense actually step up and score against a legit BCS opponent? I really want UTEP to burst onto the national scene. Unfortunately, I don't think it happens this year.

Texas Tech - 42
UTEP - 24

AggieJohn
09-08-2006, 12:46 PM
tech might sleep on this one

raider red 2000
09-08-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH 42- utep 17

Adidas410s
09-08-2006, 01:06 PM
I was pleasantly impressed with Tech's defense on Saturday. Any time that SMU started moving the ball and building momentum Tech was able to come up with a stop and keep points off the board. They did a very good job of containing the QB Willis and kept a lot of pressure on him.

The big downer for Tech was their OL. They were ok in pass protection but did have some breakdowns. The bigger letdown was in the "run game" (screens to the RB's included) where they weren't able to open up holes for the backs to run through...and it's not like SMU was stacking the box trying to force Tech to throw it either! ;) I don't can think of 1 run that the Woods was able to take to the second level beyond the LB's. He averaged 5-6 yds/carry...but that was mainly based on the Tech OL having a size advantage on SMU and being able to move the pile. However...once the backs hit the hole...they didn't get but another yard or two except for Woods having one run to the outside for about 20 yards. Against top DL's (i.e. Texas and OU), don't expect to see Tech's OL getting that type of push up front.

garciap77
09-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Upset!

UTEP 21
Texas Tech 14

NateDawg39
09-08-2006, 01:23 PM
whats a Nintendo offense?:confused:

raider red 2000
09-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
whats a Nintendo offense?:confused:

tech's O is commenly referred to as a "Playstation" offense.

like it is a video game.

AggieJohn
09-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
tech's O is commenly referred to as a "Playstation" offense.

like it is a video game. ALL OFFENSE NO DEFENSE RIGHT?

raider red 2000
09-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
ALL OFFENSE NO DEFENSE RIGHT?

who knows if there is any D in lubbock this year....i hope so.

i really hope that there is some D and some O from the Raiders in CS this year.

NateDawg39
09-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I have heard the announcer at Tech games call them the Playstation O....everyone in the crowd seemed to hate that comment

Adidas410s
09-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
ALL OFFENSE NO DEFENSE RIGHT?

a lot more defense than can be found in College Station! :thumbsup:

raider red 2000
09-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
a lot more defense than can be found in College Station! :thumbsup:

your the man.

:clap:

RMAC
09-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah, whatever happened to the WC? They just died one day and have yet to come back to life. Even though I don't much care for ATM, I do think the "Crew" will reemerge someday, just don't know when. But Fran has steadily progressed since he began and who knows, maybe this year or next will be when ATM's defense is again fear by offenses.

GreenMonster
09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
63-42. UTEP will trade scores with Tech for a while before Tech pulls away. UTEP is Tech 5 years ago. Plenty of scoring ability but no defense whatsoever.

tmac
09-08-2006, 11:49 PM
tech will destroy utep younger palmer will shine tho

Bulldog_12
09-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Yeah, whatever happened to the WC? They just died one day and have yet to come back to life. Even though I don't much care for ATM, I do think the "Crew" will reemerge someday, just don't know when. But Fran has steadily progressed since he began and who knows, maybe this year or next will be when ATM's defense is again fear by offenses.

The crew never left, they just moved into Reed Arena.:D