PDA

View Full Version : When do you say Enough...

Tha Phantom
10-28-2002, 09:10 AM
When do you say enough, I have been watching a new coach come into our school that has no respect for some good athlete's but, play's his favors knowing that these boys bust their butt day in and day out at practice and when they get to play in the game they look and show a lot more telent then the boys he's playing. I heard that the head coach just turns his head when the boys talk about it this problem ..
Should this be taken to a higher level???
No bad respect to the coach but, someone needs to set him down and talk to him or send him on his way....

cajun1
10-29-2002, 09:02 AM
I know where your coming from phantom I am kind of dealing with the same problem and I am at a point what do I do? My son is very up-set due to some of the samethings and he has been playing ball for a long time but, I tell him to hang in there and maybe all of this will work out.
As a perent it is very hard to set back and watch this happen because if you do say something then it makes it harder on your kid...
I kinda had the same problem with my older kid but, he is loving it in college and he is playing a big part there.. SO TELL WHO EVER IT IS TO HANG IN THERE BECAUSE ALL COACHES ARE NOT LIKE THAT!!!
:cool:

buffalo booster
10-29-2002, 10:09 AM
I have always believed that things don't "get better" on their own. Unfortunately, sometimes things get worse...

I would suggest that a parent should speak up and, if necessary, go to a higher level. Coaches work for us. As citizens, we elect the school board, who hires the superintendent and in turn, the AD and the coaches. As taxpayers, we pay their salaries.

I realize that there are many parents who believe that their kid is better than somebody else's kid. (Hell, we're parents, what do you expect?) But, I have also seen situations in which some coaches have apparently played or not played kids for "personal reasons."

As I said above, things usually don't get better on their own. I would speak to the coach, AD, superintendent, or anybody else that I believed could correct the problem.

snotbubble
10-29-2002, 02:05 PM
As a parent I understand standing up for your kid. As a coach, I would rather a parent come to me first, rather than jumping in at the board or Superintendent level. I think I am open minded enough and mature enough to handle that. I also think I possess enough communication skills to illuminate the parent as to why the student is being played/not played. etc. Students perception, parents perception and coaches perception are all very different animals.

Tha Phantom
10-31-2002, 03:12 PM
Thank yall for answering my question, I fell at this time that we will ride this storm out and see how the season ends? I have talked to the Head coach and he talked a good game so we will see for now what happen's...
Good Luck to all of you...