PDA

View Full Version : Most Acrimonious Threads...

Bullaholic
09-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Which threads seem to create the most "acrimony" on the board?

carter08
09-07-2006, 06:08 PM
The Poltical ones are trouble

Maroon87
09-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Whichever ones hereandnow posts on.

carter08
09-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Whichever ones hereandnow posts on.

I agree

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Did you allow "multiple" choices, Bull? :D

3ABirdMan
09-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Um, does this have anything to do with what you pay your ex-spouse after a divorce? What's that got to do with ANY of the choices?:confused:

footballgal
09-07-2006, 08:58 PM
I could quickly tell you, if I knew what acrimonious meant. :D But, going by the context clues, I would have to say, add another choice with all of the above. They all seem to end up in heated discussions.

Bulldog_12
09-07-2006, 09:00 PM
I think the political ones are the most heated, because everyone can get in on them. Everyone has opinions on the way this country is run. The A&M, texas threads are reserved for a smaller group. Ags and horns are the only ones who can truly get into it in those arguments.

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2006, 09:07 PM
As far as which of the three are more heated..Political...Which of the three can take over a thread that has NOTHING to do with the subject in anyway. Sweetwater/Snyder

My example of this( a Made up thread just to give an example)

Thread title: A wonderful day in West Texas

Subject: Oh man I was driving to work today and what a beautiful sunrise I saw..made me smile

RM response: Yes it was

a Sweetwater fan response: It was amazing, it was prettier here than in Snyder.

A Snyder fan: Yea..how about that kicking for Sweetwater.

and so on and so on and so on

SintonFan
09-07-2006, 09:17 PM
lol
Someone made a mention of how the Sinton/GP thread was this weeks Sweetwater/Snyder and I could cut the tension with a butter knife.:crazy1:

Phantom Stang
09-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
As far as which of the three are more heated..Political...Which of the three can take over a thread that has NOTHING to do with the subject in anyway. Sweetwater/Snyder

My example of this( a Made up thread just to give an example)

Thread title: A wonderful day in West Texas

Subject: Oh man I was driving to work today and what a beautiful sunrise I saw..made me smile

RM response: Yes it was

a Sweetwater fan response: It was amazing, it was prettier here than in Snyder.

A Snyder fan: Yea..how about that kicking for Sweetwater.

and so on and so on and so on
I never got a chance to see any of the UT/aTm threads that got deleted recently, but when folks were talking about them, Txbroadcaster's name kept popping up.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I never got a chance to see any of the UT/aTm threads that got deleted recently, but when folks were talking about them, Txbroadcaster's name kept popping up.:thinking:

That was a different animal all together. First off it was not a UT/A&M thread, it was about the Brown situation. It boiled down to one person saying Texas had the most arrest of any school. I said no and listed some schools with as many or more.

He said prove it with a list or links. I did with many links. He then started saying I showed no proof because I did not create a list. It became a run around between us.

It never got personal between US, others on the thread did.