PDA

View Full Version : New Forums?

KTJ
09-07-2006, 12:00 PM
What was the final decision about adding new forums to the 3ADL?

carter08
09-07-2006, 04:40 PM
I like how it is. More is confusing

DaHop72
09-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I like how it is. More is confusing POST PADDER:mad: :mad:

carter08
09-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
POST PADDER:mad: :mad:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
09-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
What was the final decision about adding new forums to the 3ADL?

There is someone working on it as we speak...umm...type!!

Carter08, you will like it, it's not in the least bit confusing....when I first joined the board, the region pages were there....they were full of GREAT information!

WAIT!!! What do you mean "new forums"KTJ??....I just assumed you were talking about the region pages we used to have!!!!

carter08
09-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I like it all in one forum. Will it be like Region 1, 2, 3, 4, and, and you can quote me, The Worlds Greatest BS Forum

KTJ
09-08-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm talking about adding a new forum like "General Topics" or "Entertainment" or "College Football" or something like that/those.

Ranger Mom
09-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'm talking about adding a new forum like "General Topics" or "Entertainment" or "College Football" or something like that/those.

Nope.....it will never happen! It has been voted on time and again....the majority want all one board!

It's a BONDING kind of thing!!:p

kepdawg
09-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

It would be so nice, but as Ranger Mom said it ain't happening!

Emerson1
09-16-2006, 01:06 PM
I don't see them adding a forum for every popular topic discussed.

Old Tiger
09-16-2006, 01:46 PM
What will the new forum's name be?

Cameron Crazy
09-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'm talking about adding a new forum like "General Topics" or "Entertainment" or "College Football" or something like that/those. Sounds great!!

Ranger Mom
09-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It would be so nice, but as Ranger Mom said it ain't happening!

The 4A board started out like that......it didn't take them long to realize it WAS NOT working.

After they went back to the basic format we have here, traffic started picking up!!

kepdawg
09-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The 4A board started out like that......it didn't take them long to realize it WAS NOT working.

After they went back to the basic format we have here, traffic started picking up!!

I know, I know. I have no doubt it would work fine here because of the large number of established posters who aren't afraid to speak up and jump right into things football or not. I understand why it will not be done, but it would work great here.

slpybear the bullfan
09-17-2006, 03:37 PM
I help mod another board where it is set up with a series of forums for every piddling sport, topic, interest out there. It starts off with everyone posting in one forum and the administrators having to move the threads to the correct forums... (cause everyone likes to use the same forum). It ends with the administrators just letting it go and becoming more confusing than ever.

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2006, 11:13 PM
so whats up with the regional pages?

Ranger Mom
09-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
so whats up with the regional pages?

what do you mean??

SintonFan
09-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

lol
I know. Those 3 or 4 posters back then(on the 4A board) really ruined it for all of us. :D

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 11:58 AM
i think the region thing will get very confusing but we will get use to it

Hindsight2020
10-06-2006, 09:30 AM
I get tired of searching through all the threads looking for actual 3A football stuff.

The forum is called "3A football discussion."

How about leave it like it is and then make another forum called "Off-topic."

Emerson1
10-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Because it's fine the way it is.

Whatever happened to getting a website with region pages and stuff like that like it used to be?

sinton66
01-01-2007, 09:56 PM
It's on hold for now.

88bobcats
01-02-2007, 11:17 AM
I agree with Hindsight.....the region-based forums might be too busy and confusing; but I would like to see a forum for actual sports talk, and a separate forum for "off-topic"/"other" stuff like cut feet, lost girlfriends, who did what on New Year's Eve, et cetera.

And block carter08 from the sports forum:devil:

carter08
01-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats

What did I do to you

sinton66
01-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
I agree with Hindsight.....the region-based forums might be too busy and confusing; but I would like to see a forum for actual sports talk, and a separate forum for "off-topic"/"other" stuff like cut feet, lost girlfriends, who did what on New Year's Eve, et cetera.

The regional pages they are referring to are not forums. There wasn't any way to respond to what was said there. They were present on our original homepage and consisted of a regional co-ordinator's predictions, games of the week, players of note, etc. We have been trying for sometime to get that going again.

As for seperate forums, we've voted on this several times, and an overwhelming majority of our members prefer it as it is now. And Slpybear is correct, we would simply spend a LOT of time moving topics to the correct forum.