PDA

View Full Version : UT Crowd (College Football)

Phil C
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Hey you all isn't that beautiful right there? Hook 'em!

http://www.texassports.com/image_lib/fb_fans_090706_400.jpg

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey you all isn't that beautiful right there? Hook 'em!

http://www.texassports.com/image_lib/fb_fans_090706_400.jpg

find the drunk guy....
and find Chuck...

Texas-Fight
09-07-2006, 10:58 AM
I hope it's louder than loud Saturday night!

JHS_c/o_06'
09-07-2006, 11:46 AM
even though i was there last saturday....i didnt really feel comfortable singing the school song and all that stuff since i didnt get in and had to settle for UTSA. But...if i can keep a 3.2 this year...ill be the guy next year on tv with the burnt orange speedo and the rest of my body painted orange....lol. When the band started playing The Eyes Of Texas...im not going to lie to you...it kind of sent chills down my back.

KTJ
09-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
even though i was there last saturday....i didnt really feel comfortable singing the school song and all that stuff since i didnt get in and had to settle for UTSA. But...if i can keep a 3.2 this year...ill be the guy next year on tv with the burnt orange speedo and the rest of my body painted orange....lol. When the band started playing The Eyes Of Texas...im not going to lie to you...it kind of sent chills down my back.

You should have heard us sing it at the Rose Bowl this year.

Bulldog_12
09-07-2006, 11:52 AM
...it kind of sent chills down my back.

It wasnt the song that sent the chills, it was the disease you caught from standing next to all those dirty hippies.

:D

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
It wasnt the song that sent the chills, it was the disease you caught from standing next to all those dirty hippies. :D

Hahaha, wow, I have been laughing about that for a few minutes now. hahaha

BMOC
09-07-2006, 12:18 PM
That was funny.:clap: :clap:

JHS_c/o_06'
09-07-2006, 12:25 PM
It wasnt the song that sent the chills, it was the disease you caught from standing next to all those dirty hippies.:D

well id much rather go back there and catch a disease then go back and stand with 80 thousand mindless, yelling morons like i did later that night

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2006, 12:27 PM
well id much rather go back there and catch a disease then go back stand with 80 thousand mindless, yelling morons like i did later that night

humpin away?

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:27 PM
where did you do that???

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
where did you do that???

midnight yell

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:32 PM
yea, I know, it was a joke. I dont know why you would prefer catching diseases to it though.... i mean its your call

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2006, 12:32 PM
yea, I know, it was a joke. I dont know why you would prefer catching diseases to it though.... i mean its your call

id rather catch a disease than get humped by some random guy who thinks its okay to grab a girl and randomly make out with her.

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:35 PM
get humped by some guy? If you want to get humped by a guy, you dont go to ATM, you go to Austin. and i havent seen any random girl grabbing in the past few years.

KTJ
09-07-2006, 12:37 PM
get humped by some guy? If you want to get humped by a guy, you dont go to ATM, you go to Austin. and i havent seen any random girl grabbing in the past few years.

^^^

Torbush.

And this thread has gone downhill, fast.

Guys hump guys in Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University in both the physical and metaphorical way.

Sqeeze Ags!

HOLD!

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Are you serious? The percentage of gays is way higher at UT. ATM is a very conservative school, you dont see very many gay people in college station.

Phil C
09-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Are you serious? The percentage of gays is way higher at UT. ATM is a very conservative school, you dont see very many gay people in college station.

LET'S BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!! :mad:

JasperDog94
09-07-2006, 12:43 PM
An interesting comparison:

Texas has more gays as a percentage of their school's population, however you'd never know it by going to a football game.

A&M has a fewer gays as a percentage of their school's population, however you'd never know it by going to a football game.

JasperDog94
09-07-2006, 12:44 PM
LET'S BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!! :mad: never

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Haha, ok, that was kinda funny, but Im not sure which one yall are all complaining about. guys making out with girls, or the "supposedly" gay people there.

Phil C
09-07-2006, 12:45 PM
IT IS GOOD TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

JasperDog94
09-07-2006, 12:46 PM
IT IS GOOD TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad: then why are you so mad?:)

KTJ
09-07-2006, 12:46 PM

I never said a word. But you, among other fans of your school, act as if there aren't any gay people at A&M whatsoever.

And to imply that the percentage of gays at UT is "really high" doesn't really make much sense. Do you know that for a fact? Gays in the city of Austin is much higher because it's a metropolitan city. Naturally speaking...

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh no, there are some gay people at ATM, but not very many. And yes, I do know for a fact that the percentage of gays at UT is much higher than the national average(my friend and I looked it up because we were having this argument).

pirate4state
09-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
find the drunk guy....
and find Chuck...

Is this the Chuck you were looking for?? I know it isn't exactly a close up, but he is talking to the DPS trooper. I'm shocked to see Chuck not wearing boots??? :eek: :eek:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/chuck.jpg

Pirate66
09-07-2006, 02:37 PM
how about these for some crowds,

red, white and blue out after the attacks of 9-11
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/joebob94/090902rwbstadium.jpg

maroon out

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/joebob94/maroonout99-sm.jpg

and a pic off my phone from last saturday, you cant really get the feel of it because i was in the student section which is where the really big crowd is
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/joebob94/0902061944a.jpg

and no this isn't meant as a bash i just wanted to show off some pics of an aggie crowd

Bulldog_12
09-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Wow, I didnt mean for my jab to start all of this.

And BTW JHS, didnt you tell me you were thinking of transferring here next year?:thinking:

WestTXLonghorn
09-07-2006, 03:50 PM
THe percentage of sheep humpers is astronomically higher at ATM than.....oh wait, I didn't say that.;)

JHS_c/o_06'
09-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Wow, I didnt mean for my jab to start all of this.

And BTW JHS, didnt you tell me you were thinking of transferring here next year?:thinking:

as a third string fall back plan

g$$
09-07-2006, 08:53 PM
For the guy who admitted he could not get into Texas, settled for UTSA, & went to the Horns game last weekend: if the Eyes sent chills down your spine, doesn't that make you a t-shirt fan?

The only difference between t-shirt fans & bandwagon fans is bandwagoners change allegiances more often.

Take a joke buddy. And when "your" coach has to beg fans to "wear orange, come early, & stay late" then you NEVER have the right to hate on a school with spirit & loyal fans. And "keep Austin weird" for us too please. It just adds to the pervading hippie culture. There's nothing wrong in "humpin' it" with coeds last time I checked either. You might try the heterosexual lifestyle, it's fun.

If you think Ags sing about hating Texas in the Hymn, you might want to check the words in the 2nd line of Texas Fight ("And good-bye to A&M"). It goes both ways fella & it's all in good-natured rivalry fun.

And don't even get me started on the new scoreboards. The one in Austin is huge, but it looks unfinished & like a struggling NASCAR with a fireworks stand on top. It is nothing but a huge billboard & they don't even use the whole screen for replays. $8 million well spent huh? A&M's may be slightly smaller (by choice), but it is 1st class, aesthetically pleasing, matches the brick buildings around it, & the ribbon boards / new sound system kick butt too. Even rational Horns have said so & they have complained vehemently about theirs all week. Plus Learfield Communications paid every cent for A&M's upgrades. Nice going DeLoss Dodds.

And before you ask, I was accepted to both schools. Thanks.

WestTXLonghorn
09-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
For the guy who admitted he could not get into Texas, settled for UTSA, & went to the Horns game last weekend: if the Eyes sent chills down your spine, doesn't that make you a t-shirt fan?

The only difference between t-shirt fans & bandwagon fans is bandwagoners change allegiances more often.

Take a joke buddy. And when "your" coach has to beg fans to "wear orange, come early, & stay late" then you NEVER have the right to hate on a school with spirit & loyal fans. And "keep Austin weird" for us too please. It just adds to the pervading hippie culture. There's nothing wrong in "humpin' it" with coeds last time I checked either. You might try the heterosexual lifestyle, it's fun.

If you think Ags sing about hating Texas in the Hymn, you might want to check the words in the 2nd line of Texas Fight ("And good-bye to A&M"). It goes both ways fella & it's all in good-natured rivalry fun.

And don't even get me started on the new scoreboards. The one in Austin is huge, but it looks unfinished & like a struggling NASCAR with a fireworks stand on top. It is nothing but a huge billboard & they don't even use the whole screen for replays. $8 million well spent huh? A&M's may be slightly smaller (by choice), but it is 1st class, aesthetically pleasing, matches the brick buildings around it, & the ribbon boards / new sound system kick butt too. Even rational Horns have said so & they have complained vehemently about theirs all week. Plus Learfield Communications paid every cent for A&M's upgrades. Nice going DeLoss Dodds.

I didn't read much of this drivel. . .but you're trying to compare ATM to UT? Wow....

The Godzillatron needs work, but it should considering it is state of the art and basically one of a kind. Meanwhile, ATM athletics in going down the tubes across the board. While there might be some crap about ATM in the fight song, UT fans long ago gave up considering ATM a legitimate rival. Now they are just the local retard you make fun of when you're bored.

Also, UT ranked 1st I believe in revenue last year in the whole NCAA so I think we have enough money to do whatever we please.

KTJ
09-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Home of the Moral Victory

SintonFan
09-07-2006, 11:02 PM
It wasnt the song that sent the chills, it was the disease you caught from standing next to all those dirty hippies.

rofl:D

Bandera YaYa
09-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$

And before you ask, I was accepted to both schools. Thanks. ..aesthetically pleasing?? ...matches the brick buildings around it?? Is this a decorating contest???Whoa there!!....But, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder...let each school be proud of their new scoreboard and FYI, NO ONE knows the exact number of gays at their school.....geewillagers!!!! PEACE OUT!! :D :D :p

WestTXLonghorn
09-08-2006, 12:17 AM
I love how everytime someone wants to bash Austin or UT they talk about the "gay population".

My brother goes to college in Abilene and he tells me that there are a HUGE amount of gay people there. They go hang out at the IHOP at like 2 in the morning or something.

I think the big difference is, in Austin we believe in free speech and letting people utilize their rights. I'm sure there are some wonderful people down at college station that would want to stage a Gay Pride rally. . .just they know they'd get shot or something by all the cult members before they got to finish their parade.

I have no use for homosexuals, but I sure don't want to say they don't have rights, etc. and use them in an argument as why another school sucks or something. That's lame.

Bandera YaYa
09-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Well put!! IMHO, the corp at A&M is SCARY!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

g$$
09-08-2006, 01:54 AM
If you considered it "drivel", then why the need to respond ASAP? Godzillatron is not one of a kind - it is the biggest right now- & you know it. The features on all these new boards are virtually the same across the country. Until further notice, that billboard in Austin is UGLY & not even functioning at full capacity. You said it needed work, & I agree. The revenue thing is right as your school won the football NC & sold lots of merchandise. Congrats. I respect Texas as a fine school, have family there now, & Horn grads in the family too. That does not mean it is holier than thou. Both schools have faults.

A&M owned Texas when I was in school. It goes in cycles. Admittedly, A&M football is down right now & no one is happy about it. Fran is on the hot seat & better produce. But don't act like OU is now your biggest rival. It's big, no doubt, but your in state rival in athletics, funding, facilities, & everything else is & always will be A&M. And yes, the way something looks matters too, like the scoreboard fitting the stadium's surroundings. When A&M went to turf in the early '70s, Texas followed suit. When Texas went to grass in the mid '90s, A&M followed suit. It happens in everything. Don't kid yourself.

In athletics, football & baseball at A&M are rebuilding. Women's sports are flourishing (like soccer #3 in country). It is inaccurate to say A&M's are going down across the board. Check your facts on that - just look at basketball last year in men's & women's, look at track, tennis, etc. Softball was tied 2-2 on year. Texas is known for being good all-around, & A&M has made great strides in basketball & other sports. So it is tit for tat, back & forth, across the board. Academically, Petroleum Engineering at A&M is ranked the best program in the world, & Texas has a better Liberal Arts program. Both Business schools are top-shelf. So you can compare all day long. Both schools were built on certain principles & a rivalry is a good thing. It's a lot more fun when both are good. Don't make it personal by taking shots. My original point was directed at t-shirt fans or people who jump on the bandwagon. I find those people laughable & always will. A true fan is there good times & bad, doesn't boo college kids, & doesn't leave early. Take care.

KTJ
09-08-2006, 06:23 AM
1.) You don't go to school at Texas. Therefore, you cannot tell me who our rival is. Our main rival is and will always be Oklahoma.

2.) It's funny how A&M fans get mad that Texas doesn't take the rivalry as seriously as they do. Are you a rival? Oh, of course. Are you the main rival? That answer is NO.

3.) If it was "back and forth across the board" then this stupid LoneStar Showdown would be more competitive and the scores wouldn't be 14.5-4.5 and 14-5, etc.

4.) This topic is getting really old.

5.) OU sucks.

6.) I'm up really early and will be tailgating really early tomorrow, I think.

7.) It's 6:21 a.m. and OU still sucks.

g$$
09-09-2006, 02:28 AM
You showed your age with the statement about your biggest rival. The only reason you say that is OU has beaten you 5 out of the last 6 games, including some blowouts. Ask old Horns what happened from '84 - '94 in football vs. A&M (like 10 out of 11 for A&M right?). Texas has dominated lately. It goes in cycles. As you get older & gain more perspective, you will understand the big picture. And hopefully learn to appreciate what both schools offer to our great state. I stand by what I said, & no I didn't attend tu by choice. Thanks anyway. I challenge you to check your facts on ALL sports & their outcomes recently. The gap has closed significantly across the board. I fully admit football & baseball are inexcusably down, while others are flourishing. A&M's women's basketball is preseason #15 in the country, while Texas is unranked. What about men's basketball, soccer (#3 now), tennis, track, softball, volleyball, etc.? Both schools' women's track programs last year finished in the Top 10 nationally. Check the facts & recent progress before you state old numbers. I give credit where it's due, so why don't you? Those orange blinders are restricting your vision.

Arguing over the internet is kinda like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. Have a good time & try to stay out of jail or passed out on I-35 w/ tu football players this weekend. And Texas better run the ball to have a chance vs. Ohio State. Should be a great game.

Diocletian
09-09-2006, 05:31 AM
funny thing about Texas is that they have 1 big rival......A&M the funny part is that there is 5-6 other schools that see their game with Texas as "their" biggest rival game lol.......so talk all you want about OU, TT, TCU we all know having grown up in texas your either an aggie or a horn

WestTXLonghorn
09-09-2006, 05:41 AM
Also. . .Texas owns every matchup with any team they've ever faced w/ the exception of maybe Notre Dame who we've only gotten to play a few times. We lead the all-time series with OU by a bit. The all-time series against ATM. . .they've had to play us 10 times a year and win them all for a decade to catch up.;)

g$$
09-09-2006, 05:50 AM
Good point Diocletian. And what also matters is who is on top at that given time. Whoever has the bulls-eye on their back suddenly becomes a "big rival" it seems. Nobody cared about OU when Gary Gibbs & John Blake struggled mightily to uphold that program's tradition. Texas is deservedly on top right now & how they handle that pressure will tell their tale. Getting there is hard enough, & staying there is even harder. Esp. when the big lights come on & your top 2 qbs are a redshirt freshman & a true freshman. Both are talented but untested. See what happens...& not just vs. Ohio State but all year.

KTJ
09-09-2006, 06:23 AM
The fact that you think that, and the fact that you get mad cause UT doesn't consider A&m it's "main rival" shows that you have no collective clue about UT's program.

Your posts are hilarious and border on delusional.

g$$
09-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Who's delusional? Might want to check record books before popping off about stufff you have no clue about:

Texas vs. Texas A&M all-time series record in football:
Texas leads 73-34-5 (difference of 39, not 10 x decade West Tx, but maybe math is an issue for you since you said: "they've had to play us 10 times a year and win them all for a decade to catch up." --Grammar lesson too??

Let's go back 20+ years:
Since 1984:
A&M = 12 wins
Texas = 10 wins

from 1984 - 1994 = A&M won 10 out of 11 games
including 6 in a row from '84 - '89
& 4 more in a row from '91 - '94

Texas has now won 6 in a row from 2000 - 2005

Others of note since West TX brought it up:
Texas vs. Notre Dame all-time = 2-8
Texas vs. Penn State = 2-3
Texas vs. Vanderbilt = 3-8
Again West Tx, your math is really horrid. Mix in a tutor maybe.

Some of you like to revise & rewrite history. Texas has the upper hand in the series, while A&M has won more over the past 22 years. Texas has dominated lately. Mack Brown has exactly one conference championship in his coaching career (& 1 NC). Texas could not even sell out Memorial Stadium during the mid & late '80s buddy. From Royal to Brown, they went thru 3 coaches (Akers, McWilliams, & Mackovic). So crawl back into your orange hole & digest those numbers. You're way out of your intellect & league here. Put on your t-shirt & have a great day.

g$$
09-09-2006, 06:52 AM
By the way KTJ & West TX, I am still waiting on your reply to the post about all sports at both schools recently. You sure seem quiet - or maybe not smart enough to know more than just football of late. And your numbers on that are skewed too. Broaden your horizons & see the big picture for once in your sheltered life. And your "delusional" post made no sense with nothing factual to back it up. Young & dumb maybe. Texas is a powerhouse & better than A&M right now, but the gap in the OVERALL programs is NOT what you have made it out to be.

We are each other's biggest rivals, get used to it. OU just seems that way to a 20 year-old kid because A&M has been down lately in football. But it goes way deeper than football, even though in your lifetime to date, A&M has beaten Texas more times head-to-head! You're done, thanks for playing.

TMer25
09-09-2006, 08:50 AM
I would say OU is our most hated rival, not necessairily our biggest. My freshman year at UT was the year of the bonfire tragedy at A&M. Being Texas was the first school to send students there to offer assistance, I think some of the dislike between the 2 schools dissipated. Everyone kind of realized we're all from the same state, and it lost some of the hatred between the 2 schools.

Emerson1
09-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by g$$

It might look better, but after aggy fans calling Texas' board adzillatron, it was hilarious reading so many complaining about ads going during gameplay and yell leaders standing idly while ads were blaring during timeouts.

Emerson1
09-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Texas could not even sell out Memorial Stadium during the mid & late '80s buddy. From Royal to Brown, they went thru 3 coaches (Akers, McWilliams, & Mackovic). So crawl back into your orange hole & digest those numbers. You're way out of your intellect & league here. Put on your t-shirt & have a great day.
A&M can't even sell out Kyle field today,

WestTXLonghorn
09-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$
By the way KTJ & West TX, I am still waiting on your reply to the post about all sports at both schools recently. You sure seem quiet - or maybe not smart enough to know more than just football of late. And your numbers on that are skewed too. Broaden your horizons & see the big picture for once in your sheltered life. And your "delusional" post made no sense with nothing factual to back it up. Young & dumb maybe. Texas is a powerhouse & better than A&M right now, but the gap in the OVERALL programs is NOT what you have made it out to be.

We are each other's biggest rivals, get used to it. OU just seems that way to a 20 year-old kid because A&M has been down lately in football. But it goes way deeper than football, even though in your lifetime to date, A&M has beaten Texas more times head-to-head! You're done, thanks for playing.

Did I say in the past 20 years? Or in the past 10? No. I said the ALL-TIME series you flaming idiot.

Texas A&M 1894 2005 73 34 5

That's what matters here, doesn't it?
Go check the charts fool. . .which team in the land owns the 3rd most amount of wins all-time in college football? Yeah, they wear burnt orange.

Also, I admitted there were a few football teams that owned a lead on us because we rarely played them, thanks for verifying that. Go crawl back into your cultlike hole somewhere and be happy if your team wins 5 this year. Also, I think I'm the one that holds the intellectual edge here since I attend UT. Ouch. Buh-bye!

P.S. In reference to ALL sports. . .Texas has 45 championships and counting. When ATM was actually winning against UT it turns out they were cheating and violating the NCAA rules. That's no fun.

Not to mention we own every other school in Texas with the exception of Rice in the smarts department as well. Always nice to see cult-members whip out obscure stats and make references to a small portion of UT's history to try and make their own school/team look a little better. Face it, every school and team in Texas compares itself to who? THE University of Texas @ Austin.

Sorry to be slamming you so bad on this, man. I understand that the whole Aggsy mindwashing program can severely keep you from thinking properly. Get outta there man. Run! Get free before it consumes you!

Anyway. . .bout to leave for a quick tailgating session before the big game. Have fun. . .and put your T-Shirt on.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Someone needs to take g$$ to UTMB in Galveston......cause he just got burned.....really bad