PDA

View Full Version : Your NCAA Top 25

big daddy russ
09-07-2006, 12:19 AM
I want to know who you think are the best teams in the nation. Not based on schedule, chances of winning a NC, or anything else, just based on the team that would have the best shot if all the cards were equal.

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:22 AM
ND, WVU, UT, TOSU are the elite four this year I think, maybe throw in FSU and Auburn. I cant pick anything after these 6, actually, i cant even put these 6 in order

Adidas410s
09-07-2006, 08:57 AM
1. Texas...and only because I am a believer in the "you're the best, until somebody else proves different." Texas has a 21-game winning streak. It could definitely end this week though.

2. Notre Dame...many people are down on them after last week. I was pretty impressed with them. Their big ? mark is their defense...which had a very good game. We know that their offense will be fine and is capable of putting up the big numbers. If their defense can put together 11 more games against quality opponents, we just might see the Irish returning to Tempe in January.

3. Ohio State...the trendy #1 pick right now. Everybody wants to try and compare Troy Smith to Vince Young. IMO, he is a "poor man's VY." He may be able to make some of the same plays with his feet as VY but he won't be as balanced as Vince was. He will continue to move towards a "pass first QB" because of their system and I think this will hurt them somewhere down the road. He has a very strong arm but isn't as accurate as the numbers give him may show. The system he is in has a lot of "safe routes" to prevent INT's and allow the WR's to use their ability to make plays after the catch. Oh...and did I mention that they lost 9 of their starters from last year's defense? They had trouble with the run last week against Northern Illinois (over 150 yds for about 5 yds/carry) and between their game with Texas and playing in the Big 10, they must improve in this area in a hurry or they will lose somewhere down the line.

4. USC...Matt Leinart who??? John David Booty, a highly touted QB out of Evangel Christian, has finally gotten his chance to get on the field and quickly proved that he can lead the Trojan offense. They also showed Saturday that the cupboard is anything but bare with their Top 3 RB's running for 164 yds on 27 carries.

5. Alabama...oops I mean Auburn! ;) (sorry Russ)...once again they could run through their season undefeated and still not make the MNC. They are lead by future 1st round draft pick Kenny Irons at RB and he is more than capable of carrying the load for the Tigers. Their defense is still one of the best in the country as the foundation that former DC Gene Chizik (now DC at Texas) built is as strong as ever. They also have LSU, Florida, and Georgia at home this season which could prove to be a huge boost for them.

That's all...I'll stop there...;)