PDA

View Full Version : NFL Assistant Coach Arrested For Driving Naked!!!

ILS1
09-06-2006, 08:48 PM
DEARBORN, Mich. - A Detroit Lions assistant coach was arrested twice in the past two weeks — once while police say he was driving nude and a week later on suspicion of drunken driving.

Police in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn said Joe Cullen, who coaches the team’s defensive line, was pulled over Aug. 24 and ticketed on suspicion of indecent and obscene conduct.

The ticket does not provide any other information why Cullen allegedly was nude. The Lions said alcohol was involved.

Then, on Sept. 1, police stopped his 2006 Ford Explorer and determined he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.12 percent, court records show. The legal limit for drivers in Michigan in 0.08 percent.

Cullen, who lives in Dearborn, posted bond in both misdemeanor cases and was coaching at Wednesday’s practice.

The 38-year-old, who was hired from the University of Illinois, issued a statement Wednesday to apologize.

“I would like to apologize to the Detroit Lions organization, our fans, my family and friends for any embarrassment these incidents have caused,” he said. “These incidents represent a mistake in judgment on my part. I deeply regret them and have learned a valuable lesson. It won’t happen again.”

Lions president Matt Millen said in a statement that Cullen has requested treatment.

“We are obviously very disappointed,” the statement said. “These are very serious matters that will be handled sternly and appropriately by our organization.”

Cullen was scheduled to appear next week in 19th District Court for both cases.

Cullen was fired from the University of Mississippi in 2005 after an alcohol-related arrest at a restaurant.

Story Link (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14706365/)

Paratrooper
09-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
DEARBORN, Mich. - ..........I deeply regret them and have learned a valuable lesson. .....

Don't drive drunk and always wear clothes when you drive?....I would say those are pretty valuable lessons.......his insight and wisdom is astounding

GreenMonster
09-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I drive naked all the time, you should try it. It's quite exhilerating! It can be rather refreshing as well if it's raining and you have the windows down. :D

Paratrooper
09-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I drive naked all the time, you should try it. It's quite exhilerating! It can be rather refreshing as well if it's raining and you have the windows down. :D

I think Detriot may be calling you:D

Bandera YaYa
09-06-2006, 10:26 PM
What a dumb butt....seems he's not very smart.....wouldn't want him teaching me anything. Do I think he's learned his lesson??? Nah, he'll do it again.....they always think they are invincible. IMHO he should have never been hired with that black mark against him...apparently he has a problem. :rolleyes:

Paratrooper
09-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
apparently he has a problem. :rolleyes:

Yes, drivingdrunkistis and inthenudeitis

Fish's mom
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
What a dumb butt....seems he's not very smart.....wouldn't want him teaching me anything. Do I think he's learned his lesson??? Nah, he'll do it again.....they always think they are invincible. IMHO he should have never been hired with that black mark against him...apparently he has a problem. :rolleyes:

Now maybe he had a good reason to be naked I mean I know a player last year that drove home in his jock strip wrapped in a blanket because he beat the coach back to the school after a baseball game and the coach needed the uniform so he could wash it for the next day. Needless to say the boy was in a hurry he had plans for the night(needed to get home to shower and change) and didn't want to wait for the bus. So he took the uniform off and put it the back of the coach's truck. We got a kick out of this story because we could just him pulled over by a cop in his jock strip. He made it safely home and to his date. SOOOOOOOOOOO he might of had a reason for being naked.

But I dont think he had an excuse for drinking and driving now that's just plain STUPID!!

Bandera YaYa
09-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Now maybe he had a good reason to be naked I mean I know a player last year that drove home in his jock strip wrapped in a blanket because he beat the coach back to the school after a baseball game and the coach needed the uniform so he could wash it for the next day. Needless to say the boy was in a hurry he had plans for the night(needed to get home to shower and change) and didn't want to wait for the bus. So he took the uniform off and put it the back of the coach's truck. We got a kick out of this story because we could just him pulled over by a cop in his jock strip. He made it safely home and to his date. SOOOOOOOOOOO he might of had a reason for being naked.

But I dont think he had an excuse for drinking and driving now that's just plain STUPID!! HAHA.....now that's a good one!! Oh I have no prob with the nakedness part........dont forget us YaYa's dance naked around the mighty oak tree!!!!! :eek: :D :D :D