PDA

View Full Version : How Classy is Burnet, Let me tell you.....

bulldogmom2
12-14-2003, 08:13 PM
Well, I'm just a little tired of reading all the bad UNCLASSY things that are being written about the Burnet Bulldogs.....

How stupid can people be to get on this forum and write such terrible things about a bunch of kids. So let me tell you just how classy the Burnet Bulldogs are, their band, highlandettes, cheerleaders, parents, family, and community are.
Last year this community raised over a $100,000 for a young man that we didn't know. We saw him go down on that field, and our hearts broke for him, his mother, family, school, community, and anyone else involved with him. We sent cards, prayers and anything else we could for support. A friendship has been formed that will last a life time between these 2 towns. We'll always watch out for Everman when ever needed.
Last Saturday the winning trophy was given to a Burnet Teacher and her family. Her husband was a Burnet Bulldog in High school himself. They had lost their 19 month old son to the Flu unexpectedly. They put a piece of tape on the trophy with the little boys name on it, and said a speech and their wasn't a dry eye in the stands. We lost a future Bulldog the day before. These weren't tears because we won, they were tears for a family person in this community. They were from the heart.
So, you people can sit back and grip about how UNCLASSY Burnet is, but you just don't know us. You don't know what kind of community we are, or how we treat each other. Some of you are jealous of what we've done, and the recognition that we've brought to our little Homes... Maybe the news coverage, Prime Time coverage, or just jealous because thats the type of person you are. That you'll have to settle in your heart, and with GOD.
But don't put your guilt on this community, because we haven't been crushed by anyone.
As for bashing Paintball and others. I'm pretty sure I know who he is and who his son is. And you just don't know. We have a very fine football team, and they are very respectful to everyone. I see alot of these boys daily, and will hate seeing them tomorrow for the first time. But they all know how I feel about each and everyone of them.
They are very kind and genltly young MEN. Which is something that I don't see alot of on this forum.
Well, I'm sorry, but I just couldn't take it any longer. I had to get this off my chest. I'm sorry if I've embarrassed any Burnet people by doing this.
Everyman, we love you. we hope to meet up again next year.
Gainsville, you played a heck of a game last night, and Congradulations. There are no sore loosers here. You were great.
Burnets just grateful that we came home with no injuries...
Congradulations Burnet,,,, We Rocked.....

weatherag07
12-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Well said...I couldn't agree more.

Indy Jones
12-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Burnet you need not defend yourself as you guys show as much hospitality and respect for your opponents as has been seen. Burnet, Texas and Burnet people are truly some of the best!

Marlin

poncho
12-14-2003, 08:43 PM
bulldogmom2:
Well, I'm just a little tired of reading all the bad UNCLASSY things that are being written about the Burnet Bulldogs.....

How stupid can people be to get on this forum and write such terrible things about a bunch of kids. So let me tell you just how classy the Burnet Bulldogs are, their band, highlandettes, cheerleaders, parents, family, and community are.
Last year this community raised over a $100,000 for a young man that we didn't know. We saw him go down on that field, and our hearts broke for him, his mother, family, school, community, and anyone else involved with him. We sent cards, prayers and anything else we could for support. A friendship has been formed that will last a life time between these 2 towns. We'll always watch out for Everman when ever needed.
Last Saturday the winning trophy was given to a Burnet Teacher and her family. Her husband was a Burnet Bulldog in High school himself. They had lost their 19 month old son to the Flu unexpectedly. They put a piece of tape on the trophy with the little boys name on it, and said a speech and their wasn't a dry eye in the stands. We lost a future Bulldog the day before. These weren't tears because we won, they were tears for a family person in this community. They were from the heart.
So, you people can sit back and grip about how UNCLASSY Burnet is, but you just don't know us. You don't know what kind of community we are, or how we treat each other. Some of you are jealous of what we've done, and the recognition that we've brought to our little Homes... Maybe the news coverage, Prime Time coverage, or just jealous because thats the type of person you are. That you'll have to settle in your heart, and with GOD.
But don't put your guilt on this community, because we haven't been crushed by anyone.
As for bashing Paintball and others. I'm pretty sure I know who he is and who his son is. And you just don't know. We have a very fine football team, and they are very respectful to everyone. I see alot of these boys daily, and will hate seeing them tomorrow for the first time. But they all know how I feel about each and everyone of them.
They are very kind and genltly young MEN. Which is something that I don't see alot of on this forum.
Well, I'm sorry, but I just couldn't take it any longer. I had to get this off my chest. I'm sorry if I've embarrassed any Burnet people by doing this.
Gainsville, you played a heck of a game last night, and Congradulations. There are no sore loosers here. You were great.
Congradulations Burnet,,,, We Rocked.....Bulldogmom2 I don't guess I know you but, you said it best!! Now lets see who the first poster is to say something tacky. :cool:

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

Rooster
12-14-2003, 09:45 PM
bulldogmom2:

Congradulations Burnet,,,, We Rocked.....What Burnet did for Corey's family was tremendous, and very classy, but ya'll weren't the only community that pitched in. There were several other teams and communities that gave from their heart as well. On the Primetime special, they tried to make Burnet sound like the only town in Texas that supports their team, stands in line for hours to get tickets, raises their kids on school colors and has a winning tradition. Well I got news for you, they're everywhere in this great state. You take Odessa Permian, Midland Lee, Brownwood, Sinton, Newton, Southlake Carrol, LD Bell, Trinity, Plano, Lamark, Dallas Carter, Bangs, Plainview, Marlin, Tyler, Longview, just to name a few, and I have to tell you, Burnet doesn't have anymore to boast about than any of these other teams as well as many more that I didn't mention. Its good to be proud of your team, but it's not good to let your own hype overwhelm you. Having seen Burnet play several times this year, I can tell you that from an outsiders viewpoint the fans of Burnet enjoyed rubbing their opponents noses in the dirt and enjoyed reading their own press releases, so much in fact that they began to think that it couldn't happen to them..... Well
now that you have tasted the agony of defeat, try to keep in mind that what goes around comes around.
Congratulations to Burnet for a great year, and a great fan support base, but remember, you aren't the only group that loves their team and sacrifices for others.

olddawggreen
12-14-2003, 09:54 PM
It didn't take long Pancho.

poncho
12-14-2003, 10:17 PM
olddawggreen:
It didn't take long Pancho.I knew it wouldn't. :cool: eek!

bulldogmom2
12-14-2003, 11:55 PM
Well Rooster how Stupid are you. sorry, but when did you ever hear Burnet talking or knowing about the schools you mentioned. Nobody said that other communitites are good citizens or anything. For some reason you live in a warped zone about Burnet. Now, you people have brought out the ugly in me, but I'm sick and tired of jealous fools saying ugly stuff about Burnet. Get over it and get a life...

lotus67
12-15-2003, 12:16 AM
They seem to come out of the woods eek!

Bandera YaYa
12-15-2003, 12:39 AM
I know for sure that Burnet is a very classy group of people.....they totally treated us with respect, while whipping the heck out of us. I got to meet some of the Burnet posters and they were super! But most importantly, the Burnet players were awesome.....seemed like very polite and nice kids. I only wished them the best and they did prove they were a class act!! I for one, was extremely proud of them!

faithfuldog
12-15-2003, 01:19 AM
Hats off to Burnet!!! Your team and the kind of ball ya'll play is definitely what other teams should aspire to be.... the few times I've seen ya'll play it was like watching a machine... truly
amazing to see teenagers execute that way. Much love and support.. Gainsville had to really bring it to beat ya'll I'm sure... they have to be some kinda awesome. Hate I didn't see the game. Good luck the players from both schools!

BulldogGrl64
12-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Ok Rooster what woods did you come crawling out from and why are you bashing on Burnet? Primtime did not make it sound like Burnet was the only town that had huge fan support for their team. We all know that every town loves and supports their team no matter where you are from, no one ever said or made it sound like Burnet was the only one. I have never heard a Burnet person on here or met a Burnet person who was unclassy and trash talked another team. So I'm not too sure where your information is coming from, but I would suggest that you stop listening to it.

Bigblue07
12-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Burnet has great people and great fans.
This is a fact.

Rooster
12-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Whew, I think I touched a nerve. As I can see, All that class is floating right to the top.

kaorder1999
12-15-2003, 04:30 PM
bulldogmom2:
Well Rooster how Stupid are you. sorry, but when did you ever hear Burnet talking or knowing about the schools you mentioned. Nobody said that other communitites are good citizens or anything. For some reason you live in a warped zone about Burnet. Now, you people have brought out the ugly in me, but I'm sick and tired of jealous fools saying ugly stuff about Burnet. Get over it and get a life...1. How stupid are you? 2. jealous fools.. ...3get a life...

my def. of a classy fans post wouldn't include any of the above 3 comments

BurnetBandRules
12-15-2003, 05:31 PM
ug.

BurnetBandRules
12-15-2003, 05:36 PM
kaorder1999:

bulldogmom2:
Well Rooster how Stupid are you. sorry, but when did you ever hear Burnet talking or knowing about the schools you mentioned. Nobody said that other communitites are good citizens or anything. For some reason you live in a warped zone about Burnet. Now, you people have brought out the ugly in me, but I'm sick and tired of jealous fools saying ugly stuff about Burnet. Get over it and get a life...1. How stupid are you? 2. jealous fools.. ...3get a life...my def. of a classy fans post wouldn't include any of the above 3 commentsYou know, I guess you skipped the reply that rooster had to a VERY CLASSY post. They make scroll buttons for a reason so use it! This post was started to congratulate and acknowledge what Burnet people are, how they act and what hey do to support their. For MOST fans, it is understood that their particular football team and town shows great support. The person who started this post didn't think that she would have to sit here and name EVERY SINGLE other team in the state that has an awesome fan base and support for another team when something takes an unexpected turn i.s: Cory Fulbright. No one said that we were the only town that supported them nor was it implied. And someones defense to another post out of frustration doesn't make them unclassy. it just puts them into the category of....let me see.....OH! the "being human" category. Like previously stated, GET A LIFE

<small>[ December 15, 2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBandRules ]</small>

kaorder1999
12-15-2003, 05:45 PM
BurnetBandRules:

kaorder1999:

bulldogmom2:
Well Rooster how Stupid are you. sorry, but when did you ever hear Burnet talking or knowing about the schools you mentioned. Nobody said that other communitites are good citizens or anything. For some reason you live in a warped zone about Burnet. Now, you people have brought out the ugly in me, but I'm sick and tired of jealous fools saying ugly stuff about Burnet. Get over it and get a life...1. How stupid are you? 2. jealous fools.. ...3get a life...my def. of a classy fans post wouldn't include any of the above 3 commentsYou know, I guess you skipped the reply that rooster had to a VERY CLASSY post. They make scroll buttons for a reason so use it! This post was started to congratulate and acknowledge what Burnet people are, how they act and what hey do to support their. For MOST fans, it is understood that their particular football team and town shows great support. The person who started this post didn't think that she would have to sit here and name EVERY SINGLE other team in the state that has an awesome fan base and support for another team when something takes an unexpected turn i.s: Cory Fulbright. No one said that we were the only town that supported them nor was it implied. And someones defense to another post out of frustration doesn't make them unclassy. it just puts them into the category of....let me see.....OH! the "being human" category. Like previously stated, GET A LIFEfirst of all...i read every one of the posts...secondly...dont think you can teach me how to use scroll bars...thirdly...i never once defended any comments made by either side...anyone who has to use the word and call someone stupid...or excuse me...ask them if they are stupid inst excused for treating someone like that merely out of frustration...never called Rooster classey...just said that the post i read from bulldogmom2 doesn't fall under my def. of classy.

<small>[ December 15, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>