PDA

View Full Version : Towing Question

TheDOCTORdre
09-06-2006, 03:23 PM
My roommates car broke down on the side of the highway and when he went to get it, it was gone. He suspects it was towed, but he has no idea who to call cand neither do I really so I thought I would ask the DL and see who he should call

DaHop72
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
My roommates car broke down on the side of the highway and when he went to get it, it was gone. He suspects it was towed, but he has no idea who to call cand neither do I really so I thought I would ask the DL and see who he should call If it was outside the city limits, I would think the DPS should know or the County Sherriff. In town, should be the City Police.

Bullaholic
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM
My roommates car broke down on the side of the highway and when he went to get it, it was gone. He suspects it was towed, but he has no idea who to call cand neither do I really so I thought I would ask the DL and see who he should call

DPS and local police right away----in case it was stolen, and they will probably be able to check to see if it was towed and advise you.

pirate44
09-06-2006, 03:43 PM
was it in Houston? they tow within minutes of being on the side of the road.

TheDOCTORdre
09-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
was it in Houston? they tow within minutes of being on the side of the road.
no no it was on the way to El Paso, I told him that he should call the sheriff but he was like noooo, but now he is on the phone with the sheriff

pirate44
09-06-2006, 03:48 PM
no no it was on the way to El Paso, I told him that he should call the sheriff but he was like noooo, but now he is on the phone with the sheriff
near El Paso, id say its a goner.

TheDOCTORdre
09-06-2006, 03:49 PM
near El Paso, id say its a goner.
from the look on his face as he is on the phone i'm thinking so too

pirate44
09-06-2006, 03:51 PM
from the look on his face as he is on the phone i'm thinking so too
i hope he has insurance

Chief Woodman
09-06-2006, 03:51 PM
nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, good bye.....

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Keep us posted. I'd like to hear what happens.

TheDOCTORdre
09-06-2006, 03:52 PM
i hope he has insurance
i'm pretty sure he does, of course i think hes better off without, that piece was unreliable

STANG RED
09-06-2006, 03:57 PM
That suckers already in Juarez I'll bet, and any good parts have already been stripped off and sold. :(

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
That suckers already in Juarez I'll bet, and any good parts have already been stripped off and sold. :(

yup!

pirate4state
09-06-2006, 04:18 PM
My roommates car broke down on the side of the highway and when he went to get it, it was gone. He suspects it was towed, but he has no idea who to call cand neither do I really so I thought I would ask the DL and see who he should call How long did he leave it out there? Hopefully, he'll have insurance that COVERS this sort of thing. ;)

TheDOCTORdre
09-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How long did he leave it out there? Hopefully, he'll have insurance that COVERS this sort of thing. ;)
its been like nearly a week i've been telling him since the day it happened to call some kind of law enforcement but for some reason he wouldn't now that he did, they gave him a towing places # to call and when he called it they said that they did not have it so im guessing that his car is across the border

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2006, 05:06 PM
its been like nearly a week i've been telling him since the day it happened to call some kind of law enforcement but for some reason he wouldn't now that he did, they gave him a towing places # to call and when he called it they said that they did not have it so im guessing that his car is across the border

thats crappy. hope his insurance understands :)

TheDOCTORdre
09-06-2006, 05:07 PM
you know what when i asked him if he had insurance he kinda avoided that question

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2006, 05:08 PM
you know what when i asked him if he had insurance he kinda avoided that question

is there only one towing place that could have the car?

TheDOCTORdre
09-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
is there only one towing place that could have the car?
well when he called the sheriff they said they gave him the number to the place that usually deals with highway side towing and this was actually in Hudspeth County which is next to El PasoCounty

lostaussie
09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
its been like nearly a week i've been telling him since the day it happened to call some kind of law enforcement but for some reason he wouldn't driving his car and :smoker: his stuff:D

Pudlugger
09-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Somebody just doing a job Americans won't do. s/

sinton66
09-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Hmmmmmm something don't smell right about this Dre. Why WOULDN'T he want to call the law? Is it possible there was something in the car he didn't want them to find?

Chief Woodman
09-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hmmmmmm something don't smell right about this Dre. Why WOULDN'T he want to call the law? Is it possible there was something in the car he didn't want them to find?

Me thinks your on to something about this one.....

Mustangpride09
09-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Sad but humorous.

spiveyrat
09-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Doesn't sound good. You might pass this link along to him.

http://cars.com/go/index.jsp

STANG RED
09-07-2006, 07:50 AM

Even if he did have insurance, since it was a beater, it was probably only liability anyway, which wouldnt cover theft, I dont think. I'm afraid your friend is SOL.