PDA

View Full Version : My wife just ordered NFL Sunday Ticket!

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 01:41 PM
So with this http://images.nfl.com/ticket/images/nfl_sunday_tic_logo.gif

and this

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/7688/7688978_ra.jpg

ask me if I'm ready for some football!!! :cool: :clap: :cheerl: :thumbsup: :wave:

Much :inlove: and :kiss: for Mrs Spivey!

JasperDog94
09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Can I come over and watch the Cowboys when they're showing the stupid Texans game.:)

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
So with this http://images.nfl.com/ticket/images/nfl_sunday_tic_logo.gif

and this

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/7688/7688978_ra.jpg

ask me if I'm ready for some football!!!
Much :inlove: and :kiss: for Mrs Spivey!
You're a lucky man spivey. a lucky man...:thumbsup: :clap:

Bullaholic
09-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Wow---Mrs. spivey must have "maxed" one of the credit cards or wrecked the car. Enjoy spivey, you lucky dog.

District303aPastPlayer
how did you manage to pull this off... like seriously

spiveyrat
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Can I come over and watch the Cowboys when they're showing the stupid Texans game.:)

You betcha!

Adidas410s
09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
how much is the NFL Sunday Ticket? Do you get all of the games in HD? If so, I might have to consider getting it.

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
how did you manage to pull this off... like seriously

She wanted to. It was her idea. Like me, she must be tired of the Chiefs or the Rams edging out the Cowboys on the local stations here. Damn Chiefs and Rams!!! :mad:

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
how much is the NFL Sunday Ticket? Do you get all of the games in HD? If so, I might have to consider getting it.

$250.

Not sure about them being in HD. It doesn't matter though since I don't have the HD receiver. I will get the games broadcast in HD through the local markets, though.

Get this... I get digital programming and HD (when it is broadcast) thru a pair of rabbit ears in my basement. :eek: Those digital signals are some strong signals!

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2006, 02:00 PM
She wanted to. It was her idea. Like me, she must be tired of the Chiefs or the Rams edging out the Cowboys on the local stations here. Damn Chiefs and Rams!!! :mad:

you, my friend, are one lucky man

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Well I have a 61 inch DLP TV..but cannot get direct Tv, and my town does not have digital cable...So it is like having a corvette and driving it 5 mph at all times

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well I have a 61 inch DLP TV..but cannot get direct Tv, and my town does not have digital cable...So it is like having a corvette and driving it 5 mph at all times

that sucks

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 02:09 PM
I will have my 120" projector setup for the Cowboy games by week 4. And yes it is HD. How's them apples?:p

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I will have my 120" projector setup for the Cowboy games by week 4. And yes it is HD. How's them apples?:p

its a waste going on Cowboys games :p

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 02:14 PM
its a waste going on Cowboys games :p
You my fren are a bad apple! A BAD apple! Stop raining on my parade...:( :p :D

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 02:18 PM

Well, I'll admit, yours is definitely bigger than mine! :eek: :D

(sounds like a nice setup, though!)

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2006, 02:19 PM

take it youre not an aggie huh :p

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 02:20 PM
take it youre not an aggie huh :p

I'm a Bearkat.

Adidas410s
09-06-2006, 02:20 PM
two words...DISH NETWORK!!! :D

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
two words...DISH NETWORK!!! :D

I was going to suggest that. I'm curious as to why you can't get DirecTV?

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 02:22 PM

(sounds like a nice setup, though!)
What's gonna make it nice is setting up the 1000 watt 6.1 surround sound system. :inlove:

Bullaholic
09-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Do the words "sensory overload" have any meaning to you, SF? :D

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

his entertainment systems run off of their own circuits... seperate from the rest of the house

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Ehh?
What's that?
I can't hear you! lol
I'm not sure I'll use the surround for the games. It's too distracting, for my tastes.
That's mainly for movies and America Chopper when Sr. starts to yell.

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Um yeah, what Bull said! 1000 watts? You're going to pop nails out of your sheetrock. Stop the maddness!!! :D

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 02:29 PM
his entertainment systems run off of their own circuits... seperate from the rest of the house
:eek: :eek: :tongue:

Bullaholic
09-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Um yeah, what Bull said! 1000 watts? You're going to pop nails out of your sheetrock. Stop the maddness!!! :D

Reminds me of the opening scene from "Back to the Future" when Michael J. Fox "loads" up that huge guitar amp, strums the strings, and gets blown thru the wall.

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Reminds me of the opening scene from "Back to the Future" when Michael J. Fox "loads" up that huge guitar amp, strums the strings, and gets blown thru the wall.
Yeah, good visual! :D :thumbsup:

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 02:33 PM
lol
Back to being serious. I'm getting the projector but I'm not sure if I will get the sound system. 5.1 is still popular, 6.1 is getting there but 7.1 hasn't taken off yet. I do have a real nice Sony Pro-logic now that sounds great, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy a new system now. My old system is 550 watts and blows the neighbors away as it is. But, as you get older you need something louder cuz it gets harder to hear if you know what I mean.;)

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
I was going to suggest that. I'm curious as to why you can't get DirecTV?

Trees..Dish is no better about shooting thru trees than direct tv..it might be worse because Direct has three sat in space copared to two

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 02:39 PM
lol
Back to being serious. I'm getting the projector but I'm not sure if I will get the sound system. 5.1 is still popular, 6.1 is getting there but 7.1 hasn't taken off yet. I do have a real nice Sony Pro-logic now that sounds great, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy a new system now. My old system is 550 watts and blows the neighbors away as it is. But, as you get older you need something louder cuz it gets harder to hear if you know what I mean.;)

What's the difference in 5.1 and 6.1? I assume that's the Dolby Pro Logic version? I'm pretty much a novice in home audio. I've got an Aiwa surround receiver that's probably 5-7 years old and I don't even know what version it supports.

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Trees..Dish is no better about shooting thru trees than direct tv..it might be worse because Direct has three sat in space copared to two

Yeah, that would do it! :(

Got a chainsaw? :D

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2006, 02:42 PM
What's the difference in 5.1 and 6.1? I assume that's the Dolby Pro Logic version? I'm pretty much a novice in home audio. I've got an Aiwa surround receiver that's probably 5-7 years old and I don't even know what version it supports.

5.1 or 6.1 is number of speakers or channels the surround sound has. The .1 is a sixth channel called an LFE that is sent to a subwoofer.

mine is a Panasonic 1000W with HDMI

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 02:50 PM
prologic has five speakers but not five unique and individual channels, the front 3 are different channel but the back two are combined into one channel
5.1 surround consists of 3 front speakers and two rear speakers. the .1 is the subwoofer output. All seperate channels
6.1 has typically 3 front speakers and 3 rear speaker with a .1 for the subwoofer. All seperate channels
7.1 gets a little different. Sometime you get a repeated channel for the front or back. I'm not too privy to all about 7.1 as many movies don't support 7.1

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2006, 02:53 PM
prologic has five speakers but not five unique and individual channels, the front 3 are different channel but the back two are combined into one channel
5.1 surround consists of 3 front speakers and two rear speakers. the .1 is the subwoofer output. All seperate channels
6.1 has typically 3 front speakers and 3 rear speaker with a .1 for the subwoofer. All seperate channels
7.1 gets a little different. Sometime you get a repeated channel for the front or back. I'm not too privy to all about 7.1 as many movies don't support 7.1

I dont like the 7.1 at all..the 6.1 is nice, but overkill unless you have a spread out room..The room my 61 inch is in is narrow, so the 5.1 works perfect..if I had a more spread out room then I would go to 6.1

TMer25
09-06-2006, 02:54 PM
No movies at this time support 7.1 on any of the home formats, though it's in both the HD DVD and Blu Ray specs. Receivers just repeat the surround back channel speaker if a 7.1 speaker array is being used.

DTS ES discrete is the only true surround back discrete channel format, Dolby Digital Ex is a matrixed channel, in that the info for that channel just gets replayed in surround right and left speakers if there isnt a surround back speaker.

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys. Now I know I have 5.1. :thumbsup:

(Except I have no sub-woofer, just a slot for it on the back of my receiver)

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 02:59 PM
I dont like the 7.1 at all..the 6.1 is nice, but overkill unless you have a spread out room..The room my 61 inch is in is narrow, so the 5.1 works perfect..if I had a more spread out room then I would go to 6.1
My living room is almost set up like a little theatre. It's about 24x20 and has a 17' ceiling. I also have a loft that will be used as a balcony during big movies on Saturday.:) I'm thinking of adding another couch on a platform behind my main couch to give it a stadium theatre feel to it.

SintonFan
09-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
No movies at this time support 7.1 on any of the home formats, though it's in both the HD DVD and Blu Ray specs. Receivers just repeat the surround back channel speaker if a 7.1 speaker array is being used.

DTS ES discrete is the only true surround back discrete channel format, Dolby Digital Ex is a matrixed channel, in that the info for that channel just gets replayed in surround right and left speakers if there isnt a surround back speaker.
I wasn't sure if HD dvd players had them out now or what. Thanks for the info.:cool:

spiveyrat
09-06-2006, 03:02 PM
My living room is almost set up like a little theatre. It's about 24x20 and has a 17' ceiling. I also has a loft that will be used as a balcony during big movies on Saturday.:) I'm thinking of adding another couch on a platform behind my main couch to give it a stadium theatre feel to it.

Wow! When's the party? Sounds more like a garage. :D :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
09-06-2006, 03:25 PM
man..reading through this thread I was wondering when Tmer25 was going to show up and set the record straight. Glad to see it finally happened! :thumbsup:

Blastoderm55
09-06-2006, 03:48 PM

Forget all that and go with a Yamaha digital sound projector. Things are freaking awesome!

Emerson1
09-06-2006, 04:39 PM
How big of a screen is it?

ILS1
09-06-2006, 04:45 PM
So what's better DirectTV or Dish Network? What are the pros and cons of each one? I'm considering dumping my Digital/HD cable and going with one of these. I just have a 42" Sony LCD TV and 5.1 Onkyo Dolby Digital sound. I wanna get a Plasma but they are so darn expensive or at least the good one that I want.

:D

Blastoderm55
09-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
So what's better DirectTV or Dish Network? What are the pros and cons of each one? I'm considering dumping my Digital/HD cable and going with one of these. I just have a 42" Sony LCD TV and 5.1 Onkyo Dolby Digital sound. I wanna get a Plasma but they are so darn expensive or at least the good one that I want.

:D

Stick to your LCD. Plasma is overrated. If you want a wall mounted tv, the new line of Sony Bravia flat panel LCDs are pretty nice, and you'll get a longer bulb life and no image burn-in. As for satellite, I'm very unhappy with the HD offerings of DirecTV. There are less than a dozen channels available in HD, so frankly I don't find it at all worth the money. I think you might get better content with digital cable.

TMer25
09-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Well if you want NFL Sunday Ticket, DirecTV has an exclusive contract with the NFL so you would have to go with them. But DirecTV also overly compresses their HD channels compared to Dish Network, though the move to MPEG4 as a compression scheme should make their picture quality about equal. Dish offers more HD channels than anybody right now. So basically after all that, it all comes down to personal preference lol.

PHS Wildcats
09-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Yea I orderd the Sunday Ticket to watch the Steelers, I'm loving it.

spiveyrat
09-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How big of a screen is it?

Mine? 46"

spiveyrat
09-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by TMer25
Well if you want NFL Sunday Ticket, DirecTV has an exclusive contract with the NFL so you would have to go with them. But DirecTV also overly compresses their HD channels compared to Dish Network, though the move to MPEG4 as a compression scheme should make their picture quality about equal. Dish offers more HD channels than anybody right now. So basically after all that, it all comes down to personal preference lol.

Yeah, I think Dish offers 30 channels while DTV offers less than 10.

Jason1725
09-07-2006, 09:37 AM
I like Direct TV better only because on NFL Sunday Ticket, I have had it it since 1994 and have never had a problem. I never watch TV much except for football and over the past 12-years it's been great. The team I am a fan of is never shown down here so it's great to get to watch every game. It will cut out during heavy rain but thats to be expected. If you are a football fan I say get it, however if you are a Cowboys fan I have noticed that most of their games are blacked out, so if you got it to watch them then you might be angry. I am a Steeler fan so it's perfect for me, but for some reason they don't show the Cowboys games, at least in Jasper they don't. They always get blacked out.

duckbutter
09-07-2006, 10:06 AM
I had Sunday Ticket for 2 yrs and it SUCKED!!!!! Total waste of money because all of the Cowboy games were blacked out. Had it the second yr only because they bill you automatically unless you cancel. :mad:

spiveyrat
09-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Jason1725
I like Direct TV better only because on NFL Sunday Ticket, I have had it it since 1994 and have never had a problem. I never watch TV much except for football and over the past 12-years it's been great. The team I am a fan of is never shown down here so it's great to get to watch every game. It will cut out during heavy rain but thats to be expected. If you are a football fan I say get it, however if you are a Cowboys fan I have noticed that most of their games are blacked out, so if you got it to watch them then you might be angry. I am a Steeler fan so it's perfect for me, but for some reason they don't show the Cowboys games, at least in Jasper they don't. They always get blacked out.

What do you do for local channels? Go without?

Jason1725
09-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah I have a poopy antenna that doesn't pick up anything so I can watch CBS sometimes. But I hardly ever watch TV anyway, so it doesn't bother me.