PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs Brownwood

Phantom Stang
09-05-2006, 10:16 AM
What are y'alls thoughts and prediction's?

BMOC
09-05-2006, 10:37 AM
This oughtta be a good one. Sweetwater is pretty tough in their classic.

EricDraven
09-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Brownwood showed some heart last week. Still think the 'Stangs will be too much for 'wm. Outta be another classic.

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I figure the team who scores the most in this game wins.

Who that will be, I do not know.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2006, 12:26 PM
The Lions will take this one. :devil: :devil:

NateDawg39
09-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
I figure the team who scores the most in this game wins.

Who that will be, I do not know. I usually would agree but...what if they tie...and decide to go by penetrations?!?!? Then I would go for Swater...but I kinda smell "upset" on the way

Stangster
09-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I have to go with Sweetwater on this one (no surprise there), Its hard to beat the Mustangs at home (especially in their 1st classic)!

Just my onion.

TheDOCTORdre
09-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Well i think I will reserve my right to pick a winner in this one until alter this week

Bullaholic
09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Sweetwater is "healthy" this year and beat a pretty fair WF Old High team last week who had some speed. I think Green and Banyard will make some yards on the Lion "D"--I'm gonna say Sweetwater-21 Brownwood-14.

RMAC
09-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Part of me says Sweetwater and at the same time, part of me says the Lions. I guess I'll pick SW if for no other reason than home field advantage.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-05-2006, 05:15 PM
I have to go with Sweetwater after a good win against Wichita Falls a decent 4A team every year. Go Stangs!!!

Odis
09-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah, how longs it been since Vernon beat WF High? Probably glad to have em off ya'lls schedule.

STANG RED
09-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Mustangs by 21+
Hide and watch.

Snydertigersrul
09-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Mustangs by 21+
Hide and watch.

Come on Stang. I know that your are Sweetwater supporter, but 21. It's going to be a good game, but Brownwood will pull it out late and win by three points.

STANG RED
09-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Come on Stang. I know that your are Sweetwater supporter, but 21. It's going to be a good game, but Brownwood will pull it out late and win by three points.

Like I said. Hide and watch. It'll be a 1st half blowout, but they may let em close the gap a little in the 2nd. OK, you talked me into it. Mustangs by only 20. :cool:

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Odis
Yeah, how longs it been since Vernon beat WF High? Probably glad to have em off ya'lls schedule.

Since 2003.

mrescape43
09-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Sweetwater wins a close one.

Butkus
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Come on Stang. I know that your are Sweetwater supporter, but 21. It's going to be a good game, but Brownwood will pull it out late and win by three points. If ole Stang Red says Stangs by 21 ya might wanna take it to da bank.

mrescape43
09-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I usually would agree but...what if they tie...and decide to go by penetrations?!?!? Then I would go for Swater...but I kinda smell "upset" on the way

:thinking:

STANG RED
09-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
If ole Stang Red says Stangs by 21 ya might wanna take it to da bank.

Tell em brother Butkus! Ifn they dont believe me, I jes might haveta sick big mama on em. At'll teach em.

Butkus
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Tell em brother Butkus! Ifn they dont believe me, I jes might haveta sick big mama on em. At'll teach em. Thats right Stang and mama aint been ina good mood lately. Shes justa lookin to pound somebody jus hope its you or bubba joe and not old Butkus.

STANG RED
09-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Thats right Stang and mama aint been ina good mood lately. Shes justa lookin to pound somebody jus hope its you or bubba joe and not old Butkus.

ha ha, jes tween you n me, whatever it is, lets blam it on ole Bubba. He aint cheer ta defend hisself nohow.;)

sweetwater07
09-05-2006, 08:59 PM
i say S'water by 7 points...solely because i have been talking to banyard and hes saying the team is PUMPED for this game...not to mention its in the bowl.

Eagle 1
09-05-2006, 09:00 PM
My vote goes for Brownwood.

mustang04
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
My vote goes for Brownwood.

sweetwater by a hefty amount...for all the doubters

mustang07
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
its goin to be a good one,i say sweetawater by 7 in this one.

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

Go Reg! lol

sweetwater07
09-05-2006, 09:54 PM

damn right...true fan!!

Tweeder215
09-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Ok, I've kept my mouth shut for too long....Sweetwater by at least 18 over a good Brownwood team.

mustang04
09-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
Ok, I've kept my mouth shut for too long....Sweetwater by at least 18 over a good Brownwood team.

WHAT IT BE TWEEDER!!!! i'll take reggie wayne for the last pick of the 4th round then Reggie Bush for first pick of round 5...thank you!:D

Tweeder215
09-05-2006, 10:23 PM
WHAT IT BE TWEEDER!!!! i'll take reggie wayne for the last pick of the 4th round then Reggie Bush for first pick of round 5...thank you!:D

You do realize that you have Reggie Bush, Vince Young and Lendale White on your team?

mustang04
09-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
You do realize that you have Reggie Bush, Vince Young and Lendale White on your team?

yes that is correct
for later in the season, i think at leats 2 of those will start doing really well...it's a hunch:D

but i DO have peyton manning, marvin harrison (well he has a small injury right now) Lamont jordan, neil rackers, NYG D, Miami D

those are all AT LEAST top 10, some like manning, harrison, neil rackers could be considered top 5 at their position...

Bubba-Joe
09-06-2006, 12:18 AM
ha ha, jes tween you n me, whatever it is, lets blam it on ole Bubba. He aint cheer ta defend hisself nohow.;)

Great set of Brothers I have here, Well for your nd Butkus information me and Big Momma have been talkin bout this here game..... and by the way Big Momma says to tell you two that Ole Bubba Joe has always been her favorite son - course that aint neither here nor there -

Big Momma thinks them Mustangs is gonna win and she aint saying by how much- one point will be enuff she says-
Now ole Bubba Joe he thinks them ole Lions is gonna bring a big ole crowd to the Bowl, them maroon colored fellers travel well these days. as fer the outcome, well the stangs offensive line has got to be able to control the game, keep the mustangs on offensive, long time consuming scoring drives, not field goals but touchdowns, keep the defense well rested, lots of 3 and outs and don't give up the big long passes and well hell that aint much to ask now is it??????
# 3 wearing Red friday night needs another couple of them take away interceptions the get returned for TD's and all in all another win for the Big Red Hosses.
Don't let the Lions keep the game close.. or they might just mess up the Sammy Baugh night - and since ole Sam wore #21 in his HS playing days I'll say the Mustangs score at least 21 points, now can the D keep the Lions from gettin 22 I think so.....
Sic Em Mustangs

Curly
09-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Sweetwater in a very close game
extra point could be the difference

HAN SING
09-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Han Sing think this one too close to call. May have to call Adam or Master Cartright for adivce on game.

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, according to Matthew328, it won't mean much if we are
able to beat Brownwood. Seeing as they are an "average 4A team at best".

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

mustang04
09-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Well, according to Matthew328, it won't mean much if we are
able to beat Brownwood. Seeing as they are an "average 4A team at best".

they are just an avg. 4a team at best this year..i watched them against wylie and wasnt impressed...they have a couple of runningbacks who are really good at either finding somewhere to run or MAKING a place to run along the way..but besides that, they aren't anything like the usual powerhouse brownwood

ftrmustangmom
09-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Sweetwater, but I think it will be a close game.:cheerl:

DU_stud04
09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
BEAST
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:28 am

Post subject: Brownwood VS. Sweetwater........Predictions

It is said that the biggest week for offensive improvement is between week 1 and 2. If that is the case, coupled with the fact that I think Sweetwater will find it much harder to run against the Brownwood defense, we should be in for another victory. Sweetwater has what is suppose to be two of the fastest and best tailbacks in the state. However, in recent years the Mustangs have failed to develope a passing attack to complement the rushing attack. If Brownwoods defense plays as well against the run this week as they did last week and the offense gets more consistant, my prediction is:

Brownwood 30

Sweetwater 8

Beast [/B]

pero chato
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Sweetwater--and it will not be close--by 25.

mustang04
09-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

rube..where did u get that quote??

Snyder_TigerFan
09-07-2006, 11:38 AM
rube..where did u get that quote??

Believe he got it here...
Link (http://www.brownwoodlions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1305)

DU_stud04
09-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Believe he got it here...
Link (http://www.brownwoodlions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1305)
yup

sweetwater07
09-08-2006, 12:09 PM
SW-21 BW-17

garciap77
09-08-2006, 01:24 PM
SW by 3

HAN SING
09-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Han Sing think this will be good game. Could go both way. May give edge to Brownwood because have more balance. Sweetwater one dimetional when have ball. Need to pass more . Must have ballance of Yin and Yang to have harmony in life.

Sweetwater Red
09-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Han Sing think this will be good game. Could go both way. May give edge to Brownwood because have more balance. Sweetwater one dimetional when have ball. Need to pass more . Must have ballance of Yin and Yang to have harmony in life.

When you have three really good
running backs(Yin)......you don't need
a passing game (Yang).

sww-bull52
09-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I think Han Sing has been sniffing Hoss' shorts while doing laundry.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Bullaholic
09-08-2006, 02:36 PM
I am a wide-open offense lover, but I have to agree---Sweetwater ain't done half bad with that 1-dimensional offense.....better than all but 2 or 3 teams last season, and 1-0 so far this season.

STANG RED
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM
I agree that a little YANG needs to be thrown in with the YIN, a little more often myself. Sometimes YIN can get a little bogged down, and YANG could sure help him out. :D

mustang68
09-08-2006, 02:39 PM
One must be in balance "grasshopper" at all times. Han Sing, being obviously a good Buddhist, is right on the money. Each,pass/run, compliment each other and allow the other to be successful.

sww-bull52
09-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm not saying we CAN'T throw. I've watched them in practice and we are capable.

I'm just saying there's a reason we only attempted two passes last week.

You can't make it this week Red?

Bullaholic
09-08-2006, 02:42 PM
I agree that a little YANG needs to be thrown in with the YIN, a little more often myself. Sometimes YIN can get a little bogged down, and YANG could sure help him out. :D

True Stang, but when a running team is "forced" to throw...it can be ugly. So, if the other team stops your "Yin" and you don't "Yang" very well, the other team sort of has you by the "Yin Yang." :D

sWaterislife
09-08-2006, 02:44 PM
LOL>. Funny stuff Han Sing..

I think we have a misconception here of what the mustangs are all about...

Last week the Gameplan was drain the clock and how do you do that... RUN RUN RUN... Not only did the gameplan work but we punted only twice and if im not mistaken. They (WF) had like 6 possessions all game. Now That's limiting an offense by playing good offense and sticking with a plan that works...

Yes we have three throughbreds in our backfield, 2 that can peel the paint off your car, that's why they wont let us use cars at homecoming...

We threw Two passes the other night... both on target one caught and one dropped..

I think we have two good QB's that can throw, especially the Holsey kid who's defense was spectacular.. All im saying is.. I would expect in the next couple of weeks to see more passing. But for the WF game it was all about keeping the ball out of Huskerson's Hands and What a gameplan that was drawn up and executed.

That Brownwood site is hilarious. 20 pts..lol.. Wylie a good team on defense and offense is a year away ( from what a wylie poster has said).. I think B'wood will have their hands full with another gameplan.

You can have the best weapons in the world but if you dont know how to use them they wont do you any good..

STANG RED
09-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
I'm not saying we CAN'T throw. I've watched them in practice and we are capable.

I'm just saying there's a reason we only attempted two passes last week.

You can't make it this week Red?

No, I'm stuck in Austin this weekend, and worse yet, I dont even have a ticket to Texas / Ohio State. :(

But I'm hoping to get to Bwood next week, for the G Wood classic. Problem is, our games on Thursday night, isnt it? That might be a problem.

Root twice as loud n twice as long, to take up my slack tonight, bull. I'll be there in spirit, and hopefully will be able to get to the webcast.

sww-bull52
09-08-2006, 02:50 PM
No, I'm stuck in Austin this weekend, and worse yet, I dont even have a ticket to Texas / Ohio State. :(

But I'm hoping to get to Bwood next week, for the G Wood classic. Problem is, our games on Thursday night, isnt it? That might be a problem.

Root twice as loud n twice as long, to take up my slack tonight, bull. I'll be there in spirit, and hopefully will be able to get to the webcast.

Yeah, next weeks game is on Thursday.
Don't worry, I'll yell for ya. If you get to listen, I'll be the one yellin' RED RED RED!!!

STANG RED
09-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
True Stang, but when a running team is "forced" to throw...it can be ugly. So, if the other team stops your "Yin" and you don't "Yang" very well, the other team sort of has you by the "Yin Yang." :D

True True, and thats why ya gotta polish up the YANG even when the YIN is getting the job done, so when the YIN needs the YANG, he wont be caught asleep. Right?:thinking:

mustang04
09-08-2006, 03:19 PM
When you have three really good
running backs(Yin)......you don't need
a passing game (Yang).

so.....our yin is fast as sin

Snydertigersrul
09-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
What are y'alls thoughts and prediction's?

Brownwood will win in a cake walk. You can take that to the bank and make a big deposit.

sWaterislife
09-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Brownwood will win in a cake walk. You can take that to the bank and make a big deposit.

Basically this makes us the winners.. you know anything the tigers go to do it turns out the opposite of their expectations.

Past Expectation History:
1. Beat the Mustangs in 04 - Lost
2. Dont lose to bad in the playoffs against Sweetwater - Won
3. Beat the Mustangs in 05 - Lost
4. Beat Monohans - Lost
5. Beat Monohans in 06 - Lost
6. Make prediction that B'wood will beat the Mustangs - ???

Geez.. sometimes those tigers just walk into it..lol

Sweetwater Red
09-08-2006, 04:31 PM

Didn't you say the same thing last week
about Snyder vs. Monahans.

How'd that turn out?

DaHop72
09-08-2006, 05:18 PM

How'd that turn out?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Snydertigersrul
09-08-2006, 05:44 PM

How'd that turn out?

Just like last year in the playoffs when the Sweetwater fans said it would be a cake walk through Tatum. Tatum played its worst game of the year and still won by three touchdowns.

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Just like last year in the playoffs when the Sweetwater fans said it would be a cake walk through Tatum. Tatum played its worst game of the year and still won by three touchdowns.

32 (Tatum)-19 (Sweetwater) = 13 points :rolleyes:

53 (Gilmer)-20 (Snyder) = 33 points :D

What's Snyder's record now? :thinking:

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS DIRECTED AT
ONE POSTER FROM SNYDER. IT IS NOT
MY INTENT TO OFFEND ANY OTHER
POSTERS FROM SAID TOWN. :D

sww-bull52
09-09-2006, 02:34 PM

Help me out here, I don't remember ANYONE from Sweetwater saying Tatum would be a cake walk. And I don't know where you get your info from, Tatum played a helluva game against us.

sweetwater07
09-09-2006, 02:51 PM
32 (Tatum)-19 (Sweetwater) = 13 points :rolleyes:

53 (Gilmer)-20 (Snyder) = 33 points :D

What's Snyder's record now? :thinking:

hahahaha....isn't this the truth..Gilmer laughed all the way to state...didn't even bother to glance at Snyder

sweetwater07
09-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
SW-21 BW-17

dang my prediction wasn't that far off...

DaHop72
09-09-2006, 11:07 PM
hahahaha....isn't this the truth..Gilmer laughed all the way to state...didn't even bother to glance at Snyder Here we go again, so I'll add, and where was Sweetwater at this point and time of the season.

DISCLAIMER: LIKE SWEETWATER RED'S POST, THIS IS DIRECTED AT NO ONE EXCEPT THE ABOVE POSTER.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-09-2006, 11:08 PM

Ok, I understand.

hahahaha....isn't this the truth..Gilmer laughed all the way to state...didn't even bother to glance at Snyder

At least we got to play them. Gilmer was a hell of a team and we got beat by a team that had what....3 or 4 Division 1-A athletes on it? So say what you will.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Here we go again, so I'll add, and where was Sweetwater at this point and time of the season.

DISCLAIMER: LIKE SWEETWATER RED'S POST, THIS IS DIRECTED AT NO ONE EXCEPT THE ABOVE POSTER.

Wow Dahop, were thinking along the same lines.;) At about the same time:) .