PDA

View Full Version : My new thought On T. Brown Situation

PHS Wildcats
09-05-2006, 01:11 AM
This is my opinion and not to start any trouble that cause atleast 2 threads to be closed. I'm a Huge UT fan and thought they should be released.

After hearing more reports on the situation I'm going to backtrack from my original statements saying that the players need to be suspended and kicked off the team.

First of all, the gun was registered to Gatewood, making it legal. They had taken it to a range earlier in the day. That means the gun charge will be dropped without question. I have no problems with a player owning a gun if it's registered.

Secondly, both players took drug tests to prove that they hadn't been smoking. If they pass the drug test then it's pretty obvious that they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Finally, Aaron Harris is someone that players need to stay away from. He's the only one of the three who has had multiple incidents involving the law and was the one who actually had the blunt under his seat. If I'm Mack I tell AH that he did good things for the UT program, but that right now he needs to just stay away because he seems to be a magnet for trouble.

And neither Brown nor Gatewood need to be compared to Ramonce. I know multiple people who interacted with Taylor and he was just a "gangsta." Brown by all accounts is a humble, shy kid who has never gotten into trouble. Haven't heard much about Gatewood, but I've never heard anything negative about him.

Eagle 1
09-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats

Secondly, both players took drug tests to prove that they hadn't been smoking. If they pass the drug test then it's pretty obvious that they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is there any such place as the "right place" to be in possession of marijuana?
NOBODY has pot on them and not smoking it. If they were delivering it then that is a felony.

3afan
09-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Is there any such place as the "right place" to be in possession of marijuana?
NOBODY has pot on them and not smoking it. If they were delivering it then that is a felony.

must be hard living with such bitterness ....

g$$
09-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Come on now, how about thinking rationally. All 3 of those guys made a CHOICE to be in that car. And just how high or drunk are you to not even wake up when the car you're riding in is stopped on I-35? And the loaded gun mysteriously winds up in your lap? Were all of them doing drugs? Probably not - but that is not the point. A message has to be sent that this behavior will not be tolerated. Weed, guns, & 3:00 AM do not mix. Scholarship athletes at major schools are under a lot of scrutiny & have to know better. Take off the orange blinders man! I don't care if it is a Bear, Red Raider, Aggie, Horn, or whoever else - this is criminal behavior & for that there are consequences. Plus, this is not the 1st Texas athlete to have pot & legal issues recently (Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Ramonce Taylor, car stopped near Huntsville w/ Selvin Young, Larry Dibbles, Edorian McCullough, & Aaron Harris, & now this yesterday). Do you really think Ricky's drug problems started after college? Mack has no choice but to at minimum suspend the 2 current players & tell Aaron Harris to stay the heck away from the program. The gun range story, drugs not mine, yada yada yada, it is still criminal behavior & poor choices by guys who should know better. Now their selfishness has created a distraction before a huge game vs. Ohio State.

Playing college sports is a privilege, not a right. You have a bulls-eye on your back. With the good comes the bad when you sign a letter of intent to represent that university. Make better choices & choose better friends. To say wrong place, wrong time is horribly weak & naive. They know Aaron Harris better than anybody - he's their former teammate currently living with them!! Do you want to be "gangsta" Miami? Athletics are the front porch to the university, & right now that porch needs to be remodeled. I think Mack will move forward to clean up his tarnished program after much embarrassment. Some players' actions have reflected poorly on everyone & graduation rates are way down too. Did you call Bomar stupid for his actions? To make excuses now just because these guys wear burnt orange on Saturdays reeks of hypocrisy. No one person is bigger than the entire program.

Phil C
09-05-2006, 09:56 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

:mad:

Macarthur
09-05-2006, 10:06 AM
come on PHS.

Here are the facts. They were out at 3am in the morning with pot in the car and a loaded gun. Now, just tell me what your conscience says...

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 10:28 AM
I've been out at 3:30 AM in a truck on a country road with beer and a loaded 243 in the truck....

hang me...

JasperDog94
09-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I've been out at 3:30 AM in a truck on a country road with beer and a loaded 243 in the truck....

hang me... lol:clap: :clap: :D

Phil C
09-05-2006, 10:38 AM

hang me...

:D :clap:

JasperDog94
09-05-2006, 10:42 AM
There is something to be said about personal responsibility. Maybe he should have made some different choices.

However, he did take a drug test and the gun point is mute. It's not like he got to "test drive" a car for 6 months or anything.

BTW - I wonder if the chief would have a problem with this?:D

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

BTW - I wonder if the chief would have a problem with this?:D

Quite a few

JasperDog94
09-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Quite a few But he didn't seem to have any problems with drug use.

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
But he didn't seem to have any problems with drug use.

Yah but did he'd seem to have problems with UT and drug use I guess...

kaorder1999
09-05-2006, 10:51 AM
i dont know much about this story but isnt posession of a firearm (no matter if its registered or you have a concealed handgun permit) along with the possession of a controlled substance a felony?

District303aPastPlayer
09-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i dont know much about this story but isnt posession of a firearm (no matter if its registered or you have a concealed handgun permit) along with the possession of a controlled substance a felony?

i think so... good call...

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 10:54 AM

very good point

kaorder1999
09-05-2006, 10:55 AM
very good point

im proud of myself...the first good point Ive made in weeks or months...or....nevermind

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 11:00 AM
IS beer a controlled substance :confused:

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2006, 11:02 AM
im proud of myself...the first good point Ive made in weeks or months...or....nevermind
No, I think I remember you having one sometime.... :thinking: :thinking: Well, I thought I did. :doh: ;)

STANG RED
09-05-2006, 11:31 AM

hang me...

Yea, but according to what I'm hearing, they were running 90 mph, and weaving in and out of traffic on a highway.

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yea, but according to what I'm hearing, they were running 90 mph, and weaving in and out of traffic on a highway.

Well we fired a shot at an animal...

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 11:40 AM
My Opening Statement: Aaron Harris should take full responsibility of the drug charges if the Brown and Gatewood's test come back negative.

Second: If Brown and Gatewood were asleep Aaron Harris could have lit one up. He admitted to the police that he had been smoking marijuana.

Third: Lets focus on the Ohio State game.

TMer25
09-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Brown and Gatewood are now officially out for Saturday.

Adidas410s
09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
My Opening Statement: Aaron Harris should take full responsibility of the drug charges if the Brown and Gatewood's test come back negative.

Second: If Brown and Gatewood were asleep Aaron Harris could have lit one up. He admitted to the police that he had been smoking marijuana.

ahem...homer...ahem...;)

kaorder1999
09-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight

it doesnt matter if they were asleep or not. They were in a car with a weapon that was registered to him and there was a controlled substance in the car. THAT IS A FELONY

PHS Wildcats
09-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Come on now, how about thinking rationally. All 3 of those guys made a CHOICE to be in that car. And just how high or drunk are you to not even wake up when the car you're riding in is stopped on I-35? And the loaded gun mysteriously winds up in your lap? Were all of them doing drugs? Probably not - but that is not the point. A message has to be sent that this behavior will not be tolerated. Weed, guns, & 3:00 AM do not mix. Scholarship athletes at major schools are under a lot of scrutiny & have to know better. Take off the orange blinders man! I don't care if it is a Bear, Red Raider, Aggie, Horn, or whoever else - this is criminal behavior & for that there are consequences. Plus, this is not the 1st Texas athlete to have pot & legal issues recently (Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Ramonce Taylor, car stopped near Huntsville w/ Selvin Young, Larry Dibbles, Edorian McCullough, & Aaron Harris, & now this yesterday). Do you really think Ricky's drug problems started after college? Mack has no choice but to at minimum suspend the 2 current players & tell Aaron Harris to stay the heck away from the program. The gun range story, drugs not mine, yada yada yada, it is still criminal behavior & poor choices by guys who should know better. Now their selfishness has created a distraction before a huge game vs. Ohio State.

Playing college sports is a privilege, not a right. You have a bulls-eye on your back. With the good comes the bad when you sign a letter of intent to represent that university. Make better choices & choose better friends. To say wrong place, wrong time is horribly weak & naive. They know Aaron Harris better than anybody - he's their former teammate currently living with them!! Do you want to be "gangsta" Miami? Athletics are the front porch to the university, & right now that porch needs to be remodeled. I think Mack will move forward to clean up his tarnished program after much embarrassment. Some players' actions have reflected poorly on everyone & graduation rates are way down too. Did you call Bomar stupid for his actions? To make excuses now just because these guys wear burnt orange on Saturdays reeks of hypocrisy. No one person is bigger than the entire program.

I didn't ask for anyone to agree with me. I stated before that it was my opinion only.

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 11:39 PM
it doesnt matter if they were asleep or not. They were in a car with a weapon that was registered to him and there was a controlled substance in the car. THAT IS A FELONY Obviously not if they are calling it a Class A Misdemeanor. :rolleyes:

KTJ
09-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I also heard that this was all plotted by Bob Stoops and his gang of merry thugs.

BTEXDAD
09-06-2006, 07:39 AM

hang me...

As long as you didn't have a spotlight, we'll let it slide.