PDA

View Full Version : Region I Game of the Week (1): Abilene Wylie @ Iowa Park

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Abilene Wylie Bulldogs will travel to Iowa Park to take on the GreenMonsters...uhm, I mean the Hawks. ;)

AW lost a close game, 14-18, in zero week to Brownwood (4A). They return 4 starters (2/2) from the 2005 D1 quarterfinalist team. Can Edwards and company make up for the loss of Case Keenum?

IP had a rough zero week game against 2A move-up Argyle (2005 2A D1 finalists) and lost 40-16. They return 6 starters (3/3) from their DII 2005 area finalist team. Can Coach Ellis have the young team ready for the Dogs?

Thoughts? Predictions?

carter08
09-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Wylie will win

injuredinmelee
09-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I will watch the IP film tomorrow so I will knwo more then but jsut from watching Wylie this last week.... They have to tackle better and play at the line of scrimmage on dfefense. They have to mak contact with the ball carrier at the line of scrimmage. IP in the past and I am sure this year is the same is grind it out offense. They lull you to sleep with sweep after sweep and counter after counter. The Hawks have always been known as a physical team and Wylie will have to match up well in the trenches as I am sure the boys in Green and Black up front will be tough as nails. Wylie has good size on the line of scrimmage and must use that size to fill holes and keep the linebackers free to roam up and down the line.

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Wylie will win Thats a big statement!!:p

sweetwater07
09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
i voted Wylie.....but i kinda thought that Sweetwater vs. Brownwood would be the Region 1 game of the week.....don't gripe at me for being a homer please...:(

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i voted Wylie.....but i kinda thought that Sweetwater vs. Brownwood would be the Region 1 game of the week.....don't gripe at me for being a homer please...:( BWAH HA!!! Yeah, I voted Decatur and Brewer...but whos ever heard of them?

wildstangs
09-04-2006, 10:32 PM
I voted for Wylie. IP lost quite a bit from last year, and the Bulldogs are only going to get better.

Stownhorse
09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
wylie no doubt....but y is this the game of the week?

Heyoverthere
09-04-2006, 11:08 PM
starting off with a loss to Bwood how do you think the Bulldogs will do this week??..........me i dont think they are ready for a team like Iowa Park unless im mistaken i have heard they are..well a GOOD TEAM!!!

District303aPastPlayer
09-04-2006, 11:09 PM
actually....

SWEETWATER IS GOOD!!!!!

wylie is just average :p

mrescape43
09-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
actually....

SWEETWATER IS GOOD!!!!!

wylie is just average :p

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

This has nothing to do with this thread

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-05-2006, 12:01 AM
IP is young this year. They have good coaching and will throw about every gadget at you that there is. So you have to play your responsibilies well. I think that plays well into the hands of Wylie and I bet that they get on the winning track this week against the Hawks.

IP will need all of the non-district games to put it all together and gel. Somewhat like last year. So these early games will be on the field experience builders.

GreenMonster
09-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
IP is young this year. They have good coaching and will throw about every gadget at you that there is. So you have to play your responsibilies well. I think that plays well into the hands of Wylie and I bet that they get on the winning track this week against the Hawks.

IP will need all of the non-district games to put it all together and gel. Somewhat like last year. So these early games will be on the field experience builders.

I don't want to predict a winner. Instead I think that the team that makes the fewest mistakes will take this one. Wylie is young this year as well. I think that the actual talent levels of these 2 teams are pretty comperable. I think both of these teams did a lot of growing up this week in practice after having gotten their feet wet last Friday night. We'll see which one comes out on top come Friday night. Should be a good one between two proud programs.

RMAC
09-05-2006, 12:19 AM
It seems to me that these past few years, it's taken these teams some time to get going, just that IP usually waits until the game before or the first district game to get things going. I'll say Wylie in a close one.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2006, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
wylie no doubt....but y is this the game of the week?
Why not? Do you know anyone from Brownwood that posts on here? Uhm....NO. I had a separate thread asking for opinions. Did you reply? Uhm....NO. :dispntd:

injuredinmelee
09-05-2006, 07:41 AM
get em other mom....

:clap: ;) :clap: ;)

i think this is the mopst evenly matched game in the region this week. Also two teams that have made good runs. Sweetwater and Bwood is the game that I would be at if it wasnt for the two teams i follow the most playing each other. I think Sweetwater wins that one by two scores this friday.

TheDOCTORdre
09-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Wylie by 6

BMOC
09-05-2006, 09:50 AM
This is a good game to see where the Dogs are at.

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why not? Do you know anyone from Brownwood that posts on here? Uhm....NO. I had a separate thread asking for opinions. Did you reply? Uhm....NO. :dispntd:

Did I say anything about Brownwood...um NO!

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Did I say anything about Brownwood...um NO!
Sorry, I should've included 07's quote as well, since he did mention Bwood. :p

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Sorry, I should've included 07's quote as well, since he did mention Bwood. :p

haha yea but he is a loser anyways

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Abiline Wylie

NateDawg39
09-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Why not? Do you know anyone from Brownwood that posts on here? Uhm....NO. I had a separate thread asking for opinions. Did you reply? Uhm....NO. :dispntd: BWAH HA!!! I post for B-WOOD!!! I have a friend from B-WOOD!!!

sweetwater07
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
BWAH HA!!! Yeah, I voted Decatur and Brewer...but whos ever heard of them?

i've heard of brewer....i used to play tennis against them....that airport or something is close to their school huh??

sweetwater07
09-05-2006, 08:41 PM
haha yea but he is a loser anyways

shut up lefty!!:mad:

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 09:18 PM
shut up lefty!!:mad:

Shouldnt you be worryin about how Gomez didnt in the v-ball games? hahahaha

Snydertigersrul
09-05-2006, 09:43 PM
How come this is the game of the week, and most people on here are talking Brownwood-Sweetwater?

Cameron Crazy
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Wylie wins big!

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
How come this is the game of the week, and most people on here are talking Brownwood-Sweetwater?

cuz it should be the game of the week

Snydertigersrul
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
cuz it should be the game of the week

I agree. To me, the Sweetwater-Brownwood game would have been a better choice than Wylie and Iowa Park.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2006, 10:35 PM
QUIT GRIPING ABOUT IT! Sheesh!!!!!!!!! :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Sweetwater may NEVER make the game of the week, at this rate. :rolleyes:

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 10:39 PM

hey not all of us that are griping are from S'water lol

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2006, 10:54 PM
hey not all of us that are griping are from S'water lol
Well, that should make you proud. :p

NOW....back to the game.

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Well, that should make you proud. :p

NOW....back to the game.

lol is the game in IP? or Abilene?

Ranger Mom
09-05-2006, 11:07 PM

Cool!! Can I put dibs in the game of the week when Greenwood and Snyder play?? Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie play the same day!!:D :D :D

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Cool!! Can I put dibs in the game of the week when Greenwood and Snyder play?? Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie play the same day!!:D :D :D

Dang the madre's are ganging up on me:crying:

Ranger Mom
09-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Dang the madre's are ganging up on me:crying:

Actually...you had nothing to do with my post...I was just trying to get my foot in the door!:p

Stownhorse
09-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Actually...you had nothing to do with my post...I was just trying to get my foot in the door!:p

I think you got it in alright..

Macarthur
09-06-2006, 08:51 AM
I picked Wylie. I hope I'm wrong. It would not surprise me if IP won because Ellis' teams have always been pretty resilient. I just think the IP team needs more time and should hit their stride in week 4.

HAN SING
09-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Han Sing say Wylie will bounce back this friday. Bulldog do jackie Chan number on hawks. But this still not year of dog.

Adidas410s
09-06-2006, 10:41 AM

I knew we could count on you to point that out! :thumbsup:

KTJ
09-06-2006, 11:38 AM
lol is the game in IP? or Abilene?

Read the title of the thread and you tell us.

:nerd:

injuredinmelee
09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Heck I am leaving Abilene at about noon for this one. Looking forward to it.

Stownhorse
09-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Read the title of the thread and you tell us.

:nerd:

My bad SMART @$$!

DaHop72
09-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Cool!! Can I put dibs in the game of the week when Greenwood and Snyder play?? Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie play the same day!!:D :D :D I think that is a great idea.:thumbsup:

Johnny Moxen
09-06-2006, 02:56 PM
I think Wylie will win this one if they can execute. You can't have something wrong on 65% of the offensive plays (such as misalignment, missed blocking assigments and general mass confusion) as they did last week and expect to win. I think Coach Sandifer (and their performance against B-wood) will have them headed in the right direction this week.

pero chato
09-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
I think Wylie will win this one if they can execute. You can't have something wrong on 65% of the offensive plays (such as misalignment, missed blocking assigments and general mass confusion) as they did last week and expect to win. I think Coach Sandifer (and their performance against B-wood) will have them headed in the right direction this week.

My thoughts exactly. I've never seen such a chaotic mess as the offense last week. When they weren't fumbling, it was hike the ball, panic, then sling it or run.

mustang04
09-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
My thoughts exactly. I've never seen such a chaotic mess as the offense last week. When they weren't fumbling, it was hike the ball, panic, then sling it or run.

yeah, i was at the game...i felt bad for Gary Edwards, if that kid had somewhat ANY decent blocking, yall would have done good, he didnt have time to see any open receivers and get a good pass off..dont worry, i have no doubt Sandifer will get everything running like clockwork

sweetwater07
09-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Shouldnt you be worryin about how Gomez didnt in the v-ball games? hahahaha

just because we have a history and yall don't...don't get mad at me...hahahaha...

thewyliefan
09-06-2006, 09:13 PM
just cause it was first week jitters and almost none of the kids have even seen the varsity field and played at that speed for wylie in the first game alot of people think they are going to be horrible for some reason. These boys do have talents its just hitting the stride they need which will be this week i'm sure. I've seen them practicing and that o-line is ready to make a statement after the bwood game. The offense should come out guns blazing and D will be complete domination.

and by the way.....bwood by 3:)
nothing personal aginst sweetwater but i'm sure bwood fixed the errors from last week

NDFootball
09-06-2006, 09:50 PM
well said wyliefan...

injuredinmelee
09-06-2006, 11:00 PM
I think we will see Sandifer roll Edwards out of the pocket to get hi to throw downfield. I think he will be quicker in his decisions this week on whether he wants to tuck and run or throw.

Ranger Mom
09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I think that is a great idea.:thumbsup:

It's only fair you know.....they ARE getting the T-Shirt for that game......I think we need SOME kind of love too!!:p

pirate4state
09-07-2006, 10:53 AM
It's only fair you know.....they ARE getting the T-Shirt for that game......I think we need SOME kind of love too!!:p Well, you are getting shirt #2!! :kiss:

Stownhorse
09-07-2006, 11:20 AM
just because we have a history and yall don't...don't get mad at me...hahahaha...

Yea yall sure do have a history....one that I dont wanna have with her...stalking ::cough cough::...dont get mad at me....hahahahaha....

Ranger Mom
09-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, you are getting shirt #2!! :kiss:

Yeah...but that's the "scrub shirt....the guinea pig shirt...the cast off shirt......

I WANT THE "OFFICIAL" SHIRT!!!!

or.....I will be happy being the game of the week that week!! :p :p

DaHop72
09-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah...but that's the "scrub shirt....the guinea pig shirt...the cast off shirt......

I WANT THE "OFFICIAL" SHIRT!!!!

or.....I will be happy being the game of the week that week!! :p :p And I've already signed that one.:bigcry: :bigcry: :devil:

Ranger Mom
09-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And I've already signed that one.:bigcry: :bigcry: :devil:

Me too!!!!!

pirate4state
09-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Okay - so maybe we'll send the scrub shirt to AW. :eek: :thinking:

DaHop72
09-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Okay - so maybe we'll send the scrub shirt to AW. :eek: :thinking: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
09-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Okay - so maybe we'll send the scrub shirt to AW. :eek: :thinking:

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Actually......Sweetwater has already had it too!!!

You have Snyder/Sweetwater/Greenwood sigs on it so far!!

EricDraven
09-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Sweetwater and Brownwood will be a classic, but the 'Dogs and Hawks het the spotlight this week. Purple and Gold by 23.

pirate4state
09-07-2006, 12:31 PM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Actually......Sweetwater has already had it too!!!

You have Snyder/Sweetwater/Greenwood sigs on it so far!!

I'm sure there are some folks that didn't get to sign the "scrub" shirt. That game is still a month away.

Back to the Abilene Wylie/Iowa Park game. Sounds like both teams are young and are trying to "find themselves". Could go either way. I'll say Abilene Wylie by 7. Good Luck to both teams!! :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
09-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Gonna leave for Iowa Park here in about an hour or so. Now seems like the time to make my prediction (cause I know yall want to know):

AW by 7. This game will come down to the 4th quarter and AW will score late to win it. THis game will be low scoring and might even come down to the field goal kickers.

hawkfan
09-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Gonna leave for Iowa Park here in about an hour or so. Now seems like the time to make my prediction (cause I know yall want to know):

AW by 7. This game will come down to the 4th quarter and AW will score late to win it. THis game will be low scoring and might even come down to the field goal kickers.

Well if it come down to a Field Goal, I hear the Hawks have A pretty good kicker

GreenMonster
09-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Brownwood is 4A you monkey-heads. Can't be a 3A game of the week if'n your a 4A school. IP/Wylie at least fits the classification requirements. Unfortunately, I agree with MacArthur on his prediction. Hawks are a couple of weeks away still. I think it will be fairly close though.

Stownhorse
09-09-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Brownwood is 4A you monkey-heads. Can't be a 3A game of the week if'n your a 4A school. IP/Wylie at least fits the classification requirements. Unfortunately, I agree with MacArthur on his prediction. Hawks are a couple of weeks away still. I think it will be fairly close though.

Chief foot in mouth.....if im not mistaken Bandera is 4A and they are playing Hondo for the Region IV game of the week...explain that one monkey-head

thewyliefan
09-09-2006, 02:37 AM
i do believe wylie won 21-7....7 points came from the 3rd and 4th teamers aginst IP first teamers with less than a min. left

wylie moved the ball a whooooole lot better than last week

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Chief foot in mouth.....if im not mistaken Bandera is 4A and they are playing Hondo for the Region IV game of the week...explain that one monkey-head
Well, monkey-head. Bandera is 3A and is in the district with Wimberley. :p

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Well, monkey-head. Bandera is 3A and is in the district with Wimberley. :p

Neener neener neener! :crazy1: :crazy:

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 07:40 AM

It's OK, I will be more than happy to accept a full and very public apology from you as soon as you can manage to get to it. :D

Talk about having a foot in one's mouth. GEEEEEEZ

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Neener neener neener! :crazy1: :crazy:
:D Just for you, GM....the "neener" smilie. ;)

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/neener.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/neener.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/neener.gif

Ranger Mom
09-09-2006, 09:03 AM
What is the old saying???

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain ...

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 10:04 AM
ttt

NDFootball
09-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
i do believe wylie won 21-7....7 points came from the 3rd and 4th teamers aginst IP first teamers with less than a min. left

wylie moved the ball a whooooole lot better than last week

21-7 is not good enough....

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 11:26 PM
ttt

GreenMonster
09-09-2006, 11:43 PM
It's OK, I will be more than happy to accept a full and very public apology from you as soon as you can manage to get to it. :D

Talk about having a foot in one's mouth. GEEEEEEZ

I'm still waiting. :p

Macarthur
09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
sounds like the hawks could have made it closer if they had held onto the ball?