PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound legit?

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Here is what is leaking out from the arrest..doesw this sound legit?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/090506dnspoutledesf.68f649cd.html

here is main part I am talking about

Jamie Balagia, the attorney for Tarell Brown and Gatewood, said the car and gun belonged to Gatewood.

"Tyrell bought the gun legally and signed all the ATF paperwork," Balagia said. "That’s his gun. He had taken it to the shooting range and forgot he had it in the car. It slid out from under the driver's seat, and Tarell picked it up and put in his lap. Then he fell asleep."

Balagia said Brown and Gatewood took drug tests for Texas on Monday to prove they were not smoking marijuana.

"They don't engage in that kind of activity," Balagia said. "That was something Aaron Harris is taking full credit for."

carter08
09-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Driver fell asleep? Sounds illegal

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I want lists...hahaha i couldnt resist

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 06:13 PM
LOL yea sorry no lists..and carter the driver did not fall asleep

lostaussie
09-04-2006, 06:13 PM
for some reason that reminded me of the sam kennison story when his wife packed a loaded gun in his airplane luggage:D

carter08
09-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL yea sorry no lists..and carter the driver did not fall asleep

But thats what you said :confused:

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 06:14 PM
is Gatewood #1?

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by carter08
But thats what you said :confused:
no the passenger Tarell, fell asleep

SintonFan
09-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Harris was still in jail late Monday afternoon.
Hmmmmm....
Turns out that the county jail had a holiday buffet today.

PHS Wildcats
09-04-2006, 06:52 PM
According to ESPN, Brown has suspended Brown from all activities until more info is presented.

I hope this satisfies all the UT haters!!!

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 06:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573024

bobcat1
09-04-2006, 07:45 PM
A deal might have been struck with subject Harris the scapegoat. Let me get this right; the driver is weaving on the road and admits to smoking pot. These 2 college kids, one is a senior, is going to fall asleep letting a person that is so loaded he can't drive straight take them somewhere. Yea.... I am not buying it completely. :rolleyes:

sinton66
09-04-2006, 08:31 PM
according to sheriff's records. Brown and Gatewood were asleep in the car

It was the POLICE that said they were asleep according to the story in the link.

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
A deal might have been struck with subject Harris the scapegoat. Let me get this right; the driver is weaving on the road and admits to smoking pot. These 2 college kids, one is a senior, is going to fall asleep letting a person that is so loaded he can't drive straight take them somewhere. Yea.... I am not buying it completely. :rolleyes:

Try this on for size..and no lists

They have been at a club, or party..They are heading hime at 2:50AM...The two passengers fall asleep and Harris decides to light up one.

NOT SAYING it happened, but asking is could that happen?

bobcat1
09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
It could happen, yes, but come on now. Those boys don't know he's holding. I guess maybe they went to the gun range beforehand also? Had ear protectors and everything for the recreational 9mm handgun......Come on now!

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 08:53 PM
It could happen, yes, but come on now. Those boys don't know he's holding. I guess maybe they went to the gun range beforehand also? Had ear protectors and everything for the recreational 9mm handgun......Come on now!

or maybe the fact the car is owned by Gatewood he had it in his car fir a couple of days.

Never said I believed story, hence why I asked in title does it sound legit.

bobcat1
09-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I didn't figure a person of sound mind would believe it. It will most likely get a big nice coat of whitewash and we won't hear of it again. It has been a fun day though while it rained, See ya!

SintonFan
09-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Is a "blunt" a type of 9mm round?

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Is a "blunt" a type of 9mm round?
:doh: It's some type of "cigarette". :smoker:

SintonFan
09-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: It's some type of "cigarette". :smoker:
OK. I know what it is but jeez lol maybe for once I could be wrong?!? :( :D

sinton66
09-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I didn't figure a person of sound mind would believe it. It will most likely get a big nice coat of whitewash and we won't hear of it again. It has been a fun day though while it rained, See ya!

Well, I don't know how you approach these things, but I prefer to let the legal system run its course before I make up my mind. In other words, I try real hard not to jump to conclusions.