PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell at Rockdale

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Hard to judge much since both teams played well on Friday. Caldwell played great in a game on Friday that could have been far more lopsided if some starters had stayed in and turnovers been prevented.

But then, Gonzales is better than Elgin. The key for the Hornets is to remember revenge is on someone's mind here, and that you can't celebrate one victory for more than a weekend.

Caldwell 29, Rockdale 17

ILS1
09-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Caldwell 35

Rockdale 20

I gave Rockdale a few points because of that special "home cooking"!!!!! :clap:

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Caldwell 35

Rockdale 20

I gave Rockdale a few points because of that special "home cooking"!!!!! :clap:

Is Andy's still open? I went there 20 years ago and it rocked.

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Caldwell

Highschoolfan78
09-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Caldwell rolls

ILS1
09-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by hereandnow
Is Andy's still open? I went there 20 years ago and it rocked.

I meant the "special cooking" with the men in stripes!!! LOL!!!

:D :eek: :clap: :thinking:

Bull's-eye
09-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Caldwell wins!

Could somebody from Caldwell tell the "Voice" of Caldwell football hello from his relatives in Sugar Land.

87 TIGER
09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Is Andy's still open? I went there 20 years ago and it rocked. Thats funny, no Andy's is not open been long closed.
Anyway---Rockdale 30--Caldwell 21
Tigers O pretty good & the D way better than Elgin.

sicem74
09-04-2006, 10:36 PM
rdale wins w major running game
rockdale-27
caldwell-24

strike hard
09-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Caldwell by 7 or less

CHS_CG
09-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Caldwell wins!

Could somebody from Caldwell tell the "Voice" of Caldwell football hello from his relatives in Sugar Land.

got ya covered. Dont see "the Voice" much but If I do I will sure them him know yall sent your hellos!

I think Caldwell will have this one but I agree with strikehard it will be a close game

Caldwell by 7

Dogman_1969
09-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Rockdale 27
Caldwell 14

Rockdale looks to be gaining confidence in the new schemes and coaching staff. Tigers are young this year and if they can avoid mistakes\miscues in the red zone they should be in good shape on Friday.

hereandnow
09-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Rockdale 27
Caldwell 14

Rockdale looks to be gaining confidence in the new schemes and coaching staff. Tigers are young this year and if they can avoid mistakes\miscues in the red zone they should be in good shape on Friday.

If Rockdale pulls this off, I can assure you it won't be by two TD's. Show a little respect.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I for one say we let the kids decide the outcome of the game on Friday night.

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I for one say we let the kids decide the outcome of the game on Friday night. Ah you gotta love the internet fighting!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I for one say we let the kids decide the outcome of the game on Friday night.
Yes, let's not have an opinion on any game beforehand. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, let's not have an opinion on any game beforehand. ;)
Never, that is simply out of the question. :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Caldwells 1st opponent was very weak, what is Caldwells schedule? The hornets might have it easy untill Giddings and Bellville.

87 TIGER
09-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Caldwells 1st opponent was very weak, what is Caldwells schedule? The hornets might have it easy untill Giddings and Bellville. this friday easy?---I doubt it

CHS_CG
09-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Caldwells 1st opponent was very weak, what is Caldwells schedule? The hornets might have it easy untill Giddings and Bellville.

Aug. 19 Lexington Lexington TBA

Aug. 24 Taylor Caldwell TBA

Sept. 1 Elgin Caldwell 7:30

Sept. 8 Rockdale Rockdale 7:30

Sept. 15 Hearne Hearne 7:30

Sept. 22 Robinson Robinson 7:30

Sept. 29 OPEN OPEN
Oct. 6 Hutto Caldwell 7:30

Oct. 13 *Smithville Caldwell 7:30

Oct. 20 *La Grange La Grange 7:30

Oct. 27
*Giddings
Caldwell
7:30

Nov. 3
*Navasota
Caldwell

Nov. 10
*Bellville
Bellville

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Lexington is GOOD! Well for 2a at least.

hereandnow
09-05-2006, 04:47 PM

Yea, I tell you what. Battling a "weak" Lexington team to a 0-0 draw and then manhandling a Taylor team in its second scrimmage by two touchdowns (other near-scores were stopped short by coaches) sure tells the tale about how pathetic Caldwell is and how intimidated they are to play the likes of lowly Hutto and Robinson in non-district. Give me a break! Whatever you're smoking, I want some of it.

The Hornets could make it to the fourth round of the playoffs and someone out there would scream bloody foul that they were borrowing NFL players.

hereandnow
09-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
this friday easy?---I doubt it

Yea, Rockdale is headed to

STATE!

:hand:

hereandnow
09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Lexington is GOOD! Well for 2a at least.

... and I'll bet a certain maroon team wouldn't be saying that if they didn't have that little 2A school on their schedule as well.

You better watch out. Lexington ain't no Franklin.

hutex04
09-05-2006, 06:02 PM
CALDWELL is only playing the 3a state runner up before district. That would be a hutto team that went 13-3. Lexington would beat lots of 3a teams, they are a top 10 2a team. Rockdale is a very good program and I feel that its a close game. I think Caldwell pulls away in the end. Something to the sum of 28-16

hereandnow
09-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
CALDWELL is only playing the 3a state runner up before district. That would be a hutto team that went 13-3. Lexington would beat lots of 3a teams, they are a top 10 2a team. Rockdale is a very good program and I feel that its a close game. I think Caldwell pulls away in the end. Something to the sum of 28-16

Thanks, bud.

Hippos rock.... :clap:

Johnny Utah
09-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Just an opinion but Caldwell will gain RESPECT once they do get the program into the playoffs on a consistant basis, and 3 or 4 rounds deep. This game will be a good one, and will probably be close. All the towns around that area have good rivalries. The Tigers are no slouch. Rockdale 21 Caldwell 20. Lexington is one of the best 2a teams in the state, hands down. There is a reason they scrimmage most of the 3a's in that area and not play them. No one wants to have a loss by a 2a school on their hands.

hereandnow
09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Just an opinion but Caldwell will gain RESPECT once they do get the program into the playoffs on a consistant basis, and 3 or 4 rounds deep. This game will be a good one, and will probably be close. All the towns around that area have good rivalries. The Tigers are no slouch. Rockdale 21 Caldwell 20. Lexington is one of the best 2a teams in the state, hands down. There is a reason they scrimmage most of the 3a's in that area and not play them. No one wants to have a loss by a 2a school on their hands.

Agree with most of what you said, but the final score?

Don't rag on Elgin too much. Read the following story about a scrimmage vs. a certain blue and gold team:

http://www.elgincourier.com/articles/2006/08/30/news/sports/sports01.txt

Johnny Utah
09-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Do not know what is up with Elgin lately. They used to be very good when they were 3a and in that district. Every game between those schools in that area should be fun to watch. Rockdale has to earn some respect this year being picked like they are. The Ducks should contend, but it looks as if the Yoeman have a pretty good squad as does Liberty Hill. Caldwells district is BRUTAL. Giddings put it on a very good Wimberly team and Bellville is always tough. Going to be exciting. Go TIGERS!!!

hereandnow
09-06-2006, 10:29 AM

Yea, Im thinking of skipping a Caldwell game just to see how well Lexington pours it on Cameron in a few weeks.

Texas-Fight
09-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Yea, Im thinking of skipping a Caldwell game just to see how well Lexington pours it on Cameron in a few weeks. I wouldn't look for Lexington to pour it on cameron. But I think Cameon slips by Lexington.

hereandnow
09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't look for Lexington to pour it on cameron. But I think Cameon slips by Lexington.

maybe not pour, but I can tell you that Lexington would make the playoffs in good 3A district.

Texas-Fight
09-06-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't know much about them but from seeing how deep they go in playoffs and the consistent rankings in the top 10, I can agree with you they would.

Johnny Utah
09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
This is a fact. Granger won the Class 1a State title in 1997, went 13-1. There only loss was the first game of the year, 34-0 to LEXINGTON!!! I believe Lexington went to the 2a semifinals that year. Amazing talent. One of Lexingtons stud defensive tackles was a senior and had played his previous 3 years at Rockdale.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Yea, Rockdale is headed to

STATE!

:hand:

I think he never had the intentions of saying that Rockdale was heading to state, but from what he has said, I have came to the conclusion that this Rockdale team, just like many of the teams before this one, have always fought hard until the end and are going to come out swinging. I also think that it is a fair assessment that Caldwell and every team that Rockdale faces will come to know that being proud and playing until the very end has been a tradition in Rockdale for many, many years.

hereandnow
09-06-2006, 11:50 AM
I think he never had the intentions of saying that Rockdale was heading to state, but from what he has said, I have came to the conclusion that this Rockdale team, just like many of the teams before this one, have always fought hard until the end and are going to come out swinging. I also think that it is a fair assessment that Caldwell and every team that Rockdale faces will come to know that being proud and playing until the very end has been a tradition in Rockdale for many, many years.

I'll grant you that, and I appreciate you for always taking random comments in stride.

Gig 'em

Texas-Fight
09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
The yell position for the Aggies and the thumbs up...I find that ironic! JUST KIDDING!

hereandnow
09-06-2006, 01:51 PM
The yell position for the Aggies and the thumbs up...I find that ironic! JUST KIDDING!

Let's hear it big for ole' t.u.
where the girls are girls
and the boys are too.

CHS_CG
09-06-2006, 02:14 PM
t.u.
where the girls are girls
and the boys are too.

i so have a T-Shirt that says that! I wore it to yell practice last friday! lol

ILS1
09-06-2006, 04:53 PM
This is a fact. Granger won the Class 1a State title in 1997, went 13-1. There only loss was the first game of the year, 34-0 to LEXINGTON!!! I believe Lexington went to the 2a semifinals that year. Amazing talent. One of Lexingtons stud defensive tackles was a senior and had played his previous 3 years at Rockdale.

Granger's QB that year was Brandon Everage. Who went on to play at Oklahoma for 4 years.

:D

ILS1
09-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Granger's QB that year was Brandon Everage. Who went on to play at Oklahoma for 4 years.

BTW, how would you have liked to play in this district in the 90's. These teams were all in the same district for most of the 90's. 5 out of 9 Class A Championships in the 90's,were won by these 3 teams within about a 25-30 mile radius from each other!!! WOW!!!

Bartlett '89,'92 & '99
Thorndale '94 & '95
Granger '97

The '89 Bartlett team was headed up by All-State RB and now HC of Austin LBJ Claude Mathis. I believe Elgin HC Darrin Bickham was also on this team or one of Bartlett's championship teams. I'm not sure which one.

hutex04
09-06-2006, 06:12 PM
good input ILS1 I remember hutto playing Bartlette my 9th grade year beating them. They were still BARTLETTE back then. I dont think they have done too well lately

Johnny Utah
09-07-2006, 07:42 AM
That was back in the day that all of those 1A teams would crush Hutto. Hutto has come a LONG WAY. Brandon Everage did start for OU at Free Safety, but his older brother James, was the best player on that State Championship team, talent wise anyway. Whatever happened to Twonne Simmons from Thorndale??? He was really good.

Johnny Utah
09-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Why has Bartlett fallen off so much? Go TIGERS!!!!

hereandnow
09-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I remember passing through Hutto 25 years ago and snickering when I passed its football stands off Hwy. 79. It couldn't have seated more than 200 people - about like a Little League bleachers. To see the growth nowadays is amazing.

Nobody's snickering any more....

ILS1
09-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Why has Bartlett fallen off so much? Go TIGERS!!!!

Talent is not there right now. In small schools it comes in cycles. BTW,I remember Twone Simmons played for T-dale. He got a waiver from the UIL to play his Senior year,I believe he was either 19 or 20 years old!!! The last 2 years in 2A Hutto beat T-dale & Bartlett twice quite badly the last year and they finally beat Granger. Against T-dale,2A All-State POY RB Philip Graves (who's now a starting LB @ UNT) ran for a school record 514 yards and 8 TD's in that one game!!!! Funny thing is,when I went to Hutto from K-12 grade and we NEVER played T-dale but I remember playing Bartlett once. HC @ Bartlett is Mark Anglin,he used to be Hutto's DC in the late 90's.

hereandnow
09-09-2006, 05:21 PM

0-27

Nuff said

Johnny Utah
09-11-2006, 10:45 AM
You beat a good Rockdale team, now win them all and go three or four rounds and you will get my respect.