wos fan1
09-04-2006, 12:32 AM
http://www.cnn.com/

wos fan1
09-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Damn i hated to hear that!! :crying:

manormustangs
09-04-2006, 12:34 AM
YEP KILLED BUY A STINGRAY SHOCK TO HIS CHEST.........

MORE INFO AT
WWW.NEWS.COM.AU

injuredinmelee
09-04-2006, 12:35 AM
RIP!!! Terrible tragic loss. Two young kids.

wos fan1
09-04-2006, 12:38 AM
All those years never killed by an Alligator, Croc or shark and of all things a Sting? He'll be missed.

mustang04
09-04-2006, 12:46 AM
i am KINDA sad for him, but then again, its like that Grizzly bear enthusiast who got eaten years back along w/ his girlfriend...when you play with fire, dont be surprised when you get burned, but yes it is a tragic incident

bulldogman06
09-04-2006, 01:02 AM
That is really sad, I loved that show when I was younger

Highschoolfan78
09-04-2006, 01:10 AM
wow.. never thought he'd die by something that didnt have sharp teeth

footballgal
09-04-2006, 01:27 AM
They don't bite, I don't think. I am pretty sure it was the big stinger (tail), that's what killed him, plus I imagine it's the poison had something to do with it too. A small stingray, stung my hubby on his foot when he stepped on it, while fishing and it's extremely painful. Poor Irvin, he must have suffered, or maybe not since it went right through his chest. But most animals, insects, reptiles & etc. in Australia are either the most poisonous or dangerous in the world, and most likely this stingray wasn't any different.

injuredinmelee
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
I always figured it would be a snake that got him.

KTA
09-04-2006, 01:58 AM
It is sad, I thought it would of been a snake that got him as well. When I first heard he died I read it was a marine accident, so I just figured he lost oxygen or something until I read differently on yahoo. Just kind of figured he was invincible when it came to animals.

99IHSMustang
09-04-2006, 02:05 AM
Sad news indeed :(

99IHSMustang
09-04-2006, 02:09 AM
Working with dangerous animals as he did involves lots of risks. He knew that and I don't think he had any regret before he passed away. He loved what he did and he will be truly missed by his family and loved ones. RIP "Crocodile Hunter" :(

mustang04
09-04-2006, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
They don't bite, I don't think. I am pretty sure it was the big stinger (tail), that's what killed him, plus I imagine it's the poison had something to do with it too. A small stingray, stung my hubby on his foot when he stepped on it, while fishing and it's extremely painful. Poor Irvin, he must have suffered, being that most animals, insects, reptiles in Australia are the most poisonous or dangerous in the world, and most likely this stingray wasn't any different.

including the most poisonous mammal in the world too!:)

injuredinmelee
09-04-2006, 03:34 AM
wow I cant believe how much this whole death bothers me. Not like I knew the guy personally, but for soem reason it has been bothering me all night long. I guess as many times as I watched his shows I feel like i knew him. Sounds corny as hell but hey...

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 06:00 AM
I think the fact he was just 44 is one reason it is shocking..but honestly, did anyone think he would live till he was 70 and die of cancer? This guy LOVED what he did, and died doing it. It was a dangerous job, and I always felt this would happen...just not from a stingray.

pirate44
09-04-2006, 06:23 AM
shocking to say the least. it messed up my morning :(

mrescape43
09-04-2006, 08:17 AM
The article I read claimed that the barb pierced his chest and put a hole in his heart. Terrible accident.

footballgal
09-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
including the most poisonous mammal in the world too!:) LOl, dangerous mammal not poisonous.

carter08
09-04-2006, 09:10 AM
a sting ray barb. wow

gobbler grad
09-04-2006, 09:22 AM
very sad news...:( always thought a 'Croc' would get him ...:thinking:
he will be missed, dearly...

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Come on, people. The guy got a rush out of proving what a big daredevil he was. He had to know all along that deadly creatures aren't impressed by courage. I always thought he was too "in your face" about his "job."

I get tired of people saying "he died loving what he did best." Did he think about what his kids would do if he bought the farm. Something tells me that when people pet his kids on the head and tell them how "brave" their daddy was, the kids would trade all that macho talk in for some more time with their father.

It's pretty selfish for his fans to defend his lifestyle because of what his death deprives them of. Now he's gone forever.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow I cant believe how much this whole death bothers me. Not like I knew the guy personally, but for soem reason it has been bothering me all night long. I guess as many times as I watched his shows I feel like i knew him. Sounds corny as hell but hey...

I know exactly how you feel!!!:(

fury900
09-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Terrible tragic loss

District303aPastPlayer
09-04-2006, 10:20 AM
for some reason, all i can think of is that he lived each day like it was his last... living life to the fullest...

injuredinmelee
09-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by hereandnow
Come on, people. The guy got a rush out of proving what a big daredevil he was. He had to know all along that deadly creatures aren't impressed by courage. I always thought he was too "in your face" about his "job."

I get tired of people saying "he died loving what he did best." Did he think about what his kids would do if he bought the farm. Something tells me that when people pet his kids on the head and tell them how "brave" their daddy was, the kids would trade all that macho talk in for some more time with their father.

It's pretty selfish for his fans to defend his lifestyle because of what his death deprives them of. Now he's gone forever.

We should all be lucky enough to get to do every day something that we love with all our hearts.

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 10:31 AM
We should all be lucky enough to get to do every day something that we love with all our hearts.

Provoking animals to look like a stud. I couldn't agree more.

Buckeye80
09-04-2006, 10:41 AM

GEEZ!!! You're not invited to my funeral.:p

injuredinmelee
09-04-2006, 10:53 AM

you can choose to look at it anyway you desire. I am saying it is all inthe name of teaching and research. Tellme honestly that you didnt learn something from watching his show. (here is your opening for a smart @$$ answer but try to overcome that)

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2006, 10:54 AM

It's pretty selfish for his fans to defend his lifestyle because of what his death deprives them of. Now he's gone forever. I agree with you too.....it'd be different if he were a single man with no children....but when you have two children that you brought into this world and are responsible for, then I think you need to curtail your dangerous lifestyle and think about your family and not just what a rush you could get. Tragic event, but selfish all the same, IMHO. Some comfort his documentaries will be to his children, instead of a hug their whole life (and his children are still very young). :(Yes I do think he showed us alot about how wild things live and he died doing it. Worth it? I wonder what he'd say now if he could tell us. I know no one can predict their death, when it's our time, it's our time. Just feel really bad for his family. R.I.P.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 10:54 AM

Hey!! That's sounds exactly what YOU do on here!!!:D

What a coincidence!!:p

pirate4state
09-04-2006, 11:00 AM
click me:p (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/alleluia.wav)

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2006, 11:04 AM

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey!! That's sounds exactly what YOU do on here!!!:D

What a coincidence!!:p

You're an animal? Yea, I wouldn't debate that. Id' be willing to bet you're married to a redneck.

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:07 AM
you can choose to look at it anyway you desire. I am saying it is all inthe name of teaching and research. Tellme honestly that you didnt learn something from watching his show. (here is your opening for a smart @$$ answer but try to overcome that)

He taught, he researched, he died.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:10 AM
You're an animal? Yea, I wouldn't debate that. Id' be willing to bet you're married to a redneck.

Haha....my husband is as far from a redneck as you can get!!

But...I guess you just admitted that you try to provoke me??

Oh well...you have tried for years now!!;) ;)

SWMustang
09-04-2006, 11:11 AM

Uh oh! :hairpunk:

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:11 AM

But...I guess you just admitted that you try to provoke me??

Oh well...you have tried for years now!!;) ;)

Caldwell poster, ingenious comebacks, former usernames........

and your point is?

................. are your kids EVER going to graduate ... or do you just chat here to play devil's advocate with logic?

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:16 AM

and your point is?

................. are your kids EVER going to graduate ... or do you just chat here to play devil's advocate with logic?

All of my kid's HAVE graduated....what's your point??

pirate4state
09-04-2006, 11:16 AM

and your point is?

................. are your kids EVER going to graduate ... or do you just chat here to play devil's advocate with logic? :rolleyes: death by cop :clap:

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:17 AM
All of my kid's HAVE graduated....what's your point??

You pick on my responses FAR more than I could attempt of anyone else's.

Agree with me or else. Is that the new downlow motto?

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:rolleyes: death by cop :clap:

.... and we know that no one else on here has EVER EVER utilized more than one name, right?

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:19 AM
You pick on my responses FAR more than I could attempt of anyone else's.

Agree with me or else. Is that the new downlow motto?

OMG!! The only thing I even said to you was that you like to provoke people on here.....quit being such a whiner!!

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:20 AM
.... and we know that no one else on here has EVER EVER utilized more than one name, right?

Several have....you more than anyone though!!:p

carter08
09-04-2006, 11:21 AM
click me:p (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/alleluia.wav)

HAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D :p :p :p

pirate4state
09-04-2006, 11:21 AM
.... and we know that no one else on here has EVER EVER utilized more than one name, right? Oh they have and still are, but it is only a matter of time...keep on truckin' :thumbsup:

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:22 AM
OMG!! The only thing I even said to you was that you like to provoke people on here.....quit being such a whiner!!

.... as long as you quit trying to play Magnum P.I. I have a perspective and I plan to share it just like everybody else on here.

Now go tell your own husband to tackle gators and risk living on a single income.

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Oh they have and still are, but it is only a matter of time...keep on truckin' :thumbsup:

Let's talk about them Sinton Pirates from Friday!

carter08
09-04-2006, 11:24 AM
keep on truckin' :thumbsup:

Not the Grateful Dead again.
Fine'

Friend of the Devil

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:24 AM
.... as long as you quit trying to play Magnum P.I. I have a perspective and I plan to share it just like everybody else on here.

Now go tell your own husband to tackle gators and risk living on a single income.

I don't tell my husband what to do......and I damn sure don't listen to previous multiple former ROMMEE's telling ME what to do!!:inlove: :kiss:

Gp83
09-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Let's talk about them Sinton Pirates from Friday!

Great comeback:rolleyes: Looks like you ran out of ammo:doh:

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't tell my husband what to do......and I damn sure don't listen to previous multiple former ROMMEE's telling ME what to do!!:inlove: :kiss:

I'd like to see you try justifying ROMing someone for sharing an opinion about children left fatherless because of an egotistical maniac.

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Somehow, I can't get that pic of him mowing in his cutoffs and boots, outta my mind here......... :p :p :D he he he

pirate4state
09-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Let's talk about them Sinton Pirates from Friday! I'd be glad to on the Sinton vs. Gp threads. :thumbsup: I think we've all hijacked this thread enough already!

carter08
09-04-2006, 11:27 AM
I'd like to see you try justifying ROMing someone for sharing an opinion about children left fatherless because of an egotistical maniac.

That sounds like a personal attack to me

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Somehow, I can't get that pic of him mowing in his cutoffs and boots, outta my mind here......... :p :p :D he he he

That's not redneck....that's just lack of fashion sense!!:D :D

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by carter08
That sounds like a personal attack to me

Bellville over Brazoria! :-)

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:29 AM

I never said one single thing about your opinion on Steve Irwins death!! Go back and reread!

If (and probably WHEN) you are rommed....your opinion on his death will have nothing to do with it!

carter08
09-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Bellville over Brazoria! :-)

Columbia. Brazoria has no team. And i have a feeling you aren't from Longview

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:31 AM
I never said one single thing about your opinion on Steve Irwins death!! Go back and reread!

If (and probably WHEN) you are rommed....your opinion on his death will have nothing to do with it!

Face it, lady. You're merely trying your damndest to provoke me to justify a ROM.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:32 AM
And i have a feeling you aren't from Longview

Ya think??:nerd:

carter08
Face it, lady. You're merely trying to damndest to provoke me to justify a ROM.

Dude, chill out. Relax. Let the music take you away

hereandnow
Columbia. Brazoria has no team. And i have a feeling you aren't from Longview

I have the feeling you are to build a case here. YA THINK?

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Face it, lady. You're merely trying your damndest to provoke me to justify a ROM.

I can justify a ROM right now. The fact that you are still here just proves you wrong!

DaHop72
09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
but when you have two children that you brought into this world and are responsible for, then I think you need to curtail your dangerous lifestyle and think about your family and not just what a rush you could get. Tragic event, but selfish all the same, IMHO.[/COLOR] I think this could be said of fathers who take drugs or drink and drive. I think you can parallel anything and slant it to fit any side of an arguement.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I think this could be said of fathers who take drugs or drink and drive. I think you can parallel anything and slant it to fit any side of an arguement.

AMEN!!!:clap:

carter08
09-04-2006, 11:36 AM
I feel sorry for Erwins family

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I can justify a ROM right now. The fact that you are still here just proves you wrong!

I think your middle name is Ophelia

as in......

Ranger Ophelia Mom (ROM) :thinking:

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
I feel sorry for Erwins family

I just hope they don't put Erwin on his tombstone. It's Irwin ;)

carter08
09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
STOP FIGHTING

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 11:40 AM
STOP FIGHTING

Yea, go tackle a stingray

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:40 AM
STOP FIGHTING

Settle down young Carter....hereandnow and I have had this friendly not so friendly banter for years now!!

I enjoy sparring with him....always have, always will!

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 11:41 AM
This is very sad. I enjoyed watching his shows. "Chrichy"(Spelling?)

hereandnow
Settle down young Carter....hereandnow and I have had this friendly not so friendly banter for years now!!

I enjoy sparring with him....always have, always will!

You know I love you more than my luggage, darlin! :-)

carter08
Okeydokieo

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:45 AM
You know I love you more than my luggage, darlin! :-)

Well thank goodness for THAT!!!:kiss:

DaHop72
09-04-2006, 11:45 AM

I enjoy sparring with him....always have, always will! Nothing like sparring with "mental giants" is their Ranger Mom?:devil:

lostaussie
09-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Nothing like sparring with "mental giants" is their Ranger Mom?:devil: i think i have missed something here!!!!!!!!

carter08
09-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i think i have missed something here!!!!!!!!

You need to be on here 24/7

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Nothing like sparring with "mental giants" is their Ranger Mom?:devil:

It keeps me on my toes!!

But I practice with the best....PPHSFAN!!!:thumbsup:

DaHop72
09-04-2006, 11:51 AM
i think i have missed something here!!!!!!!! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

lostaussie
09-04-2006, 11:57 AM
You need to be on here 24/7 iv'e been on since 6:00 this morning and i take a 30 minute break:doh:

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 11:58 AM
iv'e been on since 6:00 this morning and i take a 30 minute break:doh:

Sorry...I'll call ya next time!!:)

Gp83
09-04-2006, 12:11 PM

Pull the trigger RM!!!:clap:

carter08
09-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Pull the trigger RM!!!:clap:

DO IT

piratebg
09-04-2006, 12:14 PM
RIP Steve Irwin :(

carter08
09-04-2006, 12:16 PM
http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/imwithcarter.gif

injuredinmelee
09-04-2006, 12:19 PM
wow i leave to go to lunch and poof...

the personal attacks were a bit ridiculous.

When you thinka bout how steve met his wife and the life they all lived as a family then yu realize that he died doing what they did. Sure those kids will be fatherless not penniless and I can only hope they both carry on his work when they are old enough. That was his career choice. He was a researcher and a great one. a great teacher also as I stated previously. We dont come on here and say career soldiers got what they asked for do we? Do we do that to Cops and firemen that have risky jobs? Why dowe do it to Irwin? I can hear your responses now well they are public servants.. in my opinion so was Irwin. He was a teacher. He served us all well. RIP once again RIP!!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2006, 12:21 PM
I can tell you Steve Irwin was a teacher and I have learned one thing from Irwin for sure...don't mess with stingrays

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I think this could be said of fathers who take drugs or drink and drive. I think you can parallel anything and slant it to fit any side of an arguement. I'm not slanting anything here......nor do I condone drug taking or driving and drinking by ANYONE. Just my opinion that I have a right to, as do you! To tell you the truth, when I first read about his death, I thought to myself, "sad, but so?" I for one am tired of the "celebreties" in this world getting all the applause and headlines, alive or dead. I'd much rather give reverance to, say, fallen soldiers that are dying every day for us. Putting someone on a pedestal and worshippng them should be an honored act for the really brave in this world.

That said, yes he spent his life the way he wanted and so be it that he died doing what he loved. So, God bless his family and loved ones and also those who loved him. Peace.

Buckeye80
09-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I can tell you Steve Irwin was a teacher and I have learned one thing from Irwin for sure...don't mess with stingrays

CLASSY!!!:( :( :(

Paratrooper
09-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Steve Irwin did a lot of promote conservation even though his methods were somewhat suspect at times like feeding the gator with his newborn. However, the guy was a solid entertainer. That dude was truly fearless, however, it was only a matter of time before something got to him. You can only cheat death so many times, especially when your dealing with some of the most dangerous creatures God ever made.

sinton66
09-04-2006, 01:31 PM

Threatened to beat the crap out of any 16 year old girls lately? You may be an ok guy in person for all I know, but when you're on here, you seem to have an "acid" personality that gets to everyone. I'll promise you this, if there's any more of the crap you pulled before, you won't be here long no matter how much RM enjoys bantering with you.

Paratrooper
09-04-2006, 01:38 PM

Got to agree with Sinton66 on this guy

carter08
09-04-2006, 01:41 PM
this guy is going too far. We're suppossed to be remembering Steve Irwin

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2006, 01:43 PM
was it steve irwin or some other guy who got criticized all over the news for having his kid next to a crocodile?

sinton66
09-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah, that was him.

lostaussie
09-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Q: what do 66 and Bob Stoops have in commom?

A: they will both send your arse packing:D

mrescape43
09-04-2006, 01:50 PM
hereandnow re-incarnation of the Chief?:thinking: :thinking:

Buckeye80
09-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
hereandnow re-incarnation of the Chief?:thinking: :thinking:

I was thinking he was the same guy as "flourhead".

sinton66
09-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Try "GoOrange" and many others.

STANG RED
09-04-2006, 02:02 PM
I can see both points of veiw on this, but the bottom line is, his kids are fatherless now, and it didnt have to be.
But you have to hand it to the guy, he packed more life into 44 years than most ever packed into twice that much time. How many of us, have lived as much life as he did, in that span of time? Not me! But then again, my daughter still has here daddy.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I can see both points of veiw on this, but the bottom line is, his kids are fatherless now, and it didnt have to be.
But you have to hand it to the guy, he packed more life into 44 years than most ever packed into twice that much time. How many of us, have lived as much life as he did, in that span of time? Not me! But then again, my daughter still has here daddy.

Out of curiosity, I heard the mother was on a hiking expedition in some wilderness when this happened and was flying back to Australia! I haven't heard where the kids were.

IMO, you hear more stories about animals in the wild attacking hikers than you do a freak accident with a sting ray!

So.....I'm just wondering......how selfish is the mother??

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Threatened to beat the crap out of any 16 year old girls lately?

:eek: :eek: :eek: I must have missed that one!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Out of curiosity, I heard the mother was on a hiking expedition in some wilderness when this happened and was flying back to Australia! I haven't heard where the kids were.

IMO, you hear more stories about animals in the wild attacking hikers than you do a freak accident with a sting ray!

In his memory, she will take up where her husband left off and wrestle with King Kong.

DaHop72
09-04-2006, 03:35 PM
In his memory, she will take up where her husband left off and wrestle with King Kong. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Gunna miss Steve Irwin... fell in love with his show when it first started coming on the Animal planet and always enjoyed making fun of him...

"This is the most venemous snake in the WOORRRRRLLLLD" he'd say while licking it on the mouth...

"This bloat could bite me in half in one second" he'd explain while flossing a 30 foot croc's teeth...

HE was just something else, he cared so much for animals etc...

This is not taking away from anyone else who has died (example: Soldiers etc...), it just happens to be someone that most Americans etc... knew of, so if you enjoyed his shows you'll miss him more than the average joe...

toword the end you not only knew he was a crazy fool, but you understood and knew most things about him... you got to meet his mother, father, wife, kids... you got to know his dog that passed a couple of years back, his favorite croc, his friends and everything... you knew almost everything about Steve Irwin...

One thing is for certain, you knew that when Steve Irwin went snow-skiing, he was still gunna be wearing those kaki daisy-dukes...

HE cared for animals, even for those "Bloatin' farrel pigs" that came over with the British... without those bloody pigs, he would almost be out of things to feed to Argo and the other crocs...

I'm gunna miss that loony-toon!!!

RIP Stevie...

3afan
09-04-2006, 04:14 PM

millions of people go hiking --- I did some hiking in WV a few months ago --- does that make me selfish ???? :confused:

3afan
09-04-2006, 04:15 PM
In his memory, she will take up where her husband left off and wrestle with King Kong.

good grief ...... :rolleyes:

Buckeye80
09-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Ya know? The guy just died!:(

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
millions of people go hiking --- I did some hiking in WV a few months ago --- does that make me selfish ???? :confused:

YUP, along with the millions of other people who do it...

3afan
09-04-2006, 04:18 PM
well that settles it! :clap:

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Ya know? The guy just died!:(

The Gilcuelmero Buckobblers haha... I just saw that...

#1 in the 5A poll
:D

Buckeye80
09-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The Gilcuelmero Buckobblers haha... I just saw that...

#1 in the 5A poll

That poll was released yesterday. Number two is the Dragthers of Southluf Carrollkin! No? OK I'll stop there.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
That poll was released yesterday. Number two is the Dragthers of Southluf Carrollkin! No? OK I'll stop there.

haha

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:29 PM
I wanna go hiking.....

sinton66
09-04-2006, 04:35 PM
I went on many many hikes with our Troop when i was a Scoutmaster. Some in very desolate country too. We used to love to go backpacking.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:41 PM
I went on many many hikes with our Troop when i was a Scoutmaster. Some in very desolate country too. We used to love to go backpacking.

you selfish @#$ 2#$@ 3$@#%@$#% @3$@$^@#$2!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

sinton66
09-04-2006, 04:44 PM
you selfish @#$ 2#$@ 3$@#%@$#% @3$@$^@#$2!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

hey, if I had known you then, you would have been invited.;)

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:46 PM
hey, if I had known you then, you would have been invited.;)

But if I were killed by a grizzly bear in South Texas on one of these hikes, what would my family do??? They'd be heartbroken because I was selfish and wanted to go hiking....

carter08
09-04-2006, 04:49 PM
How did this get so off course :confused:

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2006, 04:50 PM
its the downlow, i dont know how many threads have ever stayed on course

Gobbla2001

because it got on the downlow :p

Buckeye80

Don't spend much time hear do ya?:D

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

In my opinion??? Not in the least!

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:53 PM
In my opinion??? Not in the least!

well you need to change your mind quick, lady, it's selfish...

I'm gunna stop wade-fishing now because there are sting-rays out there and I don't need to be selfish...

I'll also stop driving to work because of those crazy people... I don't need the money... gunna move near a creek, plant me some seeds and buy some cows...

carter08
09-04-2006, 04:53 PM
3 people just said the exact same thing :D :p

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
3 people just said the exact same thing :D :p

your turn now, carter

carter08
09-04-2006, 04:56 PM
It's the Downlow :D :D :D

4 People

Ranger Mom
09-04-2006, 05:15 PM

I'll also stop driving to work because of those crazy people... I don't need the money... gunna move near a creek, plant me some seeds and buy some cows...

You are running the risk of contracting mad cow disease by doing that!!:eek:

injuredinmelee
09-04-2006, 05:15 PM
I feel left out.

It was on the downlow.

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2006, 05:17 PM
I feel left out.

It was on the downlow.
all the cool kids are doin it so u do it, here kids is a perfect example of peer pressure

carter08
09-04-2006, 05:17 PM

I, Denny Crane, have Mad Cow Disease

Gobbla2001
09-04-2006, 05:23 PM

crap, I forgot...

guess I'll won't be selfish and will just eat the veggies...

luvhoops34
09-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I have thought about Steve Irwin all day since hearing about his untimely death. And I have come to the conclusion that only Steve Irwin could have some kind of freak accident with a sting ray! The news said the last sting ray death in Australia was in 1945. Leave it to Steve. At least he lived his life his own way and died doing something he loved. We should all be that lucky. Adios Steve, you will be missed.

Phil C
09-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Sad news. :( RIP Steve.

kaorder1999
09-04-2006, 09:44 PM
he did die doing what he loved for what he loved..animals

mustang04
09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
LOl, dangerous mammal not poisonous.
ACTUALLY poisonous.....the duck-billed platypus has a sharp barb on both hind legs that when being attacked can stab you with them...and yes they HAVE TOXIN

i bet u seriously thought i had no idea what i was talkin about huh...psshshs

sinton66
09-04-2006, 11:03 PM
But if I were killed by a grizzly bear in South Texas on one of these hikes, what would my family do??? They'd be heartbroken because I was selfish and wanted to go hiking....

Grizzly bear????? No, wino maybe. :D

mustang04
09-04-2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/internnsf/WebPages/BHAN-53573T?open

click that footballgal...youve been served:D

awizzy
09-05-2006, 11:13 AM
any one here about this..the crocodile hunter, steve irwin, died yesterday after takin a sting ray to the heart...out of all the things to kill him who would have tought it would have been a sting ray

pirate4state
09-05-2006, 11:14 AM
LOL!! Sorry...yeah we heard!! :)

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 11:14 AM
yah, we were all pretty sad... but I decided I'd just laugh about it...

[animation removed]

just how I deal with things I guess

kaorder1999
09-05-2006, 11:15 AM
that is horrible!

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
that is horrible!

I know, I kicked myself when I laughed about it...

it's not really the situation it's just that face really...

I'll edit it

awizzy
09-05-2006, 11:19 AM
yea i just looked at the next page i guess i am a lil late...oh well

luvhoops34
09-05-2006, 12:02 PM
And how many threads does this make on Steve Irwin?

NateDawg39
09-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
And how many threads does this make on Steve Irwin? 5 or so I believe

Gobbla2001
09-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
And how many threads does this make on Steve Irwin?

but I don't think anyone minds having three threads about a guy who just died...

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 12:14 PM
:( still upset :(

NateDawg39
09-05-2006, 12:18 PM
can we combine them into a single thread?? 1500 on the wayyyyyyy!!!

EricDraven
09-05-2006, 12:23 PM
He was very entertaining. My kids and I watched the show together. A shame he died so young, but he went doing what he loved. God bless the Irwin clan during this time of loss.

NateDawg39
09-05-2006, 12:25 PM
I used to think he was annoying with his funny voice...but I kinda miss it now. Is that bad?:confused:

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 12:36 PM
You have to love the enthusiasm and the way he portrayed the deadly croc's, snakes, and various animals :(

I was watching Animal planet and someone said this;

Not many people can name the prime minister of Australia but anywhere you go everyone knows who Steve Irwin is.

Ranger Mom
09-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
can we combine them into a single thread?? 1500 on the wayyyyyyy!!!

I'm not being rude here, but I just wondered......what do you care if they are combined or not??

The other 2 threads aren't even on the first page, so it's not like they are cluttering up the board!!

Just curious!!:p

pirate44
09-05-2006, 01:50 PM
was it sigfreid or roy that got mauled by his tiger(or was it a lion? maybe it was a liger:thinking: )

Ranger Mom
09-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
was it sigfreid or roy that got mauled by his tiger(or was it a lion? maybe it was a liger:thinking: )

It was Roy and it was a white tiger!!:)

hereandnow
09-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
You have to love the enthusiasm and the way he portrayed the deadly croc's, snakes, and various animals :(

I was watching Animal planet and someone said this;

including the coroner. RIP

Ranger Mom
09-05-2006, 02:11 PM
including the coroner. RIP

Hmmm.....doesn't look like the second quote posted.

luvhoops34
09-05-2006, 03:48 PM
ttt

luvhoops34
09-05-2006, 03:49 PM
I think this is a wonderful tribute to Steve Irwin and should remain at the front of the board.:)

luvhoops34
09-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Saw today on the news that Steve Irwin actually pulled the sting ray barb out of his chest before he died. They have all of this on video. The dude was larger than life.

The Kracken
09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Dont you just wish you could get excited about going to work the man truly loved what he did

MagicMan
09-05-2006, 11:09 PM
do any of yall want to see the video? irwin was quoted as saying he wanted his death to be on video and i think he meant that he wanted to die doing what he loved. part of me wants to see it but then i dont know if i could handle that.

PHS Wildcats
09-05-2006, 11:17 PM
I saw the video. I never want to see that again

MagicMan
09-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
where did u see it?

PHS Wildcats
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I'll pm it to you, if you want to see it

SintonFan
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I'll pm it to you, if you want to see it
pm it to me too, please.

PHS Wildcats
09-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Give me a min, I'm going to another board where I saw it.

MagicMan
09-05-2006, 11:25 PM
yeah pm it to me too... geez im scared

pirate4state
09-05-2006, 11:26 PM
i want to see it too :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
09-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Yall just tell me about it...I don't think I can watch it!!

PHS Wildcats
09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
The video has been deleted from the website. I Pm'd the person who had the original vid and when I get it, I'll pm it to the the few that wanted it. I don't reccomend it though:(

GreenGobbla
09-05-2006, 11:54 PM
i wanna see it too...pm it to me

kaorder1999
09-06-2006, 08:17 AM

how did you see it? I thought they had that thing under lock and key. Send it to me!

MagicMan
09-06-2006, 10:48 AM
ttt

PHS Wildcats
09-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I've gotten so many PMs about the video of Steve Irwin. I contact the original person I saw the vid from on another site, and he informed me that he got it off of www.consumptionjunction.com and they removed it from their site, because of The Aussie police. A news crew was also there. Please let me warn you the website is very graphic and lots of vids of deaths caught on tape and sexually things. Sorry I could get the vid before it was removed.

Steve R.I.P.

bulldogman06
09-06-2006, 05:54 PM
If you could please pm the video to me as well. thanks

Rabbit'93
09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Thoughts on Steve's death...

1. Everyone keeps saying at least he died do what he loved....wouldn't you rather die doing something you hated? Think about it.

2. Some people have said he was being selfish, didn't think of the kids, and the like. He was doing his JOB! That's like saying just because you go to work at McD's and you burn yourself on the grill...should've been home taking care of the kids.:rolleyes: Gimme a break.

RIP Steve!

Bandera YaYa
09-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Thoughts on Steve's death...

1. Everyone keeps saying at least he died do what he loved....wouldn't you rather die doing something you hated? Think about it.

2. Some people have said he was being selfish, didn't think of the kids, and the like. He was doing his JOB! That's like saying just because you go to work at McD's and you burn yourself on the grill...should've been home taking care of the kids.:rolleyes: Gimme a break.

RIP Steve! I understand what you are saying, but intentionally pissing off wild animals, risking your life with every animal, is a little different than flipping burgers at Micky D's!!! And, I don't think for one second, he thought of it as a JOB!! But, it was his life, his choice and he appeared to thrive on it. I guess his family has prepared for something like this to happen.... God bless them all.

kaorder1999
09-06-2006, 11:07 PM
I may be wrong here but I remember on numerous occasions him (Erwin) saying that he wanted to doe doing what he loves with his animals.....does anyone else remember him saying that?

99IHSMustang
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I've gotten so many PMs about the video of Steve Irwin. I contact the original person I saw the vid from on another site, and he informed me that he got it off of www.consumptionjunction.com and they removed it from their site, because of The Aussie police. A news crew was also there. Please let me warn you the website is very graphic and lots of vids of deaths caught on tape and sexually things. Sorry I could get the vid before it was removed.

Steve R.I.P.

I seriously doubt there is a video on the net and more than likely will never be. Steve Irwin's manager/close friend John Stainton, was filming it all under water. The police have posession of the only tape and the Manager wants it destroyed once the coroner has reviewed it.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I seriously doubt there is a video on the net and more than likely will never be. Steve Irwin's manager/close friend John Stainton, was filming it all under water. The police have posession of the only tape and the Manager wants it destroyed once the coroner has reviewed it.

So you think PHS Wildcats is pulling our leg?

Ranger Mom
09-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I may be wrong here but I remember on numerous occasions him (Erwin) saying that he wanted to doe doing what he loves with his animals.....does anyone else remember him saying that?

I do, and I just think it's sad that people are on here criticizing the man now.......good Lord, he just DIED!!! Show a little respect!! GEEEEZ!!

99IHSMustang
09-06-2006, 11:33 PM
So you think PHS Wildcats is pulling our leg?

I think so...

MagicMan
09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
i saw the video. medusa slices his chest open but irwin kills her and cries about it and i dont know how he dies.

carter08
09-07-2006, 04:51 PM
i was talking abbout this at another forum

ME- You cold heartless people. This a tragedy, along the lines of that of Lincoln and Lennon. The world kills because it doesn't understand. Just as Booth shot Lincoln, the stingray murdered Irwin. Don't say the stuff about stingrays are just animals. The world is alive around us. The life of a hero cut short by the cruelty of nature.

Other Person- WOOOOAH. The soft side of a member >.>!! Erm, i mean.. We're Sorry?

ME- i'm sorry. I just always idolized Steve Irwin, wished I could be him. To toil with death and never lose your self, your spirit. To soar like an Eagle, swim like a fish, be the king of nature, and to go out in such a horrendous way.