PDA

View Full Version : Forney 7 on 7

kaorder1999
07-01-2003, 10:20 PM
hey...how did the 7 on 7 go today against sulphur springs?

kaorder1999
07-01-2003, 10:28 PM
i just heard things got a little crazy....some pushing and shoving and fighting...

dontknowitall
07-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Forney jumped out to a 21-0 lead and was driving for their 4th touchdown inside the 10 when SS's right cornerback threw a sucker punch at our tight end as he was going back to the huddle. Things got a little out of hand but the coaches came out to stifle it and started the second half at 21-0 instead of letting Forney continue their drive with two minutes left.
The Rabbits let it affect them as the Springs came out and scored 2 quick touchdowns in the second half. However Forney got their heads screwed back on and scored two more of their own. The Springs scored the last TD on a desperation throw with no time left on the clock. Final score 35-21.
Hopefully, the Springs will be uninvited to the rematch because of their attitudes and we can just meet them again at State.

kaorder1999
07-02-2003, 10:49 AM
hey DONTKNOWITALL....i really dont know what happenned cause i wasnt there but ive talked to a couple forney people who have said Forney is to blame also...so make sure to fully explain everything that happened

dontknowitall
07-02-2003, 11:28 AM
w/o editorializing too much, forney was kicking the whey out of the springs and they were becoming more frustrated the more the rabbits drove it down their throats. if the intent of the springs player was to throw them out of their game, he was a genius. my opinion is that he was not a genius, however. the shot from behind was as cheap as it gets. when the tight end confronted him about his inexplicable act, he swung again and the te was held back by a coach. when the forney qb went over to protect his player, another springs player swung at him. when the forney wr went to help him a player came off of the springs bench to hit him in the back of the head from behind. the coaches and dads did a good job of getting forney back to the other side because i would have preferred that 'old testament justice' be done. forney outweighed and outnumbered the springs, so i guess, the springs players were very brave; except for all of the sucker punches and hitting people from behind and then running off. as the head coach told the forney boys, champions do not stoop to that level and they calmed down and, somehow, continued the game without further incidents.

Matthew328
07-02-2003, 03:05 PM
I bet if we heard from someone from Sulphur Springs the story would be a lot different.....always 2 sides to every story and usually the truth is somewhere in the middle..

3afan2K3
07-02-2003, 03:27 PM
who was playin for forney?

dontknowitall
07-02-2003, 05:09 PM
yes, matthew, there's nothing like wanting to fight with someone that you are killing on the field. it validates that football prowess.

BigDog
07-02-2003, 06:00 PM
My, this sounded like a game to see! KA, I never could get any info on the time and place so I didn't see the game. Sounds like we need a home and away series with some pads and let them get after it!

KA let me know if you have any info on a schedule for the 7 on 7 games. Hope you are having fun up North!

kaorder1999
07-03-2003, 07:28 PM
well BigDog...Forney and SS was supposed to play again this next week or week after but that probably wont happen now. Who knows. The state tourney is in College Station in July....check out www.texasfootball.com (http://www.texasfootball.com) and they have a pretty good schedule there!

Matthew328
07-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey all I am saying is that when something like that goes down..there's always another side to the story..typically nothing that happens like that between high school kids is that one sided...

kaorder1999
07-03-2003, 08:05 PM
i agree....both are prolly to blame...from what ive heard...and like i said...i wasnt there...according to a Forney resident who was there, Some words were said and tempers flew...both seemed at fault...

BigDog
07-04-2003, 10:05 AM
It appears that fighting between schools is a common issue in 7 on 7. Two schools have been disqualified for the state toury for fighting - see below:

The tandem of Georgetown and Round Rock high schools from 14-5A were officially named today as replacements to Bryan and Copperas Cove high schools as qualifiers for the 64-team 7-on-7 State Championship in College Station later this month.

Bryan and Copperas Cove were reprimanded by the state's 7-on-7 Board of Directors late last week for tournament fighting. Rule 4 in the state's 7-on-7 rules dictates: "Fighting: the player(s) involved will be ejected from the game and tournament. If a team fight occurs, the teams involved will be ejected from the tournament and denied participation in any/all state qualifying tournaments.

Due to its success at the Bryan tournament, Georgetown was selected to replace Bryan as a result of the Vikings fighting in their own 16-team SQT from June 7. Round Rock replaces Cove, which gained an automatic bid from the A&M Consolidated SQT on June 21, but was later cited for fighting.