PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Baugh Classic

GetRDoneStangs
09-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Sorry I have not posted much lately, but here is an update on the the Classic that will take place this weekend:

New Name:

TSTC-West Texas Sammy Baugh Classic. TSTC (Texas State Technical College for those who may not know) West Texas has agreed to become the title sponsor.

Jersey Retirement:

Sammy Baugh's Sweetwater Newman High School number 21 will be retired. This will complete the circle as all of his jerseys will now have been retired. TCU retired the #45 and the Washington Redskins did the same with his #33, the ONLY JERSEY EVER retired by the Redskins!

Scholarships:

TSTC-West Texas will be giving $4,000.00 in scholarships during the TSTC West Texas Sammy Baugh Classic.

A player of the game will be selected from each particiapting school and a scholarship awarded in his name. If the player decides to not attend TSTC- West Texas the scholarship will be awarded to a student that is going and will be decided upon by that respective school.

This is a great addition to the Classic and is a stand alone participation fee from the title sponsor fee that TSTC is doing!! I really like this because all schools are involved and regardless of who gets the scholarship, someone will get the aid to further their education!!

More to follow later!!

KindaCool
09-04-2006, 06:22 AM
who is playing?

GetRDoneStangs
09-04-2006, 08:27 AM
San Angelo Grape Creek vs. Colorado City Thursday 7:30 pm

Brownwood vs. Sweetwater Friday 7:30 pm

Abilene Raiders vs Sweetwater in Jr PeeWee (Youth league) Saturday 9 am
Breckenridge vs. Jim Ned Saturday 2 pm
Coahoma vs Roscoe Saturday 7:30 pm

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
So which Sweetwater fan will say our jr pee wee team can beat Snyder's varsity team?

GetRDoneStangs
09-04-2006, 08:46 AM
NO HIJACKING PLEASE!!

Hopefully... this will be a thread on the Sammy Baugh Classic..it was not intended to be a Sweetwater Mustang thread....plenty of those around already!

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 08:48 AM
oh i see..when a sweetwater fan or a snyder fan do it then it is all good, but someone just taking a little poke at the banter between the two towns says anything, then oh lord dont hijack the thread

3afan
09-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
oh i see..when a sweetwater fan or a snyder fan do it then it is all good, but someone just taking a little poke at the banter between the two towns says anything, then oh lord dont hijack the thread

really, most threads are hijacked by Sweetwater !!! :p

GetRDoneStangs
09-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Sorry it sounded the way it did, I was trying to go with your flow and it just didn't flow. I was not trying to say you where... anyway.. Sometimes the fingers don't always match the mind!!:confused: :confused: :( :(

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Sorry it sounded the way it did, I was trying to go with your flow and it just didn't flow. I was not trying to say you where... anyway.. Sometimes the fingers don't always match the mind!!:confused: :confused: :( :(

It is all good, sarcasm and humor does not relate on the net all the time. I just wanted to take a fun poke at the two towns that can take an argument about God and turn it into Sweetwater vs Snyder. Was in no way wanting to take away from a great event

GetRDoneStangs
09-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Well said!!:clap: :clap: