PDA

View Full Version : TCU Baylor

eagles_victory
09-03-2006, 03:52 PM
for some reason I cant wait for this one I think its going to be close with some bad blood between the teams

JasperDog94
09-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, you know how ill tempered those Baptists can be.:D

NateDawg39
09-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Did anyone pick Baylor for this game? I heard...or read, somewhere that a lot of people see Baylor putting this one in the books as a win. I personally dont see how they can beat TCU but that is what they said about Baylor not being able to beat A&M....and we all know the outcome of that game!:D

KindaCool
09-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah, you know how ill tempered those Baptists can be.:D they always seem to calm down after a few drinks.....ooh wait....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sahen
09-03-2006, 11:15 PM
what a bummer of a game...oh well hopefully we can still make abowl

3afan
09-04-2006, 06:32 AM
I was (am) hoping for a great year from BU .... guess it could still happen

also wouldnt mind seeing TCU run the table & crack the BCS ... in fact one guy at ESPN.com did his bowl projections & he had Texas & TCU in the Fiesta bowl - that would be nice

Bulldog_12
09-04-2006, 09:46 AM
They need to be a LOT better conditioned to do ANYTHING. The amount of cramps were rediculous. I was beginning to think maybe they had some of their guys start doing steroids.

87 TIGER
09-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sahen
what a bummer of a game...oh well hopefully we can still make abowl Sorry, I dont see BU making any kind of bowl.
They played good in the beginning,playing on emotion, then the talent took over. BU is getting better but they are still out classed.
and conditioning may be a big problem

sahen
09-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
I was (am) hoping for a great year from BU .... guess it could still happen

also wouldnt mind seeing TCU run the table & crack the BCS ... in fact one guy at ESPN.com did his bowl projections & he had Texas & TCU in the Fiesta bowl - that would be nice this may rub some people the wrong way but i wouldnt like to see TCU/Texas in teh BCS, i like to see good games and Texas would kill TCU....Baylor was not that really that much worse than TCU last night, TCU had 2 big plays that got them 10 points and then a good drive...If they play Texas they would get thumped just like Baylor gets thumped by Texas, i'd rather see good bowl games not massacres...anyway, Baylor needs to do something about conditioning, 2nd year in a row we lost half our players (it seemed) to cramps inthe 1st game....

by the way the bears could still make a bowl, the offense is new and once they get some more practice on it they are going to be able to score eventually, that was the problem last night....Baylor could move the ball against TCU but couldnt score, TCU couldnt move the ball til the 4th quarter really...IF Baylor can learn to put the ball into the endzone then they could win 6....

STANG RED
09-04-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure it was so much a lack of conditioning, as it was just a lack of enough hydration in the days leading up to the game, which is just plain dumb. I mean come on, this is Texas in the summer. You have to know to get plenty of fluids in, way before gameday. Im sorry, but that is just inexcusable.
Baylor's D looked really good for 3 quarters though. And I think both the D and O will just get better and better through the year. I think they'll jump up and surprise some people myself, if they can find a way to play 4 solid quarters. If someone keeps a close tab on those boys diets and water intake throughout the week, they should be able to play a lot better 4th quarter.

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 02:18 PM
What was the final score to this game? I was watching it and it was a great game but I did not see the end!

sahen
09-04-2006, 02:22 PM
17-7

Matthew328
09-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Considering TCU was without their top WR (Michael DePriest) two of their top backs (Robert Merrill and Lonta Hobbs) they didn't do too bad in my opinion...