PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Good,Bad & Ugliest Looking Uniforms In College Football

ILS1
09-03-2006, 01:58 PM
GOOD

1. Michigan — Maize and blue and winged helmets. Enough said.

2. Florida State — While other schools experiment with shading and accent panels, the Seminoles leave well enough alone. As they should. Garnet and gold looks great on its own, in any combination. Plus, they have the best helmet in the game.

3. Harvard — The black-and-white stripe down the center of the helmet is nice, but nothing beats the school motto on the shoulders — in Latin. The Crimson can run over and educate you at the same time.

4. Texas — This is the only way to wear orange.

5. Louisiana-Lafayette — Simple in either red or white, with “LOUISIANA” in plain block letters on the front, but they work. There’s no need to be flashy when your helmet says “Ragin’ Cajuns.”

6. Notre Dame (blue or white jerseys) — Love the Irish or hate them, you can’t deny their uniforms are classics. And nothing says college football like those gold helmets.

7. LSU — One of the few times yellow and purple look good together. The Lakers get the other pass.

8. UCLA — Powder blue and gold is a tough combo to pull off, but the Bruins do it with style.

9. Ohio State — Impressive enough on their own, the scarlet-and-grey uniforms look even better with Buckeye stickers on the helmets.

10. Penn State — Sure they’re boring. They’re also old-school cool.

Honorable mentions: Auburn, Colorado, Fresno State, Mississippi, North Texas, Southern California, Virginia.

BAD

1. Oregon State — Every day is Halloween in Corvallis!

2. Notre Dame (green jerseys) — These were great the first few times they made a special appearance. Now they’re getting hokey. They’re also not working.

3. Tulsa — Royal blue doesn’t look good in a jersey, and it’s even worse on a helmet.

4. Mount Union — Good thing the Purple Raiders have won eight Division III titles in 13 years or people would really make fun of their grapelike duds.

5. North Carolina — Basketball uniforms look great in Carolina blue. Football uniforms, not so much.

6. Baylor — The all-green uniforms look like something out of the Jolly Green Giant’s closet. Pick one helmet or another, too.

7. Wyoming — What can brown do for you? In this case, nothing.

8. Maryland — Ralph Friedgen’s gameday outfits look better. And put the turtle on the helmet.

9. Missouri — With no numbers on the sleeves or shoulders, it looks as if the Tigers got hold of their jerseys before the designers finished them.

10. (tie) Nebraska and Mississippi State — There’s old-school and there’s boring. These are boring.

REALLY UGLY

1. Oregon — Oh, where to begin. That neon yellow that made you run to adjust the color on the TV is no longer the Ducks’ worst fashion faux pas. After yet another redesign — this is No. 4 since the 1996 Cotton Bowl — Oregon now looks ready for the XFL. The numbers look like something in a fun-house mirror, and the diamond-print reinforcements on the knees and shoulders make it seem as if moths got into the locker room.

Can we settle on one home and one road uniform, too? White with green, all green, green and black, yellow and green — make up your mind!

2. TCU — Purple is never a good color choice, and the mascot is ugly. But putting those triangles on the trim around the neck and sleeves took it to a whole new level of bad. Please remember the players will have to show these pictures to their kids someday.

3. Tennessee — This shade of orange is acceptable only for creamsicles and selected Halloween decorations. (This goes for you, too, Syracuse.)

4. Boise State — Bright blue jerseys to match the bright blue field. This isn’t paintball — there’s no reason to blend in.

5. Virginia Tech — Even Crayola wouldn’t put orange and maroon together.

Story Link (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14627100/)

carter08
09-03-2006, 02:06 PM
UH has the besy jersey

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 02:32 PM
lol....i love UCLA's uniforms......powder blue and yellow work great for them..notice they are the only team with those color combinations

NateDawg39
09-03-2006, 02:42 PM
What about Texas Tech...I thought there all red might cause a stir somewhere

cats2151
09-03-2006, 02:58 PM
TCU home jerseys are cool

VWG
09-03-2006, 08:47 PM
I never mind the "old school" look because it represents tradition.
Those new multi-color jerseys that Nike has put out look like crap.
Looks to space cadet for me.

manormustangs
09-03-2006, 10:40 PM
tcu has the best jerseys.......

CalallenWildcat
09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
The ugly Oregon uniforms...

http://origin.xosn.com/pics11/400/YV/YVYDCQFIDYVLUHS.20060902222709.jpg

sahen
09-03-2006, 11:51 PM
what...baylors r not that bad...

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 12:07 AM
I like Oregons look!! Its so retro! Now A&Ms.....thats ugly:nerd:

VWG
09-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I like Oregons look!! Its so retro! Now A&Ms.....thats ugly:nerd:

You like the Oregon uni's? Man... do you attend Star Trek conventions too?

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by VWG
You like the Oregon uni's? Man... do you attend Star Trek conventions too? nope!! I went to Decatur where every year we changed looks!!

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by sahen
what...baylors r not that bad... I think they were talking about last season's jersey's. I like the new look Baylor uniforms.

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Oh and the yellow is probably the best colors I have seen in college football! Im young and enjoy a little bit of "retro"...:)

3afan
09-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
I think they were talking about last season's jersey's. I like the new look Baylor uniforms.

so do I - good clean, traditional look

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 02:34 PM
EUGENE, Ore. -- The Oregon Ducks -- known for their neon yellow football uniforms -- have added a more subtle color to their wardrobe: black.

University of Oregon football players model their new uniform.

The Ducks already debuted the new uniforms during last year's Civil War rout of Oregon State. The university officially made black a part of the team's uniforms for next season -- joining white, dark green and bright yellow.

Oregon will also expand its options in headgear, adding an all-white helmet to the green version the team has worn since 1999. The school says a yellow helmet is in development.

Other changes in the uniforms include the word "Oregon" emblazoned down the left leg, and diamond-patterned reinforcement of the shoulders and knees. The fabric is engineered to wear lighter.

Nike designers worked with a committee of current and former players for the past two years to design the new uniforms.

3afan
09-04-2006, 02:41 PM
rejected Nike designs:

http://static.flickr.com/67/171401924_5be3580e82_o.jpg

3afan
09-04-2006, 02:42 PM
more Oregon madness:

http://static.flickr.com/68/171277037_6ac78b0f47_o.jpg

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
rejected Nike designs:

http://static.flickr.com/67/171401924_5be3580e82_o.jpg The first and last one are cool!

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 02:44 PM
I have a pic of the real unis...but I cant post it for some reason...and a lovely design of the yellow helmet! it isnt to bad!

VWG
09-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
so do I - good clean, traditional look

Amen brother.

VWG
09-04-2006, 02:55 PM
The first and last one are cool!

You mean the "half color" jersey with one sleeve one color and the other sleeve another? You've got to be kidding me!
Looks like a tricked up sci-fi movie creature.
Next thing you'll tell me is that the Longhorns should change their uni's to something similar.

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 02:59 PM
I think they SHOULD change the UT look to black orange and white!! White helms, black jersey, black pants with short orange stripe. and orange numbers!:D

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 03:02 PM
You can't change tradition. The only way I would aprove of Texas changing their jersey's if it was just a simple white lining under the arm similar. I would like to see the Horns wear the Black QB jersey's in a game.

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 03:04 PM
You can't change tradition. The only way I would aprove of Texas changing their jersey's if it was just a simple white lining under the arm similar. I would like to see the Horns wear the Black QB jersey's in a game. well if it was up to you then we would be wearing all black and white huh?:D Tradition continues but its time for a change people!! We cant settle on the past!

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Not all black.

Keep the helmet.
Keep the pants
Keep the jersey's.
Just add the black QB practice jersey to the jersey list similar to the green jersey's of ND bring them out every once in a while

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
well if it was up to you then we would be wearing all black and white huh?:D Tradition continues but its time for a change people!! We cant settle on the past!

Why change a look that is sharp and unique? I dont want Texas, or A&M to change, not just because of tradition, but because they both look great

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why change a look that is sharp and unique? I dont want Texas, or A&M to change, not just because of tradition, but because they both look great I meant just make the colors more fun...not so icky orange and paste white. How bout a nice neon white pant with laser orange (thats a brights color by the way). I just wanna see what people could come up with for UT, A&M, and possibly OU!

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 03:11 PM
We wouldn't want to look like Tennessee :p

A white insert similar to this insert on the Bills uniform would be an OK addition to the home jersey.
http://www.starcenter.tn.org/images/football/teague-bills2.jpg
To the right of his arm is the insert.

Do yall agree with using the black QB practice jersey every once in a while like against OU or OSU or huge games like that would be cool.

DaHop72
09-04-2006, 03:13 PM
We wouldn't want to look like Tennessee :p

A white insert similar to this insert on the Bills uniform would be an OK addition to the home jersey.
http://www.starcenter.tn.org/images/football/teague-bills2.jpg
To the right of his arm is the insert.

Do yall agree with using the black QB practice jersey every once in a while like against OU or OSU or huge games like that would be cool. I don't think the red x is a good look for UT.:devil: :devil:

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Poop. I see the pic on my computer screen.

DaHop72
09-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Poop. I see the pic on my computer screen. :thinking: :thinking: :crazy: :crazy:

Txbroadcaster
09-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Poop. I see the pic on my computer screen.

Well we dont want to see you poop..though it might look better than the Duck's uniforms

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 03:20 PM
lol

3afan
09-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Oregon's wierd number design:

http://static.flickr.com/66/171301185_5e6af4e861_o.jpg

wedo
09-04-2006, 06:00 PM
A&M 's are too plain and ugly!! and i like Clemson and North Carolina!!!