6. Abilene Wylie- lost to Brownwood 18-14
5. Hutto- def Dripping Springs 49-10
4. Wos- def Dayton 26-9
3. Wimberley- lost to Giddings 35-14
2. Cuero- def Sinton 29-0
1. Gilmer- def Las Vegas Bishop Gorman 56-14

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 12:05 PM
AP polls always upset me....Sweetwater and Hutto both of which made it farther than Gilmer, are both ranked behind them..???...Cuero lost to Hutto in the semis but is still quite a few spots behind them....i understand losing players..but come on...our backs returned which both rushed for almost 1300 A PIECE last season....yet the "powerhouses" like Gilmer and Cuero are always ranked ahead.....through reputation rather actual show in the playoffs......come on..lets see some smart voters

eagles_victory
09-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
AP polls always upset me....Sweetwater and Hutto both of which made it farther than Gilmer, are both ranked behind them..???...Cuero lost to Hutto in the semis but is still quite a few spots behind them....i understand losing players..but come on...our backs returned which both rushed for almost 1300 A PIECE last season....yet the "powerhouses" like Gilmer and Cuero are always ranked ahead.....through reputation rather actual show in the playoffs......come on..lets see some smart voters Im pretty sure if you asked anyone they would tell you Cuero and Gilmer are the number 1 and 2 teams. Gilmer added the arguably the best player in 3a to a team already loaded with D1 talent. Cuero has been playing deep into December the last two years. Last year was last year this is a new year. If you have any questions about Cuero being number 2 ask the Sinton fans they will tell you there that good. You obviously dont know much about the polling process

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im pretty sure if you asked anyone they would tell you Cuero and Gilmer are the number 1 and 2 teams. Gilmer added the arguably the best player in 3a to a team already loaded with D1 talent. Cuero has been playing deep into December the last two years. Last year was last year this is a new year. If you have any questions about Cuero being number 2 ask the Sinton fans they will tell you there that good. You obviously dont know much about the polling process

AP polss aren't legit.....wasn';t trying to sound like a snyder tiger fan, talking about last year...but after all the hard work we put in last year...we are not even in the top 10...kind of questionable if you ask me

eagles_victory
09-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Evs got yall 9 and moving up since two teams in front of you guys lost. All you gotta do is win polls really dont mean crap there just fun for the fans.

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Evs got yall 9 and moving up since two teams in front of you guys lost. All you gotta do is win polls really dont mean crap there just fun for the fans.

this is true

Ranger Mom
09-03-2006, 12:29 PM
07.....the year Greenwood went to State, we weren't even ranked until week 8.

The next year we were ranked #4, I believe.......we were one and done!!

Who cares what the polls say??

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
07.....the year Greenwood went to State, we weren't even ranked until week 8.

The next year we were ranked #4, I believe.......we were one and done!!

Who cares what the polls say??

true. i would rather be unranked until playoffs..let teams look right past us then get knocked out by us...lol...so its fine....just for the record..SW is nothing this year...i want every team to know that...we are terrible!!!:D

Bullaholic
09-03-2006, 12:34 PM
AP polls always upset me....Sweetwater and Hutto both of which made it farther than Gilmer, are both ranked behind them..???...Cuero lost to Hutto in the semis but is still quite a few spots behind them....i understand losing players..but come on...our backs returned which both rushed for almost 1300 A PIECE last season....yet the "powerhouses" like Gilmer and Cuero are always ranked ahead.....through reputation rather actual show in the playoffs......come on..lets see some smart voters

How would you rank em' 1-10, sw07?

Ranger Mom
09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I have to respect EV's picks. His isn't a homer poll....just going by what info he has on each team!

Good Job EV!!

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How would you rank em' 1-10, sw07?

can't be any worse than AP
1. Wimberly
2.Hutto
3.Cuero
4.Sweetwater
5.Cameron Yoe
6.Gilmer
7.Monahans
8.Bellville
9.Celina
10. Abilene Wylie

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Giddings just wipe the floor with Wimberly and they not even a afterthought by you:D

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Giddings just wipe the floor with Wimberly and they not even a afterthought by you:D

never even thought about giddings....just going by what we saw from last year

DaHop72
09-03-2006, 02:30 PM
can't be any worse than AP
1. Wimberly
2.Hutto
3.Cuero
4.Sweetwater
5.Cameron Yoe
6.Gilmer
7.Monahans
8.Bellville
9.Celina
10. Abilene Wylie Wimberly lost and they are number 1, Wylie at 9 and they lost.:thinking: :thinking:

PPHSfan
09-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Im pretty sure if you asked anyone they would tell you Cuero and Gilmer are the number 1 and 2 teams. Gilmer added the arguably the best player in 3a to a team already loaded with D1 talent. Cuero has been playing deep into December the last two years. Last year was last year this is a new year. If you have any questions about Cuero being number 2 ask the Sinton fans they will tell you there that good. You obviously dont know much about the polling process

G.J. Kinne is not even the best player on Gilmer's team. He is maybe the fourth or fifth. Curtis Brown is far and away the best player, David Snow will be more highly recruited than Kinne was, as well as the Juior RB and the other WR. Kinne was a fine addition, but Gilmer would have rolled with or without him.

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 02:34 PM

I wish I had a dollar for every Sweetwater poster that is sad because they arent ranked high enough each and every year. I could take a month vacation. Not sure why, though I tell you how Sweetwater is GOOD!!! , you have to have your egos petted by everyone else across Texas stop and pay you homage. maybe from now on just to make you feel better i will start a thread everyday about the accomplisments of Sweetwater.

PS...the only ranking that matters is the one at the end of the year.

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I wish I had a dollar for every Sweetwater poster that is sad because they arent ranked high enough each and every year. I could take a month vacation. Not sure why, though I tell you how Sweetwater is GOOD!!! , you have to have your egos petted by everyone else across Texas stop and pay you homage. maybe from now on just to make you feel better i will start a thread everyday about the accomplisments of Sweetwater.

dang take it easy.....i wasn't "complaining", just acknowledging the fact that AP polls upset me.....i realize that we are far from being the best team...its fine though because you are right...the only poll that means anything is the one in Dec.

mustang04
09-03-2006, 02:43 PM

i seriosuly hope you arent talking to me

mustang04
09-03-2006, 02:43 PM

comming from one who has prolly never seen it in december...:D

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i seriosuly hope you arent talking to me

Well if you cry about the rankings then maybe I was:p

And when was the last time you saw December?:thinking:

mustang04
09-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Well if you cry about the rankings then maybe I was:p

And when was the last time you saw December?:thinking:

my junior year when we played greenwood in the playoffs

pretty close the next year in '03 season when we played vernon...you?

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
my junior year when we played greenwood in the playoffs

pretty close the next year in '03 season when we played vernon...you?

Just once as a senior. 98-99 season.

lostaussie
09-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
G.J. Kinne is not even the best player on Gilmer's team. He is maybe the fourth or fifth. Curtis Brown is far and away the best player, David Snow will be more highly recruited than Kinne was, as well as the Juior RB and the other WR. Kinne was a fine addition, but Gilmer would have rolled with or without him. so seriously, how you know so much about Buckeye football. cause you obviously know quite a bit.

Ranger Mom
09-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
so seriously, how you know so much about Buckeye football. cause you obviously know quite a bit.

He is extremely intelligent!!:D :p

DaHop72
09-03-2006, 03:20 PM
so seriously, how you know so much about Buckeye football. cause you obviously know quite a bit. Because he is the KING.:D

eagles_victory
09-03-2006, 03:50 PM
The new EV poll will be out tommorow it will come out every Monday for the rest of the season so keep your eyes pilled.

eagles_victory
09-03-2006, 03:56 PM
G.J. Kinne is not even the best player on Gilmer's team. He is maybe the fourth or fifth. Curtis Brown is far and away the best player, David Snow will be more highly recruited than Kinne was, as well as the Juior RB and the other WR. Kinne was a fine addition, but Gilmer would have rolled with or without him. Gilmer had all these guys last year and when they ran into Kinne after that game Gilmer was airing up the basketballs so i dont know about all that.

PHS Wildcats
09-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I may be a :nerd: or not too bright but what is the EV Poll?

NateDawg39
09-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I may be a :nerd: or not too bright but what is the EV Poll? Oh...you dont know? Well let one of our experts tell you....

hutex04
09-03-2006, 05:40 PM
rankings dont bother me one bit. If we are in the top 10 than iam very happy. Polls really dont matter in highschool football. The teams determin this on the field.

PPHSfan
09-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Gilmer had all these guys last year and when they ran into Kinne after that game Gilmer was airing up the basketballs so i dont know about all that.

Gilmer didn't just run into Kinne. They ran into a fine Canton TEAM. I am not taking anything away from Kinne, I am just saying he is NOT the most talented guy on the team. Curtis Brown is a Rivals Five Star Player, he is considered by most colleges as one of the top 25-30 PLAYERS in the entire country. Not the top 25-30 WR's or DB's but PLAYERS. While Kinne is definitely a top player in 3a, he couldn't give Brown a jump start if he were low on battery power. David Snow will also be a four or five star recruit next April. I may be a jester and sometimes act like a fool, but if you think I am wrong on this, you sir are mistaken.

TheDOCTORdre
09-03-2006, 07:47 PM
all im sayin is if AP polls upset you dont look at them.

Highschoolfan78
09-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
all im sayin is if AP polls upset you dont look at them.

lol i like that.. just dont look.. if you are scared of the boogeyman.. just dont look for him... duh... solves everything

TheDOCTORdre
09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
lol i like that.. just dont look.. if you are scared of the boogeyman.. just dont look for him... duh... solves everything
howd u know i was scared of the boogeyman...:eek:

PPHSfan
09-03-2006, 08:07 PM
so seriously, how you know so much about Buckeye football. cause you obviously know quite a bit.

Aussie,

I was the only person on this board that KNEW and PREDICTED a blowout when Gilmer played Daingerfield in round one back in 04. You can do some searching and probably find the post.

I have my finger on the pulse of Texas High school Football.

Ask Anyone.:D

sinton66
09-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I may be a :nerd: or not too bright but what is the EV Poll?

To answer your question, it's eagles_victory's own picks.

PHS Wildcats
09-03-2006, 08:32 PM
oh, ok thanks:clap: for a moment I was wondering where Palestine was

lostaussie
09-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Aussie,

I was the only person on this board that KNEW and PREDICTED a blowout when Gilmer played Daingerfield in round one back in 04. You can do some searching and probably find the post.

I have my finger on the pulse of Texas High school Football.

Ask Anyone.:D i certainly believe you. Kinne is a very good QB. but we were gonna be good a long time before he got here. you, my friend, get it.

WOS87
09-03-2006, 09:51 PM
A few actual interesting stats on the accuracy of the AP Poll in predicting 3A Football State Champs....

In the past 42 seasons (1964-2005) the preseason #1 pick in the 3A AP Poll has gone on to win a state title 12 times (28.6% of the time).

Interestingly the #1 team on the Final 3A AP Poll (which is released at the end of the regular season before the playoffs begin) has gone on to win a state title only 9 times (21.4% of the time).

The eventual 3A state champion (prior to 1998) and at least one of the two 3A champs (1998-2005) has been ranked in the preseason AP Top Ten 30 of the past 42 seasons (71.4% of the time). And even more impressively, the Final 3A AP Poll has had the eventual state champ (or at least one of the two after '98) ranked in the top ten going into the playoffs 36 out of the past 42 seasons (85.7% of the time).

The only teams to enter the playoffs unranked in the past 25 years and win an outright 3A title are Groesbeck in 1991, Mexia in 1989 and Medina Valley in 1984 (3 times prior to 1998) and since dividiing into Divisions I and II it's happened 6 times!! Aledo '98, Liberty-Eylau '99, La Grange '00, Bandera '02, Atlanta '03 and Abilene Wylie '04

PPHSfan
09-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
A few actual interesting stats on the accuracy of the AP Poll in predicting 3A Football State Champs....

In the past 42 seasons (1964-2005) the preseason #1 pick in the 3A AP Poll has gone on to win a state title 12 times (28.6% of the time).

Interestingly the #1 team on the Final 3A AP Poll (which is released at the end of the regular season before the playoffs begin) has gone on to win a state title only 9 times (21.4% of the time).

The eventual 3A state champion (prior to 1998) and at least one of the two 3A champs (1998-2005) has been ranked in the preseason AP Top Ten 30 of the past 42 seasons (71.4% of the time). And even more impressively, the Final 3A AP Poll has had the eventual state champ (or at least one of the two after '98) ranked in the top ten going into the playoffs 36 out of the past 42 seasons (85.7% of the time). The only teams to enter the playoffs unranked in the past 25 years and win the title are Groesbeck in 1991, Mexia in 1989 and Medina Valley in 1984.

I don't think Bandera was ranked in the top 50 in 2003