PDA

View Full Version : Madison 26-SOC 13

JR2004
09-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Great game from the defense tonight. They forced 5 turnovers, scored a touchdown and had THREE goalline stands in the game. SOC really never had much of a chance in this game at all as they really had problems dealing with Madison's speed, especially the linebackers and secondary. Anytime Marcus Gates is the defensive coordinator you know you're going to get a well coached unit that has plenty of speed all over the field. He's really done wonders at his alma mater over the last 3 seasons in resurrecting that defense.

The offense was well pretty bad outside of Shawnbrey. The paper has Broderick Ross listed as catching the TD pass, but that was actually Shawnbrey catching the 50 yard TD unless my eyes deceived me. He had all three of their offensive touchdowns and had 173 yards total tonight. I wasn't real impressed with how he was used and that quote in the DMN recently from Madison's head coach saying the kid was going to get the ball more this season appears to be a bit of hyperbole as he touched the ball only 16 times. If that constitutes an increased workload then they're in a world of hurt later on this season because he needs that ball in his hands at least 25 times a game at a minimum.That long TD he had though was a heck of a run as he just has that other gear he can kick it into in the open field and he basically becomes untouchable. Hopefully things will be better next week though for the rest of the offense.