carter08
09-02-2006, 09:11 PM
i'm amazed

wedo
09-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Any updates yet???

RBARKER
09-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Just got back from the game final was BH 23 Wharton 6.

BH's defense pretty much keep the Wharton Offense off balance tonight. Wharton did get a couple of drives going though. One ended with an interception at the 10 yard line while another ended with a BH defender stripping the ball from the Wharton running back on the 1 yard line. Wharton stumbled on offense while BH did the same. typical first game mistakes that will get better for both teams. both defenses played well I thinkg Wharton was pretty tired by the end allowing our second team to mount a drive that ended on the 1 yard line as BH let the time expire. Good luck to Wharton! BH takes on Jasper next should be a good one.

WOSgrad
09-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Good job, BH! It was kind of worrysome after the first couple of scrimmages y'all had.

RBARKER
09-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Good job, BH! It was kind of worrysome after the first couple of scrimmages y'all had.

Thanks, You aint kidding Grad!! BH didn't look sharp in the scrimmages, but that is what they are for to work things out and I think the Eagles are heading in the right direction.

EAGLETOWN
09-03-2006, 10:20 AM
(Here is the local right up on the game.)

BH rolls to easy win over Wharton

By Jerry Michalsky
Baytown Sun

Published September 3, 2006

PEARLAND — Coming into Saturday night’s contest the Barbers Hill Eagles figured to have a tough time with Wharton. After all, the Tigers had 14 starters coming back from last year’s team and were ranked No. 5 in the Greater Houston Area. No one told the Eagles, as Barbers Hill took an easy 23-6 victory over the Tigers at “The Rig.”

“I thought our kids played hard all the way through and the effort was always there,” said Barbers Hill head coach Don Price. “We came out with some first night jitters but once we worked those out we were OK.”

After the teams traded possessions for most of the first quarter it was the Eagles who put together a nice drive. Using the arm and legs of Blake Patton, Barbers Hill went 64 yards on nine plays with Patton scoring from a yard out with only 11 seconds to go in the quarter.

Leading 7-0 heading into the second quarter the Eagles defense started to assert themselves, causing the first of five turnovers. Derek Hulsey would fall on a Tiger fumble giving his team the ball at the Wharton 28-yard line. Barbers Hill would drive down to the Tiger 4 line before Wharton would hold, setting up a Nick Coggin 24-yard field goal and a 10-0 lead.

Wharton looked as if they were going to get on the board before the first half ended by driving all the way down to the Eagle 12-yard line. Jonathan Delgado halted the drive though by picking off a Joel Ansley pass.

Early in the third quarter it was once again the defense who would set up the Barbers Hill offense in great field position. Kyle Cox pounced on a Wharton fumble giving the Eagles the ball at the Tiger 18-yard line. After a bad exchange from center on first down moved Barbers Hill back to the 22-yard line, it was Blake Patton hitting Michael Davis on a 22-yard touchdown pass. Davis caught the pass at the 10, cut to the right and slipped into the end zone for the Eagle touchdown.

“There are two guys who are both playing in new positions for us and scoring a touchdown,” added Price.

Joe Sexton then got into the act by picking off a Ansley pass to end another Wharton drive. The Eagles then went on their second 64-yard scoring drive on the night, this time needing only seven plays as Todd Patton scored from a yard out for a 23-0 Barbers Hill lead with 4:14 left in the third quarter.

Wharton would finally get on the board as Ansley hit Jamail Shelton from nine yards out on the first play of the fourth quarter.

“It was a nice way to start the season off,” said Price. “The coaches did a good job of getting our kids prepared for their speed.”

For the game the Eagles put up 265 yards of total offense. Blake Patton was 12 for 16 through the air for 119 yards while Todd Patton rushed for a game high 129 yards on 22 carries.

Barbers Hill will head to the piney woods next Friday as they travel to Jasper to tangle with the Bulldogs. Game time is 7:30 p.m.

griff
09-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Nice win, BH. Congratulations.

HillBoy
09-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Nice win Eagles now keep that ball rollin. O yah and on a side note BH's new uniforms look real sharp.

maestro
09-03-2006, 11:42 AM
wharton......6 turnovers......

failure inside the red zone three times......

sweetwater07
09-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by maestro

coulda, woulda, shoulda,........don't make excuses please...otherwise this thread will sound like snyder complaining about "the catch"....LOL

maestro
09-03-2006, 09:54 PM
oh...no excuses....

i was just reading the houston chronicle article about the game....

i'm sure that the better team came out on top.

BlueBlood
09-04-2006, 12:05 AM
oh...no excuses....

i was just reading the houston chronicle article about the game....

i'm sure that the better team came out on top.

They did.

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Wharton

carter08
09-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Wharton

Wharton already lost :D

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 11:42 AM
They lost the battle...not the war! :D

Bull's-eye
09-04-2006, 09:53 PM

Wharton 18-14 advantage in first downs, 206-133 rushing yards and 313-242 total yards. I would say those 6 turnovers made a difference. :thinking:

BU97
09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
BH played outstanding, we really did not. We turned it over 2 times inside our own 20 and 2 time inside their own 20 to set up 10 points. To make matters worse we had a starter severely twist an ankle in pre-game warm-up!

We did some good things, but you won't win ANY games when you are (-5) in the turnover margin. We gotta get ready for BPort, you probably won't hear much from me this week. I read all the pre-game posts last week and we lost, so I am going to stay away this week and hope for better karma (or is it carma?)

Keep the downlow uneventful this week while I am gone:)

Respek!

scrub c
09-05-2006, 12:43 PM
The Law of Karma:
In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.'

NateDawg39
09-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
The Law of Karma:
In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.' So there gonna lose agin based on "Crapa" the sister version of Karma:eek: :eek:

scrub c
09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
btw...

we made bport look like but-stomping machine in the second half. If you hang on to the football (we didnt) you should have no problem. They got some MO in the second half and we had to fight like crazy to hang on...

raider red 2000
09-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
btw...

we made bport look like but-stomping machine in the second half. If you hang on to the football (we didnt) you should have no problem. They got some MO in the second half and we had to fight like crazy to hang on...

heck- we didnt hold on to the ball either.

SCrub- yalls was a game of 2 halves. flannel back this week?