Texas-Fight
09-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Who wins and why? Please don't get this closed! :thumbsup:

carter08
09-02-2006, 07:52 PM
THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL. IT IS UNOFFICIAL

Texas-Fight
09-02-2006, 07:53 PM
No it's the official. Just not the official 3a downlow Texas vs Ohio State Thread. ;)

MagicMan
09-02-2006, 07:57 PM
ohio state wins big. texas has great athletes but i dont think mccoy can lead them to victory.

awizzy
09-02-2006, 08:03 PM
texas will win...but it will be a good game..the fact that ohio st D is young will come into play and we got them in austin...charles will have a big game like wolfe did today for northern illions...i say

TEXAS 24
OHIO ST 17

Pmoney
09-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Texas wins this one in a close one....the Ohio St. run defense isnt great and Jammal and Selvin will have big games....

Texas 28
Ohio St. 24

Jammal Charles-125 yds. 2 TDs
Selvin Young-60 yds. 1 TD
Colt McCoy-13-21 275 yds 1 TD
Limas Sweed 5 Rec. 105 yds 1 TD
Jordan Shipley 6 Rec. 75 yds

thats my in-depth prediction

PPHSfan
09-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Texas 35
Ohio State 7

Write it down.

One week from now Ohio State and Notre Dame will both have a loss.

manormustangs
09-02-2006, 11:00 PM
texas will win a close one and let me tell you why.......ohio state does not have a good defence.....there offence is proberbly the best in the country but texas will keep up in the scoring margin but texas defence will come up big with some key stops to pull them to victory.......
texas 31
ohio state 24

injuredinmelee
09-02-2006, 11:52 PM
I thought the rushing game for UT today wasnt all that great. They kept trying to bounce everythign outside and you cn get away with that against UNT but with OSU's speed it wont be possible.

Bulldog_12
09-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I thought the rushing game for UT today wasnt all that great. They kept trying to bounce everythign outside and you cn get away with that against UNT but with OSU's speed it wont be possible.

I agree with this. I thought the rushing was not impressive. Selvin Young didnt look that great to me. McCoy is accurate, but doesnt have a lot of power put behind his throws. I think it will still be a great game, but I think the Buckeyes win it. Troy Smith looked pretty good tonight. JMHO

TheDOCTORdre
09-03-2006, 06:14 PM
it should be a good close game possibly even better than last years matchup at the horseshoe. Ohio States defense wont be able to stop the run, i know UT didnt seem all to impressive rushing against UNT, but they will be ready come saturday. UT's secondary better bet ready to stop Ginn, because I can see Smith too Ginn happening all night. Colt will have to start out strong because if osu's defense gets him rattled early it could be a long night for the youngster. I wont pick a winner now that will come later this week in The Doctor's Orders but I will say it will be a close one

bulldogman06
09-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Texas will lose this one without VY there to pull them out of the game, and PPHSfan, who do you think beats Notre Dame?

Texas-Fight
09-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Vince Young didn't pull them out last year. Any QB can throw a fade in the endzone. It was total team effort.

eagles_victory
09-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Vince Young didn't pull them out last year. Any QB can throw a fade in the endzone. It was total team effort. i agree with you 100 percent. If you want to argue that Vince pulled texas out of the rose bowl you might have an argument. But the game against TOSU Vince didnt play really outstanding it was a team effort that night

bulldogman06
09-03-2006, 06:37 PM
however, without VY, I dont think they can beat Ohio State this year

Texas-Fight
09-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Can you give us a more in depth reason as to why they will not win this year without Vince Young?

bulldogman06
09-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Vince Young was a two dimensional QB, which presents problems for defenses. VY was also arguably the best QB last year. I know everyone else is better, but you cant replace someone like that

sinton66
09-03-2006, 07:18 PM
As was said further up in this thread, VY didn't have a super game against Ohio State. It was definitely a team effort last year.

bulldogman06
09-03-2006, 08:04 PM
However, his mere presence caused problems for defenses, they had to have someone watching him, maybe 2 people

sinton66
09-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't thinkl anyone knows for sure what Texas is capable of this year. We'll know next Saturday.

bulldogman06
09-03-2006, 08:25 PM
I agree. I was just making my prediction

Cameron Crazy
09-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
ohio state wins big. texas has great athletes but i dont think mccoy can lead them to victory. You are a genius i like youi!

Cameron Crazy
09-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Ohio St. wins b/c plain and simply they don't have VY this yr. b/c he was their entire team

sinton66
09-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Sorry, but that's a somewhat ignorant statement, IMO. No one man is an entire team, not for anybody. Vince would be the first one to tell you that.

Bulldog_12
09-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Sorry, but that's a somewhat ignorant statement, IMO. No one man is an entire team, not for anybody. Vince would be the first one to tell you that.

Did you watch the Rose Bowl? Ill be the first to admit that Vince Young was probably the best player in the country last year and freaking won that game. Without Vince, that fourth down the defense gets with White doesnt matter.

Txbroadcaster
09-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Yes Young had a solid game last year against Ohio State, but it was the DEFENSE that won the game...Ohio State had the ball inside the Horns 30 FOUR times..one TD three FGs..So Defense won the game

As far as the running game agianst UNT..averaged 4.95 yds a carry and I dont think UT was trying to show everything in their rushing arsenal.

Now as far as the Ohio State defense...YES they lost alot, but it is not like they have scrubs in their place..They are young and TALENTED. IMO this is how the breakdown works

Texas Rush vs Ohio State Rush D= Advantage Texas..I think the Horns can wear down the Bucks. I know Texas prides itself on the stable of backs, but just ONCE I would love to see them let ONE back be the horse, I feel both Young and Charles get better with more carries. If Selvin will not fumble he is your workhorse, Charles is your homerun threat. Melton is there just to be nasty.

Texas Pass vs Ohio State Pass D= EVEN..Young secondary vs a veteran WR corp would give Texas the edge BUT a QB playing in his second game ever for Texas makes this even.

Ohio State Run vs Texas Run D= Texas..size up front, speed at the LB corp. Pittman is a good back, but not an AMAZING back. Troy Smith is the X-factor for the Bucksd rushing BUT..lets remember the defense for Texas practised last year agianst Young, so they have seen a rushing QB.

Ohio State Passing vs Texas Pass D= Ohio State BARELY...Real close, but I will give the edge to State, Smith has a better arm than alot of people think. He hit for 72% of his passes. I know Tx shut down Ginn Jr last year, but I also think that was OSU's fault for not going to him more. Again Smith's threat at running can help the passing if the Griffin brothers have to start coming up to fill cut back lanes when he scrambles.

Special Team= Really to early to say, though I give a + to Texas cause of their ability to block kicks and Ross's return ability WHEN he holds on to the ball

Intangibles= Real hard to say, Yes Texas is at home, BUT Ohio State was last year. Sometimes in big games being at home can be almost a negative. The pressure is on Ohio State, cause hey Texas does not have VY, and a new QB so they are not suppose to win. But OSU also has the veteran exp. on offense.

For Texas to win IMO they need to get out early and play frontrunner, keep the crowd pumped, force OSU to get out of their offense early. If they fall behinf, the crowd gets antsy, they are then looking at a RS freshman to lead them on a comeback.

My prediction

Tx 31
OSU 28

Texas gets ONE defensive TD, and jump out early, OSU makes a comeback that will fall just short.

sinton66
09-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Did you watch the Rose Bowl? Ill be the first to admit that Vince Young was probably the best player in the country last year and freaking won that game. Without Vince, that fourth down the defense gets with White doesnt matter.

Yes, I watched it, but we're not discussing the Rose Bowl. We're discussing Texas vs. Ohio State last year. Even discussing the Rose Bowl, Vince didn't do it ALL by himself. There were catches made by Pittman and Swede. There were runs by the backs. There were great plays by the defense. Yes, Vince made all of that better and even came through with the game winner, but everyone on the team contributed to the victory.

manormustangs
09-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Ohio St. wins b/c plain and simply they don't have VY this yr. b/c he was their entire team

thats weird i didnt know vince young was on defence so how can you say he was there whole team........remember texas defence stoped usc on 4th down and they gave the ball to vince to win it

bulldogman06
09-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Simply put without Vince Texas would not have won all of their games last year, you cannot say that about everyone on their team. Vince was the cornerstone for the team last year, and when you take that out, everything collapses. Im not saying Texas wont be good this year what I am saying is that they will not be as good as they were

The Kracken
09-03-2006, 11:22 PM
The Ohio State University will win if Ohio can stop the run and put the game in hands of qb dont think hell be able to handle the pressure of a game like this so early

mrescape43
09-03-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't really have a pic, but I think it will be a very entertaining game with the final score very tight.

Emerson1
09-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Simply put without Vince Texas would not have won all of their games last year, you cannot say that about everyone on their team. Vince was the cornerstone for the team last year, and when you take that out, everything collapses. Im not saying Texas wont be good this year what I am saying is that they will not be as good as they were
That's how every NC team is, take away 1 player and they are a 1 or 2 loss team.

bulldogman06
09-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That's how every NC team is, take away 1 player and they are a 1 or 2 loss team.

Exactly, this is the point I am making, this will be one of Texas' losses

Bulldog_12
09-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yes, I watched it, but we're not discussing the Rose Bowl. We're discussing Texas vs. Ohio State last year. Even discussing the Rose Bowl, Vince didn't do it ALL by himself. There were catches made by Pittman and Swede. There were runs by the backs. There were great plays by the defense. Yes, Vince made all of that better and even came through with the game winner, but everyone on the team contributed to the victory.

I didnt realize you were just talking about that one game. You just said no one man makes a team and I had to differ on that. The only time I saw Texas NOT depend on Vince was at Kyle Field. Even the Media, who are pretty hyped up on Texas right now, have gone on record saying that without Young, they might not have won tOSU, OSU, or The Rose Bowl.

carter08
09-04-2006, 10:04 AM
DID YOU KNOW

Buckeyes (the nuts) are poisonous

WTF-82
09-04-2006, 10:22 AM
OHIO STATE WINS / THIS IS NOT ANOTHER WEAK BIG 12 TEAM

STATE LOOKS GOOD AND THERE DEFENSE WILL GET BETTER.
TEXAS WILL LOSE THIS WON BUT THEY WILL RUN THE TABLE THE REST OF THE WAY ONLY BIG 12 TEAM THAT COULD CHALLENGE IS TECH AT HOME AND OU COULD GIVE THEM A GAME BUT THAT IS IT. BIG 12 JUST NOT POWER EVERY YEAR THERE ARE ONLY 1 OR 2 TEAMS THAT CAN COMPETE IN THE NATIONS TOP 25.

carter08
09-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by ***-82

TEXAS WILL LOSE THIS WON BUT THEY WILL RUN THE TABLE THE REST OF THE WAY ONLY BIG 12 TEAM THAT COULD CHALLENGE IS TECH AT HOME AND OU COULD GIVE THEM A GAME BUT THAT IS IT. BIG 12 JUST NOT POWER EVERY YEAR THERE ARE ONLY 1 OR 2 TEAMS THAT CAN COMPETE IN THE NATIONS TOP 25.

Is caps-lock really necessary?

WTF-82
09-04-2006, 10:24 AM

TEXAS WILL LOSE THIS ONE BUT THEY WILL RUN THE TABLE THE REST OF THE WAY ONLY BIG 12 TEAM THAT COULD CHALLENGE IS TECH AT HOME AND OU COULD GIVE THEM A GAME. BUT THAT IS IT. BIG 12 JUST NOT POWER EVERY YEAR THERE ARE ONLY 1 OR 2 TEAMS THAT CAN COMPETE IN THE NATIONS TOP 25.

carter08
09-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ***-82

TEXAS WILL LOSE THIS ONE BUT THEY WILL RUN THE TABLE THE REST OF THE WAY ONLY BIG 12 TEAM THAT COULD CHALLENGE IS TECH AT HOME AND OU COULD GIVE THEM A GAME. BUT THAT IS IT. BIG 12 JUST NOT POWER EVERY YEAR THERE ARE ONLY 1 OR 2 TEAMS THAT CAN COMPETE IN THE NATIONS TOP 25.

You already said that.

Post Padder

Butkus
09-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by carter08
You already said that.

Post Padder I dont think those longhorns can beat those buckeyes this time round.

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Texas has to much all around talent

Eagle 1
09-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Saving that for later.
Ohio State wins, and you can quote me on that.

3afan
09-04-2006, 02:23 PM
do I go to Frisco to watch Forney @ Centennial (Sat. 6:30) or stay home & watch Tex/OSU? :confused:

NateDawg39
09-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Well...I think this is gonna be very close like last time, but no VY to "air" it in. Its gonna be a defensive show...Bucks 18-14 over UT.

Butkus
09-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Less see who covers that ginn lad oh wait Im sure the brown lad will have served pentance by then.

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
do I go to Frisco to watch Forney @ Centennial (Sat. 6:30) or stay home & watch Tex/OSU? :confused: That is a silly question! :p

3afan
09-04-2006, 02:26 PM
That is a silly question! :p

you're right ............................ I can tape the game ;)

Texas-Fight
lol, Not quite what I was looking for as a reply.

Butkus
Originally posted by 3afan
you're right ............................ I can tape the game ;) Now thats funny I dont care who you are.

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
ok i just quoted you on that...too bad it wont hold up

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 04:34 PM
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/corso_gameday_101705_300.jpg

I can see it now this Saturday. Beautiful :inlove:

wedo
09-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Texas will beat tosu!!! Even if Terrell Brown doesnt play Aaron ross can hold teddy ginn!!! Does anyone know why??? B/c Teddy Ginn is the most overrated WR in the nation!!! The three best WR in the nation are Calvin Johnson, Jeff "the shark" and Dwayne Jarret!!! Yeah sure he can run a reverse but Texas defense is too fast for that!!! Teddy Ginn hasn't proved anything except the ability to continually drop passes in big time games!!! I'll give him credit for that long one in the Fiesta Bowl when he was WIDE open against that slow ND defense!!!! Somebody from that Texas defense will knock his helmet off one good time and he will tell Troy Smith not to throw him the ball !!! Texas will stop Antonio Pittman to less than 75 yard and Texas will win 31- 10 mark it down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 05:58 PM
The way Sweed looked you could put him in the top 5!

wedo
09-04-2006, 11:16 PM
The nations longest winning streak will continue this week!!!

bulldogman06
09-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Texas will beat tosu!!! Even if Terrell Brown doesnt play Aaron ross can hold teddy ginn!!! Does anyone know why??? B/c Teddy Ginn is the most overrated WR in the nation!!! The three best WR in the nation are Calvin Johnson, Jeff "the shark" and Dwayne Jarret!!! Yeah sure he can run a reverse but Texas defense is too fast for that!!! Teddy Ginn hasn't proved anything except the ability to continually drop passes in big time games!!! I'll give him credit for that long one in the Fiesta Bowl when he was WIDE open against that slow ND defense!!!! Somebody from that Texas defense will knock his helmet off one good time and he will tell Troy Smith not to throw him the ball !!! Texas will stop Antonio Pittman to less than 75 yard and Texas will win 31- 10 mark it down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginn will get at least 2 TDs in this one, Texas has a great Defense but NOBODY can cover Ginn by themselves. However, if Texas does somehow win this one, then you can count on them being in the championship game against either FSU or ND.

District303aPastPlayer
09-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Ginn will get at least 2 TDs in this one, Texas has a great Defense but NOBODY can cover Ginn by themselves. However, if Texas does somehow win this one, then you can count on them being in the championship game against either FSU or ND.

West Viginia vs Notre Dame :)

bulldogman06
09-05-2006, 01:34 AM
ehh, maybe WVU. But watching the Miami-FSU game said alot about FSU's defense

NDFootball
09-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Sorry UT fans....

Just going to give ya'll a reminder.

Chris Simms used to win the games against North Texas too.
I smell a choke coming on by McCoy IMO.

UT won't stop Troy Smith and Ted Ginn, they made believers out of me last January and they're going to turn heads on Saturday too.

MagicMan
09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
texas defense may be good but not good enough to stop the explosiveness of the osu offense....people say it will be a repeat of last year but last year if troy smith would have played the whole game it would have been a different outcome....and he WILL be playin the full game this year and there is no vince young this year so there are your reasons why texas will not win...and another one is a rookie can only do some much...i dont see mccoy winning his 2nd start against the number one team

Texas-Fight
09-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Like I've said before Vince did not have a big game and anyone can throw a fade the corner of and endzone

JasperDog94
09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Sorry UT fans....

UT won't stop Troy Smith and Ted Ginn, they made believers out of me last January and they're going to turn heads on Saturday too. Would it really be considered choking if McCoy doesn't pull them through? After all nobody is expecting him to light it up anyway.

bulldogman06
09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
who cares if Vince had a big game or not, Mccoy's best game woudl be a mediocre game for Vince right now. plus, as i said earlier, the defense wont have to worry as much about a mobile QB

NDFootball
09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Would it really be considered choking if McCoy doesn't pull them through? After all nobody is expecting him to light it up anyway.

Not necessarily, but everyone I've heard has been talking about how good he is because he passed a little bit on the North Texas defense. Whoopee.

If UT is all run then I wouldn't consider him choking but I don't see Texas beating a team like Ohio State with a one dimensional offense. Vince might not have had a big game last year against OSU but he came through when his team needed him most. Something UT's QBs could never do before him. All I'm saying is that if they want to have a prayer of beating Ohio State he has to get his feet wet....and I'm saying right now he'll choke where Vince Young came through.

3afan
09-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Sorry UT fans....

UT won't stop Troy Smith and Ted Ginn, they made believers out of me last January and they're going to turn heads on Saturday too.

choke?

KTJ
09-05-2006, 09:59 PM

How can you choke in your 2nd career start?

And to the rest of these replies, I say "torbush."

GreenGobbla
09-05-2006, 11:45 PM
i agree with everything NDfootball is saying. there is no way texas is going to beat OSU this year.

MagicMan
09-05-2006, 11:48 PM
green gobbla i thought i would never say this but im gonna have to agree with you. texas sucks.

GreenGobbla
09-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
green gobbla i thought i would never say this but im gonna have to agree with you. texas sucks.

yay..

wedo
09-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Sorry UT fans....

Last January when they played that sorry and slow ND defense!!! Tedd Ginn made me a beliver that he is fast!! And one person can cover him!!! IF someone gets in his face and jams the SH** out of him at the line of scrimmage he can be covered!! He has not made a catch in a big game his whole career and it showed in the michigan game last year when he CHOKED!!!!

BTEXDAD
09-06-2006, 08:36 AM
McCoy has no win situation of being the QB right after vince young. No matter what he does, people will say vince would have done as good or better.
Texas has good chance to win. OSU won't have 100,000 people cheering for them like they did in Columbus last year. Buckeyes put up 35 on Northern Illinois, but it appeared at times the Northern Illinois defenders were running in mud (meaning they're slow). That won't be case with UT. They have def linemen that can probably outrun Northern Illinois' def backs.
I'm big UT fan, but if anyone remembers, I had said few months back, I expected ohio state and Auburn to be playing for nat championship. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and UT makes it.
Saturday's game has HUGE implications on national championship picture.

kaorder1999
09-06-2006, 08:38 AM
you are right...he is in a no win situation when it comes to following young. He has a chance to step up big saturday though. Should be very interesting!

Phil C
09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
The main things people focus on is the UT inexperiece at QB and Ohio State's defense losing a lot of starters. I think what is going to surprise people is that Colt will have a good game and that the Ohio State defense is going to be better than t hey thought. Reloaded not rebuilt. It should be a good close game.

HAN SING
09-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Han go with Texas by 3 in close one. Edge go to Texas .. Play at home help Longhorn.

wedo
09-06-2006, 07:05 PM
I've said it before and ill say it again Ut will win this game and if they don't i will eat my words!!!!!

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 07:09 PM
It'll be nice to see you all eating crow after the game Saturday.

Did I not say back in December we were going to win the NC? Didn't everyone here except Phil C. call me crazy and talk about how unstoppable Reggie, Leinart, etc. were? Do you people ever learn?

;)

EDIT: I do expect to get a lot of Longhorn hate through this year tho. We're going to once again own every team in the Big 12 and Aggy/Red Raider/OU fans are going to be ticked about it. Man. . .the view from the top suuuuuuuuuuure is nice.:)

TheDOCTORdre
09-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn

Did I not say back in December we were going to win the NC? Didn't everyone here except Phil C. call me crazy and talk about how unstoppable Reggie, Leinart, etc. were? Do you people ever learn?

;)
lets not overexaggerate, you and Phil C were not the only ones sayin that UT wass goin to win the NC. And while you were saying that in December, I had already been saying it since the start of last season ;)

Emerson1
09-06-2006, 07:28 PM

;)

EDIT: I do expect to get a lot of Longhorn hate through this year tho. We're going to once again own every team in the Big 12 and Aggy/Red Raider/OU fans are going to be ticked about it. Man. . .the view from the top suuuuuuuuuuure is nice.:)
Wow, what a bold prediction that was!

AggiesAreWe
09-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Bonghorns 24 ounces, lids, pounds, oh I mean points
Buckeyes 23

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
lets not overexaggerate, you and Phil C were not the only ones sayin that UT wass goin to win the NC. And while you were saying that in December, I had already been saying it since the start of last season ;)

Well, since I go to school there, technically I've been saying it for YEARS now. . .it just finally came together last January.;)

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Bonghorns 24 ounces, lids, pounds, oh I mean points
Buckeyes 23

So, how many wins is Franochino and the Wreckin' Crew predicting this year? You think they can pull one out against UL-Lafayette (sic)? ;)

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Not necessarily, but everyone I've heard has been talking about how good he is because he passed a little bit on the North Texas defense. Whoopee.

If UT is all run then I wouldn't consider him choking but I don't see Texas beating a team like Ohio State with a one dimensional offense. Vince might not have had a big game last year against OSU but he came through when his team needed him most. Something UT's QBs could never do before him. All I'm saying is that if they want to have a prayer of beating Ohio State he has to get his feet wet....and I'm saying right now he'll choke where Vince Young came through.

Sorry bud, but Colt McCoy looked better than B. Quinn looked on Saturday. The ND hype machine has been exposed on the 1st week of the season. . .surprise surprise.

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 08:26 PM

Hrm. . .I seem to think that last year we held Teddy to 2 catches for 9 yards. . .and that was with Santonio Holmes on the other side of the field needing to be covered as well.

Ted G. has never stepped up in a big game so far. He's MUCH better at returning kicks than he is at catching the ball. That being said. . .I'm sure he's gotten at least a little better from last year. I still don't expect him to light it up for 2 TDs and 150 yards tho.

bulldogman06
09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
First of all, to compare Mccoy to Brady Quinn is silly, a proven star against a rookie whose only game experience is against UNT??? I could pass well against them with that huge line blocking for me. secondly, this post is about Ohio State and Texas, not the Aggies. but if youd like to bet on the Aggie-UL Lafayette game, Id be willin to bet on that, or the TOSU-UT game. either one, im game

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 09:30 PM
First of all, to compare Mccoy to Brady Quinn is silly, a proven star against a rookie whose only game experience is against UNT??? I could pass well against them with that huge line blocking for me. secondly, this post is about Ohio State and Texas, not the Aggies. but if youd like to bet on the Aggie-UL Lafayette game, Id be willin to bet on that, or the TOSU-UT game. either one, im game

I'll bet that the Aggies don't win more than 5 games this year even with their chump schedule.

Also, it was a dig at NDFan who's even a bigger homer than me, not a legitimate comparison. However. . .how is Brady Quinn a proven star? Last time I saw him he was beating only two teams with winning records last year. I did see him writhing on the ground in pain during the Fiesta Bowl tho when the Bucks embarrassed the Domers in a blow-out.

As far as the Bucks are concerned. . .they're a great team. I still don't understand why they get ranked #1 over the defending natty champs who beat them last year, especially when their defense lost NINE starters.

I watched the game against NIU and the ONLY. . .yes, the ONLY guy they had to stop was Wolfe, the runningback. . .and he went crazy on them to the tune of 258 total yards. So, if you think this is going to be some blowout or major win by the Bucks, think again. They might win a nailbiter but it isn't going to be a runaway by either team.

I understand people hate the Horns, but you'd think they'd wise up and not pick against them everytime a team that isn't a total pushover plays them. Last year everyone said the Bucks were going to win. . .nope. Then they said OU was going to beat us. . .nope. Then they said Texas freaking Tech was going to beat us in our house. . .nope. Then it was that the Horns had no chance against USC and we shouldn't even bother showing up. . .whoops. So, please. . .pick against the Horns. I'm a homer through and through so I say we win a close one 24-21.

Want to bet on the ATM/TT/OU/any other team on our schedule vs. Texas? Didn't think so.
;)

bulldogman06
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
I said the UT TOSU game i would bet on. none other. of course Texas is a great team, and they wont lose more than two games, probably not more than one, but i just dont think they will beat Ohio State. and Brady Quinn broke almost every ND pass record there was last year or the year before that, he has been incredibly consistent, and he was a heisman candidate last year. In my book that makes him a proven star. By the way, he played excellent against USC last year, and ND should have won that game, but the past is the past, i dont want to start on that topic

Stownhorse
09-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Ill bet Brady Quinn doesnt get heisman this year....

bulldogman06
09-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I would take that bet, barring any injuries. later guys

NDFootball
09-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry bud, but Colt McCoy looked better than B. Quinn looked on Saturday. The ND hype machine has been exposed on the 1st week of the season. . .surprise surprise.

Pretty sure if the "ND hype machine" played a team like UNT they could look pretty good too. We weren't really talking about Quinn anyways, but that's cool. The only thing that finally got UT over the hump last year was Vince Young, I can't stress that enough. Sorry if that makes all of you UT fans mad, but it's the truth.

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Pretty sure if the "ND hype machine" played a team like UNT they could look pretty good too. We weren't really talking about Quinn anyways, but that's cool. The only thing that finally got UT over the hump last year was Vince Young, I can't stress that enough. Sorry if that makes all of you UT fans mad, but it's the truth.

Right. And VY caught all his own passes. . .played defense. . .returned kicks and coached the team as well.

Hey, when ND actually wins a bowl game this century let me know.

NDFootball
09-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Right. And VY caught all his own passes. . .played defense. . .returned kicks and coached the team as well.

Hey, when ND actually wins a bowl game this century let me know.

Ok I'll get right on that. VY might as well have done all that...they were especially good at choking before him. I know Mack Brown sure wasn't coaching...it's amazing the kind of attitude all the UT fans get when they finally win a NC in 30 some odd years.

Texas-Fight
09-06-2006, 10:32 PM
ND is history.

What I mean by that is all they have is history.

NDFootball
09-06-2006, 10:52 PM
ND is history.

What I mean by that is all they have is history.

mmmm Maybe. I thought this was the UT/OSU thread? :thinking:

Someone please try something other than attacking ND when I say something about UT...it's starting to bore me.

AggieJohn
09-06-2006, 10:59 PM

Someone please try something other than attacking ND when I say something about UT...it's starting to bore me. then maybe you should of thought of a better screen name

bulldogman06
09-06-2006, 11:26 PM
ND finishes higher than UT this year. mark my words.

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 11:33 PM
ND finishes higher than UT this year. mark my words.

Marking them right now. . .will you be around to eat your crow at the end of the season?

WestTXLonghorn
09-06-2006, 11:34 PM

Someone please try something other than attacking ND when I say something about UT...it's starting to bore me.

So wait. . .it's ok for you to attack Longhorn football but your Irish are somehow untouchable? Man. . .what world do you live in? Can I visit?

bulldogman06
09-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Marking them right now. . .will you be around to eat your crow at the end of the season?

Yes, If I am around and I am wrong I will post a bulletin titled, "WestTxLonghorn is a genius" or whatever you want. But will you do the same if I am right?

Texas-Fight
09-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Pull ND's ...... out of your mouth's.

bulldogman06
09-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Dude, youve got no clue what your talkin about, and you sound like a 12 yr old idiot. Would you like to bet as well, or wait, do your parents let you bet yet?

Texas-Fight
09-06-2006, 11:59 PM
haha pathetic poster you! You have no clue!

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:00 AM
im sorry, i dont understand 12 year old, what do i have no clue about?

Texas-Fight
09-07-2006, 12:00 AM
haha You're in too deep now!:clap: :cool:

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:02 AM
dude, do you even have any clue what you are talkin about? or are you just saying random things that pop up into your head?

Texas-Fight
09-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Q. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?

A. The world may never know.

Similar situation. But you don't know who you're talking to. I will make you look silly in front of your ND friend.

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:05 AM
hahaha you are doin a great job right now

Texas-Fight
09-07-2006, 12:06 AM
:) :D ;) :p :cool: :clap:

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:07 AM
cat got your tongue?

Texas-Fight
:smoker: :twitch:

Texas-Fight
cat got your tongue? Haha touche

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:10 AM
im sorry, im the only one actually posting words on this, so if you have nothing to say, then let me know, so i can find something better to do

Texas-Fight
09-07-2006, 12:11 AM
You should be doing something better than arguing on a message board :D

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:13 AM
haha, you do have a point there. i wasnt actually trying to argue with anyone, it just kinda pissed me off the whole "pull NDs ...... outta my mouth" thing.

Texas-Fight
09-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Ahhh here is something to cheer you up ole chum.

Let's just root for Texas against the out of state foe.

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I did in the Rose Bowl, and I will in this game, I just dont think they will win. Im hopin for it though

Texas-Fight
09-07-2006, 12:16 AM
There chances to go undefeated in the season are better than ND's.

WOW have you actually check out ND's schedule!

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Yea good Lord, that schedule is insane, and if they play like they did against GTech, which i dont think they will, then they will be in big trouble

NDFootball
09-07-2006, 01:05 AM
So wait. . .it's ok for you to attack Longhorn football but your Irish are somehow untouchable? Man. . .what world do you live in? Can I visit?

Why yes you can...just come on over...if you get lost I'll give you directions

:D

I'm not saying ND is untouchable, I'd just like a better comeback than "How about ND winning a bowl game, then you can talk." If you want to attack them go ahead, but just try to put something other than ND is overhyped and they don't win any bowl games. Yeah they probably are overhyped...they do have their own channel for their football games. "All they are is history" yeah that's why they're overhyped...people want them to come back whether they like ND or not.

???

I just stated my opinion because there are people that already think McCoy is the greatest thing since sliced bread and Texas will dominate every game just because they beat North Texas. How about this question....

When haven't they destroyed North Texas?

If they win this game then my opinion of Texas will change...all the props in the world to them if they do. I hate OSU, especially after that Fiesta Bowl game. I don't think they'll win though personally. I do think they'll beat OU however...they are on the decline. Sorry I'm not on the UT bandwagon like everyone else here?

Oh and WestTXLonghorn if you want those directions just let me know.

SintonFan
09-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Texas might lose this game but they could still win the national championship. Who says Ohio is gonna win all the rest? This game might be UT's toughest all season long except for a rematch with Ohio State(or possibly whoever would be in the NC game). It could happen... early losses don't hurt if everyone has a loss at the end of the season.

Phil C
09-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Yea good Lord, that schedule is insane, and if they play like they did against GTech, which i dont think they will, then they will be in big trouble

You have to remember thought that Notre Dame is a Catholic College. It is one that has strong emphasis on Christian values and is well respected for its' clean programs both acedemically and athletics.

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You have to remember thought that Notre Dame is a Catholic College. It is one that has strong emphasis on Christian values and is well respected for its' clean programs both acedemically and athletics.

Dont get me wrong, I love ND, and Im not sure where you are going with that post. No offense, Im just not sure why you posted that and what it had to do with the earlier posts.

KTJ
09-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Texas might lose this game but they could still win the national championship. Who says Ohio is gonna win all the rest? This game might be UT's toughest all season long except for a rematch with Ohio State(or possibly whoever would be in the NC game). It could happen... early losses don't hurt if everyone has a loss at the end of the season.

I have tOSU losing to Iowa anyhow. Michigan may beat them too, but they play Michigan in Columbus.

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Iowa? really? wow, you think they could beat Texas but lose to Iowa? I dont even like Texas and im pretty sure they are a much better team than Iowa

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Iowa? really? wow, you think they could beat Texas but lose to Iowa? I dont even like Texas and im pretty sure they are a much better team than Iowa

Iowa is a good team with a former-A&M recruit at the helm. Drew Tate has really come into form there. They are a tough team, though they might not always get credit for it

bulldogman06
09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I spent some time with Drew Tate, he is a great qb. I just dont think Iowa has the talent to hang with Texas

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I spent some time with Drew Tate, he is a great qb. I just dont think Iowa has the talent to hang with Texas

thats not the discussion here. discussion is Iowa vs tOSU

Eagle 1
09-09-2006, 10:04 PM

You were saying?

Eagle 1
09-09-2006, 10:04 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saving that for later.

You were saying?

Adidas4I0s
09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Iowa is a good team with a former-A&M recruit at the helm. Drew Tate has really come into form there. They are a tough team, though they might not always get credit for it

I believe Iowa lost Tate to injury tonight. I don't know if it was for the season or not.

Glad to see OG calling an option on 3rd and 15 from inside your own 20. Way to hang it out there Davis. He has to open up the offense for McCoy. All of these options (pretty much all of them being pitched) and short safe routes aren't giving anybody a chance to make plays. They are allowing the OSU defense to keep the game in front of them.

carter08
09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
This is disappointing

pirate4state
09-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
You were saying? LOL! I'm glad I didn't say anything. :D Hope they come back and eat crow, unlike some other people! :rolleyes:

OSU is just that good and UT just stunk it up tonight!! :( Oh well....Sinton beat Gp!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If the COWBOYS win tomorrow it'll still be a good weekend for me...sorry to get O.T.