PDA

View Full Version : 3A Caldwell - 47, 4A Elgin - 6. OMG

hereandnow
09-02-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm not impressed very easily, but I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it. Don't get me wrong, Elgin is not a 4A playoff contender, but the Hornets' performance was possibly the strongest I've seen in years.

Two rushers surpassed 100 yards, both quarterbacks (especially Wes Bivins) looked good, receiver Waters looked like an all-stater waiting to happen and the defense in many ways looked more solid and aggressive than it did in 2004, when it finished with the best defense in 3A.

I'd give the balllclub an A minus for effort and would have given an A had it not been for a few penalties from first-game jitters. Rockdale should be a stiffer challenge, and luckily we don't trash talk them in the local paper like they do us every year and on here.

Way to go, Big Orange. You made a believer outta me. No small task.

http://www.brazossports.com/stories/090206/football_20060902077.php

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by hereandnow
I'm not impressed very easily, but I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it. Don't get me wrong, Elgin is not a 4A playoff contender, but the Hornets' performance was possibly the strongest I've seen in years.

Two rushers surpassed 100 yards, both quarterbacks (especially Wes Bivins) looked good, receiver Waters looked like an all-stater waiting to happen and the defense in many ways looked more solid and aggressive than it did in 2004, when it finished with the best defense in 3A.

I'd give the balllclub an A minus for effort and would have given an A had it not been for a few penalties from first-game jitters. Rockdale should be a stiffer challenge, and luckily we don't trash talk them in the local paper like they do us every year and on here.

Way to go, Big Orange. You made a believer outta me. No small task.

http://www.brazossports.com/stories/090206/football_20060902077.php

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Uhh...Okay.

buffpride
09-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Caldwell will not go unnoticed this year. They could ruin someone's season. I know they play Giddings tough every year.

hereandnow
09-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
Caldwell will not go unnoticed this year. They could ruin someone's season. I know they play Giddings tough every year.

Yea, its sort of an unknown rivalry in the state since Giddings is closer to La Grange. I think Giddings will win it all this year. Just a hunch. Good luck.

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Yea, its sort of an unknown rivalry in the state since Giddings is closer to La Grange. I think Giddings will win it all this year. Just a hunch. Good luck.

I dont think Giddings will win district. Just a hunch. Good luck.

And Caldwell beating a weak 4a team is not saying much there. But at any rate congrats on the win.

Ranger Mom
09-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80

And Caldwell beating a weak 4a team is not saying much there. But at any rate congrats on the win.

There you go with that trash talking!!:p :p

Hey...what game did you end up going to this weekend??

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
There you go with that trash talking!!:p :p

Hey...what game did you end up going to this weekend??

I actually didnt end up going to any games. I had to work late. It was torture knowing everyone was playing football and I wasnt there to see it. Going to the Gilmer/Tatum game this weekend though. Going to be a shoot out.

And whats wrong with stirring the pot a little bit?

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-03-2006, 02:04 PM

Is that the same WEAK 4a team that beat Rockdale the week before?

Ranger Mom
09-03-2006, 02:07 PM

LOL!! I was just giving you a hard time because of the post saying that "Rockdale should be a stiffer challenge, and luckily we don't trash talk them in the local paper like they do us every year and on here".

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
Is that the same WEAK 4a team that beat Rockdale the week before?

Well lets have class real quick...

Week 0 is the first week of the season. If Rockdale had played them the week before it would have been Week -1, which clearly does not exist.

Scrimmages are indicative of some things, but they are in no way a determining factor for the rest of the season.

Caldwell "clicked" and had a good game. Congrats on that. Can they beat Rockdale? Probably. We will find out soon enough. Just saying that a certain caldwell poster is REALLY excited about winning a game against a very weak team.

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I was just giving you a hard time because of the post saying that "Rockdale should be a stiffer challenge, and luckily we don't trash talk them in the local paper like they do us every year and on here".

Yawn...I guess noone from Caldwell has trash talked Rockdale on this board or in a newspaper. :D

hereandnow
09-03-2006, 03:13 PM
You know, as much as people in Rockdale pipedream about beating Cameron, its not wonder they jump on Cameron's bandwagon every year. If you can't beat 'em, join em, right?

I can stomach folks from Cameron ANY DAY before I can Rockdale. Even in college when you'd run into someone from there, they had their nose stuck up so high in the air, it was comical.

I made it clear in my first post that Elgin was not considered a 4A playoff contender but I never said they were weak. You just said that because you assume if Caldwell beats anyone that bad, the other team has to be weak.

Gosh, the last time I recall watching a truly "weak" team with an arrogant former coach proclaim something like "no doubt" who the best team in the district was wound up with some embarrassing 21-0 halftime score and this final outcome:

28 to 14

hereandnow
09-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Yawn...I guess noone from Caldwell has trash talked Rockdale on this board or in a newspaper. :D

Actually, no they haven't.

Next accusation.............

hereandnow
09-03-2006, 03:21 PM

Nothing - as long as your mouth doesn't write a check your butt can't cash.

:p

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Actually, no they haven't.

Next accusation.............

Well I have been a member on this board for awhile and I have heard it(plenty of trash talk I mean) before. From players last year, and members of the Caldwell community.

I have never jumped on Cameron's bandwagon. I honestly could not care less how they do. Trust me they are my least favorite team in the state of Texas.

I never said that Elgin was weak because Caldwell stomped them. I know coaches there and they have told me they going to have a down year this year, and would be surprised if they won more than 2 games.

And for me to actually halfway like Caldwell you sure are doing a good job of making me not like them anymore. Not sure why I offer my opinion about a game and you twist it into me being a Caldwell hater. I wouldn't expect less, I mean look at all of the other assumptions you have made about what I have said thus far.

And so what if people from Rockdale act like we are better than you....its because we are!;)

hereandnow
09-03-2006, 06:09 PM
And so what if people from Rockdale act like we are better than you....its because we are!;)

uh yea, and perhaps if you repeat that to yourself three times and click your ruby slippers together, you might even believe it yourself......

:wave:

GO CAMERON!

Texas-Fight
09-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Caldwell should beat Rockdale. I read on here that Rockdale struggled against that weak Elgin team and Rockdale struggled against the same weak Elgin team. Caldwell 35 - Rockdale 10.

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Texas-Fight
Caldwell should beat Rockdale. I read on here that Rockdale struggled against that weak Elgin team and Rockdale struggled against the same weak Elgin team. Caldwell 35 - Rockdale 10.

Fair enough, but I wasnt trying to say that Rockdale was going to beat Caldwell . I guess we will know that Saturday after the game. ;)

hereandnow
09-03-2006, 07:00 PM
For the record, Caldwell does not take Rockdale lightly. Beating Gonzales handily was a good sign for the future. If Caldwell wins, I don't think it would be by more than two TDs.

My prediction:

Caldwell 29, Rockdale 17

eagles_victory
09-03-2006, 07:19 PM
I actually didnt end up going to any games. I had to work late. It was torture knowing everyone was playing football and I wasnt there to see it. Going to the Gilmer/Tatum game this weekend though. Going to be a shoot out.

And whats wrong with stirring the pot a little bit? care to give another nac resident a ride to that one lol jk have fun at that one

hereandnow
09-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
care to give another nac resident a ride to that one lol jk have fun at that one

Love 'em or hate 'em, you gotta go with Tatum!

Go Green Mean Machine.....

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 07:58 PM
For the record, Caldwell does not take Rockdale lightly. Beating Gonzales handily was a good sign for the future. If Caldwell wins, I don't think it would be by more than two TDs.

My prediction:

Caldwell 29, Rockdale 17

And Rockdale doesn't Caldwell lightly. Especially with the success they have had in recent years. Recently they have owned Rockdale, but up until 5 years ago it was the other way around. Either way it should be a good one though. Gook luck Tigers.

rockdale80
09-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
care to give another nac resident a ride to that one lol jk have fun at that one

If you are looking for a ride to the game sure. There is room on for you on the way. Just PM me and we can arrange something.

hereandnow
09-04-2006, 12:47 AM
And Rockdale doesn't Caldwell lightly. Especially with the success they have had in recent years. Recently they have owned Rockdale, but up until 5 years ago it was the other way around. Either way it should be a good one though. Gook luck Tigers.

I wouldn't say "owned" for either one. "Owning" is when you win four in a row and the simply has not happened for either school.

Cameron said it owned Caldwell last year, but realistically Caldwell has beaten Cameron three times in the past eight years so saying "owned" is a bit of an overstatement.

Texas-Fight
09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Love 'em or hate 'em, you gotta go with Tatum!

Go Green Mean Machine..... :confused: :thinking: