PDA

View Full Version : Bellville/Bridge City Softball WOW!!!!!!!

Bellville22
05-11-2003, 12:04 PM
There are alot of things we don't like to have to do in life, but in the end they make us better people. Embracing your teary-eyed little sister after she just left every ounce of energy, heart, desire, and determination on the field is one of them. She, along with all of her teammates, played their hearts out against a very good Bridge City softball team. Unfortunately, all they have to show for it is tears. But that's the brutal reality of the playoffs, and one every team, except one, experiences. In a few weeks, they'll smile, look back and realize what kind of effort they put forth, and hold their head up high, because they will know they are stronger because of it. But right now it hurts.

For those of you lucky enough to have found yourselves at New Caney last Friday and Saturday, you witnessed a classic example of a great team stepping up and doing what they needed to win, and an underdog refusing to go down with out a fight, claw and scratch to the very end. Coaches coached, fans cheered, umpires made bad calls, fans screamed at umpires, fans got ejected, but in the end, like it always does, it came down to a few dozen girls playing their butts off to decide the outcome. There were mistakes, errors, and goofs, but that was overshadowed by brilliant softball. Bridge City looked like they had put it away, up 8-3. But like true champions, the Brahmanettes refused to lay down, and battled back, ending the game with bases loaded, a red hot leadoff hitter at the plate, and a one run deficit on the scoreboard. That's all you can ask for, but on this day, the young ladies from BC won the battle, and hats off to them.

To Old Card and the Lady Cards: Congrats and thank you for a tremendous series. I predicted it to go 3 games, and they used every bit of it. You girls are extremely talented, and tremendous competitors. Best of luck to you on your run, and I hope it's one that doesn't end soon.

To the Brahmanettes: It's gonna hurt for a little while, but hold your heads up high, because you are champions in our books. You play with class and determination and no one can ever take that away from you. You entered this series underdogs, matched up against a team with more talent, not many people gave you a chance. But you didn't listen to that, you played your butts off, and came up 60ft. short of making it very interesting. Best of luck to the seniors as they journey thru life, and I can't wait til next year, cause you know, and I know we've got a pretty talented group coming back.

Dulce04
05-11-2003, 01:09 PM
I absolutely understand everything that Bellville is going through. I play for the Caldwell Lady Hornets who recently just lost to Kirbyville. Going into that game, I had no doubts that my team would win. I was so excited that we had actually made it to regionals and I just knew that we would make it one step closer. Earlier that day before we left for the game, we warmed up at our school. Our outfielders seemed to of had a bad day that day but I figured they were just getting it out before the game so I still wasn't worried. 6th inning of the game comes and a pop fly was hit to an outfielder to where she only had to make a few steps to catch it. The wind supposedly caught it and she missed it completely causing a girl to score and another to get to third. The next batter up hits a ball to another outfielder who had to run up to get it but when she caught it ... it bounced out of her glove causing the next girl to score. Each team then went up to get three up three down to end the game. I am only a junior this year but softball is my game. I felt that I worked my butt off soooo hard this season only to lose a game we should've won. They didn't hit any balls in the holes to earn their runs. I took it very hard and now I feel that all I have to show for that game is tears as well. I also play volleyball and basketball but neither compare to softball in my mind. Fortunately, I have next year to lead my team to the State playoffs.

Birdman
05-11-2003, 05:17 PM
I did witness the BC/Bellville softball games on Saturday and Bellville22 has given an excellent and accurate description. Those Brahmanettes refused to die! This is a program on the way up. Congratulations to the Bellville players, coaches, and fans! You are a class act. Congratulations to our Lady Cardinals for reaching down deep and coming back from a disappointing first game and winning two straight from a talented and feisty Bellville squad. Pitchers did a great job and hitters came through. The defense will have to improve to continue at this level. Congratulations again to both schools. Good luck, Lady Cardinals!!!

Brahma73
05-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Dulce04:
I absolutely understand everything that Bellville is going through. I play for the Caldwell Lady Hornets who recently just lost to Kirbyville. Going into that game, I had no doubts that my team would win. I was so excited that we had actually made it to regionals and I just knew that we would make it one step closer. Earlier that day before we left for the game, we warmed up at our school. Our outfielders seemed to of had a bad day that day but I figured they were just getting it out before the game so I still wasn't worried. 6th inning of the game comes and a pop fly was hit to an outfielder to where she only had to make a few steps to catch it. The wind supposedly caught it and she missed it completely causing a girl to score and another to get to third. The next batter up hits a ball to another outfielder who had to run up to get it but when she caught it ... it bounced out of her glove causing the next girl to score. Each team then went up to get three up three down to end the game. I am only a junior this year but softball is my game. I felt that I worked my butt off soooo hard this season only to lose a game we should've won. They didn't hit any balls in the holes to earn their runs. I took it very hard and now I feel that all I have to show for that game is tears as well. I also play volleyball and basketball but neither compare to softball in my mind. Fortunately, I have next year to lead my team to the State playoffs.Hang in there Dulce04! My daughter is a Jr. on that Bellville team, and she's the one Bellville22 hugged just before I did. What she knows well and what I trust you know, is that softball is the epitome of a team sport. No one tries to make mistakes; no one wants to strike out; no one wants to lose concentration; and of course, no one wants to lose a game.
Our team is a mixture of talent and personalities, but we are only one team. Anybody on the squad can give a high five or a hug to a winning pitcher or someone who makes the great play or drives in the big run. But the player on your team who will truly be your leader is the one who gives that hug to the kid that struck out with the bases loaded or misjudged the fly ball or walked in the winning run in the 7th. That individual will be special in building a winner. That player will be the glue of the team. That's the one I'd want my kid to be.
Be that player, Dulce, and your team will rally around you and you will understand you need every one of them. Win as a team, and when it happens, lose as a team. Good luck in '04, and maybe we'll cross paths in the play-offs. :)

Brahma73
05-11-2003, 06:31 PM
In all my ramblings about the ball game, I almost forgot one very important item: If someone from Bridge City has any connections with the group of girls who sang the Star Spangled Banner before the game, please send my thanks and congratulations for a wonderful performance. It put tears in my eyes. Your school's talent is not limited to the softball field! :)

Dulce04
05-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the advice. I definitely will try and follow it and encourage my team to be that way too. 12 leaders are way better than 1.

exbccards76'smom
05-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Brahma73:
In all my ramblings about the ball game, I almost forgot one very important item: If someone from Bridge City has any connections with the group of girls who sang the Star Spangled Banner before the game, please send my thanks and congratulations for a wonderful performance. It put tears in my eyes. Your school's talent is not limited to the softball field! :) Brahma, That was probably the Cardinal singers. They sang the Star Spangled Banner at every home game this year. They are pretty awesome :D

<small>[ May 11, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: exbccards76'smom ]</small>