WTF-82
09-02-2006, 08:51 AM
COLLEGE FOOTBALL TODAY/ HERE MY PICK IN THIS ONE
GO IRISH !!!

NOTRE DAME 35
GEORGIA TECH 17

injuredinmelee
09-02-2006, 09:11 AM
i hope Notre Dame loses every game by 1784650355 points.

Hupernikomen
09-02-2006, 09:18 AM
"send those yellowjackets to a watery grave.."

oh yeah this is ND not Bama..

Hope Tech knocks the gold off of those helmets of ND. I sure do enjoy watching that kid from ND with the name that is impossible to remember and pronounce even if you did.

WTF-82
09-02-2006, 09:30 AM
I LOVE IRISH HATTERS !!!!

NDFootball
09-02-2006, 10:08 AM
O_O So many Irish haters here.

It's all good though...hating won't stop them from winning a national title this year. (Let's see how many people I can get riled up with that :D .)

The Irish will roll tonight

My prediction

ND 49
GT 17

And that's if the defense doesn't show any improvement from last year.

I'm looking forward to seeing ND's freshman OT Sam Young. (6'8, 302)

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
"send those yellowjackets to a watery grave.."

oh yeah this is ND not Bama..

Hope Tech knocks the gold off of those helmets of ND. I sure do enjoy watching that kid from ND with the name that is impossible to remember and pronounce even if you did.

Jeff "the Shark" Samardzija
or
Tom "the boxer" Zbikowski

... and i love the irish haters too. Tech keeps it close the first half, then ND rolls

CalallenWildcat
09-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Cheer, Cheer, for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes cheering her name
Send a volley cheer on high
Shake down the thunder from the sky
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all
As her loyal sons go marching
Onward to victory!

eagles_victory
09-02-2006, 10:55 AM
anybody else think this game is being overhyped due to the lack of other big games since most other top 25 are playing D1AA opponents

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
anybody else think this game is being overhyped due to the lack of other big games since most other top 25 are playing D1AA opponents

Pitt vs Eventual Nationa Champ Game Participants West Virginia

Hupernikomen
09-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Jeff "the Shark" Samardzija
or
Tom "the boxer" Zbikowski

... and i love the irish haters too. Tech keeps it close the first half, then ND rolls

The one that returns punts and kickoffs.

Samardzija guy. Fun to watch.

Bearkat
09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Lets go Irish!!!

PHS Wildcats
09-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Let's go Jackets:clap:

NDFootball
09-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Irish all the way baby.

carter08
09-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Cheer, Cheer, for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes cheering her name
Send a volley cheer on high
Shake down the thunder from the sky
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all
As her loyal sons go marching
Onward to victory!

Thats the new Columbia Fight Song

football4life
09-02-2006, 10:36 PM
well, pretty boring game, ND showed some poise and played well when they needed to. Charlie showed his usual brass and made some big calls at the end. good game, that freakin Johnson guy is amazing, but ND has a couple of playmakers as well. should be fun to watch.

injuredinmelee
09-02-2006, 10:51 PM
a squeaker over a crappy team. Notre Dame overrated by the national media simply because of their religious affiliation.

wedo
09-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Notre Dame will lose at least 2!! I didnt think that they would be able 2 beat GT!! i thought that Calvin johnson would be too much for that weak secondary of ND!! ND will not be ranked #2 that much longer, they are way overated!!!! Oh and Texas will beat tosu next week mark it down!! 17-13

STANG RED
09-02-2006, 11:14 PM
If GT gets the ball to Calvin Johnson a few more times, they win this game. ND didnt really impress me at all. Either they are way over rated, or GT is way under rated.

football4life
09-02-2006, 11:35 PM
wait, the notre dame defense was bad?? particularly the secondary?? they gave up 259 total yards, only 140 in the air, most of it to arguably the best receiver in college. also, not making excuses for the Irish O which was pretty stagnant, the GT defense played extremely well most of the game, blitzing and confusing Quinn, but were just worn on by ND who plugged away and had two 14 play TD drives.

football4life
09-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
a squeaker over a crappy team. Notre Dame overrated by the national media simply because of their religious affiliation.

elaborate please

injuredinmelee
09-02-2006, 11:47 PM
notre dame can be 6-4 and still be ranked in the top 25 no matter how crappy they are. The catholic members of the media will still vote for them simply because it is a catholic school.

Stownhorse
09-03-2006, 12:30 AM
haha sooooooo true

NDFootball
09-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Georgia Tech wanted this game pretty badly. ND really didn't impress me either although I think they will get their act together now that a team has shown them they aren't invinceable. They struggled badly at the start of the game but that atmosphere was insane...I don't remember the Coliseum ever being that chaotic when they've played USC. The Irish pretty much dominated the second half the score doesn't really show what they did. Georgia Tech will do about what they did last year...all they are is an upset team that plays very well when they receive that much hype on games with ranked opponents. (Remember Miami?)

I'm undecided now on whether Notre Dame is overrated or not, we'll see next week against Penn State. However, their rank didn't come from being Catholic... it came mostly from their recruiting class. Willingham was destroyed in the Gator Bowl against NC State his first year, was a dud in that recruiting class at that time (although they did recruit Quinn that year), and you didn't see their rank shoot all the way up the polls then did you? There are just too many ND haters here. :rolleyes: It's ok though I'll enjoy watching UT get stomped by OSU. :D

injuredinmelee
09-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Georgia Tech wanted this game pretty badly. ND really didn't impress me either although I think they will get their act together now that a team has shown them they aren't invinceable. They struggled badly at the start of the game but that atmosphere was insane...I don't remember the Coliseum ever being that chaotic when they've played USC. The Irish pretty much dominated the second half the score doesn't really show what they did. Georgia Tech will do about what they did last year...all they are is an upset team that plays very well when they receive that much hype on games with ranked opponents. (Remember Miami?)

I'm undecided now on whether Notre Dame is overrated or not, we'll see next week against Penn State. However, their rank didn't come from being Catholic... it came mostly from their recruiting class. Willingham was destroyed in the Gator Bowl against NC State his first year, was a dud in that recruiting class at that time (although they did recruit Quinn that year), and you didn't see their rank shoot all the way up the polls then did you? There are just too many ND haters here. :rolleyes: It's ok though I'll enjoy watching UT get stomped by OSU. :D

they were ranked almost every week under Willie ham no mattter how crappy they were.

TheDOCTORdre
09-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
It's ok though I'll enjoy watching UT get stomped by OSU. :D
and with that statement you show us all your ignorance of college football.

TheDOCTORdre
09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
oh and as far as ND goes, i think they are a tad bit overrated i think they are a Top 10 team, but not a Top 5 team, and it showed last nite, thats just my opinion though. ND will have a good year but they wont even be able to get out of the month of september undefeated