PDA

View Full Version : Sinton-Cuero pics

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2006, 08:35 AM
http://mas.scripps.com/CCCT/2006/09/02/P-3SINTON0902_d.jpgMichelle Christenson/Caller-Times

Sinton defenders (from left) Nick Harris, Trent Hesseltine and Charlie Sanchez hold Cuero’s Fabian Olguin to a one-yard loss in the first quarter of the game Friday night in Sinton. http://mas.scripps.com/CCCT/2006/09/02/P-3SINTONb0902_d.jpgCuero’s Corey Scott makes a second-quarter catch for 38 of his 113 yards despite the defensive efforts of Sinton’s Matt Villarreal.
http://mas.scripps.com/CCCT/2006/09/02/P-3SINTONc0902_d.jpgCuero’s Corey Scott completes an 18-yard pass in front of Sinton’s Matt Villarreal in the first quarter on Friday.

Pirates take a big No. 1 hit
3A's top-ranked team looks it against Sinton

By JAVIER BECERRA Caller-Times
September 2, 2006

SINTON - There's a reason Cuero is the state's No. 1 team in Class 3A.

Kyle Noack completed 11 passes for 255 yards and hooked up with Tre Gray on three scoring strikes as the Gobblers cruised to a 29-0 victory over Sinton Friday night. The Gobblers held the Pirates to only 78 total yards and four first downs, solidifying their spot at the top of the rankings.

"We wanted to come out and prove that we are the No. 1 team," Noack said. "There's a lot of pressure coming in. We have a lot to improve on, but overall it was a good showing."

Corey Scott led Cuero (1-0) with five catches for 113 yards, while Gray finished with three for 91. Five of Noack's completions covered 30 yards or more, including three that went for at least 44.

Noack capped the scoring with a 51-yard touchdown pass to Gray early in the fourth quarter. It was Noack's fourth straight completion after misfiring on his first three attempts of the second half.

"It took a little bit to get into a rhythm, but it's only the first game," Noack said. "You're just trying to work everything out against live coverage. The offensive line gave me a lot of time, and the receivers got open."

Sinton (0-1) featured several new players in key positions on offense, which struggled against a Cuero defense ready to stop the run.

The Pirates kept the ball on the ground for most of the first half, but 18 rushes produced only 25 yards. Quarterback Wes Ring's only called pass attempt went to Zach Collins for a 9-yard gain.

Cuero held Sinton without a first down until late in the second quarter. Collins picked up another later in the drive, but the Gobblers eventually forced the Pirates to punt for a fifth straight time.

"They're really good on defense, and our young offensive line didn't handle them very well," Sinton coach Jimmie Mitchell said. "That meant we had to play defense all night. We just gave up too many big plays."

The Gobblers had much more success moving the ball.

By halftime, Cuero had racked up 203 total yards, 123 of those passing.

Noack and Gray connected for the team's first touchdown from 10 yards out with 1:08 left in the first quarter.

The Gobblers added to their lead midway through the second when tailback Fabian Olguin busted loose for a 54-yard scoring run. The scoring continued in the third quarter with a 30-yard touchdown pass from Noack to Gray before a 21-yard field goal by Jonathan Perez put Cuero ahead 22-0.

The teams were scheduled to play last year on Sept. 23, but officials from the two schools canceled the game in anticipation of Hurricane Rita's landfall somewhere along the Texas coast.

Ranked No. 1 in state at the time, Cuero went on to lose to Hutto in the Division II state semifinals. Sinton, ninth in the rankings, clinched a fifth-straight District 30-3A title before being upset by Hondo in the first round of the Div. II playoffs.

Aesculus gilmus
09-02-2006, 08:39 AM
It's really too bad that Cuero and Gilmer will not play each other, especially with players such as Noack talking such smack. Does he even know where Gilmer is?

Tiger Baseball
09-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
It's really too bad that Cuero and Gilmer will not play each other, especially with players such as Noack talking such smack. Does he even know where Gilmer is? Where is the smack talking? :confused:

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 09:05 AM
It's really too bad that Cuero and Gilmer will not play each other, especially with players such as Noack talking such smack. Does he even know where Gilmer is?

OMG!!! I cannot believe you just said that!!:eek: :eek:

Noack is one of the must humblest players I have ever met.....find you somebody else to pick on!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aesculus gilmus
09-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Not a single Gilmer Buckeye player can be found quoted about backing up some mythical "No. 1" ranking.

The only way for Noack and Cuero to "prove" they are better than the Buckeyes is to play them (which unfortunately is not likely to happen), not to beat other South Texas teams.

I'm sorry. I'm just calling it the way I see it. It doesn't look all that humble up in this neck of the woods.

Buckeye80
09-02-2006, 09:22 AM
And the hits just keep on coming......:rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2006, 09:24 AM
lol so u want all of 3a to accept that Gilmer is no. 1, so nobody else better think they are no.1
:D

Aesculus gilmus
09-02-2006, 09:28 AM
What I am saying is it is pointless to go out on the field and say you are "proving" the validity of a mythical ranking.

This season may turn out as the 3A equivalent of the worst BCS controversy to date.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

"We wanted to come out and prove that we are the No. 1 team," Noack said.

That is "talking Smack"???

You know....my Greenwood Rangers came out on Thursday trying to prove that THEY are the No. 1 team! Isn't that what it's all about??

Tiger Baseball
09-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is "talking Smack"???

You know....my Greenwood Rangers came out on Thursday trying to prove that THEY are the No. 1 team! Isn't that what it's all about??

:clap: Every team in the state wants to do that...:D

Aesculus gilmus
09-02-2006, 10:03 AM
The only way it will ever be proven that Cuero is better than Gilmer would be for the Gobblers to defeat the Buckeyes on the field. As the two teams are likely to be in different divisions, this is probably not going to happen.

This really isn't that difficult to understand. All other "No. 1" rankings are subjective and thus "mythical."

I wish 3A and the other classes had not been divided up into two separate championships. But then I also would never have had three teams or more making the playoffs out of each district.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
:clap: Every team in the state wants to do that...:D

I guess that's okay as long as you don't "say it outloud to a reporter":doh:

Buckeye80
09-02-2006, 10:05 AM
The only way it will ever be proven that Cuero is better than Gilmer would be for the Gobblers to defeat the Buckeyes on the field.

And vice versa.

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2006, 10:05 AM
The only way it will ever be proven that Cuero is better than Gilmer would be for the Gobblers to defeat the Buckeyes on the field. As the two teams are likely to be in different divisions, this is probably not going to happen.

This really isn't that difficult to understand. All other "No. 1" rankings are subjective and thus "mythical."

I wish 3A and the other classes had not been divided up into two separate championships. But then I also would never have had three teams or more making the playoffs out of each district.

sounds like sour grapes to me. had the rankings been switched... you wouldnt be cryin about them as much as you are.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Is it really that big of deal?? Gilmer is ranked #1 on eleventy-three polls....AP ranked Cuero #1. It seems to me you are just upset because they didn't rank Gilmer up there too.

Why do you care what he said??

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Is it really that big of deal?? Gilmer is ranked #1 on eleventy-three polls....AP ranked Cuero #1. It seems to me you are just upset because they didn't rank Gilmer up there too.

Why do you care what he said??

because Cuero is the baby of the board, with the QB and OL/DL being posters on here.
Because they have to tranfer in talent.
Because everyone on here knows the Cuero players.
Because Gilmer "should" be #1 EVERY YEAR:rolleyes:
Because, for him always deferring the credit to the rest of his team, he is humble, something this gilmer poster doesnt know anything about.

Tiger Baseball
09-02-2006, 10:10 AM
I guess that's okay as long as you don't "say it outloud to a reporter":doh:

Yep thats right don't say anything to a reporter, just lay low, put it on cruise control and go to your destination.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
because Cuero is the baby of the board, with the QB and OL/DL being posters on here.
Because they have to tranfer in talent.
Because everyone on here knows the Cuero players.
Because Gilmer "should" be #1 EVERY YEAR:rolleyes:
Because, for him always deferring the credit to the rest of his team, he is humble, something this gilmer poster doesnt know anything about.

Because I personally know Kyle Noack, I will defend his name as long and as hard as I have to!!

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Because I personally know Kyle Noack, I will defend his name as long and as hard as I have to!!

and you arent the only one.

Tiger Baseball
09-02-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't know Noack but I sure do like this young man!

Aesculus gilmus
09-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Rankings are meaningless. The Gilmer players are not talking about "proving" they are worthy of
Dave Campbell's No. 1 ranking.

My main point is that it is too bad these teams will never play each other just as it was too bad Abilene Wylie and Gilmer couldn't play each other in 2004 just as it is too bad every Div I and Div II champion can't play each other.

There will never again be an undisputed Class 3A champion and to me that is too bad. But obviously the powers that be want it this way.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Rankings are meaningless. The Gilmer players are not talking about "proving" they are worthy of

My main point is that it is too bad these teams will never play each other just as it was too bad Abilene Wylie and Gilmer couldn't play each other in 2004 just as it is too bad every Div I and Div II champion can't play each other.

There will never again be an undisputed Class 3A champion and to me that is too bad. But obviously the powers that be want it this way.

He made one little quote in a paper saying they wanna prove they are #1 and all the sudden he is talking "smack".:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are grasping for straws now!!

For all your "mythical" talk...I STILL think it burns your butt that the AP didn't rank Gilmer #1 too!!

It's almost as if you are saying..."How dare he, we are ranked #1 in every other poll"!!

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2006, 10:23 AM
"There's a lot of pressure coming in. We have a lot to improve on, but overall it was a good showing."

did you miss that part of his quote?
do you realize how high the expectations are in this town. they have been a great program for years... before the past 5 years, gilmer was great for how long? Trust me, i talk to the kid on a regular basis, the entire team knows the pressure they are under. And for the record, not a SINGLE Cuero player has a full website dedicated to their humble a$$. they dont need validation from all of the internet via a site for each player

Buckeye80
09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
... before the past 5 years, gilmer was great for how long?
Let's not get ugly. His opinion is not the opinion of everyone from Gilmer, but he is entitled to it.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Let's not get ugly. His opinion is not the opinion of everyone from Gilmer, but he is entitled to it.

I agree.....as I am to mine!!:p

Buckeye80
09-02-2006, 10:30 AM
I agree.....as I am to mine!!:p

Boo RangerMom! Boo!:D

Aesculus gilmus
09-02-2006, 10:30 AM
You shouldn't have anything to worry about. You will no doubt roll to a Div II title.

Just don't say that "proves" you are No. 1. Sadly, there will never be a way to determine that anymore in Class 3A. But, and I repeat myself, someone higher up than I wanted it to be this way.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2006, 10:32 AM
dont be to shy and claim Gilmer has won Div 1 already.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 10:38 AM
You shouldn't have anything to worry about. You will no doubt roll to a Div II title.

Just don't say that "proves" you are No. 1. Sadly, there will never be a way to determine that anymore in Class 3A. But, and I repeat myself, someone higher up than I wanted it to be this way.

I think this has rank up there as one of the most ridiculous arguements I have ever been involved in.

I could care less about the rankings....my point is you are taking what, IMO, is one of the states most humble players said and blowing it all of porportion and accuse him of talking smack.

For someone who has a problem with the mythical rankings...you sure have posted on this thread enough about them.

IMO, this has nothing to do with the rankings and EVERYTHING to do with what Kyle Noack said!!

Aesculus gilmus
09-02-2006, 10:40 AM
I didn't say that, though, did I? I said I thought Cuero would cruise to a Div II title.

Gilmer may not even make the playoffs. (I'm "channelling" Coach Traylor now.)

But I wouldn't say that about Cuero if I were the Cuero QB. I would let others say things about rankings and the like. But that's just me.

He can say anything he wants to. Sportswriters love kids like this. "Good copy" they call it.

And, BTW, I am sure that this exemplary young man from Cuero would never say something as stupid as what I posited above.

I regret that he and Kinne will not go head-to-head in December. That could have been a QB duel for the ages.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2006, 10:46 AM

But I wouldn't say that about Cuero if I were the Cuero QB. I would let others say things about rankings and the like. But that's just me.

I think you are 100% correct in that....I believe it is "just you"! Even someone backing the same team as you said not all feel that way, but you are entitled to your own opinion.

With that, I am leaving this post behind.

44INAROW
09-02-2006, 11:24 AM
WOW - OMG ROFL JEEZ LOUISE and YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.......

GO MEAN GREEN

Gobbla2001
09-02-2006, 12:03 PM
The #1 thing I think about this thread is that thanks for the article...

The #2 thing is that you have to understand what Kyle was saying here...

Since around week 5 of the 2004 football season Cuero has been ranked #1 by the AP... Lost to A-Dubya in the championship in '04 and to Hutto in the semi's last year...

I think everyone across the state, 'including' Cuero players such as Noack, are tired of seeing Cuero ranked #1 when they just end up losing...

He knows he can't prove Cuero is the #1 team by beating Sinton 29-0, he knows he can't show it by going 10-0 this season (pending Hurricane) and he may realize that winning State may not prove Cuero is #1 due to two divisions, but I know for sure that he wants Cuero to prove they are worthy of that #1 ranking this year...

Dear lawd, a grown man using a 17-year old kid's harmless comment and spinning it in whichever way he can to prove some meaningless point about meaningless rankings...

Thank God there are great Gilmer folks like Buckeye80 and lostaussie on here...

Gobbla2001
09-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Dear lawd, a grown man using a 17-year old kid's harmless comment and spinning it in whichever way he can to prove some meaningless point about meaningless rankings...

BTW, did I mention that was pretty freakin' sad?

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
BTW, did I mention that was pretty freakin' sad?

you hadn't before but i think it went noticed... and good seein ya last night dude... where ya headed next week?

eagles_victory
09-02-2006, 12:45 PM
omg the kids a high school senior getting interviewed all the time if this is the worst thing he says then hes doing great. Im pretty sure he didnt mean to offend anyone from Gilmer. From what I know of Kyle there number 1 now and he intends to be number 1 in December. Cuero knows number 1 now doesnt mean anything without a ring at the end of the year.

Gobbla2001
09-02-2006, 01:56 PM
you hadn't before but i think it went noticed... and good seein ya last night dude... where ya headed next week?

I think I'm working next weekend...

eagles_victory
09-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
omg the kids a high school senior getting interviewed all the time if this is the worst thing he says then hes doing great. Im pretty sure he didnt mean to offend anyone from Gilmer. From what I know of Kyle there number 1 now and he intends to be number 1 in December. Cuero knows number 1 now doesnt mean anything without a ring at the end of the year. i take everything offensive so if i dont take offence to it... it must not be bad :D

Gobbla2001
09-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i take everything offensive

that offends me

:mad:

greenwitchll
09-18-2006, 12:55 AM

Knowing this guy, he could tell you a thing or two!!! Noack is a class A guy. Intelligent, talented and an overall sweet person.

SintonFan
09-18-2006, 01:07 AM
I guess this is where I need to add my pics RM?:D

NateDawg39
09-18-2006, 01:21 AM

I wish 3A and the other classes had not been divided up into two separate championships. But then I also would never have had three teams or more making the playoffs out of each district. All I see is BLAH BLAH BLAH I am HOMER HOMER Gilmer Sucks!! They couldnt beat the Catholic girls school for the blind and parapalegic 3rd string!

Phil C
09-18-2006, 08:20 AM

Hey Aes - and wait till the private schools start trickling into the lower classifications.

Phil C
09-18-2006, 08:22 AM
As pointed out earlier let's wait till both teams win the state championships this year before we start arguing. You never know what's going to happen down the line.

CHS_CG
09-18-2006, 08:23 AM
ya know, I know Kyle personally also and he is a great kid! Smart and athletic and till you are walkin in his shoes you dont need to judge! Kyle is under a great amount of pressure as is the rest of the team,(as is any other team in the damn state that had a great season last year!) You are how old and you are picking on a 17 year old senior bc his team just wants the chance to prove they are #1???? I am sorry but thats pretty lame. These are HIGH SCHOOL BOYS wanting to prove that they deserve what they have earned. Do us all a favor and shut the hell up. BOO HOO Glimer isnt ranked #1 in the AP poll! Cry me a freakin river!:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Ranger Mom
09-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I guess this is where I need to add my pics RM?:D

??? I guess!

Am I missing something??

Pudlugger
09-18-2006, 11:28 AM

Unless Gonzales steps it up I doubt Cuero goes DII. Yoakum and either Goliad or Palacios could make the playoffs leaving Cuero DI as the big school.:cool:

pirate4state
09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
This is an old post :confused: Sometimes it's best to leave these topics alone.