Bull's-eye
09-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Good game for the Brahmas! :clap: :clap: :clap:

rockdale80
09-02-2006, 12:38 AM
A great win for bellville. I have them picked to win state

Bull's-eye
09-02-2006, 01:40 AM
Bellville's RB Cooper had a big night, rushing for 205 yds on 22 carries. He scored 2 TD's on the ground and also caught a nifty screen pass for a 19 yd score. QB O'Conner passed for 2 TD's, including a first quarter 34 yd strike to B. Harris. Bellville's defense held Sealy to 139 total yards, 31-98 on the ground and only 41 yds through the air. The Brahmas recovered 2 fumbles and also came away with 2 interceptions. Bellville's defense was led by Lischka, Canchola and Pawlowski. Sealy's only score came on a 40 yd reverse play that was almost stopped for a loss.

Bellville seemed to lose some of their intensity after getting a 28-0 lead and kind of cruised through the 2nd half. At times, Bellville played a little sloppy, but that's probably expected for a first game. I still would like to see more of the short passing game, instead of always trying to air it out down field.

Highschoolfan78
09-02-2006, 01:59 AM
congrats bellville

Bull's-eye
09-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Congratulations to coach Huey Chancellor on his 100th win!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
09-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Bellville will need to work on their punting game, they averaged only 22 yards on 5 punts. They also had one punt blocked because of a bad snap. I think their regular punter didn't play due to injury. Sealy's punter did an excellant job on his punts and looked to be an early favorite for the all-distict team.

scotty
09-03-2006, 07:11 PM
I thought that the second half was a very sloppy game. Maybe it was because Bellville had a big lead, but they kept most of their key players in the game until real late making me believe that the sloppiness wasn't due to so many new faces in the lineup. Bellville's passing game will need to improve as there were numerous passes that a good secondary would have picked off. Bellville's O-line seems to be improved a bunch as last year Sealy was able to put a lot of pressure on the quarterback where this year they weren't.
Sealy will have a real hard time against Rice as I just don't see them matching up well against the Raiders. And a former coach told me that Columbia, Bellville's next opponent, has just great looking kids. They however didn't show all that much in a close win over Brazosport, a 4A team that didn't win a game all last season.

Bull19
09-04-2006, 05:39 PM
ILL HAVE TO AGREE WITH SCOTTY ABOUT HIS COMMENT ON THE SECONDARY OF THE TIGERS. I PERSONALLY BELIEVE ANY OTHER SECONDARY IN THE STATE OF TEXAS WOULD'VE AT LEAST HAD 2 INTERCEPTIONS BECAUSE THEIR WERE SEVERAL THROWS FROM O'CONNER THAT HIT THE TIGERS RIGHT IN THE CHEST. hOWEVER, I BELIEVE IN DUE TIME ALL OF THIS WILL BE STRAIGHTENED OUT. ALL IN ALL A VERY DOMINATING PERFORMANCE.

Bull's-eye
09-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Congratulations to coach Huey Chancellor on his 100th win!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumbsup:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-06-2006, 05:07 PM
100th win vs Sealy how sweet was that for the Coach. Great job to the staff and the Bellville football athelets from the past years.

Bull's-eye
09-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
100th win vs Sealy how sweet was that for the Coach. Great job to the staff and the Bellville football athelets from the past years.

Good post! There is a huge team effort involved in all those wins. Don't forget the parents, cheerleaders, band and all the great fans.

BrahmaMom
09-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Congrats to Huey for building Bellville Brahams to the powerhouse it is today. He has some fine coaching staff, too. Valentine, Collier, Foster is back, all the position coaches, along with the junior high program development---it's a machine. Bull's Eye, you are right, as always, it takes a lot of effort from a lot of people. Bellville comes together as a town to make it happen--it does take a village. Go Brahmas!

BTEXDAD
09-08-2006, 08:29 AM
I'd forgotten about the 100th win for Chancellor. Congrats to Coach and all involved.
Realizing how successful they have been and seeing that this is ONLY the 100th win for Chancellor, makes you appreciate much more some of these other high school coaches with 2, 3 and even 400 plus wins.

Also, for Bellvillle, I think it was mentioned, but punter and running back, Chaney, will be back this week from knee injury. Punting game should be better, but not sure how much Chaney will play at running back.