PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge 33 Bridgeport 6 final

NateDawg39
09-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Good D for Breck it seems

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-01-2006, 11:30 PM
This one surprises me. Good win for the Bucks.

Chris Hart
09-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Breck must have a very good defense. Holding Bridgeport to 6 points is awesome considering their dangerous spread attack...I remember the day when Breckenridge was pretty durn awesome. Way to go Buckaroos!

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-01-2006, 11:59 PM
They have been decent the past 3 or so years. They may have just took it up a notch.

slpybear the bullfan
09-02-2006, 12:31 AM
In a nutshell, Bridgeport imploded tonight. Absolutely imploded. First 6 minutes looked great... then the thing just went wrong in a hurry.

I don't want to take away from the win... Good job Bucks. Your conditioning was definitely better and execution made the difference.

You could tell it was Week 1... Both teams still need lots of practice. And the refs too.

Here's hoping the next week of practice pays off...

KTA
09-02-2006, 01:33 AM
I remember the day when Breckenridge was pretty durn awesome

I remember that to, Byron Polley, Cliff Watkins, Skipper Robertson. I remember they were ranked #1 until they got beat by the Lobos in the playoffs (guess they shouldnt of been partying hard the night before)

VWG
09-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
In a nutshell, Bridgeport imploded tonight. Absolutely imploded. First 6 minutes looked great... then the thing just went wrong in a hurry.

I don't want to take away from the win... Good job Bucks. Your conditioning was definitely better and execution made the difference.

You could tell it was Week 1... Both teams still need lots of practice. And the refs too.

Here's hoping the next week of practice pays off...

What did you expect from the Bulls at the start of the season?
Aren't y'all used to this by now? Don't worry, just the first game.
If history repeats itself.... the Bulls will trudge along and then make a run for the playoffs.

NateDawg39
09-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by VWG
What did you expect from the Bulls at the start of the season?
Aren't y'all used to this by now? Don't worry, just the first game.
If history repeats itself.... the Bulls will trudge along and then make a run for the playoffs. I was a bit surprised by the score because of the spread offense the Bulls use...they dont get shut down like that very easily. Especially with a QB as good as Durban. AND, to be held to NEGATIVE yards on the ground??? I am totally freaked out by it. I know they lost Collin Jones but they have some good ones back there as usual.

sweetwater07
09-02-2006, 10:04 PM
i didn't figure that breckenridge would win this game......bridgeport seems to be the obvious fav.......maybe this will make for a harder 7-3A

Bullaholic
09-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Congrats to Breckenridge for a convincing win. I'll "echo" slpy's game description---the Bull "O" did indeed implode against Breckenridge. The Bucks used their skill players on "D" to give a tremendous outside speed rush. The Bull "O" line did not do a very good job of picking it up and compensating, so the QB was hurried on nearly every throw. The Bull "O" was just flat out of "sync" and looked flat and 1 dimensional. The Bulls either look like an F16 climbing thru the clouds or a lawnmover with water in the gas. Against Breck---the "lawnmower" showed up.

The Bull "D" did a decent job early, but broke down in the 2nd half because they had to be on the field so long. The Buck QB---Blaine Vick can flat "motor"--he is a very good athlete....fast, and very elusive and he broke several big runs against the Bull "D".

The Bulls will be back---they just have to come up with some answers, and I know this will be "addressed" in practice this coming week. Go Bulls!

VWG
09-03-2006, 12:18 PM
I noticed in the paper that there were a total of 14 fumbles in the game. WOW!