PDA

View Full Version : Palestine 28 Hallsville 27!!!

PHS Wildcats
09-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Palestine wins!!!!! what a comeback down 27-0 at the half and to comeback and win the game Great job guys!!!!!:

I think this is the greatest comback in school History!!!:clap:

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 10:32 PM
WOW!!:eek: :eek:

Hallsville is no pushover 4A team! What's the story with the 27 point hole?

IHStangFan
09-01-2006, 10:34 PM
WOW!! way to go Palestine!

PHS Wildcats
09-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Palestine had 5 turnovers in the 1st half, 1st play of the game Hallsville scord on an INT. Palestine went 3 and out and on the 1st play for Hallsville they scored on a 61 yd td pass,Palestine them fumbled and Halsville picked it up and return it for a TD and Halsville scored right before half.

The 2nd Half PHS defensed step it up and Hallsville couldn't move the ball at all. Our offense settled down and took over the game.

Hallsville missed a 40 yd Field goal with 1:17 left and PHS ran out the clock

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 10:40 PM
The TO's can kill ya'.

That's funny! I just saw what I typed. Any comments fellow Cowboys' fans?

Pball
09-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Great Game Palestine Players and Coaches.

This is a character builder for the Wildcats.

Reminds me of Superbowl XXVII when Don Beebe with Buffalo ran down Leon Lett and knocked the ball out of his hands when he was returning a fumble for touchdown. Never ever give up.............

PHS Wildcats
09-01-2006, 11:01 PM
This was posted on another board by a Hallsville fan

I just got home from the game. Palestine more than deserved this win. Very gutsy. Nothing went right for the Wildcats in the first half. Hallsville scored on Palestines first play of the game (pass interception for TD) Hallsville then got another TD on their first possession (long TD pass). Hallsville scored again in the 2nd Q on a fumble by the Wildcats. Palestine gave up another interception and at least one more fumble, all in the first half to go down 27-0. They completely dominated the 2nd half, driving the ball mostly on the ground with several key 1st down pass completions to complete the comback and then hang on for the win.

Hallsville did miss two field goals and an extra point. One of the field goals with about a minute on the clock.

Congratulations, that was a gutsy win by a very resiliant team. As for Hallsville, it felt like we got a little cocky at the half for no good reason. I say that because even in the first half when every break was going their way, Palestine was proving to be a little more physical at the point of attack. If the Bobcats had come out with a little more intensity and killer instinct the game could have been iced in the 3rd Q.

Hallsville does have some talent but will have to play much better to come anywhere close to the pre-season hype.

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Did Palestine and Hallsville ever meet in the 4A playoffs? I can't think of a time that they did, but I'm unsure.

PHS Wildcats
09-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Yea, in 2003 Adrian Peterson's Sr Season, Palestine was up 19-7 in the 4th and Hallsville came back with 2 late TDs to win 20-19.

Buckeye80
09-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Yea, in 2003 Adrian Peterson's Sr Season, Palestine was up 19-7 in the 4th and Hallsville came back with 2 late TDs to win 20-19.

Wasn't that regular season? I didn't think PHS made the playoffs AP's senior season. Just asking?

PHS Wildcats
09-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Wasn't that regular season? I didn't think PHS made the playoffs AP's senior season. Just asking?

Yea, we played them at Rose stadium

Adrian's Jr we lost to Waco University in Waxahachie

Sandman
09-02-2006, 01:09 AM
Yeah that Palestine/Hallsville playoff game was to see who got to play Ennis in the second round.

Buckeye80
09-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Sandman
Yeah that Palestine/Hallsville playoff game was to see who got to play Ennis in the second round.

That's kinda like playing "paper/rock/scissors" to see who goes to the electric chair first.:D